Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,281 members, 7,829,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1272416 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 1Hover1(m): 2:34am On Aug 30, 2021
The end date of his POF (5th of AUG) still falls within 31days of the day he intends to apply (30th of Aug). I believe he can still use it, less there's something else I'm missing.

scobyy2007:
According to info on the UKVI website:

You must have this money for at least 28 consecutive days. The end date of the 28-day period must be within 31 days of the date you apply for your visa.

https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/money

You cant use it. This is because of the obvious reason from the statement above.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 1Hover1(m): 2:58am On Aug 30, 2021
Uk vaccination program (local or overseas) is just a section under being fully vaccinated. Keep reading till you get to "what the UK govt. Considers as fully vaccinated" that is the part that concerns us, and not the UK vaccination program.

Oggg:
when you get to the border show them primary health card as the proof sad

Uk vaccination programme= vaccination done in the UK and not vaccines used by UK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by OrionDigits24: 3:12am On Aug 30, 2021
Good day gurus in the house, please I need guidance on what to do this time of waiting for my Visa, with respect to Covid-19 requirements as I have not been tested nor vaccinated and booking of flight, My school is University of Northampton.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by emmynent(m): 3:21am On Aug 30, 2021
thanks bro. I guess synlab at bodija right?
Hayzead121:
Bodija and oluyole are doing it and they are very legit

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 1Hover1(m): 3:33am On Aug 30, 2021
Not fully true... This is a section that concerns UK, EU and US.
See bro, simply put, you have your full approved vaccination, you can enter the UK after you have done pre-boarding covid-19 test, and also you need a day - 2 test alone, no quarantine, no day 8 test needed. And as you can see from one of my images attached, they recognise the Nigeria National Primary Health Care Card.

I attached some screenshots, even the UK govt tells their own citizen to get vaccinated (with any of the 4 approved Vaccines) where they live abroad and they can come back to do just day 2 testing.
The UK govt generally lifted entry restrictions for fully vaccinated travellers on July 19.

Oggg:
this is the only accepted proof of vaccination.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Vecharry(m): 4:04am On Aug 30, 2021
1. Must your covid test from Nigeria have a barcode? If yes, any recommended hospitals in lagos

2. Is it allowed to have your check-in and hand luggage padlocked?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Vecharry(m): 4:25am On Aug 30, 2021
Flight don cost o, any affordable ones for September travellers or students discount anywhere?

For tickets in dollars e.g qatar airways, how do we pay at good rates or na still aboki?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by bemagnify: 4:25am On Aug 30, 2021
Vecharry:
for police clearance certificate, do I need to go with the original of my passport?

I have checked page one and there is no police clearance certificate mentioned, please is it needed?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by solalal36(m): 4:44am On Aug 30, 2021
Hello, I went to the bank to print my bank statement and only the first and the last pages were stamped. Is this how it's meant to be or all the pages are meant to be stamped?

cc justwise scobyy2007 femtowo and everyone familiar with this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Vecharry(m): 4:55am On Aug 30, 2021
bemagnify:

I have checked page one and there is no police clearance certificate mentioned, please is it needed?

It is only needed to work certain jobs, like health care or teaching in the UK. Not Always compulsory, but some employers will ask for it. It helps you in getting your DBS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Optimally: 5:27am On Aug 30, 2021
Vecharry:
Flight don cost o, any affordable ones for September travellers or students discount anywhere?

For tickets in dollars e.g qatar airways, how do we pay at good rates or na still aboki?
You either use Booking agents like travel start or wakanow or Hold a booking on the Qatar Airways site, then proceed to Qatar Airways stand at the airport to make your payment, they also have Nigerian bank accounts you can pay to, but knowing the naira equivalent to pay is something you may wish to ask their customer service.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 5:36am On Aug 30, 2021
Optimally:

Ok

Sent you a PM
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Callmed: 5:44am On Aug 30, 2021
Vecharry:

It is only needed to work certain jobs, like health care or teaching in the UK. Not Always compulsory, but some employers will ask for it. It helps you in getting your DBS
hi, what is the full meaning of DBS please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 5:51am On Aug 30, 2021
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by akinezzy(m): 6:32am On Aug 30, 2021
This information here is subject to interpretation, i have a NPHCC card that shows i am fully vaccinated; but if one gets to the point of entering and then denied won't be funny as a result of the Officer interpretation of the rule. Staying in isolation for 10 days won't be funny , if i should be out on the 2nd date.

We need someone to make enquiries for us at the point of entrance into the UK
1Hover1:
Not fully true... This is a section that concerns UK, EU and US.
See bro, simply put, you have your full approved vaccination, you can enter the UK after you have done pre-boarding covid-19 test, and also you need a day - 2 test alone, no quarantine, no day 8 test needed. And as you can see from one of my images attached, they recognise the Nigeria National Primary Health Care Card.

I attached some screenshots, even the UK govt tells their own citizen to get vaccinated (with any of the 4 approved Vaccines) where they live abroad and they can come back to do just day 2 testing.
The UK govt generally lifted entry restrictions for fully vaccinated travellers on July 19.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Pattadon: 6:35am On Aug 30, 2021
Good morning All,
please what are the required documents to take along for Walk-in?
I'm going for walk-in this morning. thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by scobyy2007: 6:46am On Aug 30, 2021
I think each page of the Bank Statement should have been stamped and signed. Strongly believe that's the proper thing!

solalal36:
Hello, I went to the bank to print my bank statement and only the first and the last pages were stamped. Is this how it's meant to be or all the pages are meant to be stamped?

cc justwise scobyy2007 femtowo and everyone familiar with this

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gunit87: 6:47am On Aug 30, 2021
Good Morning all,
I plan to apply with 2 different bank statement of account. Am I required to scan the two bank statement in one single file or I should scan separately to upload in my application?
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 7:13am On Aug 30, 2021
akinezzy:
This information here is subject to interpretation, i have a NPHCC card that shows i am fully vaccinated; but if one gets to the point of entering and then denied won't be funny as a result of the Officer interpretation of the rule. Staying in isolation for 10 days won't be funny , if i should be out on the 2nd date.

We need someone to make enquiries for us at the point of entrance into the UK

I think the best thing is to do a pre departure test and then isolate when in the UK

My friend left last month and that's how he did it.

Didn't take the vaccine, took the test, got a negative result and isolated when he got there

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by scobyy2007: 7:13am On Aug 30, 2021
Separately, please. While filling the form u will declare each bank separately.

Enure to name each file like this

BANK STATEMENT_ZENITH BANK

BANK STATEMENT_GTBANK

Gunit87:
Good Morning all,
I plan to apply with 2 different bank statement of account. Am I required to scan the two bank statement in one single file or I should scan separately to upload in my application?
thanks

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 7:13am On Aug 30, 2021
Gunit87:
Good Morning all,
thanks

You can merge both into a single file

Makes it neater that way

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gunit87: 7:21am On Aug 30, 2021
Thanks @ scobyy2007
scobyy2007:
Separately, please. While filling the form u will declare each bank separately.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Vecharry(m): 7:52am On Aug 30, 2021
Those that used form A recently, what was the naira to pound rate charged?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Vecharry(m): 7:55am On Aug 30, 2021
Callmed:
hi, what is the full meaning of DBS please?

UK certificate of good conduct, in simpler terms.

More info below
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Richhard(m): 7:56am On Aug 30, 2021
wakabobo:

To do walk-in same day in Ikeja you need to sleep around the TLS premises, wake-up by 1:30am, go to the gate, write your name in the list, then go and sleep. This is peak period! .... In my own case, I slept with the security man down at the preskin hotel junction. I was number one on the list

Sorry I don't get you, do you mean you can do it anytime irrespective of the day assigned to you online! My lil cousin got 8th of September, that's too far, school resumes on 20th of Sept, is there a way to do it as soon as possible?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Teniremi: 8:07am On Aug 30, 2021
shadlyblinks:

For VI, they gave august 4th yesterday. So try tracking your today/Monday. It should move to VAC

Good morning, Please has anyone for VI August 5 standard gotten any response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by pimpc007(m): 8:16am On Aug 30, 2021
yes. you have to pay for walk-in and go on any day. 40 something k

Richhard:

Sorry I don't get you, do you mean you can do it anytime irrespective of the day assigned to you online! My lil cousin got 8th of September, that's too far, school resumes on 20th of Sept, is there a way to do it as soon as possible?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kenny4smart(m): 8:20am On Aug 30, 2021
Good morning guys, please for POF, when do a statement of account that was funded on the 3rd of August, with first transaction on the account occuring on the 4th of August matures for printing and visa application? Urgent please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Richhard(m): 8:21am On Aug 30, 2021
latinahola:

Walk-in
Appointments get there just few min to your time

If you've got an appointment, can you do walk in to save time?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Richhard(m): 8:22am On Aug 30, 2021
pimpc007:
yes. you have to pay for walk-in and go on any day. 40 something k

OK is the payment at the venue?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mckayzee(m): 8:27am On Aug 30, 2021
Hello,

Who has tried using Western Union Global student pay for tuition/tuition deposit payment.

They give a payment reference that is supposed to expire 72hours after it was generated.

My issue is, after the reference was generated, I applied for form A the same day with it and the money was debited in my account the following day(Friday) but Western union say they are yet to receive money after I tried tracking the payment and the payment reference expired on sunday.

I really wouldn't want a case where the money paid hangs. Can someone share their experience with payment through this route ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by CSPb: 8:33am On Aug 30, 2021
A researcher, coming to UK for scientific analysis of Mice tissues, the tissues came from animals infected with malaria parasite and treated with Antimalarial. The tissues have been embedded in paraffin wax and well sealed. Want to make enquiry of the procedure of bringing them to the UK.Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.