Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,878 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family (18208 Views)

What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? / "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research / “I Can’t Wait For My Parents To Die, So I Can Inherit All” - Guy On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by seyi360(m): 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2021
tiswell:
Hustle o make you no go dey wait for inheritance

You miss the point. Hustle or no hustle, a good parent leaves an inheritance for his children's children. Inheritance is your right as a child in a family and it's meant to augument your life.

4 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by SonofGod231: 3:08pm On Aug 12, 2021
Biglogo:
Agboju logun fira e foshi ta , put inheritance behind u for now bro and man up, u may do better
I have only two elders sisters(all married and far away).
Who will I leave it for?
Abi I still be small pikin ni?
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by SonofGod231: 3:09pm On Aug 12, 2021
Sermwell:

You are a very ungrateful and lazy son! You don't deserve anything from your parents! Go and hustle!! Ewu!
Mumu I dey another state dey hustle on my own.
So I should leave my inheritance for you?
Idiot.

5 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by ArticleBeast: 3:10pm On Aug 12, 2021
Akalia:
You are privileged but ungrateful.
Very ungrateful bastard

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by theenchanter: 3:11pm On Aug 12, 2021
sheanzy:
oga we are saying the same thing.. it's not a liability

Which kind mentality una get sef
bros, assets are things that brings u money and will continually bring u money as long as it's there..... Even if u'll sell it at the end of d day, the value would've increased.

Liability is the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by bepositive11: 3:12pm On Aug 12, 2021
crackhaus:

My brother, please ensure you leave more than this for your children.

I think the best thing parents can do is build their children up to a point where they can build for themselves

2 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by sheanzy(m): 3:15pm On Aug 12, 2021
theenchanter:
bros, assets are things that brings u money and will continually bring u money as long as it's there..... Even if u'll sell it at the end of d day, the value would've increased.

Liability is the other way round.
person dash u something u sell am, no be Money the thing bring for u oga
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by SonofGod231: 3:19pm On Aug 12, 2021
ArticleBeast:

Very ungrateful bastard
How am I ungrateful and why the abuses.
I have heard relatives say my Dad has been saying"He would "will" his properties to charity".
I'm not happy about that.
What have I done rather than hustle but still I am not half as rich as my Dad and Mum.
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by crackhaus: 3:20pm On Aug 12, 2021
udoka55555:

For sure bro...

At 28 I am married and own my own business...

All I think about when I am working is my unborn kids, nephews and nieces....

I want to make sure they enjoy the best life have to offer through me.
A very important goal.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by Austin4Jesus(m): 3:20pm On Aug 12, 2021
Yes, Early Responsibilities, Thank God for His Grace that sustained us and still sustaining us ..

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by crackhaus: 3:26pm On Aug 12, 2021
bepositive11:

I think the best thing parents can do is build their children up to a point where they can build for themselves
Building children to a point where they can build for themselves does NOT eliminate the need to leave an inheritance for them.

Both can happen simultaneously, they're not mutually exclusive events.

8 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by mfm04622: 3:32pm On Aug 12, 2021
SonofGod231:
My Parents left the house they built in the 90's to go live in the latest one they built.
And I have been living there alone since 2010 but of recent,any time I ask them for the documents to the house. They begin to insult me and make it an issue,that I can't wait for the man to die before I start asking for papers.
After my graduation,the car they bought for me the very first time I carry the car travel na serious accident I go get along Port-harcourt-Owerri road.
I nearly die.
As I am speaking I've sold the car,rented the place out while I allow some of my friends to occupy the b/q. I thought they will make it an issue but they've being quiet about it.
Country hard,every body dey find extra cheddars now.I don't know why God gave me this set of Parents.

Your parents are alive and you are asking for the papers?!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by bepositive11: 3:32pm On Aug 12, 2021
crackhaus:

Building children to a point where they can build for themselves does NOT eliminate the need to leave an inheritance for them.

Both can happen simultaneously, they're not mutually exclusive events.

I know. Still, building your children up should be the first priority. Inheritance is a plus

So many parents leave inheritance behind without building up their children. Then their children fight for inheritance or drain up their inheritance

When children are built well, if there's no inheritance, they can build their own. If there is inheritance, they'll multiply it

3 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by Lewisdinho(m): 3:33pm On Aug 12, 2021
So sorry bro, God will uplift you
dgagar:
For where? Ordinary spoon i no inherit. My father died 27yrs ago, when i was 4yrs. His family claim my mother killed him. They shared everything he had and forget the only son he had which is me. Up till today, am still struggling to live a better life ��

2 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by SonofGod231: 3:34pm On Aug 12, 2021
bepositive11:

You may have to define that point where you leave your children to build for themselves.
Because,some parents believe with just education you should be able to enter any bank and collect money.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by crackhaus: 3:34pm On Aug 12, 2021
bepositive11:

I know. Still, building your children up should be the first priority. Inheritance is a plus

So many parents leave inheritance behind without building up their children. Then their children fight for inheritance or drain up their inheritance

When children are built well, if there's no inheritance, they can build their own. If there is inheritance, they'll multiply it
Definitely...

5 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by SonofGod231: 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2021
mfm04622:

Your parents are alive and you are asking for the papers?!
You don't understand,I said I have been the one living there for some time so I was relocating to another state. Besides,it was the advise I got from people.
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by Hoodnigga123: 3:44pm On Aug 12, 2021
I inherited a mother I have 5o send money to every month.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by phemmyfour: 3:50pm On Aug 12, 2021
I sold the damn inheritance. It doesn't make sense keeping inheritance for children that doesn't have plans coming back to this Country.

4 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by Chris525: 3:51pm On Aug 12, 2021
So where do you live do you have a job?

SonofGod231:
My Parents left the house they built in the 90's to go live in the latest one they built.
And I have been living there alone since 2010 but of recent,any time I ask them for the documents to the house. They begin to insult me and make it an issue,that I can't wait for the man to die before I start asking for papers.
After my graduation,the car they bought for me the very first time I carry the car travel na serious accident I go get along Port-harcourt-Owerri road.
I nearly die.
As I am speaking I've sold the car,rented the place out while I allow some of my friends to occupy the b/q. I thought they will make it an issue but they've being quiet about it.
Country hard,every body dey find extra cheddars now.I don't know why God gave me this set of Parents.
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by Bigfish121(m): 3:58pm On Aug 12, 2021
Shishi my papa nor leave for me though he died quite early.
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by SonofGod231: 3:58pm On Aug 12, 2021
Chris525:

So where do you live do you have a job?

I am living in a rented apartment presently.
Yes,I have a job of (200K to 235K/month).
We are talking of inheritance here and not something else.

4 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by bepositive11: 4:07pm On Aug 12, 2021
SonofGod231:

You may have to define that point where you leave your children to build for themselves.
Because,some parents believe with just education you should be able to enter any bank and collect money.

Exactly. By building children up, I'm talking about character. Education is not enough at all. It's important but that's just one aspect of building up a child
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by seyi360(m): 4:15pm On Aug 12, 2021
ArticleBeast:

Very ungrateful bastard

How dare you call him a bastard?

3 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by SonofGod231: 4:20pm On Aug 12, 2021
bepositive11:

Exactly. By building children up, I'm talking about character. Education is not enough at all. It's important but that's just one aspect of building up a child
Well,thanks for this.I don't know why when it comes to inheritance and people hear the privileged few son's talk about it. They begin to see you as undeserving. Very annoying.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by Makanaki127: 4:21pm On Aug 12, 2021
BigDawsNet:

It's not going to work on my side...I'm not married yet but I'm pretty sure my gf currently hav a good relationship with my siblings so nothing of such will happen on my watch.....
Okay
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by eagleeye2: 4:22pm On Aug 12, 2021
dgagar:
For where? Ordinary spoon i no inherit. My father died 27yrs ago, when i was 4yrs. His family claim my mother killed him. They shared everything he had and forget the only son he had which is me. Up till today, am still struggling to live a better life ��
Sorry about your experience. God will lift you up.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by SonofGod231: 4:22pm On Aug 12, 2021
seyi360:

How dare you call him a bastard?

Truthfully,I don't know how that came about.
But it's okay, everyone always has something to say here.
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by DEEBOZZ(m): 4:24pm On Aug 12, 2021
We're three in my family my and my dad left a house for me in Paris France and Abuja, while my other two sibling got 1 house each each in Zurich Switzerland and Los Angeles respectively.
Other things like cars company and all that is been manage by the three of us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by Ayo2004: 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2021
DEEBOZZ:
We're three in my family my and my dad left a house for me in Paris France and Abuja, while my other two sibling got 1 house each each in Zurich Switzerland and Los Angeles respectively.
Other things like cars company and all that is been manage by the three of us.
Be like say u still dey dream grin

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by BabaIbo: 4:35pm On Aug 12, 2021
SonofGod231:
I nearly die.

Nawa for you bro...

Well, like the common saying "some don't know what they have or value what they have because it came easy."
Anyway, it is your choice and life but on a lighter note, asking for that paper when they are still alive looks awkward and desperate.
Giving you the papers should have been their own freewill(decision), not you asking.

You don't have to be ungrateful bro, you can rent the place out, sell the car and still be grateful to them or silent about it in case you don't want to tell them without making a fuss about it.

You would have understood if you didn't have such privilege.
The best thing you can do to them is make them happy by appreciating their efforts.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help!!! An 'ss' Nairalander Cries Out (disturbing Photos) / Nigerian Woman Welcomes A Set Of Triplets (Photo) / Nude Picture Of A Mum And Daughter Gone Viral And See People's Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.