Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,364 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death (35887 Views)

How Retired Commodore Kunle Olawunmi Was Denied Promotion By Navy Board / Anambra State Hosts Gospel Worship " Expression1" By Commissioner, Bonaventure / Ex-commissioner Escapes Assassination, Husband’s Fingers Chopped Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by uduokirika1(m): 10:23am On Aug 16, 2021
Enemali, Anambra Commissioner for Lands escapes death, as Naval officer allegedly shoots at him

The Commissioner for Lands, Physical Planning and Rural Development, Anambra State, Mr. Bonaventure Enemali was on Sunday shot at Awkuzu junction, Anambra State by men alleged to be Navy officers.

Daily Sun learnt that Enemali was stopped at their checkpoint by one of the officers, who later allowed him to move on, but as he drove off; his vehicle was shot at by another officer.

It could not be confirmed if Enemali sustained gunshot wounds but the bullet pierced the vehicle’s back windscreen and exited from the front. Enemali who hails from Anambra West Local Government Area of the State, is the founder of Expression 1 Awka.

Reacting to the news, Professor of Governance and Comparative Politics, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Jaja Nwanegbo said: “The young man was just saved by God because the shot was actually meant to kill him.

“The bullet entered through the back, perforated the front passenger seat and went out through the windscreen; time to stop that madness.”

JP Udoba, an indigene of Anambra West LGA, said, “Thank God for saving his life in this clear assassination attempt. Is this really from the Nigeria Navy?”

When contacted, Enemali told Daily Sun, “I will speak at the appropriate time.” Also Personal Assistant to Enemali, in the media, Sebastian Okoye, said he was not authorized to speak on the matter yet, but confirmed that the Commissioner was shot.

At the time of going to press, there has not been an official reaction from the Anambra State Government. Anambra State Police Public Relations Officer(PPRO) Mr Ikenganyia Tochukwu Anthony said: “I am receiving this as information from you. I don’t have any information on this, please.”

A Navy source, in a telephone call, told Daily Sun that the Commissioner told him about the incident. “He called me and I apologized to him.

Though, he said, he was approaching the checkpoint at high speed when they were flagging him to stop. It is wrong to approach a checkpoint on speed, especially when they were attacked by hoodlums last time.

The shot was not actually directed at him. It was a warning shot and I am not sure it touched his vehicles. I have, however, spoken to the officers to be extra careful next time.”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/anambra-commissioner-for-lands-escapes-death/

Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by mrvitalis(m): 10:23am On Aug 16, 2021
Finally ...now when igbos talk people would believe

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by uduokirika1(m): 10:26am On Aug 16, 2021
It is getting down and those who were quiet while innocent citizens were victims are gradually getting the heats

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by uduokirika1(m): 10:28am On Aug 16, 2021
kestolove95:
no b only igbos dey dis country abeg. everyday bad bad news from that region both home and away doing drugs...

Confirm the unprofessional acts of your security operatives and stop being a hypocrite

175 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by ayzTIGER: 10:28am On Aug 16, 2021
Had they succeeded in killing this commissioner the police will quickly point IPOB. These federal security forces in South East are nothing but terrorists and jihadists

246 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by uduokirika1(m): 10:33am On Aug 16, 2021
Lalasticlala these navy SNAKES python dancers are at it again ooh

Bia me Ife a k'oyie Ife na front

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:34am On Aug 16, 2021
kestolove95:
no b only igbos dey dis country abeg. everyday bad bad news from that region both home and away doing drugs...
I don't wanna sound insultive nor disrespectful, but, please how do you manage to inter-balance stupidity and foolishness all the time?

172 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by Elzazzi: 10:38am On Aug 16, 2021
Going by this story, what are Naval officials doing on the road in the first place ??. Are they not supposed to be guarding our waterways and Oil facilities against pirates ??.

119 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:43am On Aug 16, 2021
ayzTIGER:
Had they succeeded in killing this commissioner the police will quickly point IPOB. These federal security forces in South East are nothing but terrorists and jihadists
I always tell my friends to be mindful of how they wear black dresses these days because the federal security forces in the Southeast are on a mission best known to them. That was how they killed one guy at news parts flyover at Nkpor late in the evening about 2months ago because he was wearing black on black, he was shot in the head and they drove off thinking people didn't see them.

Like this, I no dey go out once it's 6:30-7pm these days, dead men don't count

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by yanabasee2: 10:56am On Aug 16, 2021
kestolove95:

You're better than this..

1 Like

Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by duro4chang(m): 11:00am On Aug 16, 2021
kestolove95:
What of the bad news from the north? That one is even worse

12 Likes

Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by AntiBeEmCe(m): 11:13am On Aug 16, 2021
That's what happens when"repentant" Bokoharam is enlisted in the Army or Navy. Imagine how many people they have killed like this in the East. Many go unreported.

He should go nd thank his stars. He might not be so lucky next time. He's probably part of the southern ppl in govt fighting ipob... because of what they are getting from one Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 16, 2021
That's why we said no more check points

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by FarahAideed: 11:22am On Aug 16, 2021
Even with govt plate number clearly showing he was shot at

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by Madmohamed1: 11:55am On Aug 16, 2021
uduokirika1:

[/b]Enemali, Anambra Commissioner for Lands escapes death[b]

The Commissioner for Lands, Physical Planning and Rural Development, Anambra State, Mr. Bonaventure Enemali was on Sunday shot at Awkuzu junction, Anambra State by men alleged to be Navy officers.

Daily Sun learnt that Enemali was stopped at their checkpoint by one of the officers, who later allowed him to move on, but as he drove off; his vehicle was shot at by another officer. It could not be confirmed if Enemali sustained gunshot wounds but the bullet pierced the vehicle’s back windscreen and exited from the front.

Enemali who hails from Anambra West Local Government Area of the State, was born on June 21, 1984. He is the founder of Expression 1 Awka. From 2018 to 2019, he served as the Commissioner for Youth Empowerment and Creative Economy.

Reacting to the news, Professor of Governance and Comparative Politics, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Jaja Nwanegbo said, “The young man was just saved by God because the shot was actually meant to kill him. The bullet entered through the back, perforated the front passenger seat and went out through the windscreen; time to stop that madness.”

JP Udoba, an indigene of Anambra West LGA, said, “Thank God for saving his life in this clear assassination attempt. Is this really from the Nigeria Navy?”

When contacted, Enemali told Daily Sun, “I will speak at the appropriate time.” Also Personal Assistant to the Enemali, in the media, Sebastian Okoye said he was not authorized to speak on the matter yet, but confirmed that the Commissioner was shot.

At the time of going to press, there has not been an official reaction from Anambra State Government or the Navy and the Police Public Relations Officer, Anambra State, Ikenganyia Tochukwu Anthony did not pick calls to his phone.

https://www.operanewsapp.com/ng/en/share/detail?news_id=05f1869f41fa1e5b65e5cf74d977faf2&news_entry_id=1371ca6f210815en_ng&open_type=transcoded&from=news&request_id=share_request
this is UGM we are talking about

2 Likes

Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by moriss33(m): 12:20pm On Aug 16, 2021
& they sell to ur relatives & obviously you...
kestolove95:
Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by obyrich(m): 12:25pm On Aug 16, 2021
Elzazzi:
Going by this story, what are Naval officials doing on the road in the first place ??. Are they not supposed to be guarding our waterways and Oil facilities against pirates ??.
I think I read something like this last week about this same navy check point at Awkuzu where it was alleged they shot 3 brothers, killed one and left 2 with bullet injuries.
The state government should as a matter of urgency investigate those at the check point before they create chaos in the state.

Who knows the next victim?

6 Likes

Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by Elzazzi: 12:27pm On Aug 16, 2021
obyrich:
I think I read something like this last week about this same navy check point at Awkuzu where it was alleged they shot 3 brothers, killed one and left 2 with bullet injuries.
The state government should as a matter of urgency investigate those at the check point before they create chaos in the state.

Who knows the next victim?

I blame our southern political leaders for keeping quiet because of their own selfish interests.

4 Likes

Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by Dymaco(m): 12:29pm On Aug 16, 2021
They think they are safe

3 Likes

Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by Fahdiga(m): 12:29pm On Aug 16, 2021
I've been vindicated. Now everyone can see it is federal government forces that are committing the carnage in the east and blaming it on UGM

22 Likes

Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by CrownOfClay724: 1:38pm On Aug 16, 2021
Ibos need ESN more than they think they do.

That land is fuckingg under siege.

3 Likes

Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by TalkTalkTwins(m): 1:43pm On Aug 16, 2021
Navy?

On the road?

What am I getting wrong?

Assuming the mission was successful, we'd have heard the news of how alleged ESN members shot an Anambra commissioner...SMH!

4 Likes

Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by Ancecoker(m): 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2021
cheesy
Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by free2ryhme: 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2021
uduokirika1:
Enemali, Anambra Commissioner for Lands escapes death, as Naval officer allegedly shoots at him

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/anambra-commissioner-for-lands-escapes-death/

Na so omo boy for turn maggot food shocked

Omo x infinity shocked
Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by Ancecoker(m): 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2021
smiley
Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by Dikaveli(m): 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2021
Is that so
Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by weighanchor: 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2021
Insecurity
Re: Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2021
It could not be confirmed if Enemali sustained gunshot wounds but the bullet pierced the vehicle’s back windscreen and exited from the front
Wow! shocked shocked
This is God @ work!
We thank God for his life.

The officers should be arrested and interrogated immediately.

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Road Construction In The South-East Financed By Sukuk (Photo) / Buhari Wins Nasarawa State. / Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.