Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,153 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) (4454 Views)

Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War / Rise Of Aro Confederacy- Aro - Ibibio Wars 1690 - Founding Of Arochukwu / Rise Of Aro Confederacy- Aro - Ibibio Wars 1690 - Founding Of Arochukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Ofodirinwa: 8:40pm On Aug 20, 2021

1 Like

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by theTranscriber: 8:50pm On Aug 20, 2021
Eboe lies as usual
Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Abohboy: 9:07pm On Aug 20, 2021
theTranscriber:
Eboe lies as usual

How is this a lie how do you think Nsibidi became part of igbo culture?
Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by theTranscriber: 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:

How is this a lie how do you think Nsibidi became part of igbo culture?
ekpe society

Keep to the Kenya thread abeg

This is for mature people wink
Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Abohboy: 9:11pm On Aug 20, 2021
theTranscriber:
ekpe society

Keep to the Kenya thread abeg

This is for mature people wink

Nsibidi started with the Ekoi people it was through conquering others and trading with other lands that it became part of igbo culture and if you didn't know before it was mainly the Aro Igbo that practiced Nsibidi and passed it onto other igbo groups

2 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by theTranscriber: 9:16pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:

Nsibidi started with the Ekoi people it was through conquering others and trading with other lands that it became part of igbo culture and if you didn't know before it was mainly the Aro Igbo that practiced Nsibidi and passed it onto other igbo groups
lies
Nsibidi is not from any Igbo
I don't have no time to argue
Google
Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Abohboy: 9:20pm On Aug 20, 2021
theTranscriber:
lies
Nsibidi is not from any Igbo
I don't have no time to argue
Google

Where did I say Nsibidi is from igbo? I said Arochukwu spread it to other igbo groups after finding out about it through trade and conquest of other lands such as those of the ibibio and ekoi

4 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by theTranscriber: 9:21pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:

Where did I say Nsibidi is from igbo? I said Arochukwu spread it to other igbo groups after finding out about it through trade and conquest of other lands such as those of the ibibio and ekoi
conquest my foot

1 Like

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Abohboy: 9:23pm On Aug 20, 2021
theTranscriber:
conquest my foot

Oh well guess you can't argue effectively anyways there's a reason why the Aro were able to wage war against the british till 1912 but no other people were because they were in terms of Army Strength and Resilience the number 1 in the geographical space of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by theTranscriber: 9:25pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:

Oh well guess you can't argue effectively anyways there's a reason why the Aro were able to wage war against the british till 1912 but no other people were because they were in terms of Army Strength and Resilience the number 1 in the geographical space of Nigeria
lol
As usual
Una no dey taya? grin
The only reason is because you were scattered around
And had no central system
Fake democracy grin

I no wan argue abeg
Go to the Kenyatta thread

4 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by theTranscriber: 9:27pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:

lol
Na God save una say Dan fodio got stopped by Ibadan
Una for dey speak fufulde grin and practice Islam grin
Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 20, 2021
Igbo didn't conquer even a house fly in Congo jungle. All their fight is through back biting and deceit like what they are doing in Nigeria today. You said through conquest but alaigbo is smaller than Oyo State cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Abohboy: 9:30pm On Aug 20, 2021
theTranscriber:
lol
As usual
Una no dey taya? grin
The only reason is because you were scattered around
And had no central system
Fake democracy grin

I no wan argue abeg
Go to the Kenyatta thread

The Aro Igbos had a system when did I talk about ALL igbos i'm talking about a singular group of Igbos it wasn'tall igbo groups that had no kings the Aro for example had Kings but other groups like the Nri Igbos didn't

And I don't understand this onslaught when i've stated things and you can't reply properly this is not an ethnic war my dad is from Delta my mom is from Ogun

My grandmother ( paternal ) is from Anambra I have no beef with the igbos, niger delta people or the yoruba they are all in my bloodline cry and weep i don't care because clearly you're trying to stroke up an ethnic argument rn

6 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 20, 2021
theTranscriber:
lol
Na God save una say Dan fodio got stopped by Ibadan
Una for dey speak fufulde grin and practice Islam grin

Fulani will not even convert them, they use them as laborers. They got lucky their fathers sabi hide for bush.

1 Like

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Abohboy: 9:31pm On Aug 20, 2021
SlyDev:
Igbo didn't conquer even a house fly in Congo jungle. All their fight is through back biting and deceit like what they are doing in Nigeria today. You said through conquest but alaigbo is smaller than Oyo State cheesy

Go and learn about the Ekumeku war the whole land of the yorubas by 1902 was conquered but the Igbos continued resisting till 1912 and this resistance was led by the Aro igbos and Alaigbo ( SE ) DOES NOT occupy ALL the land of the Igbo people, there are the Ukwuani people near my village of Aboh who count as igbos, there are other groups in the northern parts of most delta states

4 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Abohboy: 9:32pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:

Go and learn about the Ekumeku war the whole land of the yorubas by 1902 was conquered but the Igbos continued resisting till 1912 and this resistance was led by the Aro igbos and Alaigbo ( SE ) DOES NOT occupy ALL the land of the Igbo people, there are the Ukwuani people near my village of Aboh who count as igbos, there are other groups in the northern parts of most delta states

Even my mother agrees this and she is a yoruba woman there should be no beef between us we need to unite as one if we want to see progress
Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:

The Aro Igbos had a system when did I talk about ALL igbos i'm talking about a singular group of Igbos it wasn'tall igbo groups that had no kings the Aro for example had Kings but other groups like the Nri Igbos didn't

And I don't understand this onslaught when i've stated things and you can't reply properly this is not an ethnic war my dad is from Delta my mom is from Ogun

My grandmother ( paternal ) is from Anambra I have no beef with the igbos, niger delta people or the yoruba they are all in my bloodline cry and weep i don't care because clearly you're trying to stroke up an ethnic argument rn

All the igbos that have king are related to Bini! Fact! That's why culture of two igbo civilization is not surprising anymore. The closer to Bini and igala igbos were more advanced while others are just primitive and archaic.

2 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by theTranscriber: 9:35pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:

Lol grin
Your brothers say otherwise
They say all Igbos were all "democratic" "Republican" and they keep shouting it in our ears

Are you saying that they are liars? cheesy grin
Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Abohboy: 9:35pm On Aug 20, 2021
SlyDev:

All the igbos that have king are related to Bini! Fact! That's why culture of two igbo civilization is not surprising anymore. The closer to Bini and igala igbos were more advanced while others are just primitive and archaic.

I will have to disagree with this sentiment the Aro Igbos are close to the border with Cameroon and very close to Calabar so a connection with the Bini is unlikely

5 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Abohboy: 9:38pm On Aug 20, 2021
theTranscriber:

Lol grin
Your brothers say otherwise
They say all Igbos were all "democratic" "Republican" and they keep shouting it in our ears

Are you saying that they are liars? cheesy grin

Which one is my brothers? I speak for myself and I speak the truth some Igbo groups had decetralized democracy and others had monarchy along with the democratic system to regulate the king same way Yoruba had Oyo Mesi and Ogboni Society, the Aro who were the most powwrful, violent and warlike of the Igbo people had a King who was regulated by Dibia ( Ogboni equivalent ) and Village Chiefs ( Oyo Mesi Equivalent )
Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by theTranscriber: 9:39pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:

only ijebu fought the British
And Egba after they(Britain) added Abeokuta to Nigeria

We were in a brutal civil war
What did you expect?
Besides
Even the guys that fought were in the end took over grin
Only a fool fights for the sake of fighting
The British were clearly stronger

2 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by BKayy: 9:39pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:

In as much as I don't want to interfere in this useless thread, I want you to know that No part of Igboland had any king before the idiotic white men arrived and imposed one Aboh man on Oraifite in 19th century
What Nri, Arochukwu and Onitsha had were Priests.
They ruled over NOBODY.
most notably is Eze Nri that is always invited for Divination or cleansing in most Northern Igboland communities but after that, he goes back to his shrine.
As for the one of Onitsha, one of his notable trip was at the court of Bini after which he returned with a Bini wife as one of his wives.
Eze Mmụọ= Eze Nri = Eze Chime = Eze Aro doesn't sound similar to you?

5 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by gaetano: 9:40pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:

trade not conquest. We did not conquer our neighbors, conquering thing was never in our nature
Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by theTranscriber: 9:40pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:

Which one is my brothers? I speak for myself and I speak the truth some Igbo groups had decetralized democracy and others had monarchy along with the democratic system to regulate the king same way Yoruba had Oyo Mesi and Ogboni Society, the Aro who were the most powwrful, violent and warlike of the Igbo people had a King who was regulated by Dibia ( Ogboni equivalent ) and Village Chiefs ( Oyo Mesi Equivalent )
your brothers are down in the thread peeping grin
They dare not post grin grin
Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by theTranscriber: 9:41pm On Aug 20, 2021
gaetano:
trade not conquest. We did not conquer our neighbors, conquering thing was never in our nature
but getting conquered was grin
Reno omokri comes to mind grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Abohboy: 9:41pm On Aug 20, 2021
gaetano:

False it was only the Nri that didn't conquer other people the Aro conquered many other lands and waged many wars other wise why would there be awka blacksmiths who were renowned for their sword works for example

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by theTranscriber: 9:42pm On Aug 20, 2021
BKayy:

In as much as I don't want to interfere in this useless thread, I want you to know that No part of Igboland had any king before the idiotic white men arrived and imposed one Aboh man on Oraifite in 19th century
What Nri, Arochukwu and Onitsha has were Priests.
They ruled over NOBODY.
most notably is Eze Nri that is always invited for Divination or cleansing in most Northern Igboland communities but after that, he goes back to his shrine.
As for the one of Onitsha, one of his notable trip was at the court of Bini after which he returned with a Bini wife as one of his wives.
ahohboy
Yes! grin
They are here!

1 Like

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Abohboy: 9:42pm On Aug 20, 2021
BKayy:

What Nri, Arochukwu and Onitsha has were Priests.
They ruled over NOBODY.

WRONG

Some groups had kings and others didnt the Nri didn't have kings the Nsukka didn't have kings but the Aro did

1 Like

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by BKayy: 9:42pm On Aug 20, 2021
gaetano:
Leave them to be fooling themselves here.
We are peaceful people

1 Like

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Abohboy: 9:42pm On Aug 20, 2021
theTranscriber:
ahohboy
Yes! grin
They are here!

These are not my brothers oh, i'm a niger delta boy grin

1 Like

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:

I will have to disagree with this sentiment the Aro Igbos are close to the border with Cameroon and very close to Calabar so a connection with the Bini is unlikely

Who is saying arochukwu are civilised? They just known for raiding people for slaves.

1 Like

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by aribisala0(m): 9:43pm On Aug 20, 2021
Arochukwu is ruled by Akpa kings to this day

Just like Fulani rule in Kano

They sold Eboes as slaves for centuries
and their dynasty is still in charge

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LASG Eyes $60m Investment, As Sanwo-Olu Signs Green Bond Market Agreement / Kanu Is Big, But I Never Knew How Big He Is Until Today / Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.