Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1272888 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by latinahola: 3:35pm On Aug 29, 2021
glidiezel:
Please can someone help me with a detailed list Of what I need to get ready before applying for my Uk study visa
Check page 1

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 29, 2021
latinahola:

Walk-in
Appointments get there just few min to your time

Thank you very much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 3:46pm On Aug 29, 2021
Optimally:

You have to book it while in Nigeria to get the reference number which you will have to fill in your passenger locator form

Man, can I dm you about this stuff

Pretty confusing to me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by tydotbaba(m): 3:48pm On Aug 29, 2021
Co-ask: Please help us answer this question.
Thanks
Someone said it casually when I went for TB but don't know how true it is.
mercauly:
Hello everyone.
Justwise and other wonderful gurus in the forum. Please I need your guidance on my dependant visa application.
I have applied for visa without my dependant and i have gotten a collection mail though waiting for DHL delivery before i can know their decision. I hope its approved.

My question now is:

Can I print out another 28 days statement of my account as POF for my dependant to apply or i must transfer the fund into her account and now count 28 days before she can apply?
Thank you for always.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Sysco600: 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2021
jesudara459:
13 Aug? Standard or Priority?

Standard�

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Optimally: 4:25pm On Aug 29, 2021
hustla:

Man, can I dm you about this stuff

Pretty confusing to me

Ok
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Iyafife: 4:38pm On Aug 29, 2021
OK thanks

Patnuel2015:
Yes you can stay anywhere you want except London.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by aragbaboy: 5:05pm On Aug 29, 2021
latinahola:

Yes someone can help you to write ,the best time to
Write is around 2am so you can do it same day,
Yes you can help dependents to write name
All you need is your barcode number at the top of your checklist page.
You will take number for each dependent and write each barcode

You can go around 2pm if you Don’t want to walk in same day ,then wait till closing time ,the staff will call for writing name for next day walk in,the person will call the remaining walk-in that were unable to do ,then rewrite another name for next day and those around that want to walk-in next day.
Hope this helps

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gegede(m): 5:20pm On Aug 29, 2021
Kenny4smart:

Congratulations, hopefully, we shall see @Sheffied
I’m going to Sheffield Hallam as well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by damton(m): 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2021
cdieli:
Good Morning All,

@justwise and other gurus here is it wise to book Airmoroc instead of BA. I happen to see a cheap flight.

I'd you book Air Maroc then be ready to pay for government supervised quarantine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gegede(m): 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2021
Harleamah:

Sheffield Hallam?
yes and you ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by thaprofit88: 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2021
thaprofit88:
4th of August brethren for standard (Ikeja) any updates?

4th of August brethren updates on my 2 dependents standard application. I eventually sent paid mail on Wednesday. Today at about 12:28pm I received a response that the application has been decided and I should send a follow up mail on the 7th of September if I haven’t received my passport. Well I just tracked and both applications for dependents have moved to VAC as at now.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LadyIE: 5:36pm On Aug 29, 2021
Hi all
I have read page 1 of this thread but need some clarification on POF ( proof of funds)

If School is outside London
2 years masters programme
School fees per year is £15,000
Maintenance for 9 months (1023*9)= £9207

Before visa application

Deposit before CAS = £3000 (remianing 12k which can be paid installementally)

How much should be minimum balance in statement of account?

Maintenance £9207
Tuition balance for 1st year £12 ,000

Total = £21,207

1-Is this value correct?
Or should the balance include the total fees for the 2 years programme?
Should it also include accommodation or is accommodation already considered in the monthly maintenance cost?

2-
If am to submit on 1 November from what date should the minimum balance have been in my account?
Is it 1st or 3rd September to say 30th September?
Also the statement can it be printed 1 day before submission or can be same day as submission?

3- Can one submit multiple accounts statements if part of the money is applicant and a major part from spouse.

4- After student applicant gets visa can the spouse same account used to support student applicant ...but printing out an updated statement?

5- For kids who are USA citizens and plan to apply same time as spouse must we show sufficient funds for them?

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by scobyy2007: 5:44pm On Aug 29, 2021
When you applied, did you have the fund that covered yourself and your dependants? if yes...then you don't need to transfer. Ensure you print a more recent 28-day rule compliant Bank Statement. Chikena

I trust God that yours is positive already!!!

mercauly:
Hello everyone.
Justwise and other wonderful gurus in the forum. Please I need your guidance on my dependant visa application.
I have applied for visa without my dependant and i have gotten a collection mail though waiting for DHL delivery before i can know their decision. I hope its approved.

My question now is:

Can I print out another 28 days statement of my account as POF for my dependant to apply or i must transfer the fund into her account and now count 28 days before she can apply?
Thank you for always.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Netbrina: 5:55pm On Aug 29, 2021
Please is it safe to book Qatar airline?
There is a stop over of 20hrs for the cheapest, can anyone please suggest how to make good use of these hours� at the airport. Thanks for your kind response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by scobyy2007: 6:06pm On Aug 29, 2021
This is an adventure!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Get some books to read
window shop and
you can watch Netflix on your tablet.

Netbrina:
There is a stop over of 20hrs for the cheapest, can anyone please suggest how to make good use of these hours� at the airport. Thanks for your kind response.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 29, 2021
Netbrina:

My flight has a 10-hour stopover.

I read that one can leave the airport, but I'm not certain.

I was thinking it would be good to leave, visit the museum and come back.

In your case, being 20 hours, I know that Qatar usually has very subsidised hotel rooms for their passengers. You might want to explore that, because 20 hours is a long time to be walking around the airport.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Eldersege(m): 6:18pm On Aug 29, 2021
I just received my CAS yesterday after 20days of waiting.

My resumption date is Sept 13th.

I am currently filing the visa application. I am going for PRIORITY.

Gurus in the house, pls I need urgent help on how to speedy things up.

1) what cheaper and faster genuine way can I load dollar card?

2) will I be required to pay for walk-in? How much and is it with cash? Though I don't know what walk-in means.

3) Can I go early to register my information at TLS Ikeja to secure a place against Tuesday even before I conclude my VISA application?
Note: what is delaying submission is that I have not loaded the dollar card I want to apply with.

4) What information do I need to take along to book at TLS?

I will appreciate your urgent response.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Orjforlife: 6:32pm On Aug 29, 2021
Hello everyone, please are there any Ulster university Birmingham students in the house? How was your pre cas interview and did you submit statement of account before getting CAS?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by missuzoma: 6:49pm On Aug 29, 2021
damton:

I'd you book Air Maroc then be ready to pay for government supervised quarantine

I don't think so. Morocco is on the amber list but there are fears the country might suddenly turn red.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by TobyTreasure: 6:55pm On Aug 29, 2021
koonbey:

My flight has a 10-hour stopover.

I read that one can leave the airport, but I'm not certain.

I was thinking it would be good to leave, visit the museum and come back.

In your case, being 20 hours, I know that Qatar usually has very subsidised hotel rooms for their passengers. You might want to explore that, because 20 hours is a long time to be walking around the airport.

They will take you to a hotel and pick you up few hours before your flight.
The hotel might be in the city or at the airport.
No extra charge for that. 20 hours is too much to wait at transit.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by shadlyblinks: 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2021
thaprofit88:

4th of August brethren updates on my 2 dependents standard application. I eventually sent paid mail on Wednesday. Today at about 12:28pm I received a response that the application has been decided and I should send a follow up mail on the 7th of September if I haven’t received my passport. Well I just tracked and both applications for dependents have moved to VAC as at now.

Thank you for this update. I just checked my dependents, it's been moved to VAC. So I will head there tomorrow or Tuesday to pick up

I also did on August 4th,Ikeja. Got mine since two weeks ago and thier was standard.. Thank God

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by harbeytall: 7:08pm On Aug 29, 2021
Please I want to ask a question....
Filling my dependant application form.
Can't find my Ireland refusal form which was a visit visa Nov 2019. Was to go with a musical band but a member was Ban for 5years and others were refused. Please hope this won't affect my own chance of getting my visa.
FYI my partner already have her study visa .

What can I do?
I will surely declare it but hope it won't affect my application form. Thank you and please I need a swift reply .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Vecharry(m): 7:22pm On Aug 29, 2021
TobyTreasure:

They will take you to a hotel and pick you up few hours before your flight.
The hotel might be in the city or at the airport.
No extra charge for that. 20 hours is too much to wait at transit.

Wow. That's nice. How is this arranged
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Maxxyfruit: 7:26pm On Aug 29, 2021
Read the document you attached very well. You can only be exempted from quarantine if you have been vaccinated in some listed countries under some approved agencies.
I have been fully vaccinated and I don't think that I am exempted since Nigeria is not on that list.
izyblaze:
Not true. I’ve seen what I’m looking for, on the UK gov website. If you’re fully vaccinated, you do not need to quarantine, and you don’t have to do the day 8 test.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by senator77: 7:39pm On Aug 29, 2021
My great people in the house, can I use one email account when filling visa application form for my 3 dependants or I should create two different emails acct for the 2 kids.

scobyy2007:
When you applied, did you have the fund that covered yourself and your dependants? if yes...then you don't need to transfer. Ensure you print a more recent 28-day rule compliant Bank Statement. Chikena

I trust God that yours is positive already!!!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Patnuel2015(m): 7:58pm On Aug 29, 2021
You can use the same pof statement as long as it hasn't exceed 31 days since printing, and as long as the fund will cover for the required amount which is your own total and the total for required of your dependent wife

tydotbaba:
Co-ask: Please help us answer this question.
Thanks
Someone said it casually when I went for TB but don't know how true it is.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by thaprofit88: 8:01pm On Aug 29, 2021
shadlyblinks:

Thank you for this update. I just checked my dependents, it's been moved to VAC. So I will head there tomorrow or Tuesday to pick up

I also did on August 4th,Ikeja. Got mine since two weeks ago and thier was standard.. Thank God

Hi5 bro. We waited the wait together
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fificole: 8:32pm On Aug 29, 2021
1) Is wrapping of Luggage allowed in MMA Lagos and how much is it ? - Yes. Did not wrap so not sure.

2) Is Ghana must go ( the grey type) allowed? - Yes it is

3) Can one travel with electronics e.g TV set? - Yes. Must be checked in. However, why not buy from facebook market place/gumtree. (Except you are making a delivery). It counts as one luggage.

DoubleN:
For those who have travelled or who have first hand info.

1) Is wrapping of Luggage allowed in MMA Lagos and how much is it ?

2) Is Ghana must go ( the grey type) allowed?

3) Can one travel with electronics e.g TV set?

4) Has anyone travelled with Emirates Airlines?

Please assist.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fificole: 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2021
Hi,

Endeavor to arrive at the airport early if using Lagos.

- The check-in process is manual and crazy slow
- Boarding passes handwritten, luggage belt not working, suitcases everywhere.
- Payment for any suitcase containing food stuffs is 2,000 and you are issued an official receipt by customs.
- Having printed copies of your passenger locator forms and negative covid test helps move the queue along , if not, it is advisable to have a screenshot saved rather than trying to open your email (an S.O.S)
- You show these documents even at the boarding gate
- Complete Nigeria and UK address behind departure card (the one given alongside boarding pass)

Safe trip.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.