Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3516264 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (2818) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 3:34pm On Nov 16, 2015
Mutaino7:
i actually pity the lady... holmes was calm while ronda was too obsessed with trying to take her out quickly which made her slip up..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84DnVKkBgKM
koice:

Yeah, Holm was calm, patient, systematic and confident, letting her underdog status work in her favor.
Dayum, she got knocked the f**k out. There's a slow mo vine of Ronda getting punched in the face, see me yelling like na me way dey hit for face. Chei! The ripple effect, looking like she was being hit by a freight train or like she was getting some serious g-force. Plus, why didn't Ronda touch gloves? That was a d**k move, not sportsmanlike at all.

Plus, the internet memes are not helping, just saw one with Simba, I'll link it later, after I stop laughing...

UPDATE: Dear Lord, forgive me for laughing...

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ufranklin92(m): 3:42pm On Nov 16, 2015
cao:

If you're a fan of the original film series and a Bruce Campbell fan, then you're golden. If not, you'd just think it's an OTT bloodfest.

ok cool,thanks
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 16, 2015
LMAO grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2015
bykebyke:
LMAO grin grin grin
As usual, the nine-nine killed it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 16, 2015
Although i dont like movies with nudity and sex scenes buh THE AFFAIR is an exception. I like the way the story is told,from both sides perceptions,as is true with all human relations,we experience and remember things differently. If you love psychology and romance,this is for you.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Darey00(m): 10:09pm On Nov 16, 2015
Brooklyn 99

Rosa Diaz: what kind of woman doesnt have an axe?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 1:00am On Nov 17, 2015
Darey00:
Brooklyn 99

Rosa Diaz: what kind of woman doesnt have an axe?
[img]http://1.bp..com/-q5z_Sjt6Rtc/UuHNJKBX23I/AAAAAAAANJk/bjyUv0Bmh8k/s1600/tumblr_mzs96k4AkS1r0q0i3o1_500.gif[/img]
Now, if I can find the gif set with the knife, when Terry said he wasn't scared of her, that they all have the same weapons [since they're cops] and she pulls out the great big knife. Omo, I'll just make a B99 thread of NL...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 3:46am On Nov 17, 2015
Supergirl. Since sleep has failed to catch me...Oh and due to the French attacks they've swapped this week's episode with next week's, because the original episode deals with bombings.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 4:34am On Nov 17, 2015
Blindspot.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 6:01am On Nov 17, 2015
Minority Report. Maybe I'll eventually go to bed...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kurupt01: 6:25am On Nov 17, 2015
Ufranklin92:

are u serious,cos all i need now is a great comedy tv shows

It's crazy funny, you'll like it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 6:47am On Nov 17, 2015
Castle...Nope, still awake.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sirchris4u(m): 6:51am On Nov 17, 2015
cao:
Blindspot.
Blind spot and Quantico my two best new series from by limitless and minority report. blind spot already renewed for season 2
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 17, 2015
You pple should try to watch sense8, a very technical and interesting series
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 17, 2015
cao:
Supergirl. Since sleep has failed to catch me...Oh and due to the French attacks they've swapped this week's episode with next week's, because the original episode deals with bombings.

Supergirl is as generic as Empire ..no creativity.. I gave up on the series after the first episode.. The name is even stüpid & childish. .what the heck is super girl

Try Gotham instead. .
Or newer series- Into the Bad lands/ Ash vs Evil dead

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 17, 2015
sirchris4u:

Blind spot and Quantico my two best new series from by limitless and minority report. blind spot already renewed for season 2

right. .Quantico is also on my list...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 10:25am On Nov 17, 2015
cao:
Blindspot.

nice episode..tho I feel sorry for that agents bf murdered..he was stupid and foolish..after being warned that d case was sensitive,nd felt d need to tail someone who came after d same book...by d way who's d dude that was tailing him also......

rich dotcom is a witty and funny villain
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 11:14am On Nov 17, 2015
mkmyers45:

Usually open subtitles or i use google

VLC player or K-Lite Kodek

PLS EHEN I USE MX PLAYER THERES AN OPTION FOR SUBTITLES BUT I ALWAYS GET SUBS NOT FOUND...HW I GO AM NA..PLS LOL
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 12:50pm On Nov 17, 2015
dubylhover:

nice episode..tho I feel sorry for that agents bf murdered..he was stupid and foolish..after being warned that d case was sensitive,nd felt d need to tail someone who came after d same book...by d way who's d dude that was tailing him also......

rich dotcom is a witty and funny villain
I did not feel sorry for David at all, the guy was annoying me, he kept looking at it like a game. In fact, I was practically chanting for his demise. The guy who was tailing him was sent by Patterson's boss, I'm guessing for the guy's protection. That CIA guy needs to die too, his fidgety ass will jeopardise everything.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 1:07pm On Nov 17, 2015
Classsyalabolas:

Supergirl is as generic as Empire ..no creativity.. I gave up on the series after the first episode.. The name is even stüpid & childish. .what the heck is super girl

Try Gotham instead. .
Or newer series- Into the Bad lands/ Ash vs Evil dead
I already watch Ash vs. Evil Dead. I kinda dropped Gotham for no particular reason. Even Gotham is quite haphazard, their treatment of Barbara, especially in season one, is like they didn't know what to do with her. What happened to Montoya? I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed Fish's OTT though. Anywho, Supergirl is the name we're stuck with because that's the name she was given by her creators eons ago, the same could be said for almost every comic superhero, WTF is Aquaman? Cable, what kind of code name is Cable? Magneto, did they just add an O to the word magnet? See, comic book names might sound cool when we're kids, but to an adult, who reads them for the first time as a grown adult, they sound really silly. Giving up on a show from only watching a pilot is not exactly a strong argument, it's the same as walking out of a film in the first 20 or 42 minutes. The show has potential, and I perfectly understand that it's about the growth of a character, plus I like comic books.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 2:17pm On Nov 17, 2015
cao:

I did not feel sorry for David at all, the guy was annoying me, he kept looking at it like a game. In fact, I was practically chanting for his demise. The guy who was tailing him was sent by Patterson's boss, I'm guessing for the guy's protection. That CIA guy needs to die too, his fidgety ass will jeopardise everything.

yea,David didn't know how serious it was..which CIA guy? d one blackmailing that fbi chick?that guy is just too reckless...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 2:19pm On Nov 17, 2015
dubylhover:

yea,David didn't know how serious it was..which CIA guy? d one blackmailing that fbi chick?that guy is just too reckless...
Yup. How is he in a position of power?!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 2:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
cao:

Yup. How is he in a position of power?!

hes just a typical potrayal of d CIA from what see from films..but he's also strategic and witty if you notice his other dealings,just that this "daylight" has got him paranoid,cos he thought they were only 3 pipo alive who know
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 17, 2015
cao:

I already watch Ash vs. Evil Dead. I kinda dropped Gotham for no particular reason. Even Gotham is quite haphazard, their treatment of Barbara, especially in season one, is like they didn't know what to do with her. What happened to Montoya? I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed Fish's OTT though.

i don't know what happened to Montoya, but i think she moved away to another city with Crispus Allen
why would you drop gotham?when it has just began to gather steam..damn..you are really missing out..
Fish Mooney is so effing charismatic ..i doubt she is dead for real though..after all we saw no body as proof..
Barbara is currently in comatose state..I thought she was one of the good guys in the Batman series. I guess they decided to portray her in another light in Gotham..

[quote author=cao post=40114641]
Anywho, Supergirl is the name we're stuck with because that's the name she was given by her creators eons ago, the same could be said for almost every comic superhero, WTF is Aquaman? Cable, what kind of code name is Cable? Magneto, did they just add an O to the word magnet? See, comic book names might sound cool when we're kids, but to an adult, who reads them for the first time as a grown adult, they sound really silly. Giving up on a show from only watching a pilot is not exactly a strong argument, it's the same as walking out of a film in the first 20 or 42 minutes. The show has potential, and I perfectly understand that it's about the growth of a character, plus I like comic books.

I just feel like I know everything that would happen in the series already...it can't be very different from what we've seen on smallville... I'm not misogynist neither am I anti-feminist, but i also don't fancy super heroes series with a female as the protagonist...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 7:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
Classsyalabolas:
I just feel like I know everything that would happen in the series already...it can't be very different from what we've seen on smallville... I'm not misogynist neither am I anti-feminist, but i also don't fancy super heroes series with a female as the protagonist...
For of us, the only luxury we've gotten for a live action DC female led superhero TV series is Wonder Woman from over 40 years ago, so we take what we're given. The last time they gave us a live action DC female led superhero film was the terrible Supergirl film and that was 31 years ago. The film was not terrible because it was led by a woman, it was terrible because it was written & directed poorly, it's mere coincidence, by men. Maybe if writers stop writing rubbish, we will get better female superheroes. I don't have the energy to talk about the impracticality and uselessness that is WW'S armour, just aim for her legs, fight don end...and that chest plate would kill her quite quickly if she's ever struck.

The same Hollywood that said female led action films don't sell, had to start eating their words when the Hunger Games film happened, that's why they started trying to shove more female led YA adaptations down our throats. Pitch Perfect still fascinates Hollywood executives, that's why we'll probably get sequels until the end of time - it will probably become the new Bring It On. Great now I want to watch Bring It On, The Long Kiss Goodnight & Cutthroat Island. Chei! Hollywood messed up with Geena Davis, she would have been the BAMF go to actress after Sigourney Weaver.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sirchris4u(m): 9:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
[quote author=Classsyalabolas post=40123153][/quote]
Already getting tired of dah super girl, how can super girl fall for James when will know James was actually dead in small ville.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 17, 2015
cao:

For of us, the only luxury we've gotten for a live action DC female led superhero TV series is Wonder Woman from over 40 years ago, so we take what we're given. The last time they gave us a live action DC female led superhero film was the terrible Supergirl film and that was 31 years ago. The film was not terrible because it was led by a woman, it was terrible because it was written & directed poorly, it's mere coincidence, by men. Maybe if writers stop writing rubbish, we will get better female superheroes
The same Hollywood that said female led action films don't sell, had to start eating their words when the Hunger Games film happened

asides from the bad writers sef, female super heroes suck in general.. lol.. they are not exciting to watch jare..It's more believable seeing a heavily muscled man save a crashing plane than watching some skinny female do the same.. no disrespect to the womenfolks but it's so comical & satirical.. ..Hunger Games, resident evil & co that had female protagonists were not super hero movies...

& whoever thought of that Super girl's costume needs to go for a MRI brain scan... A so-called protector of the Universe that's supposed to be combating dangerous super-powered villains from the Phantom Zone, & yet dons a wickity wack outfit. for Christ sake she wears a miniskirt? what the hell? is that meant to seduce her adversaries or what? It's so teenage & dumb cheesy. ..abeg I'd rather patiently wait for the premiering of Prison Break 5...my 10 year old cousin can keep watching Super girl cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 10:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
darkenedrebel:

asides from the bad writers sef, female super heroes suck in general.. lol.. they are not exciting to watch jare..It's more believable seeing a heavily muscled man save a crashing plane than watching some skinny female do the same.. no disrespect to the womenfolks but it's so comical & satirical.. ..Hunger Games, resident evil & co that had female protagonists were not super hero movies...

& whoever thought of that Super girl's costume needs to go for a MRI brain scan... A so-called protector of the Universe that's supposed to be combating dangerous super-powered villains from the Phantom Zone, & yet dons a wickity wack outfit. for Christ sake she wears a miniskirt? what the hell? is that meant to seduce her adversaries or what? It's so teenage & dumb cheesy. ..abeg I'd rather patiently wait for the premiering of Prison Break 5...my 10 year old cousin can keep watching Super girl cheesy
Now, that's just BS. Bruce Lee was not a heavily muscled guy, last time I checked, he's still considered a pinnacle of human strength. If Holly Holm kicked you in the face, you'd sure as hell feel it. Or you'll suddenly become Rambo because you got kicked in the face by a woman? And who made the bad outfit choices for the mainstream female superhero, the men that wrote them and the fanboys that cry wolf anytime they attempt to change these ridiculous outfits - see the fiasco that happened when the New 52 outfit of Wonder Woman that covered her legs, the fanboys acted like they stole their Christmas. They ended up reverting it back. Air your grievances with the (mostly deceased) old men that created them.

Look at Superman, the dude is wearing his pant over full body tights, don't even give me it's wrestling spandax, na pant, he's not exactly faring any better. Classic Aquaman looks like a prime slowpoke. So no "aside from the bad writers", it's the fault of the bad writers and artists who drew them that way. Go and ask those old men why they gave them miniskirts, why Wonder Woman's legs and arms at not protected during battle? Why does the female armour seem to be more about sex appeal, instead of protection. So it's not actually teenage, it's pervy old dudes that created the status quo, and pervy male readers who keep the status quo. So go tell it to the mountain.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 11:43pm On Nov 17, 2015
darkenedrebel:

are you kidding me? Bruce has the most perfect physique ever... He's not too skinny & he's not too buff... do you know of his enormous work ethic & how many miles he runs daily or how many bench presses he did to attain maximum human conditioning & physiology..same with Holly Holm & the rest of the female MMA Fighters ..he/they may not be heavily muscled, but once quick glance at him/them & you can easily tell that he/they are overly fit.. same applies to the likes of Holm... Marion Jones... Serena Williams etc
Melissa Benoist aka super girl looks weak & whenever she does the things she do, it doesn't seem believable .....that's my point

Super girl has more than 3 female writers on board currently... Ali Aldler & co. stop making it seem like the males purposely made it wack..

& it's not just those so-called old perverted men that are too blame for the skimpiness of the costumes...you seem to forget we also have female sketch artists & cartoonists as well..
the idea is nobody wants to see a female superheroine-it is not appealing.. women are soft & aren't built for alacrity-at least that's the stereotypical mindset.. ..but the sketch artists/writers thought what could pull the crowd is if a little bit of sexiness is portrayed....
same with the music industry....

Your point on Supergirl is simply negated by the fact that Supergirl is an alien, her strength, just like her cousin has nothing to do with her body type. Now, if she was supposed to be playing a tough human, then she would obviously be unqualified and unbelievable. You specifically said heavily muscled men, so I mentioned Bruce Lee, who was not heavily muscled, so I called BS on that particular stance, since you only implied that heavily muscled men only make believable superheroes or action stars.

Oh, so because we've more than 3 female writers for Supergirl, it's supposed to negate the fact that the costume that is considered the trademark of Supergirl is not the product of pervy old men, boi staph...then you'll soon tell me that Powergirl's (Supergirl's clone) window on the chest region of her suit was to let her bosom breathe, not as the result of pervy old men. Abeg, no make me laugh. Whether you like to admit it or not, women are usually marketed to appeal to the male gaze in every field. I'll never forget the advert I once saw for a freezer on a billboard on Ikorudo Road (I believe), and a woman was lying on top of it. WTF? How's that going to make want the freezer? You've unwittingly proven my point by your analysis with your "soft and built for alacrity", and last time I checked you were not the spokesman for every human in the world. And your use of the word alacrity doesn't help matters, so you're basically telling me because I'm woman, so I'm built for brisk and cheerful readiness? Check yourself, before you wreck yourself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (2818) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Ajd19, jikins(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.