Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) (72106 Views)

Isn't This Too Much For A 4year Old. / Teacher Brutalizes Nursery 1 Pupill Over Assignment / See Assignment Given To A Primary 1 Pupil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by Marayola(f): 5:02pm On Aug 18, 2021
mission08:
Do you really need to display that report card with all the details? The write up alone should suffice I think....

Like others have said, you choose the school you can afford to pay comfortably. There is no need to put yourself under undue pressure.

Hmmm....this life is not balance! Just today someone told me the cost of paying for her sons (2 boys) transportation alone via school bus is 120k. They no fit lap

It is well. E go better
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by megareal: 5:03pm On Aug 18, 2021
The fees is cheap sef. undecided
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by AdaAwka1: 5:08pm On Aug 18, 2021
Infact we are currently protesting on my kid's school WhatsApp forum. Pry 4 and 5 are to pay 60k each while my nur 2 and pry 3 55k. Anyway me I will not change their school cos I love the school, but I will be paying small small. I no fit shout, since they dont want be considerate. And it's a church school for that matter, one of the biggest churches in Nigeria now.If I have 10k today I will go and pay at least by the end of the session I would have finished paying for all 3.

1 Like

Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by AdaAwka1: 5:10pm On Aug 18, 2021
Slimslimqq:
My kid just was just promoted to nursery 1. initially he was in play group and his school fee was 25k which I pay almost thrice before the term ends, and I was still complaining that the fee is too much for such class.

But now, he's been promoted to nursery 1 and the school fee is almost double the former fee(40k).
How many times will I pay this one bayi? (Maybe 10 times) embarassed

I have been thinking, isn't this wickedness, how would u be expecting 40k for a nursery 1 pupil per term.

Abi its poverty thats making me think like that, or maybe its normal.

Note that, this school is the most affordable in my vicinity. Just a 3 mins walk from my house.

I'm thinking of looking for another school maybe still faraway a bit, but the school fee isn't high, I don't mind taking my time daily to take him to such school.

Remember that if you go too far you might have to spend a lot on transport. If you can, let the school know u will pay in instalments. Times are hard and schools ain't even helping, it's not as if they will even increase teacher's salaries.
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by scally11: 5:11pm On Aug 18, 2021
Uyi168:
I know. That's a term. Let's say there are 20 pupil in a class, 20*40000=800000.

800000 being realized from a nursery 1 class is no small money.
Mr Nursery class hardly have more than 15. If your child is in a class of 20 then you are sitting on a timebomb. There will be series of accident weekin week out.
@op, I have taught in a school with tution of 86k for nursery one. It is one of the cheapest but standard school in fagba. Don't want to mention name. That money is decent but make God no shame us
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by Uyi168: 5:15pm On Aug 18, 2021
scally11:

Mr Nursery class hardly have more than 15. If your child is in a class of 20 then you are sitting on a timebomb. There will be series of accident weekin week out.
@op, I have taught in a school with tution of 86k for nursery one. It is one of the cheapest but standard school in fagba. Don't want to mention name. That money is decent but make God no shame us
The money is decent, truly.

20 is not too much if there is enough space.
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by Lama70(m): 5:22pm On Aug 18, 2021
Slimslimqq:
My kid just was just promoted to nursery 1. initially he was in play group and his school fee was 25k which I pay almost thrice before the term ends, and I was still complaining that the fee is too much for such class.

But now, he's been promoted to nursery 1 and the school fee is almost double the former fee(40k).

I have been thinking, isn't this wickedness, how would u be expecting 40k for a nursery 1 pupil per term.

Note that, this school is the most affordable in my vicinity. Just a 3 mins walk from my house.

I'm thinking of looking for another school maybe still faraway a bit, but the school fee isn't high, I don't mind taking my time daily to take him to such school.

Next time you try to blot the name of your child/ward and the school. Be security concious�
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by amajato: 5:24pm On Aug 18, 2021
socialmediaman:

Some schools charge high and still pay teachers low, depends on the greed level of the owner
like I said I blame the teachers not the school owners
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by Drunkdick85(m): 5:25pm On Aug 18, 2021
yuping:

It depend on your department the highest is engineering department. But all other department is I think 20-25 but it mostly federal, most people don't like coming to the north because of religion ecthnic problem which don't even happen in school campus.

Most federal universities are cheap
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by amajato: 5:25pm On Aug 18, 2021
Poanan:

Thank God for you but there are ways you can pass your message across without being condescending. Since you are so rich why not create a foundation for the child
I don't know what you call condescending mr man. I didn't father your child for you so I can't be responsible for his schooling. You can take your child to a government school I'm sure you won't pay up to 5k per term
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by amajato: 5:26pm On Aug 18, 2021
uuzba:

If only they can all go on strike together.
honestly otherwise they will continue to suffer

1 Like

Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by amajato: 5:28pm On Aug 18, 2021
MadamExcellency:

How much did you pay in the university per session? This is a two/three years old baby paying approximately N120,000 per session.
if you know what education is all about. The foundation is more important than the roofing. Beside this is a private school not a government school so you should compare with a private university and not a government university. A government primary school won't charge you up to 5k a term, why not go there
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by amajato: 5:30pm On Aug 18, 2021
matm:

My dear what about government schools?Parents complain and shout on top of their voices during pta meeting when they are told to make payments that is not up to 2k dt covers money for text books,pta, crafts and after school lesson for a term of 3months plus per child.
because it is a government school and they government has promised free education hence the reason the parents there are angry when they are told to pay. A private school is not a government school. If you can pay for the services of a private school, try a government school.
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by amajato: 5:32pm On Aug 18, 2021
vickydevoka:

De owners benefits from textbook n school uniform
books are ones a term uniform may be ones and for all.

1 Like

Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by Mypeople2(m): 5:35pm On Aug 18, 2021
Slimslimqq:

But now, he's been promoted to nursery 1 and the school fee is almost double the former fee(40k).My dear that is the cheapest school.I have seen for some time now.In warri, pre-nursery pay close to 100k in some schools

Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by Mypeople2(m): 5:40pm On Aug 18, 2021
Janesouthall:
Cut ur coat according to your size.... Take your kid to a school you can afford...
She with not hear.Most parents these days take their kids to expensive schools so that the children will mingle with wealthy kids.These days the thing nor dey work.Nobody is helping anyone these days .So take your children to schools you can afford, so that the rich parents with not laugh at you when you fail to pay your fees and your children are driven home during tests and exam period
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by Poanan: 5:42pm On Aug 18, 2021
amajato:
I don't know what you call condescending mr man. I didn't father your child for you so I can't be responsible for his schooling. You can take your child to a government school I'm sure you won't pay up to 5k per term

Why not start by taking yourself to a school of finishing? You need it badly.
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by sureteeboy(m): 5:49pm On Aug 18, 2021
Uyi168:
I know. That's a term. Let's say there are 20 pupil in a class, 20*40000=800000.

800000 being realized from a nursery 1 class is no small money.
The amount teachers get paid depends on how greedy the school owners are. But everything isn't always as plain as it seems
Consider an Elementary school that consists of 8 classes all together with approximately 20 students in each.
In an ideal situation, If students pay 40k per term, that's (20×8×40, 000) 6.4 million per term. Over the course of an academic calendar, the school would have raised 19.2 million naira.
Realistically, the school will never raise 19.2 million, because some parents will withdraw their wards without paying, some parents will keep postponing their payments, while some will only pay a certain percentage, which might end up bringing the school earnings to 15million naira yearly.
Government levies, Electricity tariff, Maintenance costs, Printing and all sorts of miscellaneous expenses might take up to 3 million, which leaves the school with just 12million naira left, which brings the monthly allocation for salaries to approximately 1 million naira
Assuming the school has students to staff ratio of 7:1 or thereabout, you'd expect 18 teachers to be in that school. Should teachers earn #40, 000 per month averagely, the school pays #720, 000 monthly while whatever is left goes to the owner(s) (±280,000). This is where the greed factor now comes in.
A considerable school owner might decide to raise the salary on average by #10,000, which reduces his or her own income to ±100,000 monthly.
And when you consider the fact that school owners will definitely want to recoup the money spent on building the school in the first instance, they are less likely to go through that second route

2 Likes

Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by brainhgeek(m): 5:55pm On Aug 18, 2021
Slimslimqq:

This is unacceptable! You shouldn't have exposed both the identity of your child, the name of the school and the area of the school (you mentioned Jibowu Yaba in one of your responses). At least, blur out the names to preserve reputation of both your kid and the school. They didn't commit a crime. E jor sir embarassed
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by Callmed: 5:56pm On Aug 18, 2021
HUSTLER001:
After one idiot would come and advice us to get married even when we are not bouyant. Nonsense!
This!!
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by Jaybee8181(m): 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2021
Continue the lord is your strength... As for me I can not die before my time because of school fees.
This should hit a million naira by the time the child is in pry 3... Well good luck
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by julieeni(f): 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2021
wunmi590:

OP, one thing I look before spending money is the value for that money...

With your kid results I can tell you that the teachers are really trying on the kid and the money you have been spending is really visible....

I pay more for my daughter in creche, I wouldn't advice you to withdraw, if you know you can always pay the money like 2-3times...

God will give you and your wife better jobs to be able to conveniently do better things for your kid.
Op I pray you take this comment into consideration. As a teacher, good early years foundation is very important in a child's education. My son was initially in a school I pay 16k per term but he could not meet up to my expectations .
I recently changed his school to where I teach and it's very expensive (104k) with discount and I'm glad that he has picked up drastically. He can now sound a-z, rote count numbers from 0-50, identify number symbols 1-15 but with little promptings, he can as well assign number quantities all these in just 3rd term although I still would like that he repeat preschool 1 because his mates (3yrs) are already adding altogether simple additions and can sound and blend CVC words.
Pls give your child the best foundation, it's worth it and it will definitely pay off.
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by VTJN(m): 6:03pm On Aug 18, 2021
Paperbag:

Sir ,

The highest fee at Uniben ( edo state ) was 15k per session

As at 2011 it was 7k .

So yours is even high for a northern uni
you pay over 100k at the beginning
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 18, 2021
amajato:
After you people will insult school owners that they are paying teachers 20k. How can they pay teachers 100k when you say 40k is too big to pay for a term of 3 months? Na the teachers I blame sha.
Oloriburuku ni eleyi ni
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by amajato: 6:08pm On Aug 18, 2021
Poanan:

Why not start by taking yourself to a school of finishing? You need it badly.
you mean my comment finished you? Not my fault. Next time type with your brain intact grin
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by wunmi590(m): 6:10pm On Aug 18, 2021
julieeni:

Op I pray you take this comment into consideration. As a teacher, good early years foundation is very important in a child's education. My son was initially in a school I pay 16k per term but he could not meet up to my expectations .
I recently changed his school to where I teach and it's very expensive (104k) with discount and I'm glad that he has picked up drastically. He can now sound a-z, rote count numbers from 0-50, identify number symbols 1-15 but with little promptings, he can as well assign number quantities all these in just 3rd term although I still would like that he repeat preschool 1 because his mates (3yrs) are already adding altogether simple additions and can sound and blend CVC words.
Pls give your child the best foundation, it's worth it and it will definitely pay off.

You nailed it...
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by amajato: 6:10pm On Aug 18, 2021
Cutestboy:

Oloriburuku ni eleyi ni
e ravwe ravwe. Osi ghe.
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by ImaIma1(f): 6:10pm On Aug 18, 2021
mission08:
Do you really need to display that report card with all the details? The write up alone should suffice I think....

Like others have said, you choose the school you can afford to pay comfortably. There is no need to put yourself under undue pressure.

Hmmm....this life is not balance! Just today someone told me the cost of paying for her sons (2 boys) transportation alone via school bus is 120k.

It is well. E go better

One school in Lekki I visited, the registration alone per child is 200k. After they give you a special tour of the school, they reveal the school fees. They don't just reveal the fees o. Till today, I don't know how much. But the school is AMAZING.
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by Uyi168: 6:12pm On Aug 18, 2021
sureteeboy:

The amount teachers get paid depends on how greedy the school owners are. But everything isn't always as plain as it seems
Consider an Elementary school that consists of 8 classes all together with approximately 20 students in each.
In an ideal situation, If students pay 40k per term, that's (20×8×40, 000) 6.4 million per term. Over the course of an academic calendar, the school would have raised 19.2 million naira.
Realistically, the school will never raise 19.2 million, because some parents will withdraw their wards without paying, some parents will keep postponing their payments, while some will only pay a certain percentage, which might end up bringing the school earnings to 15million naira yearly.
Government levies, Electricity tariff, Maintenance costs, Printing and all sorts of miscellaneous expenses might take up to 3 million, which leaves the school with just 12million naira left, which brings the monthly allocation for salaries to approximately 1 million naira
Assuming the school has students to staff ratio of 7:1 or thereabout, you'd expect 18 teachers to be in that school. Should teachers earn #40, 000 per month averagely, the school pays #720, 000 monthly while whatever is left goes to the owner(s) (±280,000). This is where the greed factor now comes in.
A considerable school owner might decide to raise the salary on average by #10,000, which reduces his or her own income to ±100,000 monthly.
And when you consider the fact that school owners will definitely want to recoup the money spent on building the school in the first instance, they are less likely to go through that second route
I like your analysis.
And i also know things are quite complicated..

1 Like

Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by Poanan: 6:15pm On Aug 18, 2021
amajato:
you mean my comment finished you? Not my fault. Next time type with your brain intact grin

Chai this guy lol. The problem is way bigger than I thought. You can afford to expensive fees yet you dont even have an idea of what a school of finishing is about?

My God!
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by amajato: 6:17pm On Aug 18, 2021
Poanan:

Chai this guy lol. The problem is way bigger than I thought. You can afford to expensive fees yet you dont even have an idea of what a school of finishing is about?

My God!
grin e pain ham. Eravwe ravwe
Re: Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) by VTJN(m): 6:22pm On Aug 18, 2021
Tertiary institutions owned by the government (Federal or state) had been subsidised. You don't make comparism based on that. This is a private owned institution. Government owned tertiary institutions are almost free. You can see the amount private tertiary institutions pay per session. That's the difference. Most state government owned primary and secondary schools are almost free too. Anything government had been subsidised. Even the health sectors got subsidised. The amount you pay in a private owned clinic differ from that of the government.

If you must make comparism, let it be on neutral ground.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Drone Shot Of Adeleke University At Night And In The Day Time (photos) / Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. / Exam Question For 500Level Lautech Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.