Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,345 members, 7,850,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:12 PM

Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage (9496 Views)

Anambra South Traditional Rulers Council Give Maduka Royal Blessings (Pictures) / El-Rufai Meets With Northern Traditional Rulers Council (Photos) / President Buhari Receives A Congratulatory Visit From Traditional Rulers Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage by Bekind123: 10:03am On Aug 12, 2021
alabo1:

Read again...This time slowly. They are merely enforcing the Supreme Court Judgement on Female inheritance as well as existing laws on gender equality and inhumane practices.
Thank you so much. You have highlighted it better for those who can't read to understand. Their role is to make sure the law is implemented because they are the closest to the people. Thanks again
Re: Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage by techWriter1: 10:06am On Aug 12, 2021
Obodo ChukwuObodo Chukwu goziri.God god Ndigbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage by gazza07(m): 10:10am On Aug 12, 2021
Good! Hisbah and stupid muric won't like this news grin
Re: Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage by Almaigaa: 10:24am On Aug 12, 2021
JEWELofHELL666:

https://punchng.com/enugu-traditional-rulers-council-outlaws-girl-child-marriage/

This can never be abolished in the EAST. Even yesterday, an underaged Girl was forced into ,arrange by her Parents.

Re: Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 12, 2021
alabo1:

Read again...This time slowly. They are merely enforcing the Supreme Court Judgement on Female inheritance as well as existing laws on gender equality and inhumane practices.

They're not the right people to enforce such rulings. They're constitutionally irrelevant.
Lg councils and house of assemblies or community development forums should be the ones enforcing such rulings.
Re: Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 12, 2021
Zeinymira:
Ibos and Fulanis are in the same boat just that Ibos are pretentious hypocrites

Very correct. Just like Muslims and Christians are in the same boat,just that Christians are more pretentious and hypocritical.

Igbos have the same domineering attitude like Fulanis, infact,the Igbos used to behave the exact way the Fulanis are behaving right now prior to the civil war.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage by Newton85: 10:36am On Aug 12, 2021
Audio outlaw.
Re: Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 12, 2021
Hypocrites, always accusing others of what they practice!
Re: Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage by tobstarizhia(m): 11:09am On Aug 12, 2021
There are no women in that council. I rest my case
Re: Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage by ORIENTATION101: 11:30am On Aug 12, 2021
So what happens to the remaining girl child in other 4 south east states
Are ladies in other 4 south east states going to inherit property fron now on?

Igbos and fulani have too many things in common
Re: Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 11:35am On Aug 12, 2021
focus7:
So this practice exist in Igbo land and they will come here to accuse the northerners for the same. A case of pot calling kettle black.

One thing I have come to learn about the igbos is that whatever they accuse other tribes for are mostly practice by them, hypocrisy runs in their veins.
I'm Igbo and since I was born I've never seen where a lady under 18 years old got married

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage by Ole33: 12:09pm On Aug 12, 2021
Good one
Re: Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage by SamGryffindor: 1:28pm On Aug 12, 2021
I'm not even sure I've seen any Igbo girl less than 20yrs getting married...
PerfectlyPerfect:

I'm Igbo and since I was born I've never seen where a lady under 18 years old got married

1 Like

Re: Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage by officialfoodie: 1:47pm On Aug 12, 2021
This practice is not even prevalent in the whole of Igbo land, it is not like the North who claim rights to children less than 15 and defile them, then chase them away when they come down with VVF. At least, the news is about the practice being abolished, not like some people who fought tooth and nail to ensure that the marriage age for females in their region is 12 and below.
Re: Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage by MYHUBBY: 1:56pm On Aug 12, 2021
Zeinymira:
Ibos and Fulanis are in the same boat just that Ibos are pretentious hypocrites

they share everything in common including bragging and chest beating, just that Igbo make more noise than Fulani

I don't see no different between them, both can kill because of land and money
Re: Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage by officialfoodie: 1:57pm On Aug 12, 2021
[quote author=Almaigaa post=104705427]

This can never be abolished in the EAST. Even yesterday, an underaged Girl was forced into ,arrange by her Parents.[/quote

Stale news...this happened some years ago and an NGO intervened and broke up the marriage. If it were your kin, you'd have had the officials of the NGO beheaded. If you want to lie, lie with sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage by Miosendyin: 2:34pm On Aug 12, 2021
Good. I hope they enforce it bcoz some family go stubborn well well and still no want share property to their daughters.
Re: Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage by Danjikanbauchi: 2:41pm On Aug 12, 2021
Moferere:
Na now dem just dey outlaw this rubbish?
And their people will come here and brag as if civilisation has reached their place since 1900.
Funny people
I wish to witness the day Yoruba traditional rulers will outlaw human sacrifice and skull mining.
Re: Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage by Pinkyposh(f): 3:56pm On Aug 12, 2021
Moferere:
Na now dem just dey outlaw this rubbish?
And their people will come here and brag as if civilisation has reached their place since 1900.
Funny people
As in ehh, they are too primitive for my liking
Re: Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage by caandi: 4:38pm On Aug 12, 2021
Good move small dot nation... I hope our northern brothers will take the cue from here
Re: Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage by Tochj(m): 4:42pm On Aug 12, 2021
focus7:
So this practice exist in Igbo land and they will come here to accuse the northerners for the same. A case of pot calling kettle black.

One thing I have come to learn about the igbos is that whatever they accuse other tribes for are mostly practice by them, hypocrisy runs in their veins.
No child marriage in igboland
What they did is to make it official
But it's still encouraged in the north

1 Like

Re: Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage by yommen: 7:04pm On Aug 12, 2021
Can the very back Hausafulani follow suit? They are actually the ones really involved in the sh.t

(1) (2) (Reply)

Group Carpets Mary Ikoku For Questioning Dan Okeke's Victory At Abia APC Primary / ICPC Probes Corruption Allegations Against Malami / Another Occupy Nigeria Protester Killed In Gasau, Zamfara?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.