Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,199 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) (47014 Views)

Earthquake hits Turkey and Syria, 1,400 Killed (Pictures, Video) / La Palma: 'World’s Luckiest House’ Miraculously Stands Alone (Pictures, Video) / Pictures & Video From Prince Philip's Funeral In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by planetx: 5:32pm On Aug 19, 2021
LordVoldermort:
Now the next step is which country to invade and steal their water
They cannot do that again because their 400 years of blessings ended in 2019 now it is judgement. Open your bible it is right there, the most accurate book in human history.
Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by dettolgel: 5:35pm On Aug 19, 2021
planetx:
They cannot do that again because their 400 years of blessings ended in 2019 now it is judgement. Open your bible it is right there, the most accurate book in human history.

So when did Nigeria years of blessings ended? Because as it is now Nigeria looks more of a place that is cursed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by HardBishop: 5:36pm On Aug 19, 2021
Righteousness2:
This is way beyond the so called climate Change Hullabaloo.

He turneth rivers into a wilderness, and the watersprings into dry ground;
A fruitful land into barrenness, for the wickedness of them that dwell therein.
Psalm 107:33-34

Until Nations, Leaders and People understand that it is GOD ALMIGHTY that runs this earth and Humble themselves before HIM, Submit to HIS Lordship and obey HIS Commandments, these Disaters will multiply and multiply. And the World will continue to lament and lament.

Listen, Believe it or not, The Only way to the World's sanity is for the Nations, Leaders and People to Submit to the Lordship of JESUS Christ.

Why too much hate on America.? Them kidnap ur relatives? Haaaa
Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by asamaigho(m): 5:38pm On Aug 19, 2021
Favbolu:
As a result of Global warming & climate change

Any explanation to Ur conclusion?
Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by Dominion375: 5:39pm On Aug 19, 2021
Jesus christ is coming back again, be at alert to hear him when he knock so that you can open...
Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by SEGLIZ: 5:55pm On Aug 19, 2021
DenreleDave
:
Lo �

The only solution for them is to send for me and give me permanent stay with all my family if not, dem go enter drought join....

This have I seen grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

choi!
DenreleDave, copy that them here you, park your bags, airforce 1 don dey by tomorrow morning you dey in transit.

DenreleDave the Yankee man. cheesycheesycheesy
Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 19, 2021
Nigerian government build water traps, irrigation systems, and huge reservoirs to store water, Incase of scarcity. Too much rainwater being wasted.
Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by Benzemma(m): 6:23pm On Aug 19, 2021
aramidey4u:
Water full Nigeria abeg, make dem come recycle am...We're ready to do business and make money grin

Which water?
The one that people turned to suck away? If na me be them, i rather die of thirst than to recycle Nigeria water and drink. Even if you give it to them free, they will not collect it.
Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by DCatt: 7:06pm On Aug 19, 2021
Climate change is a fraud, ask the people that tried to poison the entire water of Florida. Al gore is rich from it and the plan of the deep state is to use climate change to handcuff America while China which is the country with biggest pollution is left to do as it wishes. What you have is sabotage after sabotage by the democrats to destroy America as their time is up. America does not release pollutants compare to China or India and the US has reduced its carbon further under Trump.

Go and check the fish that is less than a baby finger but drink millions of gallons of water daily in California while farmers can't water their crops and you will know that satan himself is the one leading democrats party.
Commentor:
Climate change.

Republicans think otherwise.

Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by bewla(m): 7:42pm On Aug 19, 2021
DenreleDave:
Lo �

The only solution for them is to send for me and give me permanent stay with all my family if not, dem go enter drought join....

This have I seen grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
so that you can ja pa no way

You must get your visa from me
Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 19, 2021
Patrioticman007:

Your illiteracy has no bound, saying that Islam has not benefited Africans is like saying your parents never contributed to your growth. Google about the Islamic scientific development to the world first, before I reply you.
That education that you get to type this thrash is it from your larubawa people.
Mention what your arabic studies have benefited you in terms of personal and social needs.
Most of world scientists of repute that made major discovery and inventions are mostly Europeans and Americans are they muslims?
Mention that Islamic development that is affecting Nigeria positively.

You lack manners to be mentioning my parents. it shows you don't know the nitty gritty of your religion
Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by obonujoker(m): 7:50pm On Aug 19, 2021
OkCornel:

Lol Holinessforever aka Righteousness2.

The modus operandi is clear, open a disaster related thread with the first moniker, then comment about the end of the world with the other moniker.

This stuff is getting obvious and stale.

All for the likes and shares…

Lol... You've known him.

2 Likes

Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by abbey621(m): 8:26pm On Aug 19, 2021
dettolgel:

First and foremost I was responding to @ Patrioticman007 ( you can go and read his post) whom like most Africans only talked about the involvement of Christian west and all their atrocities towards slaves mostly of Africa origin. My points to him was to paint a picture of the other side " The Arab Muslim" enslavement of Africa even before the Christian west set foot on Sub-Sahara Africa.

Yes, I agree with you that there is a third party to the slave trade debacle, which is Africans.

But three things you need to know before the coming of Christian West and Arab Islam are;

1. The scale of slave trade in Africa was never as huge as it was since the involvement of the Arabs and the Europeans. No Africa nation prior to the coming of these "gangs-of-no-do-good" built its civilization on the back of slaves. In Africa then slaves were owned by the elites mostly and since majority of the population are every day people without slaves, the economy at that time was never depended on slave-hands. Which implies that slavery was not a major part of the system. However, slavery formed the major economy of the west such that even after the abolishment of slave trade, the administration in Netherlands, was reported to have said that without the slaves working in the farms and factories that the economy will collapse. As a results, slaves were freed in paper but where required to work for their owners on salary as free people until the states find a way to get the economy running without relying solely on slave hands. That is removing just like that from the system will bankrupt them. Same thing was said of Northern Nigeria then and some Arab states.

2. The level of atrocities and violence meted out to slaves in both the Arab and Christian world is no where near what African slaves went through in the hand of their masters before the coming of the "gangs-of-no-do-good". At least then within the African enclave slaves are a person of their own, they can marry live within the community but may not be allowed to marry free born. But at least in as much as they are in the servitude of their masters, they still have rights to land, right to do most things in the society apart from marrying the free born. Yes, I have to admit that a times they are also used as sacrifice. However, in the Arab-Islam world for instance that is not the case. In the Arab-Islam world a slave is not his/her own person. The testimony of a slave means nothing and castration of slaves was common to ensure that they are not allowed to reproduce. Secondly, many slaves died in the hand of their masters while crossing the Sahel, if you can work you get killed and if you have a baby the baby also get killed as a warning to other mothers who would want to pretend to be either sick or tired to continue the journey. Same cruel treatment was meted out to slaves by European owners.

3. The worst of it all was that both the European Christian and Arab-Muslim saw it as their God ordained right to enslave blacks.

At least within the African slave trade, no such dangerous journey was embarked on my slaves, slave few of them changed hands between near by community.

Bro, I am not saying that African was never a party to slave trade but what the Arabs and Europeans did in Africa in the name of slave trade is abhorrent, inhuman and devilish. Look up the shit that went down in Mauritania and you will weep for Africa.

It all boils down to this simple concept, if you don't ridicule your family, outsiders will not treat them like garbage. There were European and Asian slaves in Europe long before African slaves but guess what? They decided as a society that their lives were valuable. If Africans had the same value for life then it is possible that the number of slaves that would be sold might have reduced drastically. We can't hold a grudge against the Westerners and absolve our forefathers of the same crime against humanity. For goodness sake, it is still happening today, the government refuses to cater for its people hence the people result to selling themselves to the highest bidder, be it Libya, Italy or in America, it is a vicious cycle that never ends!
Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by Abujaexpress: 8:36pm On Aug 19, 2021
Patrioticman007:
The beginning of the end against the world greatest oppressors is just starting now.

That USA's era as world super power is been challenge by China, not only China takeover as the super but, China interest in Africa, most especially Nigeria, will take the black race to Eldorado of development & technological growth.

That the Europeans have been using Christianity to steal African resources, while the Chinese don't care about religion but business development.
Pictures like this, get us radicalised to Western powers, particularly the United Kingdom. This lady in this picture could be your mother, or grandmother. I weep for this picture embarassed
Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by citadels(f): 8:47pm On Aug 19, 2021
The earth has expired, the King of kings is coming sooner
Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by dettolgel: 9:11pm On Aug 19, 2021
abbey621:

It all boils down to this simple concept, if you don't ridicule your family, outsiders will not treat them like garbage. There were European and Asian slaves in Europe long before African slaves but guess what? They decided as a society that their lives were valuable. If Africans had the same value for life then it is possible that the number of slaves that would be sold might have reduced drastically. We can't hold a grudge against the Westerners and absolve our forefathers of the same crime against humanity. For goodness sake, it is still happening today, the government refuses to cater for its people hence the people result to selling themselves to the highest bidder, be it Libya, Italy or in America, it is a vicious cycle that never ends!

I agree with your points but what I disagree with is you thinking that this is an expression of anger or grudge towards Europeans and Arabs. That is not the case, like I pointed out if we are to understand and examine the involvement of the foreign slave drivers in Africa then the actions of Europeans and Arabs should be given equal treatments. Given both equal treatments entail that the part played by Africans ought to be discussed as well.

To solve a problem means that you have to examine it, understand what caused it that way you are better equipped in not making the same mistake. We have to talk about our past in other to learn from it so as to create a better future.

I agree that if you don't take care of your own outsider will take advantage of it. In the same vein do you agree that having the upper hand is not a moral justification for the enslavement of others?

Moreover, the underlying issues on why the Europeans and Arabs were successful at enslaving Afticans was not as simple as we not being our brother's keeper. Watering it down to that is incorrect and misrepresentation of facts.

I will summarize some of the points you need to consider if possible research it.

1. Africa is one of the most diverse continent with people of different tribes and languages scattered over the continent. Living within their own ethnic smaller groups, this make them easy target to raid and capture. Imagine those days how people in the North or East lived within a small group of people that speaks the same dialect far away from each other.

2. Living in small groups means they lack organised and well structured society like the west. For instance tribes around the Benue river where usually raided by slave traders from the North. They raid this community when they all come out to farm in the open plein near the benue. These communities are so small that they could capture almost all of them in one swoop once they are in the open.

3. Fire power, the Europeans and Arab before coming to Africa had fought wars for centuries and has perfected the act of war. Had modernized soldiers and advanced weapon of their times. With this it was easy to over run most small communities etc.

4. As to why Asia has progressed beyond Africa is more complicated than the Asia waking up one morning and decided to fix their mess. Nevertheless you can find the answerS in geography, spread of diseases, war and longest form of civilizations. That is a story for another day.

Yes in modern day Africa we should endeavor to be our brother's keeper. Yes, Africa should rise to the occasion and take care of its own.
Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by abbey621(m): 9:46pm On Aug 19, 2021
dettolgel:

I agree with your points but what I disagree with is you thinking that this is an expression of anger or grudge towards Europeans and Arabs. That is not the case, like I pointed out if we are to understand and examine the involvement of the foreign slave drivers in Africa then the actions of Europeans and Arabs should be given equal treatments. Given both equal treatments entail that the part played by Africans ought to be discussed as well.

To solve a problem means that you have to examine it, understand what caused it that way you are better equipped in not making the same mistake. We have to talk about our past in other to learn from it so as to create a better future.

I agree that if you don't take care of your own outsider will take advantage of it. In the same vein do you agree that having the upper hand is not a moral justification for the enslavement of others?

Moreover, the underlying issues on why the Europeans and Arabs were successful at enslaving Afticans was not as simple as we not being our brother's keeper. Watering it down to that is incorrect and misrepresentation of facts.

I will summarize some of the points you need to consider if possible research it.

1. Africa is one of the most diverse continent with people of different tribes and languages scattered over the continent. Living within their own ethnic smaller groups, this make them easy target to raid and capture. Imagine those days how people in the North or East lived within a small group of people that speaks the same dialect far away from each other.

2. Living in small groups means they lack organised and well structured society like the west. For instance tribes around the Benue river where usually raided by slave traders from the North. They raid this community when they all come out to farm in the open plein near the benue. These communities are so small that they could capture almost all of them in one swoop once they are in the open.

3. Fire power, the Europeans and Arab before coming to Africa had fought wars for centuries and has perfected the act of war. Had modernized soldiers and advanced weapon of their times. With this it was easy to over run most small communities etc.

4. As to why Asia has progressed beyond Africa is more complicated than the Asia waking up one morning and decided to fix their mess. Nevertheless you can find the answerS in geography, spread of diseases, war and longest form of civilizations. That is a story for another day.

Yes in modern day Africa we should endeavor to be our brother's keeper. Yes, Africa should rise to the occasion and take care of its own.

Yoy have a point but I won't waste time picking apart each bone of contention, I'll rather just focus on the part below:

Moral justification? Slow down there pal, as humans evolve we do away with certain things, no more human rituals, no more genital mutilation etc. Those who took slaves back then did so based on their understanding of the current norms, the moral justification back then differs greatly from what we allow and disallow today. You're lucky to live in times where humanity has evolved beyond killing of twins, lynching of blacks, confininf women to just the kitchen and so on, back then not only was it morally right and it was also legally justified.

My point is simple, we cannot hold people accountable today for what was deemed right in the past. What we can do is move forward and make sure our house/nation/race is so united that no outsider can ever come between us. What we can do is make sure that our brothers and sisters are so evolved that we make the Westerners amazed by our sheer strength and mindset.
Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by Coded78: 11:09pm On Aug 19, 2021
aramidey4u:
Water full Nigeria abeg, make dem come recycle am...We're ready to do business and make money grin
Money money money
Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by goodheart02(m): 11:58pm On Aug 19, 2021
Patrioticman007:
The beginning of the end against the world greatest oppressors is just starting now.

That USA's era as world super power is been challenge by China, not only China takeover as the super but, China interest in Africa, most especially Nigeria, will take the black race to Eldorado of development & technological growth.

That the Europeans have been using Christianity to steal African resources, while the Chinese don't care about religion but business development.

Oga stop talking too much. That's simply effects of climate change and every country is facing their own share. Let's stop being dramatic about everything
Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by NonnyDot(m): 12:04am On Aug 20, 2021
You must an ingrate to humanity and a perpetrator of notion enforcement. If you believe in Virginity, hold it to yourself.
EternalBeing:
Can you see how so happy, indivisible, inseparably bonded and strongly connected this Couple that recently married as Virgins are? Even if you are no more a V, you can encourage the upcoming Generation to make their own coming Era far better, nothing is impossible! Like if you agree that marrying as a Virgin is the best for our World's peace and progress!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u1v2ol9zBU
Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by NonnyDot(m): 12:06am On Aug 20, 2021
Better go and prepare your way to heaven. You will be disgraced at last with science and technology. Everything is not end times
Patrioticman007:

Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by dettolgel: 5:43am On Aug 20, 2021
abbey621:

Yoy have a point but I won't waste time picking apart each bone of contention, I'll rather just focus on the part below:

Moral justification? Slow down there pal, as humans evolve we do away with certain things, no more human rituals, no more genital mutilation etc. Those who took slaves back then did so based on their understanding of the current norms, the moral justification back then differs greatly from what we allow and disallow today. You're lucky to live in times where humanity has evolved beyond killing of twins, lynching of blacks, confininf women to just the kitchen and so on, back then not only was it morally right and it was also legally justified.

My point is simple, we cannot hold people accountable today for what was deemed right in the past. What we can do is move forward and make sure our house/nation/race is so united that no outsider can ever come between us. What we can do is make sure that our brothers and sisters are so evolved that we make the Westerners amazed by our sheer strength and mindset.

Since when does giving a counter points become waste of time? grin
Of course since the points you skillfully avoided did not fall into your agenda.

I agree that society evolve so do morality. If you think we were lucky and that no one holds us a moral justification for their actions as at then. Why then would you impress on us that back then it was our duty and obligation to be our brother's keeper ( a position you wrongly attributed to the success of slave raiding in Africa then)? Wouldnt it be partial and inconsistent on your part to hold these two set of groups ( African and the foreigner) to two different standards back then?

Secondly, the premise of your discussion which you summarised as My point is simple, we cannot hold people accountable today for what was deemed right in the past., is right for a different context but not in this discus since I never argued that they should be held responsible for the ills of the slave trade but that the part played by everyone should be equally discussed ( which you then pointed out that Africans should also be blamed. My mistake was thinking that you understood that the conversation was not an attempt to pass the bulk but to throw light on the involvement of the actors to slave trade).

I think you have mistaken my post for something else. I started out by narrating the involvement of the Arabs on the African slave trade as the other narrated that of the Europeans.

Then in response to your post about Africa involvement, I narrated the scale of European and Arab involvement and why they become successful in raiding Africa.

I have stated by position in my former post and above as well but I will reiterate it here again, I was only pointing out the part played by Arab Islam in the slave trade while the guy that I quoted pointed out the part played by European Christians as well. Please reread the whole conversations again for proper understanding of the issue being discussed and don't confuse issues.

For the record it is erroneously for you think that learning from history is akin to crying over the past. Up till this day the holocaust and events of the world wars are still a part of history lessons in high school. At least I know that for a fact and every now and then I still have related conversation about it with colleagues and they mostly Germans have never seen it as complaint. For them it needs to be talked about and lessons to be learned from it. I have had the liberty to have a lengthy conversation about slave trade in Suriname with a Netherlands man whose family used to own slaves and businesses out there back then. The Netherlands still talk about their involvement in the slave trades and people of the same school of thoughts as yours are trying to rip it off the school curriculum. But thank God for those with foresight, it is still part of the curriculum.

I repeat the idea of discussing the past is for people of the present to understand what happened in the past, why it happened and to not make the same mistake.

How can you learn from your history if you never talked about it?

Show me one prosperous nation that ignored its history and I will show more that ignored it and her paying dearly for it.

NB:
You have been trying hard to steer the conversation into what it is not. If you want a fresh conversion on the consequences of examing colonial era morality and ethics within the modern day context. Please do let me know I can always work out time for such an educated conversation.
Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 20, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
There is heat in California. Wild fires are happening in California. There is drought in California. To stay in Lagos or California. Which will you prefer?

I still prefer California..

Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by naijaboy756: 9:24am On Aug 20, 2021
MrBanner:

It's a fraud, don't fall for it
Okay Thanks
Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by abbey621(m): 3:20pm On Aug 20, 2021
dettolgel:

Since when does giving a counter points become waste of time? grin
Of course since the points you skillfully avoided did not fall into your agenda.

I agree that society evolve so do morality. If you think we were lucky and that no one holds us a moral justification for their actions as at then. Why then would you impress on us that back then it was our duty and obligation to be our brother's keeper ( a position you wrongly attributed to the success of slave raiding in Africa then)? Wouldnt it be partial and inconsistent on your part to hold these two set of groups ( African and the foreigner) to two different standards back then?

Secondly, the premise of your discussion which you summarised as My point is simple, we cannot hold people accountable today for what was deemed right in the past., is right for a different context but not in this discus since I never argued that they should be held responsible for the ills of the slave trade but that the part played by everyone should be equally discussed ( which you then pointed out that Africans should also be blamed. My mistake was thinking that you understood that the conversation was not an attempt to pass the bulk but to throw light on the involvement of the actors to slave trade).

I think you have mistaken my post for something else. I started out by narrating the involvement of the Arabs on the African slave trade as the other narrated that of the Europeans.

Then in response to your post about Africa involvement, I narrated the scale of European and Arab involvement and why they become successful in raiding Africa.

I have stated by position in my former post and above as well but I will reiterate it here again, I was only pointing out the part played by Arab Islam in the slave trade while the guy that I quoted pointed out the part played by European Christians as well. Please reread the whole conversations again for proper understanding of the issue being discussed and don't confuse issues.

For the record it is erroneously for you think that learning from history is akin to crying over the past. Up till this day the holocaust and events of the world wars are still a part of history lessons in high school. At least I know that for a fact and every now and then I still have related conversation about it with colleagues and they mostly Germans have never seen it as complaint. For them it needs to be talked about and lessons to be learned from it. I have had the liberty to have a lengthy conversation about slave trade in Suriname with a Netherlands man whose family used to own slaves and businesses out there back then. The Netherlands still talk about their involvement in the slave trades and people of the same school of thoughts as yours are trying to rip it off the school curriculum. But thank God for those with foresight, it is still part of the curriculum.

I repeat the idea of discussing the past is for people of the present to understand what happened in the past, why it happened and to not make the same mistake.

How can you learn from your history if you never talked about it?

Show me one prosperous nation that ignored its history and I will show more that ignored it and her paying dearly for it.

NB:
You have been trying hard to steer the conversation into what it is not. If you want a fresh conversion on the consequences of examing colonial era morality and ethics within the modern day context. Please do let me know I can always work out time for such an educated conversation.

Once again, I will not entertain a spiral into rhetorical abyss. Your premise is simple and this is a direct quote from your intial comment:

"Until the day Africa starts holding both the Christian west and Islam Arab accountable for their atrocious deeds we will never find full closure.
At least the west are owning up to their involvement in the destruction of Africa but the Arab are still denying the scale of their involvement and are hiding under religion in order not to face the truth".

Arabs denying their involvement? Arabs hiding under religion? It makes no sense at all since Arabs legally stopped importation of African slaves before the rest of Europe and America. You then used one example of the 1970s to justify your point but failed to realize that it contradicted official policy.

Now you try to paint the picture of the holocaust which was in the 20th century where laws and regulations surrounding morality exists to a period of the 1200s to 1800s where it was a jungle and anything goes, we might as well say Europeans were wrong for colonizing America or that Rome was wrong fro its conquests. I understand the need to justify your points using sentiments but dial it down a little. I'm not even against all you r points because you certainly have good ones, I'm just saying, if we did not allow the enemy to infiltrate us, we would not be here looking helplessly, feeling sometype of way about the oppressors. You're right, we must learn from the past but to force or demand that Arabs, Whites and so on, admit their part is a waste of time and energy. I'm just being practical here but I undertsand if you need to be dramatic and hopeful for one El-Dorado happy ending.
Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by dettolgel: 5:40pm On Aug 20, 2021
abbey621:

Once again, I will not entertain a spiral into rhetorical abyss. Your premise is simple and this is a direct quote from your intial comment:

"Until the day Africa starts holding both the Christian west and Islam Arab accountable for their atrocious deeds we will never find full closure.
At least the west are owning up to their involvement in the destruction of Africa but the Arab are still denying the scale of their involvement and are hiding under religion in order not to face the truth".

Arabs denying their involvement? Arabs hiding under religion? It makes no sense at all since Arabs legally stopped importation of African slaves before the rest of Europe and America. You then used one example of the 1970s to justify your point but failed to realize that it contradicted official policy.

Now you try to paint the picture of the holocaust which was in the 20th century where laws and regulations surrounding morality exists to a period of the 1200s to 1800s where it was a jungle and anything goes, we might as well say Europeans were wrong for colonizing America or that Rome was wrong fro its conquests. I understand the need to justify your points using sentiments but dial it down a little. I'm not even against all you r points because you certainly have good ones, I'm just saying, if we did not allow the enemy to infiltrate us, we would not be here looking helplessly, feeling sometype of way about the oppressors. You're right, we must learn from the past but to force or demand that Arabs, Whites and so on, admit their part is a waste of time and energy. I'm just being practical here but I undertsand if you need to be dramatic and hopeful for one El-Dorado happy ending.

I am only going to ask these:

Do you think that at least during the last 50 years towards the ending of slavery that the world was still a jungle where there was no law?

Do you think that as at the time the Sultan of Oman was over thrown that the world was still a lawless place?

Your response above will be an indication if you truly understood the timeline of the major events that lead to the end of slavery or if I have been wasting my time trying to reason you out of your misgivings.

Re: United States Declares First Ever Water Shortage( Pictures, Video) by abbey621(m): 6:06pm On Aug 20, 2021
dettolgel:

I am only going to ask these:

Do you think that at least during the last 50 years towards the ending of slavery that the world was still a jungle where there was no law?

Do you think that as at the time the Sultan of Oman was over thrown that the world was still a lawless place?

Your response above will be an indication if you truly understood the timeline of the major events that lead to the end of slavery or if I have been wasting my time trying to reason you out of your misgivings.

I know what you're trying to do but it won't work, your fixation on Oman is amusing, slavery ended in Europe by 1840 and fully in America by 1870. If your quesrtion is about the 50 years before any of these two dates then yes the world was primarily lawless when it comes to morality and conquests. If your question is more about Oman then we must focus solely on Oman and how their government worked at the time. 50 years before 1970, Oman was autocratic and morality concerning human enslavement was an after thought. It was not until the pressure from Britain and the overthrowing of the Sultan before the country gained its consciousness and morality.

When we talk about slavery globally try to look beyond just one country and region, look at the bigger sample size and tell me you honestly believe the world in the 1800s was more civilized than the 1900s or nowadays.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prince Philip To Join Late Kings And Queens In A 200-Year-Old Iron Vault / Boris Johnson Joins The Police In Raiding A Man's Home At 6am (Pic) / List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.