Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,193 members, 7,860,273 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:44 AM

Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal (29807 Views)

Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG / Again, FG Invites NLC To Another Meeting Today / FG Rejects Governors’ N22,500 Minimum Wage Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by ayenale1(m): 11:35am On Aug 14, 2021
Fourwinds:

Please can you explain how someone earning #30000 will survive such increase in fuel prices...
It might not be easy or convenient at first but prices will drop in the long run...didn't people bought sim cards for 30k the last time i checked no call centers like it used to be ...how much is sim cards today, government only needs to put modalities in place so that the masses won't feel the heat but people go trek o...

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 14, 2021
Fourwinds:

Please can you explain how someone earning #30000 will survive such increase in fuel prices...

Please can you explain how someone selling at a loss can run his or her business profitably?

Please can you explain how we can survive the debts we incur from subsidising fuel

If you can answer the two questions, I'll answer yours.

Good morning
Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by Sunnydays: 11:41am On Aug 14, 2021
skyler11:

This is a propaganda article for blame-shifting.

Buhari is the person who said he doesn't know what subsidy is.
He is the minister of Petroleum.
His ministry said they're are removing fuel subsidy (announced several times).
After removal of subsidy, the prices shoot up. It might even reach 1000 naira per liter depending on dollar.

You are talking rubbish. If Buhari wanted subsidy removed it would have been removed

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by Comedian2019: 11:54am On Aug 14, 2021
Make it 2k per litre. Nigerians will still pay. In fact, they will still vote for APCheats come 2023.
Most of them have sworn to be unfortunate in their miserable lives.

I have finally given up on the p0o hole.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by Fourwinds: 11:59am On Aug 14, 2021
ayenale1:

It might not be easy or convenient at first but prices will drop in the long run...didn't people bought sim cards for 30k the last time i checked no call centers like it used to be ...how much is sim cards today, government only needs to put modalities in place so that the masses won't feel the heat but people go trek o...

Please, since the closure of boarders, how much is a bag of local rice?why has the price not dropped after 3years

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by Fourwinds: 12:05pm On Aug 14, 2021
Beancounter94:

Please can you explain how someone selling at a loss can run his or her business profitably?

Please can you explain how we can survive the debts we incur from subsidising fuel

Good morning

The people of Nigeria owes Nigeria ,so their country shouldn't be thinking of making a profit out of them at all cost...and by the way , who says government is not making profit out of Nigerians.. Nigerians pay tax, import duty, bills on moribund electricity supply(a scam for now), in fact FCT is intending introducing payment on generator use...

You cannot tell me the government is not benefiting from Nigerians yet what has the government given to its citizens
Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by webizone(m): 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2021
COdeGenesis:
These our leaders are evil and selfish people. They have no regards for the masses.

Their policies make the poor poorer. What's in this country for a common man? When prices of fuel increases this guys will get fuel for free, everything they consume is paid by the masses that is why they can make decisions without considering the effect on the common man.

They will increase the price of fuel and still embezzle it. If I use mistake become President for this country, I will make sure I kill all of them.

My only anger is with the south south region. Nigeria solely lives on the proceeds of Oil from south south yet we are still living in abject poverty. LAst Last the south south would have fought for independence. How can we be this stupid?

Guy, me too am surprised about how south south people are so relaxed in the agitation and even fighting against people that are leading the fight for freedom.
My biggest concern about Nigeria is for the insecurity and islamisation agenda.
If not, I think if the people in "south south" like how they are, it may not be bad if people take advantage of their resources and pay them what they need, which is less.
But if they want to take full control, it is their right but they must step up.
Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by webizone(m): 12:07pm On Aug 14, 2021
Comedian2019:
Make it 2k per litre. Nigerians will still pay. In fact, they will still vote for APCheats come 2023.
Most of them have sworn to be unfortunate in their miserable lives.

I have finally given up on the p0o hole.

Abi o. Nigerians really know how to "survive".
Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by webizone(m): 12:09pm On Aug 14, 2021
Beancounter94:

Good morning

Lol. As a bad business person that creates an artificial loss for yourself wey u be.
Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 14, 2021
webizone:

Lol. As a bad business person that creates an artificial loss for yourself wey u be.

Which is what has been happening for our petroleum sector.

And which is why we dont have functioning refineries.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 14, 2021
Fourwinds:

The people of Nigeria owes Nigeria ,so their country shouldn't be thinking of making a profit out of them at all cost...and by the way , who says government is not making profit out of Nigerians.. Nigerians pay tax, import duty, bills on moribund electricity supply(a scam for now), in fact FCT is intending introducing payment on generator use...

You cannot tell me the government is not benefiting from Nigerians yet what has the government given to its citizens

Good.

So if I was the president of Nigeria and you were selling rice at 50000 a 50kg bag which you bought at 35000 a bag. I have the right to set your price at N10000 a bag, so that you lose 25000 per bag sold

Because you too should not make a profit at the expense of Nigerians.

But don't worry. I'll pay you a subsidy that costs 5000 naira per bag sold so that your loss would just be 20000 naira.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by webizone(m): 12:28pm On Aug 14, 2021
Beancounter94:

Which is what has been happening for our petroleum sector.

And which is why we dont have functioning refineries.

Exactly. So u see? The person you quoted asked a legit question. But don't shut him up. You and I both know, Nigerian leaders create problems then punish the people as a solution to the problems.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by jimtemi1: 12:29pm On Aug 14, 2021
Monogamy:
So na the governors that have been demanding for the increase in price fuel?

What's their interest in increasing the fuel price?
yes,there gain is to smile to the �
Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 14, 2021
webizone:

Exactly. So u see? The person you quoted asked a legit question. But don't shut him up. You and I both know, Nigerian leaders create problems then punish the people as a solution to the problems.

Removing the subsidy will long term solve a lot of problems

In job creation and revenue generation.

Might even reduce our debt.

But most Nigerians want to buy fuel at 40 naira a liter. Forgetting that at the end of the day it costs far more than 180 naira to refine one liter of fuel.

This has nothing to do with governments past and present. If we had removed the subsidy since 1993 by now we would have been exporting fuel in bulk and saving millions. And all our refineries would have been working. And there would have been nothing like subsidy scam and looting via subsidy

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by webizone(m): 12:41pm On Aug 14, 2021
Beancounter94:

But most Nigerians want to buy fuel at 40 naira a liter. Forgetting that at the end of the day it costs far more than 180 naira to refine one liter of fuel.

This has nothing to do with governments past and present. If we had removed the subsidy since 1993 by now we would have been exporting fuel in bulk and saving millions. And all our refineries would have been working. And there would have been nothing like subsidy scam and looting via subsidy

Good. But that's a textbook scenario. Very idealist. But reality? Nigerians were told by this government (present administration) that subsidy had been removed, only for it to be removed again and again. It seems like a ploy, which is getting old by the way, to keep increasing fuel prices.
Other policies enacted by this administration is always, "give me more, give me more" yet NOTHING has improved. It just gets worse and worse. Do you think it would be easy for the people to trust them this time?
Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 14, 2021
webizone:

Good. But that's a textbook scenario. Very idealist. But reality? Nigerians were told by this government (present administration) that subsidy had been removed, only for it to be removed again and again. It seems like a ploy, which is getting old by the way, to keep increasing fuel prices.
Other policies enacted by this administration is always, "give me more, give me more" yet NOTHING has improved. It just gets worse and worse. Do you think it would be easy for the people to trust them this time?

So long as government is controlling the price of fuel there is a subsidy.

Also the economy is bad because we are a resource dependent economy. When the price of what we sell goes down below sustenance level our economy goes down too. We have to take loans and pay more taxes to meet the deficit.(and even then we ain't paying enough in taxes)

Our leaders know that but won't take the measures to get us out of this mess because it involves extremely hard choices that would make them lose face. And power

Like removing fuel subsidy and allowing the market not the governemt control the price so that we can have a lot of profit to build as many refinreis as we want.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by Fourwinds: 12:54pm On Aug 14, 2021
Beancounter94:

Good.

So if I was the president of Nigeria and you were selling rice at 50000 a 50kg bag which you bought at 35000 a bag. I have the right to set your price at N10000 a bag, so that you lose 25000 per bag sold

Because you too should not make a profit at the expense of Nigerians.

But don't worry. I'll pay you a subsidy that costs 5000 naira per bag sold so that your loss would just be 20000 naira.
look ,government has a refineries... It is the stupidity of present and past leaders as a result of the kleptomaniac corruption that led to this situation.. So should you blame the Nigerians over their incompetence?

Use your head well...the Nigeria government has institutions like EFFC , ICPC, instead of using them to save guide the interest of Nigerians, they use it the witch hunt their perceived enemies... Nonsense everywhere
Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by webizone(m): 12:55pm On Aug 14, 2021
Beancounter94:

So long as government is controlling the price of fuel there is a subsidy.

Also the economy is bad because we are a resource dependent economy. When the price of what we sell goes down below sustenance level our economy goes down too. We have to take loans and pay more taxes to meet the deficit.(and even then we ain't paying enough in taxes)

Our leaders know that but won't take the measures to get us out of this mess because it involves extremely hard choices that would make them lose face. And power

Like removing fuel subsidy and allowing the market not the governemt control the price so that we can have a lot of profit to build as many refinreis as we want.

Right. The government should better make the right choice or some day the choice will be made for them. Seems like they prefer the latter.
Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 14, 2021
Fourwinds:
look ,government has a refineries... It is the stupidity of present and past leaders as a result of the kleptomaniac corruption that led to this situation.. So should you blame the Nigerians over their incompetence?

Use your head well...the Nigeria government has institutions like EFFC , ICPC, instead of using them to save guide the interest of Nigerians, they use it the witch hunt their perceived enemies... Nonsense everywhere

And the refinreis are not working because for decades they were selling the products like fuel and kerosene below the cost of production

Meaning they lost money and thus could not fund their upkeep adequately.

Even if they fix the refinereis now they have to earn enough of a profit to fund their repairs and to also fund upgrades and also build new refinereis too.

Which is why subsidy has to go
Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by Okoroawusa: 1:35pm On Aug 14, 2021
Buhari is gradually building the Nigeria of my dreams. A Nigeria where fuel subsidy will be a thing of the past and be sold at market determined price. A Nigeria where refineries will work optimally.

I am ready to suffer now so that my children will enjoy a better Nigeria.

I Love PMB
Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by Okoroawusa: 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2021
Beancounter94:

You are highly intelligent.

We are now doing what we should have done 30 years ago. Things like subsidy removal and building of infrastructure.

Subsidy removal is a very hard decision to make for any government but it must be made for Nigeria to move forward.
Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by zoedew: 1:54pm On Aug 14, 2021
Kites flying!
Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by Fourwinds: 1:57pm On Aug 14, 2021
Beancounter94:

And the refinreis are not working because for decades they were selling the products like fuel and kerosene below the cost of production

Meaning they lost money and thus could not fund their upkeep adequately.

Even if they fix the refinereis now they have to earn enough of a profit to fund their repairs and to also fund upgrades and also build new refinereis too.

Which is why subsidy has to go
Oga, it is government incompetence that brought us to this level not subsidies... Do you know the government wants to sell crude oil to Nigerian refineries in dollars? Who does that..our official currency is naira.. It is a ploy to still scam Nigerians...
Indigenous local content should have helped out...the useless leaders refused to train Nigerians on oil exploration. That is why when you fail to plan ,you plan to fail.
Don't punish Nigerians because of the kleptomaniac nature of our politicians and leaders..all of them stink

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by Fourwinds: 2:00pm On Aug 14, 2021
Okoroawusa:
Buhari is gradually building the Nigeria of my dreams. A Nigeria where fuel subsidy will be a thing of the past and be sold at market determined price. A Nigeria where refineries will work optimally.

I am ready to suffer now so that my children will enjoy a better Nigeria.

I Love PMB

Oga, it is government incompetence that brought us to this level not subsidies... Do you know the government wants to sell crude oil to Nigerian refineries in dollars? Who does that..our official currency is naira.. It is a ploy to still scam Nigerians...
Indigenous local content should have helped out...the useless leaders refused to train Nigerians on oil exploration. That is why when you fail to plan ,you plan to fail.
Don't punish Nigerians because of the kleptomaniac nature of our politicians and leaders..all of them stink
Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2021
Fourwinds:

Oga, it is government incompetence that brought us to this level not subsidies

Yes, and I just outlined to you how the incomeptence worked out.

Price controls are a nice way of wrecking your economy long term

.. Do you know the government wants to sell crude oil to Nigerian refineries in dollars? Who does that..our official currency is naira.. It is a ploy to still scam Nigerians...

Well....last I heard, government would/will be selling crude to Dangote in naira.([url=https://www.proshareng.com/news/Oil%20&%20Gas/PIB--Dangote-Refinery--Others-to-Buy-Crude-in-Naira/58001]See here[/url])

Plus, whether naira or dollars, if you sell fuel at a price below the cost of refining it...you don't make a profit to fix and upgrade your refinereis. and build new ones.

And the petroleum training institute in Delta state, as well as the various training by many an oil company, and the fact that Nigerians have been involved in oil exploration from the ground to Nigerians owning oil exploration companies......

Well, I can type this from my house because Obasanjo allowed MTN, Econet (now Airtel ) and glo to exploit Nigerians well well. All our IT infrastructure was made possible by allowing these companies make enough of a profit to justify investing in Nigeria.

Meanwhile the kelptomanina you speak of is what made us spend 6 trillion naira in 5 years, so that you guys could enjoy cheap fuel...at the expense of more debt and our froeign reserve...before Buhari came into office to spend more...we are now spending over a trillion a year on subsides.

At some point it has to stop.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by Anwons(m): 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2021
The game continues...... FG and governors have agreed at a price already. All this movies is to buy time pending when they want to finally effect the increment.
Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by Fourwinds: 6:18pm On Aug 14, 2021
Beancounter94:

Yes, and I just outlined to you how the incomeptence worked out.

Price controls are a nice way of wrecking your economy long term

Well....last I heard, government would/will be selling crude to Dangote in naira.([url=https://www.proshareng.com/news/Oil%20&%20Gas/PIB--Dangote-Refinery--Others-to-Buy-Crude-in-Naira/58001]See here[/url])

Plus, whether naira or dollars, if you sell fuel at a price below the cost of refining it...you don't make a profit to fix and upgrade your refinereis. and build new ones.

And the petroleum training institute in Delta state, as well as the various training by many an oil company, and the fact that Nigerians have been involved in oil exploration from the ground to Nigerians owning oil exploration companies......

Well, I can type this from my house because Obasanjo allowed MTN, Econet (now Airtel ) and glo to exploit Nigerians well well. All our IT infrastructure was made possible by allowing these companies make enough of a profit to justify investing in Nigeria.

Meanwhile the kelptomanina you speak of is what made us spend 6 trillion naira in 5 years, so that you guys could enjoy cheap fuel...at the expense of more debt and our froeign reserve...before Buhari came into office to spend more...we are now spending over a trillion a year on subsides.

At some point it has to stop.
if people don't live at an affordable prices, don't expect crime escalating to abate...you don't expect a hungry man to smile as simple
Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by starz100: 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2021
Rubbish economics. Even if the FG increases fuel to N500, this will cause so much money in the hand of government and leave the workers more impoverished. It will only be a matter of few months before prices of other goods and services catch up with the prevailing price increase. That an equilibrium of price will be reach in no time is no brainer. The result is that, workers are going to demand for a new minimum wage of say, N100.
If the government can raise fuel price by 200%,why won't civil servants also ask for an increase.
Like this like this before 2023 a newspaper will price more than a newspaper made of the Nigerian currency
Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by otokx(m): 6:32pm On Aug 14, 2021
They should keep proposing but remember power pass power.
Re: Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2021
Fourwinds:
if people don't live at an affordable prices, don't expect crime escalating to abate...you don't expect a hungry man to smile as simple

Meanwhile to keep petrol prices cheaper, we have spent, and are spending trillions of naira to keep prices low.

But at some point, you cannot import fuel above N260, sell it at N162, OR REFINE fuel at N188, sell it at N162, and pay a subsidy that does not cover the costs or guarantee a profit...meaning that you cannot have good refinereis, and the ones you have go bad because not enough profit is being made to fix them.

Lord knows I used to think like you do now years ago...until I did my reading and saw how the subsidy regimen is affecting our economy and our petroleum industry. To the point that we are selling subsidsed fuel to other African countries...at our expense.

At the end of the day, it is either we get working refineries in return for a brief period of price increases, so that enough cash can be made to fix years of forced losses....or we keep on accumulating debt in the name of subsidy.

Good even.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Fayemi, El-rufai Are Attending WEF Despite Fg’s Boycott – Onyeama / No First Lady Has Been Harassed Like Me, Says Patience Jonathan / More Pictures From Pdp Rally In Bayelsa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.