Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,074 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Afghanistan: 800 People Crammed Into A US Plane As They Escape From Kabul - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Afghanistan: 800 People Crammed Into A US Plane As They Escape From Kabul (87989 Views)

Afghan Army Getting Training From US Army Live From Kabul (Funny Video) / First-Person-View Of Afghans Clinging To Kabul Plane As It Takes Off / Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afghanistan: 800 People Crammed Into A US Plane As They Escape From Kabul by V7place(m): 4:34am On Aug 17, 2021
US air force plane touched down safely in Qatar yesterday after carrying more than five times its suggested load when hundreds of desperate Afghan refugees flooded the plane.

Reach 871, a C-17 Globemaster III massive military cargo plane used by the US and its allies for the past 30 years, flew from Kabul International Airport late on Sunday, local time.

According to US defence officials, and photos obtained by Defence One, the crew safely evacuated more than 640 Afghan people.

Authorities believe the passenger load was likely one of the largest ever flown by a C-17.

The cargo plane had not been planning on carrying so many passengers however hundreds of Afghans, cleared to evacuate, managed to pull themselves up onto the aircraft’s half-open ramp.

A video posted on Sunday showed Afghans already in the plane pulling other people up as they all crowded around the aircraft.

Faced with either forcing the extra refugees off the aircraft or attempting to take off, “the crew made the decision to go”, an official told Defence One.

“Approximately 640 Afghan civilians disembarked the aircraft when it arrived at its destination,” another official said.

Initial reports suggested there were as many as 800 people on the plane, with audio revealing the flight crew also believed there to be up to 800 people.

Horrific scenes at Kabul Airport

Thousands of people swarmed Kabul Airport as the Taliban surrounded the Afghan capital.

A US official said a number of cargo planes took off with hundreds of people on-board.

There were also horrific scenes at the airport as desperate refugees, unable to get inside the C-17 planes, instead clung to the wings and landing gear as the aircraft took off.

Footage from Kabul Airport showed at least two people falling to their death after the planes took off.

Senior US military officials told the Associated Press at least seven people were dead at the airport, including those who fell from the departing American military transport jet.

Shortly after the scenes from the runway emerged, footage showed Afghans clamouring onto the side of the C-17 and clinging on to its undercarriage as it struggled down the tarmac.

Subsequent footage also showed people falling from the sky.

Online reports indicate at least 12 people were seen holding onto the landing gear as the plane took off. It appears most of those were young men.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1427202927383379973

Source: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/afghanistan-us-military-plane-takes-off-from-kabul-with-hundreds-of-refugees/HHTC34SZYQ5RQ5QGKD53NMFA2E/

Via : https://rifnote.com/?p=822843

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: 800 People Crammed Into A US Plane As They Escape From Kabul by Akwaibomdude(m): 4:36am On Aug 17, 2021
This is serious
Wow! This is my FTC for the first time since i joined nairaland more than 3 years ago...how is it done?
Should i send my account info

156 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: 800 People Crammed Into A US Plane As They Escape From Kabul by mountmoriah(m): 4:39am On Aug 17, 2021
This for you people to know the gravity of what just befall the Afghans, they will be rule by terror, the 20 years of their lost must be felt throughout the world by expanding their extremists this what I have seen, Bin Laden successful plan the bombing of the world trade center (twins tower) with this talibans extremists reason americans invaded them.

301 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: 800 People Crammed Into A US Plane As They Escape From Kabul by aycapri(m): 4:40am On Aug 17, 2021
Wow

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: 800 People Crammed Into A US Plane As They Escape From Kabul by tillaman(m): 4:43am On Aug 17, 2021
shocked
Now what manner of fuckery is this? They claim to be preaching peace but if truly they are preaching peace what are they doing with guns and other sophisticated weapons?
Why are their fellow brethren running from them?
One of them was saying I WILL MARRY 4 OF YOU AT ONCE
Tons of wastrels
This is against the word of the creator, the great one didn’t tell us to pick up arms and start killing one another

402 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: 800 People Crammed Into A US Plane As They Escape From Kabul by babzo(m): 4:47am On Aug 17, 2021
Why do humans like making their fellow humans suffer? See all these people with no luggage, no bags, all their houses, handiwork, cars left behind for an unknown future that will definitely mean being refugees.
I am sure many children would have been separated from their parents and siblings from siblings.
Some would have lost their phones in the rush and all contacts with friends and family.
Human beings why

660 Likes 52 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: 800 People Crammed Into A US Plane As They Escape From Kabul by mountmoriah(m): 4:47am On Aug 17, 2021
Mokason288:
Why are Muslims running away from Muslims?
it's takes one to know one, they know how deadly this terrorists/extremists are, and they have equally enjoy the freedom that comes with democracy for the past 20 years, now this freedom had been taking away over night.

This is their future now before them under the terrorists extremists talibans

277 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: 800 People Crammed Into A US Plane As They Escape From Kabul by englishmart(m): 4:47am On Aug 17, 2021
even the pilot wont breathe well. peace is criminally underrated.

The birth of Mohammed was a massive calamity

447 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: 800 People Crammed Into A US Plane As They Escape From Kabul by Ever8090: 5:19am On Aug 17, 2021
Those who couldn't make it out will be stock with those uncivilised islamic miscreant for a very long time....I bet you, ones the tension is over and international flight resumes, the number of women that will flee that country will be amazingly terrible...

166 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: 800 People Crammed Into A US Plane As They Escape From Kabul by SporaD8: 5:23am On Aug 17, 2021
what am seeing here is a refugee camp

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: 800 People Crammed Into A US Plane As They Escape From Kabul by Nobody: 5:24am On Aug 17, 2021
Citizens turn refugees in one day.

This could be Nigeria in few years if nothing is done.

156 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: 800 People Crammed Into A US Plane As They Escape From Kabul by Savagecontents: 5:25am On Aug 17, 2021
I watch all these in movies, I can't wait to watch another movie production

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afghanistan: 800 People Crammed Into A US Plane As They Escape From Kabul by Monogamy: 5:25am On Aug 17, 2021
grin

Taliban Government: Hypocrisy Behind It

Those who are celebrating the Taliban forceful take over the Afghanistan government are ignorant about things.

Imagine how many Afghanistans that have fled the country, who are the Talibans going to govern again.

Less than 24 hours in power , they have started marrying off Afghanistans young girls.

Which of those people jubilating about this take over pray to be under the 3BM law the Taliban are planning to enact/impose?

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: 800 People Crammed Into A US Plane As They Escape From Kabul by ecolime(m): 5:26am On Aug 17, 2021
The 800 survivors just as we watch in Zombie movies.

The rest in Afghanistan are now subject to the rule of Barbarians. I only feel pity for their women and girls. It's back to the stone age for them cry

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: 800 People Crammed Into A US Plane As They Escape From Kabul by madridguy(m): 5:27am On Aug 17, 2021
This is serious. I don't see reason why this people cannot form a coalition and fight the Taliban too.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: 800 People Crammed Into A US Plane As They Escape From Kabul by Bigfish121(m): 5:27am On Aug 17, 2021
This is as a result of evil striving against hood.
Re: Afghanistan: 800 People Crammed Into A US Plane As They Escape From Kabul by SmartPolician: 5:28am On Aug 17, 2021
Being a woman under the Taliban leadership is miserable embarassed Joe Biden was right: The Afghan government collapsed too easily. The leaders weren't even ready to stay up and defend their country as if the US was imposing its leadership style on them.

187 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: 800 People Crammed Into A US Plane As They Escape From Kabul by mejai(m): 5:28am On Aug 17, 2021
Sad

2 Likes

Re: Afghanistan: 800 People Crammed Into A US Plane As They Escape From Kabul by inoki247: 5:29am On Aug 17, 2021
na visa free

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afghanistan: 800 People Crammed Into A US Plane As They Escape From Kabul by BigDawsNet: 5:29am On Aug 17, 2021
grin. If you think the US military forces will fly them to the US then you are on a long thing...I'm pretty sure if they where Israelites... there's possibilities...

Let's pray this never happens in Nigeria..
We only have one Airbus A400M Atlas...it's located at the northern base...the population is 200m... Emirates, delta, British Airbus wouldn't be able to transport -10%

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: 800 People Crammed Into A US Plane As They Escape From Kabul by naza4life: 5:30am On Aug 17, 2021
I hope Nigerians and the cow fckers are seeing this
Islam is a terrorist organization
If is a peaceful religion like they claim it to be,
Why are the citizens clamoring to leave at the first opportunity
Even at the risk of death.
Religion of peace indeed

205 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: 800 People Crammed Into A US Plane As They Escape From Kabul by Nobody: 5:30am On Aug 17, 2021
Seeing those little kids in the picture just gets me teary.

32 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean / Popular Quotes By Idi Amin Of Uganda / Afghan President Ghani Arrives UAE With Family Members, Multimillion-dollar Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.