Stats: 3,160,664 members, 7,844,181 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1575) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3559405 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1572) (1573) (1574) (1575) (1576) (1577) (1578) ... (2829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2020
I truly enjoyed this Professor scene (our TELENOVA) grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Jen96: 2:15pm On Apr 05, 2020
Please where can i download series from? This lockdown is messing with my head
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Born2Freak(f): 2:16pm On Apr 05, 2020
kendrick9:
My top Tv Shows I've seen so far at this point :
1)The Americans
2)Game of thrones
Friends
Chuck
Banshee
How I met your mother
Nothing can ever top this list... personally..
Special mentions to prison break, Barry, The Witcher, The morning show....

You can add the following to the top of your list

-Breaking bad
-Ozark
-Westworld
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by janettee(f): 2:16pm On Apr 05, 2020
trueking:
Money Heist should have ended in season 2, or season 3 and 4 take a completely different form of heist, seasons 3 and 4 feels like a repeat of seasons 1 and 2, just my opinion though.

Ditto smiley.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Stegomiah: 2:16pm On Apr 05, 2020
Matoade:

I went to Twitter na...d trend wasn't up till 50k.. grin grin and don't lecture me on how to use Twitter

I'm not a money heist fan, even though I watched it

But on twitter money heist had over 70k..... Depends on the time you checked
But la casa de papel had over 300k trends
They are both same thing

Part of the hype to me though is the corona virus ish... Nothing to do, boredom and all... Most people are now at home, so it generated more hype

Comparing GOT to money heist is incredibly ridiculous, just check GOT discussion thread on this forum alone... It will clear your doubts

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 2:33pm On Apr 05, 2020
lovewins:
In my opinion, the unnecessary critique of Money Heist is unnecessary. It's also shameful that some persons condescendingly describe it as "telenovela" in a bid to shame fans of the show.

First, the series doesn't fit the definition of a telenovela safe it being a Spanish production. A telenovela by definition means:

"Telenovela, Latin American serial drama similar to a soap opera in plot development but having a broader audience and airing during prime time rather than daytime. Telenovelas are characterized by a continuing melodramatic story line and a permanent cast.".

You've unwittingly described Money Heist to a T.

A BBC review called it a telenovela with guns, another BBC review called it 60% telenovela, 40% thriller.

I agree with both reviews.

Also, no one is shaming anyone. Telenovelas are entertaining.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Poorboy: 2:39pm On Apr 05, 2020
Neimar:
MONEY HEIST

SEE MEN WEN DY WAIT

TWITTER ON FIRE
the airdrop stuff how do I get it bro?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by areson: 2:50pm On Apr 05, 2020
Just finished money heist season 4 and it was pathetic to say the least. Series should have ended with season 2.

We have Palermo who decides to revolt cos Tokyo took charge helping the head of security Gandia to break free (this makes no sense no matter how I try to see it)

Gandia is John wick, the punisher and superman rolled into one. All those shots and man didn't die. Lol. So no one thought to use the governor as leverage to end his supposed madness before it began.

Cheesy dialogues, childish fighting. It was annoying in season one and two but one could argue they just got to know each other.. It was pretty lame how they'd all point guns at each other and throw tantrums at the most minimal things.

The CNI are pretty dumb for guys named central national intelligence. The inconsistent and movement in timelines was bizzare. One moment Marseille is in Algeria, the next he's back in Spain and several other examples.

Nairobi should have died from the sniper shot.

All in all this season was a filler of some sort cos they're back to the beginning again. The heist itself took second place cos all we had was Gandia (John wick) running around causing chaos that shouldn't have existed in the first place for like 4 episodes and Lisbon broken out of jail.

Some would enjoy it. Others wouldn't but this is my honest review as someone who liked the first two seasons and even recommended it to friends. It's just dumb at this point. My two cents.

Happy Palm Sunday

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dr7Manhattan: 2:58pm On Apr 05, 2020
Born2Freak:

Lol....you couldn't reply any of my points.

You are just an empty barrel.

Hehehe
If I do
You'll just come up with more dumb points
Then I'll feel like a fool for indulging you in the first place
I'd rather just leave you to drown in ignorance
No offence ooo
I don't like to insult people
So if I come across like that 4 lines up
I apologise
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dr7Manhattan: 3:02pm On Apr 05, 2020
areson:
Just finished money heist season 4 and it was pathetic to say the least. Series should have ended with season 2.

We have Palermo who decides to revolt cos Tokyo took charge helping the head of security Guendia to break free (this makes no sense my matter how I try to see it)

Guendia is John wick, the punisher and superman rolled into one. All those shots and man didn't die. Lol. So no one thought to use the governor as leverage to end his supposed madness before it began.

Cheesy dialogues, childish fighting. It was annoying in season one and two but one could argue they just got to know each other.. It was pretty lame how they'd all point guns at each other and throw tantrums and the most minimal things.

The CNI are pretty dumb for guys named central national intelligence. The inconsistent and movement in timelines was bizzare. One moment Marseille is in Algeria, the next he's back in Spain and several other examples.

All in all this season was a filler of some sort cos they're back to the beginning again. The heist itself took second place cos all we had was Guendia (John wick) running around causing chaos that shouldn't have existed in the first place for like 4 episodes and Lisbon broken out of jail.

Some would enjoy it. Others wouldn't but this is my honest review as someone who liked the first two seasons and even recommended it to friends. It's just dumb at this point. My two cents.

Happy Palm Sunday

Wow you're so good at tearing movie plots apart
Why haven't you made your series yet?
Honest question
You seem to be so smart
Make your own goddamned series without any plots holes
Let me marvel at your genius

Happy palm Sunday
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by areson: 3:04pm On Apr 05, 2020
Dr7Manhattan:

Wow you're so good at tearing movie plots apart
Why haven't you made your series yet?
Honest question
You seem to be so smart
Make your own goddamned series without any plots holes
Let me marvel at your genius

Happy palm Sunday

I'm not good at tearing anything apart. I dropped my opinion on a series I watched is all. Going by your logic, movie and series critics shouldn't exist. Loosen up bro

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 3:06pm On Apr 05, 2020
Bratking:
The Terror;

I'm surprised no one is talking about this magnificient horror anthology drama from AMC.

Waiting for season 3 bruh cool

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dr7Manhattan: 3:09pm On Apr 05, 2020
areson:

I'm not good at tearing anything apart. I dropped my opinion on a series I watched is all. Going by your logic, movie and series critics shouldn't exist. Loosen up bro

Nah i,should
I'm not trying to attack you
I'm just saying you should make yours
Besides your review wasn't just an opinion
You launched a scathing attack on it
No qualms
I also noticed some irregularities
But I'd rather just enjoy it
Me giving it a bad review won't change the fact that it has millions of fans all over the world
Loosen up bro
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick9(m): 3:10pm On Apr 05, 2020
Born2Freak:

You can add the following to the top of your list

-Breaking bad
-Ozark
-Westworld
I get people love breaking bad but it's not just for me...
-Westworld is on my next list to watch...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by areson: 3:16pm On Apr 05, 2020
Dr7Manhattan:

Nah i,should
I'm not trying to attack you
I'm just saying you should make yours
Besides your review wasn't just an opinion
You launched a scathing attack on it
No qualms
I also noticed some irregularities
But I'd rather just enjoy it
Me giving it a bad review won't change the fact that it has millions of fans all over the world
Loosen up bro

I'm not in the mood to go back and forth. They should have ended when the ovation was highest. Season 4 was pathetic and that's my opinion. We all can't feel the same way. Besides nobody made you a defender of the show and we all can't be writers. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I didn't. Please don't quote me again. Feel free to drop your reviews.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dr7Manhattan: 3:16pm On Apr 05, 2020
Born2Freak:

See the clown that was even trying to correct me!.

Yes, Money Heist is a hit. But to compare its success to Game of thrones is like comparing Wizkid to Chris Brown. Both are international but on has far more success and money than the other.

Clown baawo
You don vex ni
No be fight now
I'm not comparing game of thrones to money heist
I'm not stupid
I changed my location to over 20 countries
And money heist was trending in all of them.
Same thing I did during game of thrones final season
Just letting you it's the only thing that comes close in terms of popularity
And even the gap is very welcome de
Besides game of thrones final season was shit
Lots of things didn't add up
Lot of plot holes
It was extremely disappointing
Argue with your keyboard
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dr7Manhattan: 3:18pm On Apr 05, 2020
areson:

I'm not in the mood to go back and forth. They should have ended when the ovation was highest. Season 4 was pathetic and that's my opinion. We all can't feel the same way. Besides nobody made you a defender of the show and we all can't be writers. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I didn't. Please don't quote me again. Feel free to drop your reviews.

I hurt your feelings
Sorry
I hate back and forth too
But I'll quote you anytime I feel like
It's a public forum
Leave if you don't like it
Peace brother, peace.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ibnlawal(m): 3:22pm On Apr 05, 2020
Beorn:

Read and comprehend. He said Prison Break became rubbish AFTER season 2 and he's right. The ratings dropped from season 3 as they kept dragging the show.

Sometimes, the producers forget to leave when the ovation is high. Money Heist should've ended in season 2. I'm still following it but I know deep within me, that season 3 or 4 should not have been produced.
Some Nairalanders can be damn funny. What's the yardstick for measuring a successful series?
Prison break 3 and the rest have an average rating of 8 on IMDB. Yes! It might drop compared to the recent seasons buh its still a mega success.
Save all these ur movie superiority speech and enjoy what you like.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by janettee(f): 3:27pm On Apr 05, 2020
areson:

We have Palermo who decides to revolt cos Tokyo took charge helping the head of security Guendia to break free (this makes no sense my matter how I try to see it)

Guendia is John wick, the punisher and superman rolled into one. All those shots and man didn't die. Lol. So no one thought to use the governor as leverage to end his supposed madness before it began.

Cheesy dialogues, childish fighting. It was annoying in season one and two but one could argue they just got to know each other.. It was pretty lame how they'd all point guns at each other and throw tantrums and the most minimal things.

All in all this season was a filler of some sort cos they're back to the beginning again. The heist itself took second place cos all we had was Guendia (John wick) running around causing chaos that shouldn't have existed in the first place for like 4 episodes and Lisbon broken out of jail.

Happy Palm Sunday

You said it all, I love the series too but you can't help but notice this S4 is pathetic.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 05, 2020
areson:

Happy Palm Sunday

I feel the same.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Matoade: 3:42pm On Apr 05, 2020
Stegomiah:

I'm not a money heist fan, even though I watched it

But on twitter money heist had over 70k..... Depends on the time you checked
But la casa de papel had over 300k trends
They are both same thing

Part of the hype to me though is the corona virus ish... Nothing to do, boredom and all... Most people are now at home, so it generated more hype

Comparing GOT to money heist is incredibly ridiculous, just check GOT discussion thread on this forum alone... It will clear your doubts
Maybe the time I checked
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Selwin256(m): 3:44pm On Apr 05, 2020
Can somebody recommend a good series to watch?? Biko epp
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Born2Freak(f): 4:07pm On Apr 05, 2020
Dr7Manhattan:

Clown baawo
You don vex ni
No be fight now
I'm not comparing game of thrones to money heist
I'm not stupid
I changed my location to over 20 countries
And money heist was trending in all of them.
Same thing I did during game of thrones final season
Just letting you it's the only thing that comes close in terms of popularity
And even the gap is very welcome de
Besides game of thrones final season was shit
Lots of things didn't add up
Lot of plot holes
It was extremely disappointing
Argue with your keyboard

Game of thrones had 7 good seasons. Your beloved Money Heist is struggling in its 4th season. You must be a clown to mention Game of thrones final season as a point.

Using Twitter as a reference point for popularity is ridiculous. Despite the ridiculousness, GOT outshines money heist.
The petitions against game of thrones season 8 trended for weeks. Your money heist cannot trend past 3 days sef.

I'm just showing you how wide the gap in the two tv shows are.

It is not by quantity (popularity) but by quality. The flash tv show has millions of followers. Just so you know.

There are many more popular and better shows than Money Heist. Even Prison Break at its height was better.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Beorn: 4:08pm On Apr 05, 2020
ibnlawal:

Some Nairalanders can be damn funny. What's the yardstick for measuring a successful series?
Prison break 3 and the rest have an average rating of 8 on IMDB. Yes! It might drop compared to the recent seasons buh its still a mega success.
Save all these ur movie superiority speech and enjoy what you like.

You definitely doesn't know what success means
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Born2Freak(f): 4:08pm On Apr 05, 2020
Dr7Manhattan:

Hehehe
If I do
You'll just come up with more dumb points
Then I'll feel like a fool for indulging you in the first place
I'd rather just leave you to drown in ignorance
No offence ooo
I don't like to insult people
So if I come across like that 4 lines up
I apologise

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by junnyjake(m): 4:22pm On Apr 05, 2020
areson:

Happy Palm Sunday

I watched it too, skipping all those soppy parts.

There were no valid basis for Tokyo taking over Palermo as the leader, none at all.

Like someone said earlier, it's another telenovela with guns.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by junnyjake(m): 4:24pm On Apr 05, 2020
Born2Freak:

Game of thrones had 7 good seasons. Your beloved Money Heist is struggling in its 4th season. You must be a clown to mention Game of thrones final season as a point.

Using Twitter as a reference point for popularity is ridiculous. Despite the ridiculousness, GOT outshines money heist.
The petitions against game of thrones season 8 trended for weeks. Your money heist cannot trend past 3 days sef.

I'm just showing you how wide the gap in the two tv shows are.

It is not by quantity (popularity) but by quality. The flash tv show has millions of followers. Just so you know.

There are many more popular and better shows than Money Heist. Even Prison Break at its height was better.

He's not even mentioning "Billions" and he's bringing money heist in comparison? That's gotta be the joke of the century.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Beorn: 4:29pm On Apr 05, 2020
junnyjake:

There were no valid basis for Tokyo taking over Palermo as the leader, none at all.

This season 4 is annoyingly irritating even though I'm not quitting. The show producers just want to milk the show for the hype it is getting while penning down mediocre plot.

The show will end up just like Prison Break which went from batshit good to dumpster fire. If it's not family issue, it's love issue or relationship problems. Tokyo taking over makes no damn sense. They'd just end the show after season 5 before they ruin it further.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by areson: 4:31pm On Apr 05, 2020
junnyjake:

I skipped a lot too.
Palermo decided to help the enemy too. It was like watching a show for 10year olds
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by janettee(f): 4:53pm On Apr 05, 2020
Selwin256:
Can somebody recommend a good series to watch?? Biko epp

Bates motel.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ibnlawal(m): 4:57pm On Apr 05, 2020
Beorn:

This season 4 is annoyingly irritating even though I'm not quitting. The show producers just want to milk the show for the hype it is getting while penning down mediocre plot.

The show will end up just like Prison Break which went from batshit good to dumpster fire. If it's not family issue, it's love issue or relationship problems. Tokyo taking over makes no damn sense. They'd just end the show after season 5 before they ruin it further.
Hehehe
Can you give us facts and figures....don't just spew bullshit on this platform.

I know Prison Break dropped in ratings season 3 upwards buh its still a hit, financially and other factors considered. Prison Break is up there with some of the best series of all time. Suck that up!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 5:02pm On Apr 05, 2020
...and it is back ✔️

(1) (2) (3) ... (1572) (1573) (1574) (1575) (1576) (1577) (1578) ... (2829) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Alienist

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84