Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Africans Are Delusional About Aa's - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Africans Are Delusional About Aa's (7901 Views)

Horn Africans Are NOT BLACK / How Horn Of Africans Are Trying To Steal African Culture / Why are EAST africans so delusional?-Question from a AA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by kony1(m): 3:20am On May 19, 2011
Why do africans look down on black americans. Black americans were the only ones to show the world that black is beautiful . We are the ones that made african descent credible. Why the hate
Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by saiyaman: 3:25am On May 19, 2011
What?
Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by iice(f): 4:02am On May 19, 2011
bwahahahahahahaha. Ogini which road dis one dey look for? undecided

1 Like

Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by InkedNerd(f): 4:46am On May 19, 2011
@OP: Lmaaaaaoooo, I can you that you enjoying trolling around Nairaland creating topics like this. You sound like you want us to bow down and kiss your aṡṡ.If you want an answer, go back to that yeye thread you created where everyone was arguing then you'll find and answer to you wor wor question.
Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by kony1(m): 6:06am On May 19, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

@OP: Lmaaaaaoooo, I can you that you enjoying trolling around Nairaland creating topics like this. You sound like you want us to bow down and kiss your aṡṡ.If you want an answer, go back to that yeye thread you created where everyone was arguing then you'll find and answer to you wor wor question.

Dont punk out now. Africans feel like they out do black americans. So africans, put your money where your mouth is

Simply, black americans hold it down for people of african descent worldwide. Without us where would black people be. Riddle me this, riddle me that. Real talk

Africans dont have a mlk,michael jackson,michael jordan,oprah.tiger woods etc Ya have no clout whatsoever to talk bad about black americans. What a joke

And theres more black americans going to college than africans in africa or america. Feel me
Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by kony1(m): 6:11am On May 19, 2011
And considering the horrible spelling most of you showcase on this site: mlk Means Martin Luther King. If you didnt know
Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by saiyaman: 5:07pm On May 19, 2011
k.o.n.y:

Dont punk out now. Africans feel like they out do black americans. So africans, put your money where your mouth is

Simply, black americans hold it down for people of african descent worldwide. Without us where would black people be. Riddle me this, riddle me that. Real talk

Africans dont have a mlk,michael jackson,michael jordan,oprah.tiger woods etc Ya have no clout whatsoever to talk bad about black americans. What a joke

And theres more black americans going to college than africans in africa or america. Feel me

Really? grin Why are you trying to be divisive and then turn around and ask "Why can't we all just get along?"

AA struggled for their rights just like Africans did in Africa just like People of African descent did in the Caribbeans and how they are doing now in South America, so everyone is holding their own on their own, period. With or without AA, people would have gotten sh.it done, so please take your head out of your a.ss for a good minute grin

Fyi Tiger does not associate himself as a black person, and that is why the black community left him to dangle in the wind after his debacle, so don't start claiming him now grin

Africans have Mandela, The first Female President in Africa in Liberia, Adiche, Achebe, Fela, Soyinka, Sansui, and the list goes on, please don't disrespect yourself tongue

And I'm pretty sure and hope more AA are going to school than Africans considering the fact their are more of us than there are Africans in the US at least, and the fact of the matter is Africans even more degrees and are better educated than even Asians and the other "model minorities"

Stop being an idiot and go do something with your life grin
Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by Mfalme313: 7:40pm On May 19, 2011
I gotta entertain this. To prove your point that AA's are "holding it down" you brought up "mlk,michael jackson,michael jordan,oprah.tiger woods".

A Civil rights activist, a musician/entertainer, a TV host and Two professional athletes. If I was you I would mention:

1. Daniel Hale Williams, first person to perform open heart surgery
2. Madame C.j. Walker, "first woman to become a millionaire by her own achievements"
3. Philip Downing, Created the street mailbox so you didn't have to take your ass to the post office
4. George Crum, father of the ever loved potato chips
5. Benjamin Thornton, "created a device that could be attached to a telephone and could be set to record a voice message from a caller".

I can go on and on. The point is, you can do much better the some entertainers.  That being said, Africa and African people have thousands upon thousands of years of history (I'm not gonna get into that) so if you want to limit yourself to 400-500 years of history, then who am I to deny you that?.

1 Like

Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by kony1(m): 1:27am On May 20, 2011
saiyaman:

Really? grin Why are you trying to be divisive and then turn around and ask "Why can't we all just get along?"

AA struggled for their rights just like Africans did in Africa just like People of African descent did in the Caribbeans and how they are doing now in South America, so everyone is holding their own on their own, period. With or without AA, people would have gotten sh.it done, so please take your head out of your behind for a good minute grin

Fyi Tiger does not associate himself as a black person, and that is why the black community left him to dangle in the wind after his debacle, so don't start claiming him now grin

Africans have Mandela, The first Female President in Africa in Liberia, Adiche, Achebe, Fela, Soyinka, Sansui, and the list goes on, please don't disrespect yourself tongue

And I'm pretty sure and hope more AA are going to school than Africans considering the fact their are more of us than there are Africans in the US at least, and the fact of the matter is Africans even more degrees and are better educated than even Asians and the other "model minorities"

Stop being an and go do something with your life grin

Half of the africans you listed hold no weight as far as worldwide recognition whatsoever. No where near close to their black american counterparts. The only one that holds weight is Nelson Mandela

And africans and caribbeans held things down in their countries. When it comes to UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Black americans made it possible for africans to get degrees and live some what comfortably in the most powerful nation in the world. Black americans had to put in work for that. Civil rights made america accessible to immigrants of color

2 Likes

Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by saiyaman: 2:09am On May 20, 2011
k.o.n.y:

Half of the africans you listed hold no weight as far as worldwide recognition whatsoever. No where near close to their black american counterparts. The only one that holds weight is Nelson Mandela

And africans and caribbeans held things down in their countries. When it comes to UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Black americans made it possible for africans to get degrees and live some what comfortably in the most powerful nation in the world. Black americans had to put in work for that. Civil rights made america accessible to immigrants of color

The man who wrote the single most read African Novel, is not well known? The woman who is holding and pulling forward a country that went to hell and back is not well known? One of the single most influential musicians in Africa, that Beyonce can't seem to stop mentioning these days and has his own play on Broadway, no worldwide recognition?

Please stop being ignorant, out of your list only MLK jr is a well known and worldwide figure worthy of serious discussion, the rest are hit and miss.

And so what, why are AA not taking advantage of the sacrifices others made instead of reminding people what once was? Great, you marched to Selma and back but what now? Is that it?

Go get a job and contribute to society in a meaningful way instead of polluting the internet with more unnecessary stupidity angry
Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by kony1(m): 3:06am On May 20, 2011
saiyaman:

The man who wrote the single most read African Novel, is not well known? The woman who is holding and pulling forward a country that went to hell and back is not well known? One of the single most influential musicians in Africa, that Beyonce can't seem to stop mentioning these days and has his own play on Broadway, no worldwide recognition?

Please stop being ignorant, out of your list only MLK jr is a well known and worldwide figure worthy of serious discussion, the rest are hit and miss.

And so what, why are AA not taking advantage of the sacrifices others made instead of reminding people what once was? Great, you marched to Selma and back but what now? Is that it?

Go get a job and contribute to society in a meaningful way instead of polluting the internet with more unnecessary stupidity angry

None of them are known period. Fela is not a name that people worldwide are familiar with like the people(black americans) i've mentioned. Beyonce a black american, is way bigger than fela and ive never heard her mention her. One african gets a broadway play and your going to compare that to the accomplishments of black americans, really

And only mlk is worthy, lol I mentioned michael jackson and michael jordan two of the most famous people on planet earth. What african is close to that? In anyway shape or form

And why do delusional africans feel like black americans arent making strides till this day. We have hundreds of hbcus across america giving thousands of black americans degrees. And black americans are still the most influential blacks in the world. So what the hell are you talking
Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by saiyaman: 3:32am On May 20, 2011
k.o.n.y:

None of them are known period. Fela is not a name that people worldwide are familiar with like the people(black americans) i've mentioned. Beyonce a black american, is way bigger than fela and ive never heard her mention her. One african gets a broadway play and your going to compare that to the accomplishments of black americans, really

And only mlk is worthy, lol I mentioned michael jackson and michael jordan two of the most famous people on planet earth. What african is close to that? In anyway shape or form

And why do delusional africans feel like black americans arent making strides till this day. We have hundreds of hbcus across america giving thousands of black americans degrees. And black americans are still the most influential blacks in the world. So what the hell are you talking

Because you don't know them that makes them irrelevant, ok lol grin
And I guess you don't read because Beyonce has said several times her new album was influenced by Fela grin
Man you are not serious, Harvad themselves said that a bulk of their black minorities were not AA they were Africans and West Indians, and so have the other Ivy Leagues schools so take that up with them.

If African Americans were attaining degrees, which if you break it down its really AA women who deserve that distinction, the guys seem to be busy with other things undecided why have gains in certain areas have either stagnated or reversed? Instead of worrying about real issues you are here trying your best to put down people by citing celebrities as accomplishments to be proud of, ignorant fool. Honestly you did your own self a disservice with that idiotic list tongue

Influential to who? Did you help Nigerians gain independence with said influence? Or Ghana? Or any of the multitudes of African and African descent states?

Please Negro go back to your minimum wage job while the adults, both African and AA discuss real issues ok cheesy
Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by kony1(m): 4:04am On May 20, 2011
saiyaman:

Because you don't know them that makes them irrelevant, ok lol grin
And I guess you don't read because Beyonce has said several times her new album was influenced by Fela grin
Man you are not serious, Harvad themselves said that a bulk of their black minorities were not AA they were Africans and West Indians, and so have the other Ivy Leagues schools so take that up with them.

If African Americans were attaining degrees, which if you break it down its really AA women who deserve that distinction, the guys seem to be busy with other things undecided why have gains in certain areas have either stagnated or reversed? Instead of worrying about real issues you are here trying your best to put down people by citing celebrities as accomplishments to be proud of, ignorant fool. Honestly you did your own self a disservice with that idiotic list tongue

Influential to who? Did you help Nigerians gain independence with said influence? Or Ghana? Or any of the multitudes of African and African descent states?

Please Negro go back to your minimum wage job while the adults, both African and AA discuss real issues ok cheesy

1. Yes in the grand scheme of things, the africans you've mentioned are completely irrelevant next to the african americans i mentioned. They dont spark a plug with the global populous in the same way. They are at best african legends,not global icons like the AA's i

2.I could careless about harvard statistics, which btw i think your wrong anyway. Black americans are still the biggest political,social,economical figures in the united states. For all africans "supposed" success in ivy league schools. They come no where close to black americans in positions that matter or of importance

3. Black american men have shortcomings,no doubt about that. But black american men are overall more successful than black woman in areas of economics,science,entertainment etc. And there are plenty of black american men graduating from college. Furthermore it amuses me that africans point out the ills of black america. Africans and the state of africa is like 10x times worst than anything in black america. African men are a joke compared to black american men. Samething with women
Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by saiyaman: 5:10am On May 20, 2011
k.o.n.y:

1. Yes in the grand scheme of things, the africans you've mentioned are completely irrelevant next to the african americans i mentioned. They dont spark a plug with the global populous in the same way. They are at best african legends,not global icons like the AA's i

2.I could careless about harvard statistics, which btw i think your wrong anyway. Black americans are still the biggest political,social,economical figures in the united states. For all africans "supposed" success in ivy league schools. They come no where close to black americans in positions that matter or of importance

3. Black american men have shortcomings,no doubt about that. But black american men are overall more successful than black woman in areas of economics,science,entertainment etc. And there are plenty of black american men graduating from college. Furthermore it amuses me that africans point out the ills of black america. Africans and the state of africa is like 10x times worst than anything in black america. African men are a joke compared to black american men. Samething with women

1. Ok if you say so, noticed how you swept it under the rug on Beyonce, but you never keep it classy so I digress grin

2.Here:
http://www.examiner.com/public-education-in-chicago/african-immigrants-affirmative-action-and-harvard-university
http://clutchmagonline.com/2011/04/harvard-has-more-black-students-than-ever-but-are-they-african-american/
http://www.nuatc.org/articles/pdf/CollegesTakeMoreTopBlacks.pdf

Um Obama is African, if you get technical about it, but there are plenty of Africans being hired by the Obama administration to high level positions and a Nigeria was in very prominent positions at the World Bank/IMF. And Africans make up quite a bit of the Doctors and Nurses in the US, you are very likely to run in to an African doctor and most often they are Nigerian grin

3.Um no you are not Black men are being out paced by black women when it comes to college education, its hard to go to college behind bars which is where a good deal of black men already are or will be heading too. lipsrsealed And what are you talking about economics and etc, are you BSing like usual, please Negro black women are the only reason AA stats are not as bad as they could be, take them out and its a very bleak outlook.

And your point is? Are you competing for the goal medal in the Oppressed Olympics? If AA and Africans are both doing poorly and one is doing slightly better but still poorly does it matter? Or is -6 and -10 that big of a difference to you cheesy Really the only joke here is you lol a jobless bum that has nothing better to do than create divisiveness and strife instead of fixing the problem. Has Wal-mart stopped hiring that you can't put what little talents you do have to better use? Mc Donalds? Some one has to be accepting applications in your area, go hit them up and ask for one grin

1 Like

Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by InkedNerd(f): 6:42am On May 20, 2011
k.o.n.y:

Lmaaaaaooooooo, sweetie your a complete joke. Get over yourself. No one is punking out. I gave you a straight forward answer, so either follow that or disregard it. You weren't getting the conflict and drama you wanted to see so you decided to pipe up and create another thread huh? I called you out on your bull crap so why are you gettin' all bent out of shape? Oya, good for you. Keep at it. Since you've come to this site, all your post have been about the same thing. Look, if you want to start some pro-akata revolution, go start your own site or something.
Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by Booshman(m): 12:45pm On May 20, 2011
As an AA, I apologize. Apparently, someone left the gates open at one of the insane asylums here and the OP got out,

1 Like

Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by kony1(m): 4:14pm On May 20, 2011
saiyaman:

1. Ok if you say so, noticed how you swept it under the rug on Beyonce, but you never keep it classy so I digress grin

2.Here:
http://www.examiner.com/public-education-in-chicago/african-immigrants-affirmative-action-and-harvard-university
http://clutchmagonline.com/2011/04/harvard-has-more-black-students-than-ever-but-are-they-african-american/
http://www.nuatc.org/articles/pdf/CollegesTakeMoreTopBlacks.pdf

Um Obama is African, if you get technical about it, but there are plenty of Africans being hired by the Obama administration to high level positions and a Nigeria was in very prominent positions at the World Bank/IMF. And Africans make up quite a bit of the Doctors and Nurses in the US, you are very likely to run in to an African doctor and most often they are Nigerian grin

3.Um no you are not Black men are being out paced by black women when it comes to college education, its hard to go to college behind bars which is where a good deal of black men already are or will be heading too. lipsrsealed And what are you talking about economics and etc, are you BSing like usual, please Negro black women are the only reason AA stats are not as bad as they could be, take them out and its a very bleak outlook.

And your point is? Are you competing for the goal medal in the Oppressed Olympics? If AA and Africans are both doing poorly and one is doing slightly better but still poorly does it matter? Or is -6 and -10 that big of a difference to you  cheesy Really the only joke here is you lol a jobless bum that has nothing better to do than create divisiveness and strife instead of fixing the problem. Has Wal-mart stopped hiring that you can't put what little talents you do have to better use? Mc Donalds? Some one has to be accepting applications in your area, go hit them up and ask for one  grin

How did i sweep it under the rug. People dont know who fela is whether beyonce gave her a cosign or not
Your comparing a no name to a global icon. What african global icon,personality is close to a beyoncel, lol at not even having a beyonce level icon

1. Barack Obama is a BLACK AMERICAN. He recognizes himself as such-married a BLACK AMERICAN woman and has BLACK AMERICAN kids. When addressing the african american community, he refers to us as "WE "OUR" ETC. I understand there are very few africans to look up to in 2011 but dont steal ours. BA is genetically closer to black americans than he is an african

2.Lol africans number one trump card they pull out is -College. Ya need to get it through your thick heads -BLACK MEN GO TO COLLEGE. I give the few african immigrants who go through college a pat on the back. good for you. But to suggest there are more black men going to jail, than enrolling in college each year is absurd. The statistics are so skewed.

Black american men still hold the biggest and most powerful positions across the board of any blacks anyway so the college thing is irrelevant. For all the african college grads you have, they still arent dominating top positions as black americans

Im actually a college graduate. And no this is not the oppressed olympics its simply calling delusional africans out on their bull sh.t
Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by saiyaman: 7:51pm On May 20, 2011
k.o.n.y:

How did i sweep it under the rug. People dont know who fela is whether beyonce gave her a cosign or not
Your comparing a no name to a global icon. What african global icon,personality is close to a beyoncel, lol at not even having a beyonce level icon

1. Barack Obama is a BLACK AMERICAN. He recognizes himself as such-married a BLACK AMERICAN woman and has BLACK AMERICAN kids. When addressing the african american community, he refers to us as "WE "OUR" ETC. I understand there are very few africans to look up to in 2011 but dont steal ours. BA is genetically closer to black americans than he is an african

2.Lol africans number one trump card they pull out is -College. Ya need to get it through your thick heads -BLACK MEN GO TO COLLEGE. I give the few african immigrants who go through college a pat on the back. good for you. But to suggest there are more black men going to jail, than enrolling in college each year is absurd. The statistics are so skewed.

Black american men still hold the biggest and most powerful positions across the board of any blacks anyway so the college thing is irrelevant. For all the african college grads you have, they still arent dominating top positions as black americans

Im actually a college graduate. And no this is not the oppressed olympics its simply calling delusional africans out on their bull sh.t

1.Ok if you say so, congrats
Steal who? Obama is a person not an object to be stolen undecided The honest to god truth we should be ashame that it took an African man and White woman to have an AA president, why couldn't the person be a traditional AA are there no leaders or politicians of Obama's caliber in the community? Who is BA, if you mean Obama he is closer to Europeans and Kenyans than African Americans, unless you want to link to his white ancestry If you look at his Kenyan ancestry he is even farther from AA who are primarily of West African descent.

2. Ok bring out the stats then, prove to us that Black men go to college more than black women? I'll save you the time no they don't, so get that through your thick head lol, but you can't make up stats can you wink

http://www.jbhe.com/features/50_blackstudent_gradrates.html
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/691287/why_do_more_black_women_attend_college.html
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3919177/ns/us_news-life/t/number-black-men-college-dwindle/

All lies right grin

What top positions, can you list them? And preferably not celebrities.
And what is more important, college education or a few Blacks in high positions? Really don't be that daft.

You graduated from college really? And you busy yourself with this, I would ask for a refund from your Alma mater because it was a waste. If anything you are the delusional one here grin
Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by InkedNerd(f): 9:18pm On May 20, 2011
Booshman:

As an AA, I apologize. Apparently, someone left the gates open at one of the insane asylums here and the OP got out,

Don't apologize for someone else's nonsense. He/she doesn't speak for you wink
Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by kony1(m): 5:12am On May 21, 2011
k.o.n.y:

Stupid african. Obama accomplished what he accomplished because of black americans like Martin luther king and Malcolm x. Both are traditional african americans and paved the way for him

Africans are looked at as being bombed out and depleted on a worldwide level. Show me the african michael jackson or michael jordan, than i'll take you seriously
Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by kony1(m): 5:19am On May 21, 2011
Black americans are the main voice for africans in the world. POSIVETIVE OR NEGATIVE
Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by saiyaman: 5:51am On May 21, 2011
k.o.n.y:

silly african. Obama accomplished what he accomplished because of black americans like Martin luther king and  Malcolm x. Both are traditional african americans and paved the way for him

Africans are looked at as being bombed out and depleted on a worldwide level. Show me the african michael jackson or michael jordan,  than i'll take you seriously

By the way I'm African American just like you silly tongue

Congrats, when one knows they have been beat they use fallacy to make an argument grin
What happen to AA men going to college more than the women? Or the fact that you guys spend more time behind bars than behind a book?

But Obama is not traditionally African American, and I remember at one point that was a big issue until Obama started winning, that was when Blacks gave their supports so don't act like AA were there from day one. And the fact remains, were there no AA that could do what Obama did? It took a half Kenyan half White guy to have a black guy in the White House undecided

Because all AA can do is sing an play sports? That is your definition of success? You are a monkey in every sense of the word, shiny things make you happy easily grin What is your fixation on celebrities, the richest black man in the world is a Nigerian. The Banker of the Year was Sansui.

Start naming things of substance and maybe I may take your Devry degree a little more serious  kiss

And in America AA are looked at the same way, what is your point?

1 Like

Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by saiyaman: 5:56am On May 21, 2011
k.o.n.y:

Black americans are the main voice for africans in the world. POSIVETIVE OR NEGATIVE

Really? Well where were AA for the people of Darfur? Laryngitis?
Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by InkedNerd(f): 6:52am On May 21, 2011
saiyaman:

Congrats, when one knows they have been beat they use fallacy to make an argument grin
What happen to AA men going to college more than the women? Or the fact that you guys spend more time behind bars than behind a book?

But Obama is not traditionally African American, and I remember at one point that was a big issue until Obama started winning, that was when Blacks gave their supports so don't act like AA were there from day one. And the fact remains, were there no AA that could do what Obama did? It took a half Kenyan half White guy to have a black guy in the White House undecided

Because all AA can do is sing an play sports? That is your definition of success? You are a monkey in every sense of the word, shiny things make you happy easily grin What is your fixation on celebrities, the richest black man in the world is a Nigerian. The Banker of the Year was Sansui.

Start naming things of substance and maybe I may take your Devry degree a little more serious  kiss

Wow, nice to see another African American who isn't like the OP.

saiyaman:

Hmmm, good question grin
Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by kony1(m): 1:38pm On May 21, 2011
saiyaman:

Wow your an african american and you;ve spent all tyour time downing other african americans. LOL. Pathetic

Nobody has lost or has been beat. If it wasnt for black americans, people of african descent would have absolutely no clout on a global scale whatsoever. This is common sense and common rationale

Your college argument makes absolutely no sense. It makes no difference whether its men or women going to college. They're both black americans idiot. Im not understanding your rationale or lack thereof

Black people have supported Obama since day won. Nobody ever that was black took obamas presidency for granted ever. Obama is in that office because of the hardnwork of black people before him. Thurgood marshall,martin luther king,malcolm x etc. Obama is not the first or last great black man. It didnt take a kenyan and a white, there have been great black men before him. I wouldnt put obama on the same level as a martin luther king-the man responsible for a black man to even become president in the first place.

And barack obama is black american . He has said it himself. Who are you going to believe me you or himhimself

Your last paragraph either points you out as an idiot or an african. You cant be a BA saying dumb sh.t like that. Black Americans make the most strides in science,politics,economics,influence,art,literature etc The black american GDP is way bigger than that of the whole continent of africa. When you cut on your tv anywhere in the world, you will see a black american before an african. Dont try to downplay the black american influence

Where did you get your degree from?
Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by kony1(m): 1:46pm On May 21, 2011
saiyaman:

Well since your supposedly black american, you tell me?

Lol where was africans during civil rights?

And you were basically to dumb to understand what i was really saying in the first place lol
Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by ADM1(m): 5:18pm On May 21, 2011
I didn't want to get involved, but I could not resist. K.o.n.y., if you're going to talk about black accomplishments, don't just mention entertainers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African-American_inventors_and_scientists

http://www.blackentrepreneurprofile.com/fortune-500-ceos/

Tada!

K.o.n.y., why are you trying to start trouble? What's your problem?

Saiyaman, you're not AA. I noticed you used the term "daft." That's a British slang I think an overwhelming majority of Americans don't know. As for Barack Obama, he self-identifies as black/AA. Look it up yourself. Inked_Nerd, is akata some kind of ethnic slur like spic and guido?

1 Like

Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by kony1(m): 8:01pm On May 21, 2011
A.D.M.:

I didn't want to get involved, but I could not resist. K.o.n.y., if you're going to talk about black accomplishments, don't just mention entertainers.

Tada!

I was going to get to that. Black americans have invented more things than any other race of blacks in the last 100 years or so

And yes there are many more black businesses than there are african ones. I mention entertainers because they are the most well known and an example of black american influence. Which is by far greater than africans

And it would make perfect sense that she was black british. What have they done but be a watered down version of BA's but with an accent. They cling to everything we do here in the states.lol
Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by ADM1(m): 10:12pm On May 21, 2011
You're not answering my question, k.o.n.y. Why are you attempting to cause trouble or division here? I'm here because I love my African ancestry and I believe ALL black people, both in the African diaspora and on the African continent, need to be united, not divided, We're the same people and, if you really think about it, we face similar problems. I'm working to make that happen. What are you doing? Don't be part of the problem, be part of the solution. By the way, it's ethnicity, not race.

1 Like

Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by kony1(m): 10:39pm On May 21, 2011
A.D.M.:

You're not answering my question, k.o.n.y. Why are you attempting to cause trouble or division here? I'm here because I love my African ancestry and I believe ALL black people, both in the African diaspora and on the African continent, need to be united, not divided, We're the same people and, if you really think about it, we face similar problems. I'm working to make that happen. What are you doing? Don't be part of the problem, be part of the solution. By the way, it's ethnicity, not race.

As you can see by the comments in this thread, africans can give a sh.t about us and focus on stereotypes just like the whites. Stick around this forum for a week and you'll see their ignorance shine through.

These people(africans,carribbeans etc) benefit from our success and ridicule us for our failures. If you think africans care about blacks americans than your a fool. The sooner black americans stop that back to africa bullsh.t the better we will be.

Im not trying to be divisive. Im simply asking Africans a question
Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by saiyaman: 11:27pm On May 21, 2011
k.o.n.y:

Wow your an african american and you;ve spent all tyour time downing other african americans. LOL. Pathetic

Nobody has lost or has been beat. If it wasnt for black americans, people of african descent would have absolutely no clout on a global scale whatsoever. This is common sense and common rationale

Your college argument makes absolutely no sense. It makes no difference whether its men or women going to college. They're both black americans . Im not understanding your rationale or lack thereof

Black people have supported Obama since day won. Nobody ever that was black took obamas presidency for granted ever. Obama is in that office because of the hardnwork of black people before him. Thurgood marshall,martin luther king,malcolm x etc. Obama is not the first or last great black man. It didnt take a kenyan and a white, there have been great black men before him. I wouldnt put obama on the same level as a martin luther king-the man responsible for a black man to even become president in the first place.

And barack obama is black american . He has said it himself. Who are you going to believe me you or himhimself

Your last paragraph either points you out as an or an african. You cant be a BA saying dumb sh.t like that. Black Americans make the most strides in science,politics,economics,influence,art,literature etc The black american GDP is way bigger than that of the whole continent of africa. When you cut on your tv anywhere in the world, you will see a black american before an african. Dont try to downplay the black american influence

Where did you get your degree from?

Downing who exactly, I'm downing your stupidity, instead of working to diffuse tension you are here creating more strife over nothing honestly. Its all you do period.

And you know this how? Did Blacks in America fight for the independence of Africans or West Indians? No they did not, everyone fought their own battles.

You brought the point up not me. Why when confronted with the fact that Black men are not going to college at the same as Black women, you want to run from that fact cheesy

No they did not, Blacks were behind Hillary until Obama started wining, mainly the Iowa win, before that it was "Is Obama black enough" and it was talked about in most black media. After that win and Clinton's SC fiasco, Blacks started to pull for Obama.

And my point still stands, Obama was treated as a non-AA even though he identified as one until he proved himself
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1584736,00.html
http://www.cjr.org/politics/is_obama_black_enough.php
http://newsbusters.org/node/10912

^^^

Is that made up too undecided

I believe Obama, but not everyone believed him at one point and that is a fact.

Because you ignore the fact that AA are stereotyped to the tee as much as Africans are, if you think otherwise you are a dummy grin

Hopefully not at the same place you received yours, dude you can't write for anything lmao, its like a monkey typing with his foot wrote that post undecided

k.o.n.y:

Well since your supposedly black american, you tell me?

Lol where was africans during civil rights?

And you were basically to dumb to understand what i was really saying in the first place lol

Um the were in Africa, fighting for their independence from Europe
You said AA are the voice of Africans, good or bad, Darfur was bad and I remember White teens on college campuses with the "Save Darfur" posters undecided
A.D.M.:

Tada!

K.o.n.y., why are you trying to start trouble? What's your problem?

Saiyaman, you're not AA. I noticed you used the term "daft." That's a British slang I think an overwhelming majority of Americans don't know. As for Barack Obama, he self-identifies as black/AA. Look it up yourself. Inked_Nerd, is akata some kind of ethnic slur like spic and guido?

Believe whatever you want, I'm not here to prove to you who I am, if you want to also believe I'm Japanese, Indian, Brazilian, and Pakistani, you are welcomed to lol grin

Look what up, it wasn't me who was doubting the man. AA at the very beginning were, go ask WTF was that about.

A word is what you make it to be, Akata is not a slur, but some use it as such.

k.o.n.y:

I was going to get to that. Black americans have invented more things than any other race of blacks in the last 100 years or so

And yes there are many more black businesses than there are african ones. I mention entertainers because they are the most well known and an example of black american influence. Which is by far greater than africans

And it would make perfect sense that she was black british. What have they done but be a watered down version of BA's but with an accent. They cling to everything we do here in the states.lol

Yeah, despite the fact I've never been to Britain lol.
Re: Africans Are Delusional About Aa's by ADM1(m): 12:08am On May 22, 2011
First of all, saiyaman, I believe you're not AA. Second, your "behind bars than behind books" argument shows you are ignorant, AA or not. Smells like bullsh-t. I'm a black man and I've never been in trouble with the law. I also graduated from college.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/02/african-american-owned-businesses-on-the-rise.html

Once again, you're silly just like some other people here. Also, you're black and you call other black people monkeys? Wow. You obviously hate AAs just like k.o.n.y. hates Africans. I'd say both of you are silly. Obama's parents didn't make him president, the people that had enough of Bush, Jr. and voted for him because they thought he would be better made him president. You act like his parents had the power of foresight. By the way, if you really want to be technical, music that originally started in the US by blacks is listened to throughout the world more than anything else. Look at house music. It's popular, especially in Europe, but it started in the Chicago black community. K.o.n.y. is contributing to the divisivness, but so are you. And to be fair, both Fela Kuti (God rest his soul) and Beyonce are both icons, but on different levels. Fela Kuti is an African icon known mostly to Africans. Beyonce is known the world over. If you ask people in Canada, Mexico, Japan, Denmark, New Zealand, and Sri Lanka who Fela Kuti is, an overwhelming majority of them would say, "No, who's that?" and would have to Google the name. If you ask them who Beyonce is, they'll tell you immediately if they were not living under a rock for the past decade.

If somebody becomes successful by making music or being an athlete or hosting a talk show, why should their success be diminished? And what's wrong with working at Wal-Mart or McDonald's? A job is a job, right? Nobody wants to work there permanently, but it's still an honest job. Yet you want to look down on those that work in those places.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Learning Yoruba (phonology) / The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. / How Well Can You Speak Your Mother Tongue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.