Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3515112 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (2818) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 25, 2016
sirchris4u:
So game of throne na magic film self? How a dead person dey come back to life. Got una try oooo.

GoT is real life politics played out in a fantasy setting - emphasis on fantasy. Fantasy entail magic and the likes.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 6:21pm On Apr 25, 2016
GOT cool

the series will never never and ever disappoint

to show how GOOD GOT is
can you imagine an episode without underwood? undecided

an episode without littlefinger is "above average" ( according to some guyz )
now imagine an episode without underwood
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 25, 2016
Catching up on...

- Bates Motel
- Banshee
- Fear The Walking Dead
- Impractical Jokers
- What Would You Do?
- Line Of Duty
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 25, 2016
Singapore1:
GOT cool

the series will never never and ever disappoint

to show how GOOD GOT is
can you imagine an episode without underwood? undecided

an episode without littlefinger is "above average" ( according to some guyz )
now imagine an episode without underwood
Yes..we should imagine an episode of House of Cards without who it is centered on. undecided
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 7:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
bykebyke:

Yes..we should imagine an episode of House of Cards without who it is centered on. undecided
i'm not referring to you o, because i can't fight angry

i just dey on my own nio
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 25, 2016
Singapore1:
i'm not referring to you o, because i can't fight angry

i just dey on my own nio
I hear. grin

Na true say them no show Baelish? grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 7:24pm On Apr 25, 2016
bykebyke:

I hear. grin

Na true say them no show Baelish? grin
undecided
as if you never watch am
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by freecocoa(f): 7:27pm On Apr 25, 2016
koice:

Not if/when I'm drenched in PbO & ZnO! grin grin :
Yea right.grin

Do you watch the magicians?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 25, 2016
Better Call Saul. People don't talk enough about this show. Definitely one of the best new (yes, remains new in my own eyes) shows on TV.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 25, 2016
Singapore1:
undecided
as if you never watch am
I never watch am o..Till July.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 25, 2016
Anyone seen Outlander here? How good? I'm very reluctant to watch Starz shows. Saw a bit of Da Vinci's demons and Power before quitting. Had absolutely no love for them. Seeing Black Sails right now. It's not terrible, just lacks that tinge of seasoning that gets me riveted to shows. What exactly that is? I have no idea.

** Orphan Black is the biggest scam on TV right now, IMO. But I keep downloading weekly anyway because..... Maslany.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 25, 2016
SirChotas:
Anyone seen Outlander here? How good? I'm very reluctant to watch Starz shows. Saw a bit of Da Vinci's demons and Power before quitting. Had absolutely no love for them. Seeing Black Sails right now. It's not terrible, just lacks that tinge of seasoning that gets me riveted to shows. What exactly that is? I have no idea.

** Orphan Black is the biggest scam on TV right now, IMO. But I keep downloading weekly anyway because..... Maslany.
Lmao.grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phantom(m): 8:44pm On Apr 25, 2016
............and TV returns...... wink

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 25, 2016
freecocoa:
Yea right.grin

Do you watch the magicians?

Nah, I'm more into shows with a season long story arcs. There's real depth to the characters, and, the stories unfold beautifully.

You should check out Happy Valley & Broadchurch. They are both cop shows with strong female leads, but non-procedural.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 25, 2016
SirChotas:

Outlander irritates me everytime I see someone watching it. The Scots dialect is grating to the ears - they have the worst regional accents in the whole British isle IMHO - and let's not even talk about the skirts. My God! What an eyesore! Grown men trotting around in skirts without underpants isn't something a sane man would love to visualize in his mind, talk more of watching it on TV... bleck!

Da Vinci's Demons is the sort of show you either like or you don't. It's intelligently written, and educative. I honestly leant a lot watching that show.

Power... meh. I'm with you on that one.

I'm baffled that you have reservations about Black Sails. That show is pure unadulterated X-Rated period drama in the calibre of Spartacus. It has everything that spartacus had, except the plot is even more relevant... and historically correct, more or less.

Orphan Black started brilliantly, but I'm starting to get bored as my awe of Tatiana Maslany acting masterclass gradually starts to wear off.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 25, 2016
SirChotas:
Better Call Saul. People don't talk enough about this show. Definitely one of the best new (yes, remains new in my own eyes) shows on TV.

Better Call Saul is great. I always find myself rooting for the amicable Jimmy, though I knew he's invariably gonna shoot himself in the foot sooner than later.

I think His older brother resentment of him stems from the fact that their dead parents liked him (Jimmy) better than him, Chuck.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iyke1989(m): 9:59pm On Apr 25, 2016
bykebyke:
I can't breath. grin grin grin
I love the part he told them he already cut their pricks and fed it to the tuna in Hus head...that guy cray!! cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 25, 2016
koice:

Outlander irritates me everytime I see someone watching it. The Scots dialect is grating to the ears - they have the worst regional accents in the whole British isle IMHO - and let's not even talk about the skirts. My God! What an eyesore! Grown men trotting around in skirts without underpants isn't something a sane man would love to visualize in his mind, talk more of watching it on TV... bleck!

Da Vinci's Demons is the sort of show you either like or you don't. It's intelligently written, and educative. I honestly leant a lot watching that show.

Power... meh. I'm with you on that one.

I'm baffled that you have reservations about Black Sails. That show is pure unadulterated X-Rated period drama in the calibre of Spartacus. It has everything that spartacus had, except the plot is even more relevant... and historically correct, more or less.

Orphan Black started brilliantly, but I'm starting to get bored as my awe of Tatiana Maslany acting masterclass gradually starts to wear off.

Haha. I see you do not like Outlander based mostly on sentiments. How did you find the plot? May well see the show one day, probably no time soon tho.

I'm sure I would have absolutely loved Da Vinci's demons in my teenage years. I had all the adoration in the world for renaissance men. Especially on reading The Da Vinci code and discovering Dan Brown's works. Remain a fan of Leonardo and the renaissance, but I found the show overly aggrandizing. The man was indeed a genius, but the show missed me with the overaggrandizement. Like, will you please calm the f.uck down? Also not a big fan of modern fiction's [ literature's & the screens'] stereotyping of the smartest people around. The pissing arrogance and snobbishness. The smartest people I know in the current world do not prance around being all round assholes. [Maybe because they understand the ills that behaviour brings, and the need for pragmatism and balance in all things.] But maybe Leonardo da Vinci was really like that, I do not know.

I am unable to find any glaring fault with Black Sails. Not sure why I do not exactly connect with the show. Maybe it's just not the right time for me to watch sha.

See, everyone on Orphan Black's creative team needs to be fired. Those guys totally wasted a potentially fine story.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 25, 2016
koice:

Better Call Saul is great. I always find myself rooting for the amicable Jimmy, though I knew he's invariably gonna shoot himself in the foot sooner than later.

I think His older brother resentment of him stems from the fact that their dead parents liked him (Jimmy) better than him, Chuck.

Mann, It was too easy to hate Chuck. He with his self-righteous annoying nose.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by freecocoa(f): 10:37pm On Apr 25, 2016
koice:

Nah, I'm more into shows with a season long story arcs. There's real depth to the characters, and, the stories unfold beautifully.

You should check out Happy Valley & Broadchurch. They are both cop shows with strong female leads, but non-procedural.
Lol, I like to rack my brain/mind a lot, mystery fascinates me, I was hoping the show would give me a little fix but it didn't show promise, couldn't finish episode 1. I like your kind of shows too but I choose theme though.

I probably will check those out later.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 25, 2016
Okay I'm confused.

The series "Arrested Development" has been on since 2003.How come it has just 4seasons?

Which kind calendar them deh use? grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iyke1989(m): 11:07pm On Apr 25, 2016
grin
bykebyke:
Okay I'm confused.

The series "Arrested Development" has been on since 2003.How come it has just 4seasons?

Mayan calendar turned upside down grin
bykebyke:
Okay I'm confused.

Mayan calendar turned upside down
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sirchris4u(m): 11:14pm On Apr 25, 2016
Arrested development was cancelled in 2006 but netflix picked up for season which premier dis year.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 25, 2016
sirchris4u:
Arrested development was cancelled in 2006 but netflix picked up for season which premier dis year.
Ohh..Well then,there is hope for "The Brink."

Will be picked by another network probably in 2020.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by scampy(m): 12:30am On Apr 26, 2016
I just finished watching Better Call Saul s2 e10
on to Banshee now, s4 episode 1-3.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:20am On Apr 26, 2016
SirChotas:

Haha. I see you do not like Outlander based mostly on sentiments. How did you find the plot? May well see the show one day, probably no time soon tho.

The show's okay plot-wise. It has a bit of sci-fi undertone, but so subtle, you'd miss it entirely if you ain't looking for it. With a gun pointed at my head, one can even extract a grudgingly given approval for the writing, cinematography and delivery.

SirChotas:

I'm sure I would have absolutely loved Da Vinci's demons in my teenage years. I had all the adoration in the world for renaissance men. Especially on reading The Da Vinci code and discovering Dan Brown's works. Remain a fan of Leonardo and the renaissance, but I found the show overly aggrandizing. The man was indeed a genius, but the show missed me with the overaggrandizement. Like, will you please calm the f.uck down? Also not a big fan of modern fiction's [ literature's & the screens'] stereotyping of the smartest people around. The pissing arrogance and snobbishness. The smartest people I know in the current world do not prance around being all round assholes. [Maybe because they understand the ills that behaviour brings, and the need for pragmatism and balance in all things.] But maybe Leonardo da Vinci was really like that, I do not know.

The thing is, the show's too Adult-ish. I'm quite certain an average teen would be put off by the thoughtful dialogue and atmosphere generally.

Da Vinci's Demons appeal owes a lot to it's complex arrogance. The series attempted to present it's titular character, Leonardo Da Vinci as self serving, narcissistic, Machiavellian, kind, ultra-loyal, and selfless in small manageable doses, and... somewhat succeeds! Which is truly a remarkable feat, as the whole concept could have gone up in smoke just as easily.

SirChotas:

I am unable to find any glaring fault with Black Sails. Not sure why I do not exactly connect with the show. Maybe it's just not the right time for me to watch sha.

You need to be patient with the show. Try and get through the first season for it truly opens up at the second installment, and gets even better after that. Black Sails is drugs.

SirChotas: post=45041977
See, everyone on Orphan Black's creative team needs to be fired. Those guys totally wasted a potentially fine story.

Hmm... you may be right. The whole thing is starting to appear monotonous, honestly.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:27am On Apr 26, 2016
freecocoa:
Lol, I like to rack my brain/mind a lot, mystery fascinates me, I was hoping the show would give me a little fix but it didn't show promise, couldn't finish episode 1. I like your kind of shows too but I choose theme though.

I probably will check those out later.

Oh, you'd love them shows if you're into good mystery, especially Broadchurch.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:29am On Apr 26, 2016
Thought Fitzgerald Grant was the most ball-less President ever portrayed on TV.

Then came President Navarro..He is a eunuch. grin grin

Meanwhile. grin grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:37am On Apr 26, 2016
Follow the screenshots.

Tim Robbins is a Legend. grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:38am On Apr 26, 2016
Fück you HBO.
grin grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:39am On Apr 26, 2016
grin grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:43am On Apr 26, 2016
bykebyke:
Okay I'm confused.

AD ran for 3 consecutive seasons on Fox Network between 2003-2006.

Netflix acquired the show in 2013, released the 4th season promptly, and scheduled to drop the 5th season later this year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (2818) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Alienist and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.