Stats: 3,155,812 members, 7,827,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2816) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3537395 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2813) (2814) (2815) (2816) (2817) (2818) (2819) ... (2824) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Cousin9999: 5:45pm On Apr 28
The Gold (twisty, interesting drama, second season should be good)
Drama series inspired by true events surrounding the 1983 Brink's-Mat robbery, and the remarkable story that followed.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14063678/

Mr. Bates vs The Post Office (truly messed up what they did to mainly a lot of elderly people, and it seems like it's only because of this drama that they've started to really try to make it right)
One of the greatest miscarriages of justice in British legal history where hundreds of innocent sub-postmasters and postmistresses were wrongly accused of theft, fraud and false accounting due to a defective IT system.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27867155/

Trigger Point (over the top action)
Drama series following Lana Washington, an experienced bomb disposal officer working for the Metropolitan Police.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11958610/

Undercover (solid drama, explores the life of deep undercover cops)
A lawyer returns to Britain to become the first black Director of Public Prosecutions. She begins to suspect that everything she knew about the man she has been married to for the past 20 years is a lie.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5057932/
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 8:05pm On Apr 28
cao:
Mayfair Witches.

I abandoned this one. I didn't feel it at all compared to the vampire chronicles. Eagerly awaiting s2. I hope s3 and 4 will be the vampire lestat and Queen of the damned.

S2 coming up next month. I'll wait for all episodes before binge watching it.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 4:32am On Apr 29
Fallout season one is a solid 9.5/10 for me.
Many of you will be wondering why i gave this series a 9.5 out of 10.
It is because the series is a revelation of what is currently at play in our world today and it's the future of the world.

Many of you all don't know what the producers are trying to tell through this series, you might be thinking it's just a show, a fiction but no!!! They are telling you their plans for this world through series like this.
There are those families, those people who controls this earth, they dicides how you think, what they teach you in schools, what you eat, what you watch, they literally use remote control to control but you will never know.

They even decide what war is to be fought, they are responsible for world War 1 and 2 and will still be responsible for world War 3.
Why do you think elites like bill gates, mark Zuckerberg and Co are all building an underground vault currently?
What are they preparing for?
What are they hiding from?
Your answer is In this series called "Fallout"

I wish people can see just beyond and truly see how our world is a remote control of the 10% that controls 90% of the world's population.

I can't wait for season 2 of the series, it's a great revelatory watch.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 4:55am On Apr 29
The possibility of shogun season 2 is now taking shape though it's still a 50/50 chance if it will happen or not.

Shogun was too good of a show with wonderful casts to just have one season only, i am already missing the casts of the show and i am sure i am not the only one they left lasting impressions on.

I will say even if the book has ended, a talented team of story writers can turn the season 2 into gold.
More budgets, more captivating plots, plots like Mariko didn't die.
We didn't see her dead body and we didn't even see her burial ceremony.

They could bring plots in season 2 that will get us all on our feets.
Plots like the heir is assassinated like Geofry in the games of thrones so the mom became the queen and the most powerful like cercie of kings landing.
There Is still the catholics and it's Portuguese armies vs The British armies.
Shogun is too vast to just end in season 1.
They could even extend it to involve the queen of England, the government of Portugal and Rome all fighting to gain control of Japan.

I just wish HBO can take over and turn this into one of the greatest shows ever.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dybala11(m): 7:15am On Apr 29
NeoWanZaeed:

If you don't like rebel moon... That's your problem o grin

I placed a premium value on Rebel Moon 2 and ended up getting disappointed. As for me sha o, Rebel Moon has little to no rewatch value. ZS could have done better jor.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 1:46pm On Apr 29
OhBritannia:
I understand your point.
I am just saying that networks like HBO could have stretched the series a little bit to give it more talking points and wonderful scenes like for example, the assassination attempt that mariko took her life in, they could have made it a little more blockbuster like a proper battle just to add spice to the series.

Even the sex scenes could have been taken extreme with HBO too.
My point is that other networks would have added something more to the series even if it's just going to be season 1.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 2:15pm On Apr 29
OhBritannia:
The possibility of shogun season 2 is now taking shape though it's still a 50/50 chance if it will happen or not.

Shogun was too good of a show with wonderful casts to just have one season only, i am already missing the casts of the show and i am sure i am not the only one they left lasting impressions on.

I will say even if the book has ended, a talented team of story writers can turn the season 2 into gold.
More budgets, more captivating plots, plots like Mariko didn't die.
We didn't see her dead body and we didn't even see her burial ceremony.

They could bring plots in season 2 that will get us all on our feets.
Plots like the heir is assassinated like Geofry in the games of thrones so the mom became the queen and the most powerful like cercie of kings landing.
There Is still the catholics and it's Portuguese armies vs The British armies.
Shogun is too vast to just end in season 1.
They could even extend it to involve the queen of England, the government of Portugal and Rome all fighting to gain control of Japan.

I just wish HBO can take over and turn this into one of the greatest shows ever.
"Mariko didn't die una", after that explosion??, no writter, no matter how good, can spin that into a plausible favourable outcome for her.

HBO are even the kings of mini-series and they have a high rep to protect, so i very much doubt they would have extended it beyond the source material, if it aired on their network, it will quite frankly come across as a tad foolish, cuz this your "imaginary more season" could actually run on forever, Fuji-sama didn't go to the covent and married the Anjin, The heir grew up to be a bad leader and Toranaga wedge war on him, Ischido miraculously survived, and plot revenge...you see these silliness can go on and on, to no point really and no end 😩

I know you like the show and all that, but Mann, just let it go at this point fgs, i am sure, there are 100 more good shows to see and obsess over. As for this, it is done, finished, zilt, finito 👍🏿

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by geezyk(m): 2:51pm On Apr 29
armadeo:

I abandoned this one. I didn't feel it at all compared to the vampire chronicles. Eagerly awaiting s2. I hope s3 and 4 will be the vampire lestat and Queen of the damned.

Really? I thought they were yet to wrap up filming for the S2. I was even anticipating late 2024.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 5:44pm On Apr 29
I have never liked redheads, but the waist on Siobhan Roy. Jeeeezzzz.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 5:59pm On Apr 29
I don't know if this is part of the Anime y'all always talk about, but I guess I have officially started my Anime journey with this. 😃 This is an Anime right? <(Blue eye samurai)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crumbian: 6:18pm On Apr 29
Achilles100:

Name of series abeg. Make I check out the aforementioned waist real quick angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Alienist: 6:27pm On Apr 29
The way you guys hyped that SHOGUN series sha. Only for it to have that mid ending. Na wa.

Anyhow sha, any update on SILO Season 2 and FROM Season 3
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 6:32pm On Apr 29
Alienist:
The way you guys hyped that SHOGUN series sha. Only for it to have that mid ending. Na wa.

Anyhow sha, any update on SILO Season 2 and FROM Season 3
Define mid
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 6:51pm On Apr 29
armadeo:

Same here bruh. Couldn't get past the first two episode for this one before I got bored and didn't continue.

Next month na premium we dey enjoy.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 6:59pm On Apr 29
Achilles100:

Damn shite, this is enough reason to expedite me going back to Succession S2. grin

Not too big a fan of redheads but anytime I see that Siobhan Roy on screen, I dey always pay attention.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 7:07pm On Apr 29
Chibudollar:
I don't know if this is part of the Anime y'all always talk about, but I guess I have officially started my Anime journey with this. 😃 This is an Anime right? <(Blue eye samurai)

Not really an animé. But almost the same thing.

Animé basically means animation in Japan. So all things animated are basically called animé in Japan. Even American or foreign origin animation content are all called animé in Japan.

Although, in the outside world outside Japan, we like to call and identify animé as "animation content specifically from Japan or culturally linked to Japan and it's animation style".

So with that classification one might say "Blue Eye Samurai" ain't really "anime". Still, doesn't mean much, animation is animation anywhere in the world. And the Japanese have mighty respect for the animation medium.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 7:10pm On Apr 29
Who's watching DC's Dead Boy Detectives?? Out on Netflix for the month. For those who liked The Sandman, it's set in the same universe being a product from the same writer, Neil Gaiman.
If you're familiar with Doom Patrol, you must have come across 'em.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwJmZ2Ekfbc?si=Ym0JivxBbPDyupVV

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:17pm On Apr 29
Chibudollar:

Someone has explained already...

But it's not considered anime even if technically "anime" includes all animation

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 7:37pm On Apr 29
abduleez1:

Not really an animé. But almost the same thing.

Animé basically means animation in Japan. So all things animated are basically called animé in Japan. Even American or foreign origin animation content are all called animé in Japan.

Although, in the outside world outside Japan, we like to call and identify animé as "animation content specifically from Japan or culturally linked to Japan and it's animation style".

So with that classification one might say "Blue Eye Samurai" ain't really "anime". Still, doesn't mean much, animation is animation anywhere in the world. And the Japanese have mighty respect for the animation medium.
thanks for the explanation. Now I get it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 8:53pm On Apr 29
geezyk:
Really? I thought they were yet to wrap up filming for the S2. I was even anticipating late 2024.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wT4QihIavo?si=nFQMI0POQLmX-t3s

May 12th.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 9:22pm On Apr 29
Crumbian:

Name of series abeg. Make I check out the aforementioned waist real quick angry

Succession
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 9:34pm On Apr 29
abduleez1:

Damn shite, this is enough reason to expedite me going back to Succession S2. grin

Not too big a fan of redheads but anytime I see that Siobhan Roy on screen, I dey always pay attention.

Bro, I dey tell you. Na season 2 I dey now sef.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Silentgroper(m): 10:14pm On Apr 29
abduleez1:

hers is nothing compared to that lady in Ted lasso ... The one playing lasso's boss .. the waist on her is mesmerizing cool cool
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:35pm On Apr 29
Silentgroper:
hers is nothing compared to that lady in Ted lasso ... The one playing lasso's boss .. the waist on her is mesmerizing cool cool

Hmmm, I don dey over postpone this Ted Lasso for a long time. Hopefully I'll join this year.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:39pm On Apr 29
armadeo:

May 12th.

Easily one of the best TV shows of 2022.
We resume in May!!
The peak entertainment and storytelling from this show made me quickly lose interesting in Mayfair Witches not matching such uniqueness.

Vampire content seems to be on the renaissance. I remember some years ago Hollywood seem done and averse to the genre with only the Vampire Diaries and Originals universe representing. After that one ended no top widely followed show or movies like them again.

Even werewolf content seems to have brutally suffered.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by geezyk(m): 12:01am On Apr 30
armadeo:

May 12th.
Thought you were talking about the Mayfair Witches.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 8:26am On Apr 30
Silentgroper:

Shame shame shame.........

If you know you know.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Classickj(m): 8:43am On Apr 30
IOXOI:
Red Eye
lovely series.. better than Hijack ( idris alba )
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Classickj(m): 8:45am On Apr 30
cao:
Mayfair Witches.
one of the most useless fantasy series ever... enjoy witches is east end
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Classickj(m): 8:50am On Apr 30
who has seen Parasyte - The Grey
Korea too sabi... it term of horror movies/serie they are the best
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IOXOI: 11:11am On Apr 30
Classickj:
who has seen Parasyte - The Grey
Korea too sabi... it term of horror movies/serie they are the best
Korea currently better than Hollywood

(1) (2) (3) ... (2813) (2814) (2815) (2816) (2817) (2818) (2819) ... (2824) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49