Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family (18209 Views)

What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? / "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research / “I Can’t Wait For My Parents To Die, So I Can Inherit All” - Guy On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by MufasaLion: 4:37pm On Aug 12, 2021
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by BabaIbo: 4:43pm On Aug 12, 2021
SonofGod231:

How am I ungrateful and why the abuses.
I have heard relatives say my Dad has been saying"He would "will" his properties to charity".
I'm not happy about that.
What have I done rather than hustle but still I am not half as rich as my Dad and Mum.

Appreciate them and focus on your own hustle, if your dad notice your independence and gratefulness, I can assure you, he will have a rethink.

His decision or plan to give it to charity is because of his fear that you will mismanage or misuse it, maybe you liquidate properties alot i.e sell your stuffs alot.

5 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by SonofGod231: 4:44pm On Aug 12, 2021
BabaIbo:

Nawa for you bro...

Well, like the common saying "some don't know what they have or value what they have because it came easy."

You don't have to be ungrateful bro, you can rent the place out, sell the car and still be grateful to them without making a fuss about it.

You would have understood if you didn't have such privilege.
The best thing you can do to them is make them happy by appreciating their efforts.
Thanks for the advice. I think,I expected more and didn't get it.Eversince,I became rebellious.
I wanted to dey my dey,make every body dey their dey.
After all I'm not begging for a job anymore or to feed.
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by shegzy0514(m): 4:45pm On Aug 12, 2021
Android phone of 10k grin

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by eagleeye2: 4:47pm On Aug 12, 2021
SonofGod231:

I am living in a rented apartment presently.
Yes,I have a job of (200K to 235K/month).
We are talking of inheritance here and not something else.
You don't have to explain to anyone. Though asking for papers while they were still alive looks awkward. (African mentality).

3 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by SonofGod231: 4:47pm On Aug 12, 2021
BabaIbo:

Appreciate them and focus on your own hustle, if your dad notice your independence and gratefulness, I can assure you, he will have a rethink.

His decision or plan to give it to charity is because of his fear that you will mismanage or misuse it, maybe you liquidate properties alot i.e sell your stuffs alot.
Oh, thanks for putting it in this picture.
I have long forgot about asking them about anything or property.
I only brought it up because of the topic is part of why I'm having issues with my parents.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by eagleeye2: 4:49pm On Aug 12, 2021
SonofGod231:

Thanks for the advice. I think,I expected more and didn't get it.Eversince,I became rebellious.
You earn a good pay now, so no need at still being rebellious. At the end of the day the property is still yours. So, relax.
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by udoka55555: 4:52pm On Aug 12, 2021
Chuky7:

that's good though but it's not really an inheritance because you always had access to them unlike for example your dads business or a piece of land

Some people don't have any my dear
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by Glamouzpeter(f): 4:56pm On Aug 12, 2021
jimmyolasun:
I inherited .........

Everything Nigeria is showing me today..
Lol
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by Fortez: 5:11pm On Aug 12, 2021
No
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by lalalista: 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2021
Inherit fire
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by fikayormi(m): 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2021
My late mom left me two 3 bedroom flat , two shops , a running pension and gratuity..

5 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by raphy(m): 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2021
My dad didn't left anything for us I am a strong guy I get everything tht I need to survive in this life my late mum raise me n siblings single handed bless her soul ...amen..

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by chukzyfcbb: 5:46pm On Aug 12, 2021
It's one thing to inherit material things,
It's another thing to grow it so they can yield more.

And then you teach your kids how those things came about, so they too can grow it from where the family stopped.

A lot of people get wasteful when handed plenty and start living lavida loca. Few years down the line everything is wasted

Why?
No financial discipline

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by Eyeswideshut1: 5:52pm On Aug 12, 2021
Omo na responsibility we inherit oo

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by spritedmalcomx: 5:55pm On Aug 12, 2021
My parents are very much alive but I no day reason wetin them get instead na me they still give them.

He no easy to be first son I swear

I need deals abeg contact me for the purchase and hire of veseels, tug boats , badges, ships etc 08133761640
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by orumba(m): 6:20pm On Aug 12, 2021
Benz 230. I sold it 35k

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 12, 2021
Yes, my surname

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by orikoku: 6:48pm On Aug 12, 2021
We're 4 in my family, my dad left a plot of land for four of us at igando. Is now a big money now.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by wildikeman(m): 6:50pm On Aug 12, 2021
I inherited their good traits. Even when my father has a chaka Chaka house in the village, he didn't leave it to us o... Na this useless country he leave me put
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by solofresh(m): 7:04pm On Aug 12, 2021
Inheritance for where
Na me dey feed them oo
My father is a very useless man
Sometimes I wonder why God brought me to this family and country at large cry
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by purpleicious(f): 7:58pm On Aug 12, 2021
Yes, landed properties.
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by chiefobdk(m): 8:11pm On Aug 12, 2021
My inheritance is loud
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by lugo99(m): 9:21pm On Aug 12, 2021
only Grace..
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by Lovexme(m): 9:24pm On Aug 12, 2021
I inherited responsibilities.
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by Drizzy5001(m): 6:58am On Aug 13, 2021
Na only my big head with small sense ,wey I inherit o sad

2 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by MusaChukwudi: 7:46am On Aug 13, 2021
DEEBOZZ:
We're three in my family my and my dad left a house for me in Paris France and Abuja, while my other two sibling got 1 house each each in Zurich Switzerland and Los Angeles respectively.
Other things like cars company and all that is been manage by the three of us.

Proceeds of corruption and criminal activities in the Nigerian government! If you disagree tell us your father’s name and what profession or business he was into.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by MusaChukwudi: 7:49am On Aug 13, 2021
fikayormi:
My late mom left me two 3 bedroom flat , two shops , a running pension and gratuity..

Give thanks and prayers to your mum!

3 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by cayorday89(m): 7:51am On Aug 13, 2021
H
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 13, 2021
Chuky7:
Just a few days ago a friend of mines uncle passed away long story short he found out his uncle left him a few assets, some landed properties , a few betting shops in the north and a guest house. It was a really crazy day my guy couldn't stop screaming he was overwhelmed by the joy because a close family lawyer gave us a total valuation of the assets and it was massive I mean eight digits.

So do people of this generation or former still believe in passing down what they owned.
It could be your parents or like my friends case uncle(extended family)
This is a good way to pass wealth on. I mean the US and Europe practice such and just a Google Search you would see thousands of family owned business or assets passed down that ended up becoming massive investments.

So anyone with similar experience or if you know someone who did please share.

cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by Biglogo(m): 11:53am On Aug 13, 2021
SonofGod231:

I have only two elders sisters(all married and far away).
Who will I leave it for?
Abi I still be small pikin ni?
Bro... That house is ur inheritance that was why they didn't had issues with u renting it out. But be careful with ur mindset about ur parents properties and management so that u won't suffer in the future. This must be the greatest fear of ur parents hence they refused to let go of the house documents. Be wise and hard working

I ORACLE OF SPOKEN
Re: Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family by BabaIbo: 6:52pm On Aug 14, 2021
SonofGod231:

That rebellious attitude is more reason your dad said what one of your relatives said.

Learn to make them happy, and make them be glad they hustled to give you a good life.

Sometimes ago, I discussed with my day on challenges of doing business and so on, and he said "shey you are now seeing what I saw back then"
He was referring to moments I requested for tuition fees etc and will be expecting him to give me immediately I asked for the money.

I told him he really tried and God bless him for that, I told him "I love you"
Bro, I could feel the emotions from him from my side, these things/affections matter.

How will you feel if you are the receiving end?
Make them happy abeg, even if it is for you to get your right and not lose it because of arrogance.

Things like this if not well handled may give relatives, strangers etc opportunity to infiltrate later on. Hope you get the point here?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help!!! An 'ss' Nairalander Cries Out (disturbing Photos) / Nigerian Woman Welcomes A Set Of Triplets (Photo) / Can This Generator Pump Water from a borehole Or Power My Medium Size Freezer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.