Stats: 3,160,798 members, 7,844,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1574) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3559847 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1571) (1572) (1573) (1574) (1575) (1576) (1577) ... (2829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Matoade: 8:44am On Apr 05, 2020
SperoQuest:
These people arguing with those that don't love money heist, are really wasting their time.

Like seriously, you come on nairaland and waste your precious time arguing with bunch of social psychos in one deep corner or village in Nigeria about a series that was top trending on Twitter all over the world?

Money heist that was the rave of the moment and still the rave of the moment as i write this now.

The same money heist that billions of fans all around the world are now calling for the season 5 even before official announcement.

The same money heist that was talked about on CNN, BBC, EMPRESS NEWS and all major international news outlet all over the world?

The same money heist that was top trending in USA, Europe, Asia and other countries in the America continent.

Go and YouTube, go on social media and see billions of fans all around the world putting on the red signature attire and the face mask.

People are even making videos online putting on their masks.

This is to tell you the high rate of fans the series has.

Apart from the game of thrones.

No series has gathered more rave all over the world than money heist for the past four to five years.
The only series that came close was into the Badlands.

So i wonder why you will waste your time and log into nairaland to argue with a nairalander that calls the series shiitt.

Like seriously, are you not wasting your time?

Like it or hate.
Money heist is one of the best series out there, those that says otherwise, your opinion ends In nairaland.

Well after all Said and done.

I just finished with season 4 and it's 10/10 for me.

Can't wait for season five and let's i forget.

FOR NAIROBI!!!!!
FOR NAIROBI!!!!

The brilliance of the professor is out of the world.
Trending on twitter..... trend didn't even reach 50k and by d next day ,it was gone like it never happened grin grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ibnlawal(m): 8:47am On Apr 05, 2020
Born2Freak:

1. They should have left Rio to die. Himself and Tokyo broke the rules yet again. That is how he got caught.

2. The era of serial bank robbery is dead. Most bank jobs are single attacks. Modern technology and investigations make it easy to catch physical criminals. Once you rob a bank, you become a fugitive- a wanted criminal.

3. Yahoo is not bank robbery. Bank robbery risks death as one can be immediately shot by police. Bank robbery requires teamwork, efficient planning, efficient time management and efficient execution.

4. Following from point number 2, how would it be possible for fugitives to travel around a modern city like madrid in order to rob the bank of Spain. Madrid has many CCTV cameras around its city. How do a group of wanted criminals get into Spain from other countries in the first place when they would be caught on sight if they use any ports? Just being in Spain is a risk. How would they sign up for a second job knowing this?

5. Just look at heists in real life today. All of them are one-hit jobs.

6. Prison break became rubbish after the escape on season 1 and the evasion in season 2. You can see the drop in ratings from season 3.

7. I am an adult and not a boy. Never tell me to sit down as a result of your ignorance

Prison Break, rubbish? C'mon, ur speculation is getting outta hands.
And its ur type that will be comparing GOT and WITCHER.

Like the guy said; sit down, abeg!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick9(m): 8:48am On Apr 05, 2020
My top Tv Shows I've seen so far at this point :
1)The Americans
2)Game of thrones
Friends
Chuck
Banshee
How I met your mother
The neighborhood
Nothing can ever top this list... personally..
Special mentions to prison break, Barry, The Witcher, The morning show....
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Born2Freak(f): 9:03am On Apr 05, 2020
ibnlawal:

Learn to read properly.

I clearly said that prison break died after season 2. I further mentioned the drop in ratings to back up my point.

You are here now lying that I said that prison breal is rubbish.

I wrote 7 points and you couldn't even read half a point clearly.

Ignorance is a disease.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ibnlawal(m): 9:09am On Apr 05, 2020
Born2Freak:

Learn to read properly.

I clearly said that prison break died after season 2. I further mentioned the drop in ratings to back up my point.

Ignorance is a disease.

Noted! Buh I remember you as a guy masquerading himself as a lady....Your depth of hopelessness and cluelessness is too deep, you are just an insufferable attention seeking boor.

Fvck off and sit down

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Born2Freak(f): 9:14am On Apr 05, 2020
ibnlawal:

Noted! Buh I remember you as a guy masquerading himself as a lady....Your depth of hopelessness and cluelessness is too deep, you are just an insufferable attention seeking boor.

Fvck off and sit down

Truth is bitter eh? ENJOY YOUR PAIN!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hellohgy(m): 9:57am On Apr 05, 2020
Once a movie begins to trend, some set of people will consider them self of higher intellect.

Movie you are suppose to enjoy, you will be saying UNPOPULAR OPINION.

I beg if you enjoy the movie fine, if you don't your wahala.

Funny enough when s5 comes out same set of ppl will download it first.

Bunch of Clowns.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BetWinners(m): 10:21am On Apr 05, 2020
ibnlawal:

The outsider wasn't hyped that much here. Infact, most persons here relegated the show. It's got mixed reaction here
And saying the outsider is awful is incomprehensible. Buh its ur opinion and I respect it.
Fact is THE OUTSIDER is a very good series, not great tho, Buh its way better than THE WITCHER.
The Outsider was hyped on here because all its episodes weren't released at once so anytime a new episde was aired weekly, it would be discussed on here.
The Outsider supernatural plot was horrible.The show was a slog with alot of filler even the cinematography and the actors performances were bland and boring.
HBO gets an F from me for this trainwreck
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BetWinners(m): 10:29am On Apr 05, 2020
Illusioneffect:

Yay!! I just watched Alan Pakula's film "to kill a mockingbird" and the "all the president's men" yesterday and Robert Altman's MASH, but the rest never watched any of their films
All the presidents men is a masterclass in filmmaking.MASH is also good.Let me list a couple of the directors great movies you may likely enjoy:
Alan Pakula-----Klute (1971),Presumed Innocent (1990)
Robert Altman---The Long Goodbye (1973)
John Carpenter---The Thing (1982)
Brian De Palma---Blowout (1980)
Francis Ford Coppola---The Conversation (1974)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CsRockefeller(m): 10:43am On Apr 05, 2020
No one is talking about HTGAWM and how Annalise Keating is about to be framed for murders she didn't commit.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CsRockefeller(m): 10:45am On Apr 05, 2020
Born2Freak:

Learn to read properly.

Ignorance is a disease.

Season 1 was better than Season 2. Season 2 better than Season 3.

Season 3 was just a merry go round, the show did drop so much in quality.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 10:46am On Apr 05, 2020
BetWinners:

The Outsider was hyped on here because all its episodes weren't released at once so anytime a new episde was aired weekly, it would be discussed on here.
The Outsider supernatural plot was horrible.The show was a slog with alot of filler even the cinematography and the actors performances were bland and boring.
HBO gets an F from me for this trainwreck

So the hype for The Outsider was because it was aired weekly?!!!

Actors performance bland?!!

Plot horrible?!!

Okay.

I know I'm not the omniscient when it comes to TV shows, but if you are going to call a show bad, not The Outsider. Can wait for it to get nominated for awards.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BetWinners(m): 10:57am On Apr 05, 2020
Achilles100:

So the hype for The Outsider was because it was aired weekly?!!!

Actors performance bland?!!

Plot horrible?!!

Okay.

I know I'm not the omniscient when it comes to TV shows, but if you are going to call a show bad, not The Outsider. Can wait for it to get nominated for awards.

Episode 4 would be released,viewers would discuss it for 3days,episode 5 would be released people would talk about it for 3days and so on.If it was released in bulk,viewers would discuss it for 5-6days then there would be a null.For the past 2days money heist has been discussed on almost every page on this thread because it was released 2-3days ago.By next week Sunday,the discussion wont be as constant
I can't even think of any memorable character on that cheaply made show.That black womans Dustin Hoffman's rain man schtick didn't work for me and was super annoying
Bland plot,characters,locations,make up,cinematography and costumes
Ain't nobody handing no awards to that slogfest the Outsider cool

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dr7Manhattan: 12:08pm On Apr 05, 2020
Born2Freak:

1. They should have left Rio to die. Himself and Tokyo broke the rules yet again. That is how he got caught.

2. The era of serial bank robbery is dead. Most bank jobs are single attacks. Modern technology and investigations make it easy to catch physical criminals. Once you rob a bank, you become a fugitive- a wanted criminal.

3. Yahoo is not bank robbery. Bank robbery risks death as one can be immediately shot by police. Bank robbery requires teamwork, efficient planning, efficient time management and efficient execution.

4. Following from point number 2, how would it be possible for fugitives to travel around a modern city like madrid in order to rob the bank of Spain. Madrid has many CCTV cameras around its city. How do a group of wanted criminals get into Spain from other countries in the first place when they would be caught on sight if they use any ports? Just being in Spain is a risk. How would they sign up for a second job knowing this?

5. Just look at heists in real life today. All of them are one-hit jobs.

6. Prison break became rubbish after the escape on season 1 and the evasion in season 2. You can see the drop in ratings from season 3.

7. I am an adult and not a boy. Never tell me to sit down as a result of your ignorance

Seem I struck a nerve
Mission accomplished
I could easily reply all your points and sit you on your ass but what's the point
It's your opinion
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dr7Manhattan: 12:13pm On Apr 05, 2020
Matoade:

Trending on twitter..... trend didn't even reach 50k and by d next day ,it was gone like it never happened grin grin grin

Did you actually change your trend location and confirm?
If I talk now

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 12:16pm On Apr 05, 2020
BetWinners:

Episode 4 would be released,viewers would discuss it for 3days,episode 5 would be released people would talk about it for 3days and so on.If it was released in bulk,viewers would discuss it for 5-6days then there would be a null.For the past 2days money heist has been discussed on almost every page on this thread because it was released 2-3days ago.By next week Sunday,the discussion wont be as constant
I can't even think of any memorable character on that cheaply made show.That black womans Dustin Hoffman's rain man schtick didn't work for me and was super annoying
Bland plot,characters,locations,make up,cinematography and costumes
Ain't nobody handing no awards to that slogfest the Outsider

Stop making shit up to justify your dislike.

Just say you don't like slow burns already.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dr7Manhattan: 12:20pm On Apr 05, 2020
DandeNumereuno:

This is so typical of Money Heist fan base lol.

Always quick to get emotional and aggressive whenever someone critique their ridiculous spanish soap opera. grin

Nothing to be emotional about
No series is liked by everybody
I still remember alot of people hated game of thrones too
And I don't even watch non English movies or series
Money heist is an exception
I'm a fan, yes
No need to pretend to have a series just to from professional critic
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 12:23pm On Apr 05, 2020
Dr7Manhattan:

If I talk now

Money Heist is a telenovela so it's natural for it to be a huge deal in telenovela loving latin stratosphere of mediterranean Europe and Latin America.

Also, Turks and Middle Eastern countries are also huge telenovela lovers, therefore, it's not far fetched for Money Heist to become a massive hit in that region.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dr7Manhattan: 12:30pm On Apr 05, 2020
Bratking:

Money Heist is a telenovela so it's natural for it to be a huge deal in telenovela loving latin stratosphere of mediterranean Europe and Latin America.

Also, Turks and Middle Eastern countries are also huge telenovela lovers, so it's not far fetched for Money Heist be to a massive hit in that region.

Dude
Give credit where it's due
How many other so called telenovelas are a massive hit like money heist?
You're talking like every one Hits big like that
Series that is gaining game of thrones level noise
It's okay for you not to like it
But don't downplay it's achievements
Not cool.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 12:32pm On Apr 05, 2020
The Terror;

I'm surprised no one is talking about this magnificient horror anthology drama from AMC.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 12:37pm On Apr 05, 2020
Dr7Manhattan:

Dude
Not cool.

Please it's an insult to GoT to compare it to Money Heist.

GoT is universally acclaimed in the sense that it transcended culture and language barriers.

Money Heist however is mostly popular in Spanish and portuguese speaking countries, plus few other countries that have telenovela culture.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Born2Freak(f): 12:38pm On Apr 05, 2020
Dr7Manhattan:

Seem I struck a nerve
Mission accomplished
I could easily reply all your points and sit you on your ass but what's the point
It's your opinion

Lol....you couldn't reply any of my points.

You are just an empty barrel.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BetWinners(m): 12:39pm On Apr 05, 2020
Bratking:

Stop making shit up to justify your dislike

Just say you don't like slow burns already.
The Outsider is a poor quality tv show I would not recommend to any of my enemies cool
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Born2Freak(f): 12:42pm On Apr 05, 2020
Dr7Manhattan:

Dude
Not cool.

See the clown that was even trying to correct me!.

Yes, Money Heist is a hit. But to compare its success to Game of thrones is like comparing Wizkid to Chris Brown. Both are international but on has far more success and money than the other.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jammer777: 12:52pm On Apr 05, 2020
Dr7Manhattan:

Nothing to be emotional about
No series is liked by everybody
I still remember alot of people hated game of thrones too
And I don't even watch non English movies or series
Money heist is an exception
I'm a fan, yes
No need to pretend to have a series just to from professional critic

Professional wannabe critique u meant to say. Stinking disgusting asslicker.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sammycarz(m): 1:21pm On Apr 05, 2020
Is the new episode out

CsRockefeller:
No one is talking about HTGAWM and how Annalise Keating is about to be framed for murders she didn't commit.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CsRockefeller(m): 1:29pm On Apr 05, 2020
sammycarz:
Is the new episode out

Yep
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Beorn: 1:33pm On Apr 05, 2020
ibnlawal:

Read and comprehend. He said Prison Break became rubbish AFTER season 2 and he's right. The ratings dropped from season 3 as they kept dragging the show.

Sometimes, the producers forget to leave when the ovation is high. Money Heist should've ended in season 2. I'm still following it but I know deep within me, that season 3 or 4 should not have been produced.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jammer777: 1:42pm On Apr 05, 2020
Beorn:

Read and comprehend. He said Prison Break became rubbish AFTER season 2 and he's right. The ratings dropped from season 3 as they kept dragging the show.

Sometimes, the producers forget to leave when the ovation is high. Money Heist should've ended in season 2. I'm still following it but I know deep within me, that season 3 or 4 should not have been produced.

True that, S4 was less tactful.

OT: Opinion stated, void of insults and condescending lines. Civility is a virtue.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lovewins: 1:47pm On Apr 05, 2020
In my opinion, the unnecessary critique of Money Heist is unnecessary. It's also shameful that some persons condescendingly describe it as "telenovela" in a bid to shame fans of the show.

First, the series doesn't fit the definition of a telenovela safe it being a Spanish production. A telenovela by definition means:

"Telenovela, Latin American serial drama similar to a soap opera in plot development but having a broader audience and airing during prime time rather than daytime. Telenovelas are characterized by a continuing melodramatic story line and a permanent cast."

Even the best of TV series have plot holes, and many of them are ridiculous. That said, the series has a huge following despite its shortcomings, it's matured to appreciate people's differences. To now come on Nairaland and do a commentary on how a show you supposedly do not watch is "trash" isn't wisdom.

That said, I feel that the show should have ended with the second season, the plot holes for season 3 and 4 is increasingly rediculous. But again, the producers of the shows are business people, they are simply leveraging on the hype to make more shows, and it's working.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Stegomiah: 2:02pm On Apr 05, 2020
kendrick9:
My top Tv Shows I've seen so far at this point :
1)The Americans
2)Game of thrones
Friends
Chuck
Banshee
How I met your mother
Nothing can ever top this list... personally..
Special mentions to prison break, Barry, The Witcher, The morning show....

Can't wait for you to watch breaking bad sha
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Matoade: 2:08pm On Apr 05, 2020
Dr7Manhattan:

If I talk now
I went to Twitter na...d trend wasn't up till 50k.. grin grin and don't lecture me on how to use Twitter

(1) (2) (3) ... (1571) (1572) (1573) (1574) (1575) (1576) (1577) ... (2829) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: smokers and 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67