Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3510504 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (2816) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Fourcade(m): 10:47pm On Feb 13, 2015
@Bawss1

One Piece is still running and quite captivating.

I watch anime and read Manga too. tongue
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Sleekshady(f): 1:54am On Feb 14, 2015
Be careful with my heart (Filipino series) I so much love it, I just concluded the season 9, will start season 10 tomorrow.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:51am On Feb 14, 2015
Bawss1:

You and Koice need to watch Death Note. While I will never dare to class it anywhere among the greatest TV shows ever, it is one riverting anime. smiley

I'm not a fan of Manga even as a little boy, thus, I don't see myself watching Dead Note anytime soon.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:01am On Feb 14, 2015
Bawss1:

You an anime person huh? I used to be one myself till... till life happened. Now I find that animes don't hold my interest for long these days. Death Note, Bleach and Naruto are no longer in production right? I've tried to follow Attack on Titan and Rail Gun but no way, can't see where the interest will come from.

The cartoons I watch now though are Archer season 6, Bobs Burgers season 5 and Family Guy season 13. American cartoons are just too funny.

Archer is the only animation series I allow myself the pleasure of watching at the moment. The show's too funny, and to borrow your word, "riverting" to be ignored. Bob's Burgers and Family Guy are too cartoonish for my taste, a major turnoff. I used to follow The Simpsons religiously, but I quit when ideas dried up and the series became too absurd for everyone.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 14, 2015
Bawss1:
So nobody here watches animations or cartoons? undecided >sad

Archer (will wait for season to complete)
The awesomes
Attack on titan
Avatar korra ( when will I watch the four seasons?)
Simpsons
Looking go complete futurama
Cowboy bebop

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phantom(m): 2:09pm On Feb 14, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked...................yup! most definitely a rip-off of FX's "the americans"...BUT this is a solid premiere( suspense all through the 45mins) . remains to be seen if NBC will maintain the "high" all through the season.....easier said than done grin grin grin grin
IMHO,squared off against 'the americans',this one falls waaayy short FOR NOW but i think it holds a lot of promise if this tempo is sustained. infact,i think anyone who watches 'allegiance' first before 'the americans',will fling the latter away after the first 2 episodes.
its basically 'the americans' but with a lot of maggi,salt,onions etc added.. grin grin. i can bet many peeps on nairaland would prefer allegiance to the americans
it has far more negative reviews than positive ones BUT should not be thrown away based on that. i know shows that have had terrible reviews but went on to do really well...e.g empire.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 14, 2015
phantom:
grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked...................yup! most definitely a rip-off of FX's "the americans"...BUT this is a solid premiere( suspense all through the 45mins) . remains to be seen if NBC will maintain the "high" all through the season.....easier said than done grin grin grin grin
IMHO,squared off against 'the americans',this one falls waaayy short FOR NOW but i think it holds a lot of promise if this tempo is sustained. infact,i think anyone who watches 'allegiance' first before 'the americans',will fling the latter away after the first 2 episodes.
its basically 'the americans' but with a lot of maggi,salt,onions etc added.. grin grin. i can bet many peeps on nairaland would prefer allegiance to the americans
it has far more negative reviews than positive ones BUT should not be thrown away based on that. i know shows that have had terrible reviews but went on to do really well...e.g empire.

The Americans had one thing going for it that Allegiance will never have: artistic freedom. You see, The Americans is a cable TV show, so it goes without saying that it is minimally censored and only for Matured audience. Allegiance on the other hand has already been hampered by the inevitable restrictions that Broadcast network shows invariably suffer from. The dialogue is too refined to be natural - no cuss word in sight, and I bet you, you'll never see núdity of any form... ever. I'm already bored from watching Allegiance.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by landuseact: 7:18pm On Feb 14, 2015
koice:

The Americans had one thing going for it that Allegiance will never have: artistic freedom. You see, The Americans is a cable TV show, so it goes without saying that it is minimally censored and only for Matured audience. Allegiance on the other has already been hampered by the inevitable restrictions that Broadcast network shows always suffer. The dialogue is too refined to be natural, No cuss word in sight, and I bet you, you'll never see núdity of any form... ever. I'm already bored from watching Allegiance.
guy you are ministering to me, pls preach it....totally agree woth this assessment.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Tycike: 12:54am On Feb 15, 2015
breaking bad
shameless
the good wife
Homeland
House of card
justified.
game of thrones.
greys Anatomy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Graham123: 6:05am On Feb 15, 2015
koice:

I googled Death Note, and guessed what popped up? A cartoon!shocked Implying that a cartoon or anime or (whatever you call it) was actually better than BB is nothing short of pure Comedy!! grin grin I can't stop laughing. grin grin grin

Breaking Bad is a top show, probably the greatest in the last 5 years, but saying no anime can be better is pushing it. The Simpsons is heads and shoulders above it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 15, 2015
Graham123:

Breaking Bad is a top show, probably the greatest in the last 5 years, but saying no anime can be better is pushing it. The Simpsons is heads and shoulders above it.

The Simpsons better than BB?? Mehn... this is crazy. grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bawss1(m): 11:12am On Feb 15, 2015
koice:

The Simpsons better than BB?? Mehn... this is crazy. grin grin

grin cheesy

Folks had better stop comparing animation shows with adult drama, its almost embarrassing!

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bawss1(m): 11:18am On Feb 15, 2015
Graham123:

Just so people don't get confused, anime refers to Japanese cartoons so The Simpsons cannot be called an anime because its inherently Western.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 15, 2015
Again, Banshee didn't disappoint. Another fantastic episode. At this rate, this Cinemax original series is bound to be a strong contender at this season's Emmy awards.

Currently eyeballing "Web Therapy" season 2.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Graham123: 1:39pm On Feb 15, 2015
Bawss1:

Just so people don't get confused, anime refers to Japanese cartoons so The Simpsons cannot be called an anime because its inherently Western.
Yea, anime is a Japanese cartoon genre. I used it then more broadly and loosely as the general animation genre, that loose usage not so uncommon nowadays. You're right tho.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Fourcade(m): 4:16pm On Feb 15, 2015
Tycike:
breaking bad
shameless
the good wife
Homeland
House of card
justified.
game of thrones.

Nice list you've got here.
These are all shows worth watching if you haven't seen any.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:22am On Feb 16, 2015
Fans of Shameless (US), Guess "Who" showed up? angry

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hyzicbond(m): 8:03am On Feb 16, 2015
koice:
Fans of Shameless (US), Guess "Who" showed up? angry

Spoiler alert*******

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 11:33am On Feb 16, 2015
Bawss1:

You an anime person huh? I used to be one myself till... till life happened. Now I find that animes don't hold my interest for long these days. Death Note, Bleach and Naruto are no longer in production right? I've tried to follow Attack on Titan and Rail Gun but no way, can't see where the interest will come from.

The cartoons I watch now though are Archer season 6, Bobs Burgers season 5 and Family Guy season 13. American cartoons are just too funny.
Archer is another animation I'll lyk to get started on. Don't really lyk Family Guy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 16, 2015
The Newsroom!!! Within 10mins of the 1st episode, I was sold. I could just memorise that rant by Jeff Daniels grin grin grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bawss1(m): 3:39pm On Feb 16, 2015
Kaycee7:
Archer is another animation I'll lyk to get started on. Don't really lyk Family Guy

Archer is mad funny, it's certainly not for the family though as most of it's humour is of an adult nature. Same can be said of Family Guy; when it is not being outrightly offensive - there have been episodes I refused to watch because they were insulting - it can be downright hilarious. There have been many times I have paused FG just so I can laugh properly then resumed watching. Seth MacFarlene is one insane person.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bawss1(m): 3:52pm On Feb 16, 2015
naijababe:
The Newsroom!!! Within 10mins of the 1st episode, I was sold. I could just memorise that rant by Jeff Daniels grin grin grin grin

Wow! I decided to check it out based on Koice's recommendations, I'm currently on the 6th episode. Yeah it's a good show but there have been certain elements of it that I'm not buying at all. I mean the dialogue is witty and intelligent and the issues they deal with when on the news are quite interesting, what I don't believe is how they think it's normal for seemingly intelligent people to squabble about their private affairs in the middle of the office in front of everyone. Those moments made me ask who the hell was writing the story. (Actually did some small research on Aaron Sorkin, the show's creator). Anyway will see how it goes...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 16, 2015
Bawss1:

Wow! I decided to check it out based on Koice's recommendations, I'm currently on the 6th episode. Yeah it's a good show but there have been certain elements of it that I'm not buying at all. I mean the dialogue is witty and intelligent and the issues they deal with when on the news are quite interesting, what I don't believe is how they think it's normal for seemingly intelligent people to squabble about their private affairs in the middle of the office in front of everyone. Those moments made me ask who the hell was writing the story. (Actually did some small research on Aaron Sorkin, the show's creator). Anyway will see how it goes...

Any show that has wit and intelligent dialogue will get my attention even if the plot is far fetched. Case in point, 'House of Cards'.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bawss1(m): 4:04pm On Feb 16, 2015
naijababe:

Any show that has wit and intelligent dialogue will get my attention even if the plot is far fetched. Case in point, 'House of Cards'.

Same here. But House of Cards isn't far fetched na grin all that's needed to make it believable was the broader context of events and they did provide us with that context.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 16, 2015
Bawss1:

Same here. But House of Cards isn't far fetched na grin all that's needed to make it believable was the broader context of events and they did provide us with that context.

It was too easy for Frank, you seriously believe all the political juggernauts they outwwitted in such short time can be thst naive in real life? I think not!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bawss1(m): 4:19pm On Feb 16, 2015
naijababe:

It was too easy for Frank, you seriously believe all the political juggernauts they outwwitted in such short time can be thst naive in real life? I think not!

If anybody came and wanted to tell me a story about a politician who became president without standing for election I would have dismissed the person's story as fantasy and implausible . . . but with the particular series of events that occurred for Frank Underwood to land in the oval office I can buy it.
Besides it not like the Underwoods have outwitted everyone, they have only manipulated certain people so they come out ahead. Their manipulations and successes aren't permanent and it all very obvious they will meet their comeuppance soon. It's all a house of cards.

It's if we were told, or led to believe that their schemings were totally successful that's when I'd say the writers must take us for fools. The so called juggernauts will strike back, let's watch.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 16, 2015
Bawss1:

If anybody came and wanted to tell me a story about a politician who became president without standing for election I would have dismissed the person's story as fantasy and implausible . . . but with the particular series of events that occurred for Frank Underwood to land in the oval office I can buy it.
Besides it not like the Underwoods have outwitted everyone, they have only manipulated certain people so they come out ahead. Their manipulations and successes aren't permanent and it all very obvious they will meet their comeuppance soon. It's all a house of cards.

It's if we were told, or led to believe that their schemings were totally successful that's when I'd say the writers must take us for fools. The so called juggernauts will strike back, let's watch.

It's not impossible but the ease and how quickly it was done is just not possible, but I appreciate that it will make their fall harder. Waiting with bated breath grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 16, 2015
Bawss1:

Actually, it's perfectly normal. Just of recent, an NBC veteran news anchor - Real life version of Daniels - got suspended by the network for 6 months. Why? He lied on air when he shouldn't. Now, you might wonder how such an intelligent man could have put himself in such a comproming position as to be caught with his pants down? One word - Ego. He got caught up in the moment and had to lie to cover up an earlier blunder, and as such unwittingly jeopardizing the intergrity of the News Network.

Ego can make intelligent people do stupid things such as squabbling over personal affairs in public. In the heat of the moment, they all want to have the final word and on and on it goes....

The Newsroom is a solid show, Bawss. Try hard as you may, but I should warn you, you won't be able to find a discernable plothole. grin

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 16, 2015
naijababe:

Mehn... that was epic. He completely snapped. I especially loved how he cut that sophomore down to size for daring to ignorantly if naively proclaim America as the greatest country in the world. Americans are truly arrogant. angry

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bawss1(m): 4:58pm On Feb 16, 2015
grin

I only just started and it's not like I'm watching the show with an eye to spot any discrepancies, nah that's not me. smiley. I enjoy intelligent shows and this looks like a good one, I remember looking up certain words I didn't know after watching it (like fiduciary and addled)

I just hope there are less of those overly dramatic scenes like the Valentine day one where Maggie's flat mate came barging into the office because she was stood up by her colleague Jim. That was unbelievable!

I like that Sloan Sabbith lady though. She's too hot to be a nerd. grin wink

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Fourcade(m): 5:37pm On Feb 16, 2015
Glad to see The Newsroom getting the attention it deserves. smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Fourcade(m): 5:39pm On Feb 16, 2015
koice:

Mehn... that was epic. He completely snapped. I especially loved how he cut that sophomore down to size for daring to ignorantly if naively proclaim America as the greatest country in the world. Americans are truly arrogant. angry

You will be suprised later on to see who the greater fool is! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (2816) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.