Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,133 members, 7,849,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:19 AM

Nigerians Are The Real Problem Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are The Real Problem Of Nigeria (220 Views)

"Northern Governors Can See The Location Of Their Real Problem" - Shehu Sani / Obasanjo Is Number One Problem Of Nigeria – Akiolu / "Fayemi’s Victory Shows Nigerians Are Happy With Buhari" – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Are The Real Problem Of Nigeria by Abetterperson: 11:15am On Aug 19, 2021
Good morning my fellow Nigerians,
for some time now I've been trying to figure out what the problem of Nigeria really is and I've come to the conclusion that Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria.
I'll give some reasons of why I think so and feel free to correct me, share your opinion and if you do have a different opinion that's ok.

HYPOCRITES
I don't know why this flies under the radar a lot but Nigerians are huge hypocrite,
Most believe that been a Yahoo boy is not a sin and they should be celebrated because they help the economy but but Street thief's should be killed and persecuted, don't get me wrong I'm in no way trying to justify stealing but I think the same energy that is given to politicians, Street thieves should also be given to Yahoo boys. For some reason they believe that fornication fraud blackmailing and corruption are less of a sin then homosexuality, I know being homosexual is a sin according to religion but so is fraud fornication, blackmailing and corruption but all these are socially acceptable but not being gay.

RELIGION INTOLERANCE
Majority of Nigerians do not tolerate others religion preference, a Christian sees a Muslim as a killer and an extremist, a Muslim sees a Christian as a sinner and unclean. Also for some reasons some Christians believe that the traditional worshippers are enemies of God and should be destroyed for some reason, why can't Nigerians accept the fact that not everyone wants to believe in their religion or even believes in religion at all. Atheists get the worst treatment in Nigeria, because for some reason Nigerians believes that saying that there is no god is worst than corruption, blackmailing and all other sins. We as a nation need to accept that there is beauty in diversity not everyone has the same religious preference as you and that is ok.

CORRUPTION
Nigerians are highly corrupt believing in the short way to success, every one 1 in 3 has been involved in corruption one way or the other, this is now the norm and people are encourage to get rich in other to avoid the law. they make statement like 'the law is only for the poor"
During election people go out in milions to sell the vote.
Even in wace students are encouraged to pay malpractice fee in order to pass, the money is given to them by their parents.

TRIBAL INTOLERANCE
Nigerians have the mentality that if you are not of their tribe you are nobody, a country like Nigeria where diversity of cultures is among the highest in the world. Nigerians need to understand that just like race, nothing apart from your mentality differentiate you from anybody. People of all races, tribe and culture are capable of both Good and evil

I DON'T CARE ATTITUDE
Nigerian are the mentality that unless something is happening that can affect them it doesn't matter. We as a nation needs to be our brother's keeper we need to be able to defend ourselves our people and our culture from greedy politicians, you cannot say that just because your loved one wasn't harmed you cannot come outside and protest because it doesn't concern you. Together we stand

FEAR
For some reasons Nigerians are allowed here to be their friend, being oppressed discriminated today is better than death, we need to realise that some things are Worth dying for, fear is now the new weapon that I used against us, our oppressors know that we are normal them a million to one and the beatitude is that they themselves as scared. So they divide us, they make us believe that it is better to be oppressed than to fight,

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How EFCC Arrested Senator Orji At Abuja Airport / Forme President Olusegun Obasanjo Advice To PDP / ONLGA Boss Meets Akwukwu-igbo PG, Chief Iwegbu, Harps On Community Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.