Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,355 members, 7,860,937 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:24 PM

Salvation Is By Grace Through Faith In Christ And Not By Works. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Salvation Is By Grace Through Faith In Christ And Not By Works. (377 Views)

Salvation Is Free / Holy Names In Celestial Church Of Christ And Their Uses In Psalms / Saved By Grace But Preserved By Works. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salvation Is By Grace Through Faith In Christ And Not By Works. by livingchrist: 3:59pm On Aug 13, 2021
Yes this is the gospel, it is why it is called the good news.
Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Salvation is faith in the Jesus and his redemptive works plus nothing.

There is an on going onslaught against the simplicity of the gospel

2 Corinthians 11:3
But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

The gospel is not tedious nor confusing it is easy.

Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

The serpent seeks to lead the Christian away from faith by questioning their foundation his intention is to make them believe that Christ is not sufficient but look at what paul said
1 Corinthians 2:2
For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Paul rebuked the galatian Christian for foolishly thinking that faith in Christ was not enough but needed to do the law in order to be perfect.

Galatians 3:1-3 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
Obviously some false brethren has crept in like serpent with a different gospel since they spies of the liberty Christians had in christ.

Galatians 2:4
And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

Galatians 2:4
And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

Galatians 5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Therefore a Christian must guide against enslavement to bondage.

Many times the Christian are told to be wary and stand in the faith whereby they have being called, every christian should be alert putting on the whole amour of God against the wiles of the devil. His intent is to rubbish the gospel and make it of no effect therefore we must be wise and be ready for battle for our faith.
Re: Salvation Is By Grace Through Faith In Christ And Not By Works. by livingchrist: 4:15pm On Aug 13, 2021
These are turbulent times, there is a battle raging against christianity all over the world, many pretenders and liars, they twist the the scriptures to their own damnation.
Re: Salvation Is By Grace Through Faith In Christ And Not By Works. by GardenOfGod(m): 4:23pm On Aug 13, 2021
Interesting....
Christ has paid the full price for my salvation therefore I have nothing to worry about. Provided that I have believed in his redemptive power.
Re: Salvation Is By Grace Through Faith In Christ And Not By Works. by livingchrist: 4:57pm On Aug 13, 2021
GardenOfGod:
Interesting....
Christ has paid the full price for my salvation therefore I have nothing to worry about. Provided that I have believed in his redemptive power.
Yes only if you trust in him as your Lord and saviour would this be true for you for the blood only atones for those who would believe on him as a redeemer from sin and redeemer to the end.
Re: Salvation Is By Grace Through Faith In Christ And Not By Works. by GardenOfGod(m): 6:40pm On Aug 13, 2021
OK.
So I don't have any work to do just believe in Jesus.
Re: Salvation Is By Grace Through Faith In Christ And Not By Works. by livingchrist: 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2021
GardenOfGod:
OK.
So I don't have any work to do just believe in Jesus.
absolutely
Re: Salvation Is By Grace Through Faith In Christ And Not By Works. by GardenOfGod(m): 9:54pm On Aug 13, 2021
livingchrist:
absolutely
What about 2 Peter 1:3-10?
Re: Salvation Is By Grace Through Faith In Christ And Not By Works. by livingchrist: 10:23pm On Aug 13, 2021
GardenOfGod:

What about 2 Peter 1:3-10?
what about it?
Re: Salvation Is By Grace Through Faith In Christ And Not By Works. by GardenOfGod(m): 10:43pm On Aug 13, 2021
livingchrist:
what about it?
Read it out and explain what it means
Re: Salvation Is By Grace Through Faith In Christ And Not By Works. by livingchrist: 10:45pm On Aug 13, 2021
GardenOfGod:

Read it out and explain what it means
If I read it out you wont hear so you paste it here.
Re: Salvation Is By Grace Through Faith In Christ And Not By Works. by GardenOfGod(m): 10:55pm On Aug 13, 2021
livingchrist:

If I read it out you wont hear so you paste it here.
Paste it yourself
Re: Salvation Is By Grace Through Faith In Christ And Not By Works. by livingchrist: 3:18pm On Sep 13, 2021
This is the gospel

(1) (Reply)

Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This / Son Of Man, Think Of Your Life / What Did God Says About Betting/gambling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.