Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,418 members, 7,819,508 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

I won’t be surprised if bandits register their ‘businesses’: Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I won’t be surprised if bandits register their ‘businesses’: Atiku (678 Views)

I’ll Wipe Out B/haram, Revive Businesses, Atiku Promises Gombe Voters / Deji Adeyanju: If Bandits Kidnap Politicians, Nigerians Won't Have Issues / I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I won’t be surprised if bandits register their ‘businesses’: Atiku by deantimes(m): 1:05pm On Aug 19, 2021
[b]Former vice president Atiku Abubakar says he won’t be surprised if bandits decides to register with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).

Mr Abubakar widely known as Atiku stated this on Thursday while delivering his speech at a national dialogue and public presentation of a book, “Remaking Nigeria: Sixty years, sixty voices” in Abuja.

While lampooning President Muhammadu Buhari and his administration, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain insisted that restructuring was the way forward to right perceived inequality in the country.

He said bandits have been allowed to brazenly operate, turning kidnapping for ransom into a business, as recently asserted by Governor Nasir El-rufai, and won’t be surprised should the criminals register with the CAC.

“We needed to fix Nigeria to avoid sleep-walking our way towards disaster,” the politician eyeing to succeed Mr Buhari in office remarked. “Yes, the Chibok girls had been kidnapped and held in captivity 7 years ago. Yes, conflicts between herders and farmers had been with us before 2016.

”But who would have thought that our country would become a haven for kidnappers and all manner of bandits to the extent that their nefarious activities would become a major industry?

“They have been allowed to operate so openly and brazenly that it would surprise no one if they applied for registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission and listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

“Five years ago, the Abuja – Kaduna Road was not a virtual no-go area. The SouthEast was not a virtual war-zone, and Amotekun was not needed to protect lives and property in the South West.

“These are among the clearest evidence that the issues that were the focal point of the book that brought us here more than five years ago have become even worse.

The calls for restructuring have not been heeded. Constitutional provisions on federal character have been ignored and even symbolic gestures to make all groups feel that they are part of the Nigerian family have been scorned as though they are a sign of weakness.

“As a result, the agitations that turned more groups into “Biafrans” have become even more strident and, in some cases, violent.

"In my view, we must restructure our country in a manner that allows various segments to develop at their own pace and not be held back by the centre or other segments,” he added.[/b]

Source: https://todaypoliticsng.com/i-wont-be-surprised-if-bandits-register-their-business-atiku/

1 Like

Re: I won’t be surprised if bandits register their ‘businesses’: Atiku by BiafraInc: 1:07pm On Aug 19, 2021
Atiku can fool only the zombies. All fulanis including Atiku are the same and are in total support of their violence in nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: I won’t be surprised if bandits register their ‘businesses’: Atiku by Lifeisgoody: 1:09pm On Aug 19, 2021
That can not happen Sir
Re: I won’t be surprised if bandits register their ‘businesses’: Atiku by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:09pm On Aug 19, 2021
deantimes:
Former vice president Atiku Abubakar says he won’t be surprised if bandits decides to register with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
Source: https://todaypoliticsng.com/i-wont-be-surprised-if-bandits-register-their-business-atiku/
grin grin omò nothing fit surprise me for this regime oooooo

FG can ask TWITTER to register their business but cannot ask the bandits/Fulani herdsmen to do the same

Those ones have been operating freely grin cheesy

Buhari, I hail oooooo

1 Like

Re: I won’t be surprised if bandits register their ‘businesses’: Atiku by Karlovych: 1:09pm On Aug 19, 2021
embarassed embarassed embarassed I won't be surprised either, since Sheikh Gumi is allowed to walk free and make demands on behalf of them and other kidnappers I won't be surprised if they are registered under CAC, anything is possible under the dullard

Re: I won’t be surprised if bandits register their ‘businesses’: Atiku by Jostoman: 1:10pm On Aug 19, 2021
When I see atiku and Peter Obi contesting 2019 presidential election I knew that PEACE and UNITY is about to return to Nigeria but the evil people in INEC and this government did not allow the dreams of Nigerians to come true by stolen the mandate given them by Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: I won’t be surprised if bandits register their ‘businesses’: Atiku by SmartPolician: 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2021
For a Fulani man, Atiku Abubakar, to be supporting restructuring, it sounds suspicious because Nigeria's north is the biggest beneficiaries of this dysfunctional system.

No other region has championed restructuring more than the South West. It's a shame that now that they have major stake in central government, Osinbajo is publicly criticizing the same thing they believe in.

The most despicable people in power are those who claim to be men of goodwill but turn blind eyes to things as they go awry.
Re: I won’t be surprised if bandits register their ‘businesses’: Atiku by Perfectbeing(m): 1:30pm On Aug 19, 2021
Atiku should talk from now till next year. He ain't smelling that sit..

1 Like

Re: I won’t be surprised if bandits register their ‘businesses’: Atiku by Abfinest007(m): 1:34pm On Aug 19, 2021
Atiku preaching restructuring with both side of the mouth when he goes to the north he start saying a different thing

1 Like

Re: I won’t be surprised if bandits register their ‘businesses’: Atiku by MICHEALADEX(m): 1:39pm On Aug 19, 2021
The holiest song from politicians is

*RESTRUCTURING*

Even atiku who served for 8years and looted Nigeria now yarning rubbish
Re: I won’t be surprised if bandits register their ‘businesses’: Atiku by Asgard73: 1:54pm On Aug 19, 2021
Atiku has been in corridors of power for long and understand the political dynamics od different Nigeria nations or ethnic group..

He know that Apc is evil and don’t meant well for Nigerians ..he’s investment is here and understands economic matters implications of Buhari Apc..

Nigeria need restructuring ... We need to save this country .. if we want to exist. Or one day we wake and hear that they’ve taken over .
Apc is evil.. this I know and seen.
Re: I won’t be surprised if bandits register their ‘businesses’: Atiku by BigRocky: 2:20pm On Aug 19, 2021
The weyrey wan carry us handicappe..

Birds of same feather.
Re: I won’t be surprised if bandits register their ‘businesses’: Atiku by Ogamysamo: 2:21pm On Aug 19, 2021

CAMPAIGN, CAMPAIGN CAMPAIGN
THE MORE YOU CAMPAIGN THE MORE YOU MUST TRY TO STILL THE HEART OF THE PEOPLE

this must be part of his campaign
Re: I won’t be surprised if bandits register their ‘businesses’: Atiku by Racoon(m): 2:27pm On Aug 19, 2021
“I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria”, God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country”

....The spread of Sharia is ‘’a legal responsibility which God has given us, within the context of one Nigeria to continue to uphold the practice of Sharia whole-heartedly and to educate non-Muslims.

What remains for muslims in Nigeria is for them to redouble their efforts,educate muslims on the need to promote the full implementation of sharia law” Buhari has made his advocacy for sharia clear, those who wish to vote him to power can either accept it or pretend that it does not matter, 

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/insurgency-buharis-call-full-sharia/

Re: I won’t be surprised if bandits register their ‘businesses’: Atiku by Tinubuadvocate: 2:30pm On Aug 19, 2021
Oh really you think we don't know your tactics mr Atiku this gimmick can't work in south .
Re: I won’t be surprised if bandits register their ‘businesses’: Atiku by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 19, 2021
"In my view, we must restructure our country in a manner that allows various segments to develop at their own pace and not be held back by the centre or other segments,” he added.
Re: I won’t be surprised if bandits register their ‘businesses’: Atiku by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 19, 2021
Lifeisgoody:
That can not happen Sir
lt can never happen but bandits are using cooperate account to collect ramsom

It can never happen but their governors have called them business men in north

Wetin remain?
Re: I won’t be surprised if bandits register their ‘businesses’: Atiku by orunto27: 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2021
Good Observation.
Re: I won’t be surprised if bandits register their ‘businesses’: Atiku by CSTRR: 4:52pm On Aug 19, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Oh really you think we don't know your tactics mr Atiku this gimmick can't work in south .
But tinibu's gimmick can work in the South?.
Re: I won’t be surprised if bandits register their ‘businesses’: Atiku by ivolt: 4:58pm On Aug 19, 2021
hmm

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Officer Gunned Down, ‘two Majors’ Kidnapped As Bandits Break Into NDA / VAT: Today, I Signed Into Law The State VAT Bill - Gov Sanwo Olú Of Lagos (Pics) / Full Video:chiwetaleagu Denies The Biafran Uniform As He Explains To Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.