Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2702) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3547280 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2699) (2700) (2701) (2702) (2703) (2704) (2705) ... (2826) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2023
10 days go to before peak ends

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kachidubem: 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2023
OhBritannia:
March 1st 2024 is the new release date for season 3
Fucck this nighas ...can't they shoot many episodes like at once like walking dead did ....damn...to start waiting till March no easy

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kachidubem: 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2023
I would have loved top boy but ... I don't like British accent in movies
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 6:58pm On Oct 25, 2023
Kachidubem:

Fucck this nighas ...can't they shoot many episodes like at once like walking dead did ....damn...to start waiting till March no easy
Lol it's because 50 cent has other Power projects he must complete too so they have to space the projects.
You know power book Iv force is still ongoing.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 7:00pm On Oct 25, 2023
Kachidubem:
I would have loved top boy but ... I don't like British accent in movies
Hmmm indeed one man's food is another man's poison.
The British accent is my most loved accent especially in series.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CBTxFactor: 8:56pm On Oct 25, 2023
blingxx:
Midnight Mass 8/10

Fall of house of Usher made me love Mike Flanagan works, the things I noticed about this show is

*breaking down the concept of religion and how it's works, how religion came to be, whatever God you worship doesn't matter, human needs the existence of a superior been to coexist.. Most Nigerians are yet to understand life beyond religion sha so this is a story for another day

*How religious brainwash works, or how to form a religious cult.. this show really exposed alot sha
watching currently. After watching TFOTHOU, it's funny to see almost all the same actors again assuming different roles.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kachidubem: 9:00pm On Oct 25, 2023
OhBritannia:
Lol it's because 50 cent has other Power projects he must complete too so they have to space the projects.
You know power book Iv force is still ongoing.
But like seriously, why is BMF not so popular especially here in naija.... like damn... that series is just too dope ... is it bad PR or wat ?

Infact I stumbled upon BMF series , coz I heard Rick ross song BMF was based on a true life event of a drug dealer "Big meech"...that led to me finding about the documentary and the series itself.

So basically, I just stumbled on it by chance ... no one referred me
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kachidubem: 9:02pm On Oct 25, 2023
Someone should recommend me a nice horror movie or series ... my ps plus sub has expired... I need to kill myself with movies till further notice
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:26pm On Oct 25, 2023
oyaskii:
10/10 so far ⚡

HBO Max has dropped a banger 😩💥

If you love the Arcane style and cinematography, then this is right up in your alley ✌️.

Simply stunning so far!

Saw the trailer some days back and I was impressed. Will take a look when I finally have time to watch entertainment this weekend.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:10pm On Oct 25, 2023
blingxx:
Midnight Mass 8/10

Fall of house of Usher made me love Mike Flanagan works, the things I noticed about this show is

*breaking down the concept of religion and how it's works, how religion came to be, whatever God you worship doesn't matter, human needs the existence of a superior been to coexist.. Most Nigerians are yet to understand life beyond religion sha so this is a story for another day

*How religious brainwash works, or how to form a religious cult.. this show really exposed alot sha

This show was mad that year. One of best I've ever seen and probably the best I've watched Netflix ever released.

The show was unmatched!! The dialogue is the best I've seen in a show. The play of words. The religious themes and the subtle and conspicuous messages in between the dialogue was superb.

Anywhere I see Mike Flanagan name like this na must watch ever since Midnight Mass.
I saw his upcoming project yesterday on Twitter and my radar is on lock.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:14pm On Oct 25, 2023
CBTxFactor:
watching currently. After watching TFOTHOU, it's funny to see almost all the same actors again assuming different roles.

Mike Flanagan loves reusing most of his cast of his previous works. It's no surprising seeing some of them reprising new roles.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 1:49am On Oct 26, 2023
Kachidubem:

But like seriously, why is BMF not so popular especially here in naija.... like damn... that series is just too dope ... is it bad PR or wat ?

Infact I stumbled upon BMF series , coz I heard Rick ross song BMF was based on a true life event of a drug dealer "Big meech"...that led to me finding about the documentary and the series itself.

So basically, I just stumbled on it by chance ... no one referred me
I think it's still popular but only amongst fans of the power franchise.
When it aired , the series was quiet popular even in this thread.
You know you watched it late and not when it was being held but all the same , it's still one of my favourites series.

Snoop Dogg's role as a reverend is just dope.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 2:05am On Oct 26, 2023
Holy family is 7/10 for me.

Finally i get to complete this wonderful underated Spanish series.
Series is what we call mystery, it took me up till episode 4 to 5 to fully understand what's going on.
The storyline is one of the most weird but very unique storyline I've seen.

Spanish series and their weird storylines.
Making you to question and ponder about some stuffs in life.

A son's wife couldn't give birth and carry a child because if she does she might die due to complications.

Out of love and pity for the son, the mother offered to be a surrogate Mom and carry the baby for them.

After the birth of the baby, something happened and the son died now the mother of the dead son that acted as a surrogate took the baby and ran away because the baby is the only thing left of his dead son and because she carried the baby for 9 months, they have become so attached.
Now the original mother of the baby is demanding war.

This is one of the weirdest storyline ever and for some weird reasons, i am in support of the woman that act as a surrogate which is the grand mother of the baby.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Faboosuarez(m): 3:09am On Oct 26, 2023
abduleez1:

This show was mad that year. One of best I've ever seen and probably the best I've watched Netflix ever released.

The show was unmatched!! The dialogue is the best I've seen in a show. The play of words. The religious themes and the subtle and conspicuous messages in between the dialogue was superb.

Anywhere I see Mike Flanagan name like this na must watch ever since Midnight Mass.
I saw his upcoming project yesterday on Twitter and my radar is on lock.

And yu know this Kaye siegel Na Mike Flanagan's wife too
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CBTxFactor: 6:33am On Oct 26, 2023
abduleez1:

Mike Flanagan loves reusing most of his cast of his previous works. It's no surprising seeing some of them reprising new roles.
Interesting. After observing them here I can understand why he does.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:00am On Oct 26, 2023
PLUTO Anime is coming to Netflix tomorrow! GET READY! 🔥

The anime is listed for eight 60-minute episodes!

After the masterpiece that was Monster. I can't wait for another anime from the same mangaka

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by mayor1814: 7:22am On Oct 26, 2023
OhBritannia:
Hmmm indeed one man's food is another man's poison.
The British accent is my most loved accent especially in series.

In that Nigerian film, "sista" bisola of BBN really tried with the British accent thing. Never knew she could pull that off.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 9:12am On Oct 26, 2023
⬇️⬇️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 9:33am On Oct 26, 2023
The Disrespect to PPG 😞

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:05am On Oct 26, 2023
Watching The Fall of the House of Usher.

I'm at episode 5 and I'm wondering why TF they have not sent the picture of that woman to all members of the family that avoid her.

How can two people die and the only connection is one weird woman that approached them and you still haven't sent the picture to the rest of the family.

The third one has died now...and they have more and more clear pictures and still won't send it.

Instead they simply just added a security guard to stay outside their houses. TF is this?

Are people this stûpid in real life?
Cos now a Fourth person has been in contact with the same woman for about a week and they don't know...

If they had sent the picture since, they'll know and try to avoid
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 11:21am On Oct 26, 2023
Baddestguyp:

I'm at episode 5 and I'm wondering why TF they have not sent the picture of that woman to all members of the family that avoid her.

How can two people die and the only connection is one weird woman that approached them and you still haven't sent the picture to the rest of the family.

The third one has died now...and they have more and more clear pictures and still won't send it.

Instead they simply just added a security guard to stay outside their houses. TF is this?

Cos now a Fourth person has been in contact with the same woman for about a week and they don't know...

You most likely don't understand the show yet or aren't familiar with the source material because as at episode 5, has anything she has done so far seem like what a "normal human" would do? If No, how will avoiding her help?. and if you are paying close attention, she hasn't actually "killed" any of them yet, it's Karma and their guilty pleasures doing the work, she is just the harbinger.

Maybe see the entire show to gain some form of perspective and clarity.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:53pm On Oct 26, 2023
oyaskii:
You most likely don't understand the show yet or aren't familiar with the source material because as at episode 5, has anything she has done so far seem like what a "normal human" would do? If No, how will avoiding her help?. and if you are paying close attention, she hasn't actually "killed" any of them yet, it's Karma and their guilty pleasures doing the work, she is just the harbinger.

Maybe see the entire show to gain some form of perspective and clarity.
your problem is that you jump to conclusions.

I am paying attention, but you failed to read what I wrote.

Asking me to read the source material is funny. So I must read the source material to acknowledge that some characters are acting stûpid?

It's not about whether she killed them or not. The deaths appear to be accidental/supernatural but the father and his sister have made a connection to her.

She made contact with all 3 siblings just before their deaths. She posed as a guard to a lab when she was not on the list. She has been snapped, captured by cameras etc.

The father and sister have even put out a hit on her cos they traced her to a bartender they met 40 years ago...

They even specifically asked for her eyes to be plucked out and brought to them.

But somehow they did not think to at least warn their remaining kids alive by sending them her pictures?

Yes, they don't wanna talk about that night in 1980 but they don't have to. Just send her pictures and warn them.

That's super obvious.

That doesn't change the fact that the deaths seem supernatural...
But common sense dictates you warn your children to stay off her first.

The Characters not doing that is pure stûpidity that only exists in TV shows but never in real life
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:56pm On Oct 26, 2023
Again, I am not saying the show is bad. I am enjoying it...
But I find it frustrating when characters fail to do something common sense dictates.

People are dying, your only connection is a woman you met 40 years ago. You even put out a hit on her...

But you don't warn the ones alive to stay off her

Make this make sense please.

It doesn't matter if she killed them or not. She's suspicious to you so much that you even put out a hit on her.

But you cannot warn your kids?
As a result, she continues to make contact with the ones alive
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 12:58pm On Oct 26, 2023
Baddestguyp:

You will understand better by and by. grin

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:59pm On Oct 26, 2023
Anyway, continuing my countdown

9 days to go before peak ends...
Still no trailer...wtf

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:01pm On Oct 26, 2023
Achilles100:

You will understand better by and by. grin
what does understanding have to do with the fact that they refused to do the logical thing by sending her pictures?

It's common sense.

Whether or not it prevents their deaths, it doesn't matter...the logical thing to do is to warn them...

Unless they have a reason not to warn their children and they want their kids to die.

Deaths being supernatural doesn't change the fact that they shouldn't do what any reasonable person would do
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 3:13pm On Oct 26, 2023
🎥 The Royal Hotel (2023) = 6/10 ✔️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 3:15pm On Oct 26, 2023
🎥 Mayor Of Kingstown S01-2 (2021-23) = 7.8/10 ✔️ ❤️

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 3:16pm On Oct 26, 2023
🎥 The Exorcist Believer (2023) = 4.8/10

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 3:41pm On Oct 26, 2023
Baddestguyp:
your problem is that you jump to conclusions.

I am paying attention, but you failed to read what I wrote.

Asking me to read the source material is funny. So I must read the source material to acknowledge that some characters are acting stûpid?

It's not about whether she killed them or not. The deaths appear to be accidental/supernatural but the father and his sister have made a connection to her.

She made contact with all 3 siblings just before their deaths. She posed as a guard to a lab when she was not on the list. She has been snapped, captured by cameras etc.

The father and sister have even put out a hit on her cos they traced her to a bartender they met 40 years ago...

They even specifically asked for her eyes to be plucked out and brought to them.

But somehow they did not think to at least warn their remaining kids alive by sending them her pictures?

Yes, they don't wanna talk about that night in 1980 but they don't have to. Just send her pictures and warn them.

That's super obvious.

That doesn't change the fact that the deaths seem supernatural...
But common sense dictates you warn your children to stay off her first.

The Characters not doing that is pure stûpidity that only exists in TV shows but never in real life

Again, You don't understand what you are watching.

From the Edgar Allan Poe book's it was adapted from, "The Raven" was a like punisher for sins, a retribution for an evil committed, it might take days, months, years or even centuries for it to come, but it will surely come.

The "Woman's name" was "Verna" which Mike Flanagan carefully made as an anagram of "The Raven" from the source material. Simply put, why not explicitly stated, "The woman*, is a supernatural entity that simply only exists within the consciousness of the "The Usher Family" and Pym because he is connected to them and shares from their sin, You didn't seem to wonder why she is the same from the pictures through all those centuries ago and didn't age a bit?. So sum up, "She wouldn't show up any camera", more security won't save them either" because she is "karma" and within the laws of the universe, you can't escape it. How will sending them pictures of her, helped? Now why Roderick and Madeline seem to be so sure, that she was the one, they saw at the bar that faithful night, is their conscience pricking them, saying they can't get get away with such heinous crime, without any repercussions, and they eventually just made a deal with "themselves" to live life to the fullest even Karma comes for them, or their children, and Madeline quickly agrees. They even admit to be fuzzy about the event of that night and claimed it didn't happen. All those apparitions that Roderick was seeing were delusions resulting from inherited dementia fueled by years of Ligadone abuse.

Again the ending would have pretty cleared up your concerns but you like to rant.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2023
Repetitive now but we don cast finish 😩🤦🏾‍♂️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 4:49pm On Oct 26, 2023
oyaskii:
Again, You don't understand what you are watching.

From the Edgar Allan Poe book's it was adapted from, "The Raven" was a like punisher for sins, a retribution for an evil committed, it might take days, months, years or even centuries for it to come, but it will surely come.

The "Woman's name" was "Verna" which Mike Flanagan carefully made as an anagram of "The Raven" from the source material. Simply put, why not explicitly stated, "The woman*, is a supernatural entity that simply only exists within the consciousness of the "The Usher Family" and Pym because he is connected to them and shares from their sin, You didn't seem to wonder why she is the same from the pictures through all those centuries ago and didn't age a bit?. So sum up, "She wouldn't show up any camera", more security won't save them either" because she is "karma" and within the laws of the universe, you can't escape it. How will sending them pictures of her, helped? Now why Roderick and Madeline seem to be so sure, that she was the one, they saw at the bar that faithful night, is their conscience pricking them, saying they can't get get away with such heinous crime, without any repercussions, and they eventually just made a deal with "themselves" to live life to the fullest even Karma comes for them, or their children, and Madeline quickly agrees. They even admit to be fuzzy about the event of that night and claimed it didn't happen. All those apparitions that Roderick was seeing were delusions resulting from inherited dementia fueled by years of Ligadone abuse.

Again the ending would have pretty cleared up your concerns but you like to rant.
you again are missing the point.

I'm not saying warning them would change anything. I said it's basic precaution.

As at beginning of Episode 5, where I was when I made that post, they were unsure of what she was.

It's all about perspective. They thought she was a relative of the woman they met 40 years ago. It was at episode 6 they were sure that it's the same person when they saw pictures dating back on 1901

We the viewers know that sending out her pictures wouldn't change anything...
But as at then, the characters did not know that...

This is the part that for some reason you refuse to comprehend...
It is called perspective

At the time of 2 and even 3 deaths, they thought she was someone simply trying to destroy them and they put out a hit for her. I'm talking episode 4 and early episode 5

At that time the rational thing to do was send her pictures to warn them...but they did not and it made absolutely no sense

Your problem is that you are looking at it only from your perspective as a viewer and not as characters...

When watching a movie or a show you are meant to look it things from two perspectives...

1. An independent viewer who has overall knowledge
2. The perspective of characters...

How can you evaluate a character or their choices if you don't look at issues from their perspective?

I'm tired of explaining basic things to you...

The fact is that their actions as characters make no sense...

Yes we as viewers know that there was nothing to be done that would have stopped this...but the characters do not know that...

And that is why the characters have been making awful decisions...

The decision making of these characters have been nothing but utterly stûpid...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2699) (2700) (2701) (2702) (2703) (2704) (2705) ... (2826) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.