Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% (33238 Views)

Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? / Police Ban Use Of Covered Vehicle Number Plate Across Nigeria / Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by NewFolm4(m): 2:10am On Aug 13, 2021
THE Federal Government has commenced the implementation of new rates for vehicle number plates and driving licence across the country.

According to the Joint Tax Board, Nigerians will now pay N18,750 for standard private and commercial number plates against the old rate of N12,500.

Fancy number plate which was N80,000 is now N200,000; motorcycle number plate is N5,000 from N3,000 while articulated number plates (three plates) attract N30,000 from N20,000. For these rates, the minimum increase is 50 per cent.

Out of series number plate has also been revised to N50,000 from N40,000 while government fancy number plate is N20,000 against the former N15,000 rate.

Driving licence (three years) was raised to N10,000 from N6,000, excluding bank charges; licence for five years is N15,000 from N10,000 while motorcycle/tricycle driving licence (three years) goes for N5,000 from N3,000 while the one for five years attracts N8,000 from N5,000.

The decision was taken at the 147th meeting of the JTB, which held in Kaduna on March 25.

A letter by the JTB titled ‘Implementation of the revised rates for vehicles number plates and driver’s licence in Nigeria’, dated July 30, 2021 and signed by the board secretary, Obomeghfe Nana-Aisha, directed various federal and state agencies to commence the implementation of the rates.

Members of the JTB established by section 86 (1) of the Personal Income Tax Act cap. P8 LFN 2004, include the Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service as the chairman of the board; one member from each state and representatives of the Federal Road Safety Commission; Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission; Federal Capital Territory Administration; Federal Ministry of Finance; and Federal Inland Revenue Service.

The letter read, “You may wish to recall that at the 147th meeting of the Joint Tax Board held in Kaduna, Kaduna State on March 25, 2021, the board approved revised rates for the sale of vehicle number plates and driving licence in line with the recommendations of Appraisal and Technical Committee of the JTB.

“In the light of the foregoing, we wish to inform you that the Chairman, JTB, has approved Thursday, August 1, 2021, as the commencement date for the implementation of the new rates.”

Meanwhile, the FRSC Corps Public Education Officer, Bisi Kazeem, has dismissed a report circulating on social media that the agency was behind the hike, noting that the FRSC was not a revenue generating agency.

He also described as incorrect the report that the standard number plate was N55, 000.
https://punchng.com/fg-hikes-vehicle-number-plates-driving-licence-rates-by-50/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by kynbasil01: 2:13am On Aug 13, 2021
cheesy cheesy
What Buharis government cannot destroy does not exist

509 Likes 24 Shares

Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by FarahAideed: 2:14am On Aug 13, 2021
Nigerians will never forget Buhari cheesy

295 Likes 18 Shares

Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by deeptechcool(m): 2:15am On Aug 13, 2021
It's almost GAME OVER for Nigerian masses under Buhari.
2023 looks far but....
We shall overcome this ruthless, heartless and disastrous regime.
Buhari....Nigeria's present NATURAL DISASTER.

230 Likes 13 Shares

Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by Smithkafors(m): 2:25am On Aug 13, 2021
Buhari is a disaster..... Which type of person is this?. No sector is working in the country. Please can anyone point to me any sector that is working. Even Agriculture that was booming is now comatose ......

196 Likes 9 Shares

Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by Shedrack777: 2:28am On Aug 13, 2021
na this hikes wey fg dey do so, na im make ashawo increase their fees from N250 to N750

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by Mjshexy(f): 2:30am On Aug 13, 2021
Why is this govt bent on impoverishing the masses. They have brought nothing but hardship amidst global crisis, it is either satanic taxing or astronomical increase in prices angry

116 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by Shedrack777: 2:38am On Aug 13, 2021
Smithkafors:
Buhari is a disaster..... Which type of person is this?. No sector is working in the country. Please can anyone point to me any sector that is working. Even Agriculture that was booming is now comatose ......
so you want to tell me that banditery sector that's working with full force you didn't know. or you deaf or blind to notice it? or didn't you know that banditery is part of the government sector in nigeria?

178 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by Validated: 2:38am On Aug 13, 2021
Buhari and his clueless APC bunch have finally crashed Nigeria economy and no country or institution is willing to advxnce us loan again. 4th recession is loading. By September, 2022 it will be clear. Nigerians will be begging on the streets and will start facing the politicians. Endsars would be a child's play. Oil revenue will not be enough to service loans interest talkless of paying salaries. Now it is tollgate, plate number, gas tax, borehole tax, generator tax, even air is coming up. You asked for it, now you got what you wanted. APC next level!
What a disaster of a regime?

129 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by Freestainworld(m): 3:12am On Aug 13, 2021
I wonder how APC presidential campaign will look like before the next election, what will they tell Nigerians they achieved in the past grin, but I know rigging is very dear to them.

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by EKONGKING: 3:37am On Aug 13, 2021
Good ,Nigerians should receive sense by force

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by Capitalpunisher: 4:35am On Aug 13, 2021
kynbasil01:
cheesy cheesy
na waoo but I don't think he can destroy Biafra

8 Likes

Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by Akwaibomdude(m): 4:39am On Aug 13, 2021
E b things,FG at it again

3 Likes

Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by Holyman3(m): 4:55am On Aug 13, 2021
Animals
Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by souldeep(m): 5:01am On Aug 13, 2021
Surprisingly, they might still secure some real votes from some Nigerians that will give them victory. We are just lamenting, not ready to make a difference. Even who govt. give mosquito net to share for ur area, enter he house make u see how many him keep.
Freestainworld:
I wonder how APC presidential campaign will look like before the next election, what will they tell Nigerians they achieved in the past grin, but I know rigging is very dear to them.

15 Likes

Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by chloride6: 5:06am On Aug 13, 2021
PattyBF

Na true ooh
Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by Dospix(m): 5:06am On Aug 13, 2021
kynbasil01:
cheesy cheesy
The evil that Buhari's government cannot do does not exist.

14 Likes

Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by buymyride: 5:08am On Aug 13, 2021
Mad ooo
Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by Salem69: 5:09am On Aug 13, 2021
Buhari scrambling to generate revenue to pay off his debt

6 Likes

Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by labisibrass(m): 5:11am On Aug 13, 2021
Local Man is short of words

4 Likes

Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:13am On Aug 13, 2021
One chance

These increments defy reasoning.

Salary not increased, no job for the poor.

One gets far less things to the salary of 2015.

Funny enuf, an ardent Buhari supporter, his brothers and beneficiaries will blame igbo and southerners for rise in commodity price.

I was at a place where a learned northern was blaming southerner for increase in price of goods.

I asked how about the policies of this government, he begin to rant, I kept quiet oo, so dat innocent souls wont be maim.

I strongly feel PMB is not aware of the issues on ground. He is a person who sympathize with the poor, we wont watch as our earning go valueless

5 Likes

Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by Sike(m): 5:15am On Aug 13, 2021
This Government will not kill Us.

5 Likes

Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by princepee: 5:18am On Aug 13, 2021
Hike this and that,
That's what this government is very good at.
Over tax the people and most of the money will still find it's way into private pockets.
I give up on this country.
2023 please come quickly.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by nautybride: 5:18am On Aug 13, 2021
Wahala no dey finish for this country.
The average masses are feeling more heat. To use vehicle now dey add more palava to the ones on ground.

7 Likes

Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by ecolime(m): 5:20am On Aug 13, 2021
Sike:
This Government will not kill Us.
Buhari will not kill us

6 Likes

Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by nautybride: 5:20am On Aug 13, 2021
OrdinaryNigeria:
One chance
I tell you. Na real one chance we enter.

9 Likes

Re: FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% by Emeka71(m): 5:21am On Aug 13, 2021
That one is thier own cup of tea.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. / Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. / Man Fined For Strapping Car To A Hot Air Balloon & Flying It 98ft Over The City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.