Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,285 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. (54539 Views)

My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us / My Sister Wants Traditional Marriage In The City: Is It Normal? / Confusion In My Very Young Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Eriokanmi: 3:45pm On Aug 24, 2021
yanabasee2:
I'm really convinced that she did not check on his background before accepting to marry him....

It's a terrible situation for a man to disrespect his wife and get another woman pregnant.. and still keeps her for sex....

Let her get herself a job or a business first... She should allow the husband to set her up before deciding to divorce.... So she'll have money to take care of those kids... And she should know that, if she leaves the man, the other baby mama will step in and take her place... So she will be at the losing end...
Are you married...Yes or no?
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by joyandfaith: 3:45pm On Aug 24, 2021
NaijaCoverBlog:

Shut up your mouth there, ladies have nothing to offer both in relationship and in marriage.

See my signature

5 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Eriokanmi: 3:46pm On Aug 24, 2021
bukatyne:

Apart from the financial support you would have to provide, why don't you want her to end the marriage if she wants to?

P.S.: The husband would always have a relationship with his baby mama especially since the child with her mother.
If she tries it, she's a loser for life. Please you people should just allow only those who are married to offer genuine advice. Most people's comments here simply showed you're all single. I'm not in support of this happening but this is expected in two out of ten marriages. It's an age-long happening. If it doesn't happen to one marriage, good luck but if it happens to another, the best way is apply knowledge in fixing it.

The lady could ask for space for a while until when things calm, instead of quitting. There are many more would-be baby mamas our there, waiting to enter. The one who had a baby for him outside wedlock could be the winner eventually. I'd rather advise her to seek God's wisdom instead.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 3:46pm On Aug 24, 2021
joyandfaith:

See my signature

The Truth Is Always Bitter
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Sterope(f): 3:47pm On Aug 24, 2021
No job and no plan on becoming self-sufficient, but she wants to leave her marriage first. How is she and her child going to feed and live?

5 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Fisher007: 3:47pm On Aug 24, 2021
2ndtimeuncle:
Good morning fellow nairalanders, I hope your day is going well though mine didn't start so well. I am a nairalander but I have to open this account for this. I have an issue bothering me, I will try to keep my story as brief as possible.

I am a guy from a humble background. My parents had only two children, myself and my younger sister who is now married with two kids. She had her last baby boy some time early this month. Her marriage with this guy ( my brother inlaw) has been one I considered relatively peaceful. That is from my own perspective knowing that there's no marriage without one or two misunderstanding here or there at some point.

Well, she found out that her husband got another girl pregnant who gave birth to a baby girl. My sister found out after she gave birth to her first son. Her husband was the one that confessed to her that he has another child outside their marriage. They settled the issue and moved on he promised he would end the relationship he had with the baby mama.

Last year, during the Covid19 period, my sister found out that he was still seeing his baby mama after she saw their chats. She confronted him and he denied having anything to do with the baby mama except for sending money for his daughter's upkeep once in a while. It was a big issue which was brought to the attention the two families. They found a way to settle after a lot pleading and talking to the two of them.

To cut the long story short, she sent me screenshots that proves that he is still seeing the baby mama. In one of the screenshot he wants to see her in their normal place and the girl agreed but doesn't want them have sex on this particular occasion. My sister has bad temperament and it is not easy to calm her down when triggered. She's threatening to quit the marriage and I fear she may do something wrong this time around . She is yet to confront her husband because I managed to convince her to keep it on hold till she calms down.

Note : My Dad is late and my younger sister is a house wife hence solely dependent on her husband. Please ignore my grammatical errors. I am putting this out here because I have ran out of ideas.

Hmm this is going to be long though so sit tight

I read it and I am going to give you the scenarios of what might eventually happen.

Let start with the typical option that almost every one is going to say. That she should quit. Hmm
Don't forget they will advise you but they are not going to be there with her when the shit get real.

Do you know how hard it is to train a child alone not to talk of two. Hmm I hope she is working well and earns well cause she will eventually end up being in the position of the other lady.

She might eventually leave and the husband will be sending her money like the other lady and still be sleeping with her. She will do it for her children like most ladies claim. She will loose her home and still do the duties of a married woman.

Her chances of getting another husband is 5% and that is even if she is lucky. She will now understand what life really entails. Don't forget paying for a child monthly allowance does not include her own rent, clothing, feeding, health and even stress of two children alone is mad.

Marriage is for better for worst. I Will advice you not to even get involve and let her decide and take accountability of her actions. Or else na new problem for you.

Don't get me wrong the husband bleeped up. But this is one of th most stupid sadistic double standards in life that favours men at times.

I can't guarantee you the other lady is either praying for her to leave so that she can enter and swap role and position with your sister. She probably is giving your sisters husband sex just for that purpose or the purpose of survival for her children as we men most often don't think and only think with uncle Johnny or our third leg.

My brother this is where I will fem on this matter. Best of luck to her and you better stay mute on the decision making of your sister.

Simple.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by ELEGANTSTRIDES(f): 3:47pm On Aug 24, 2021
GenAbacha:

Look, I grew up in a house where the woman was a house wife.

The man has more than likely planned out his future before marriage. “Marry a woman and keep at home for children but flex outside when I want to or when I’m bored”, that’s how it always plays out when these kind of things happen.

The pregnancy may have been unexpected cos if the girl didn’t get pregnant, your sister may never have known.

You may successfully convince her to continue only for her to come back one day to tell you the man has built a bungalow for one small girl that’s rubbing his chest.

I don’t know if your sister is educated but if she is, it’s best she finds a job and prepare for whatever comes next.

Thankfully, my mom was a university lecturer who for some reason agreed to be a house wife. When she noticed oga was playing away, she took my baby sis and relocated.
You're one of the few who is not being partial when it comes to issues from genders here. Some would have asked her to remain and that men have the right to cheat. You even used your mum as an example.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by kabaarikabaari: 3:47pm On Aug 24, 2021
This is d right time to demand for something good from her husband. Like good sum of money to start something before quiting else she will fine it so difficult to care for herself n d kids. Some men are wolfs.
yanabasee2:
I'm really convinced that she did not check on his background before accepting to marry him....

It's a terrible situation for a man to disrespect his wife and get another woman pregnant.. and still keeps her for sex....

Let her get herself a job or a business first... She should allow the husband to set her up before deciding to divorce.... So she'll have money to take care of those kids... And she should know that, if she leaves the man, the other baby mama will step in and take her place... So she will be at the losing end...

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by thesmallgod(m): 3:48pm On Aug 24, 2021
ImaIma1:
I think the major determinant here is money. The wife and her family are not buoyant enough to ask her to quit the marriage. Because, no one is thinking of the wife's safety; but only about how she will survive if she leaves.

The man has one side chick she knows doesn't mean that's the only woman he is sleeping with, especially as the side chick is even beginning to ration the sex for him. And the man is obviously an advocate of "skin to skin". So where does that leave the wife?

If she had her own money or her family did, wouldn't she have run for her life? But op is here looking for a way to keep her there since the burden will fall on him.

Which is more reason why this should be lesson to many single ladies out there. Don't live your owe life on your husband income. Also have a good source of income and be supportive. Some stupid men always see such ladies like a slave because she can't do anything unless daddy give her money. She has lost all her respect. She's only in that home to make and take care of the baby

7 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Swinger60(f): 3:48pm On Aug 24, 2021
galantjoe:
Do your best and leave rest for her to decide.

Where single ladies are finding it difficult to marry talkless of single mom of two.

Plus she has nothing doing.

I don't support cheating but where it happens one have to endure because you can't expect him to abandon his blood outside just to please her,. She is selfish and self centered
Really? she is selfish? How? someone that accepted the baby already. only that her husband is still disrespecting her by still sleeping with the other woman. and, you called her selfish..?

you are morally bankrupt..!!

How do you sleep at night with this mindset?

12 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Oyinlomobambam(m): 3:48pm On Aug 24, 2021
Let her dump the marriage is it's her right to do so...

The baby Mama will pack in and she'll become the baby mama and a side chick to another guy.
Such is life jàre. grin grin grin
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Coolbadguy: 3:50pm On Aug 24, 2021
2ndtimeuncle:
Good morning fellow nairalanders, I hope your day is going well though mine didn't start so well. I am a nairalander but I have to open this account for this. I have an issue bothering me, I will try to keep my story as brief as possible.

I am a guy from a humble background. My parents had only two children, myself and my younger sister who is now married with two kids. She had her last baby boy some time early this month. Her marriage with this guy ( my brother inlaw) has been one I considered relatively peaceful. That is from my own perspective knowing that there's no marriage without one or two misunderstanding here or there at some point.

Well, she found out that her husband got another girl pregnant who gave birth to a baby girl. My sister found out after she gave birth to her first son. Her husband was the one that confessed to her that he has another child outside their marriage. They settled the issue and moved on he promised he would end the relationship he had with the baby mama.

Last year, during the Covid19 period, my sister found out that he was still seeing his baby mama after she saw their chats. She confronted him and he denied having anything to do with the baby mama except for sending money for his daughter's upkeep once in a while. It was a big issue which was brought to the attention the two families. They found a way to settle after a lot pleading and talking to the two of them.

To cut the long story short, she sent me screenshots that proves that he is still seeing the baby mama. In one of the screenshot he wants to see her in their normal place and the girl agreed but doesn't want them have sex on this particular occasion. My sister has bad temperament and it is not easy to calm her down when triggered. She's threatening to quit the marriage and I fear she may do something wrong this time around . She is yet to confront her husband because I managed to convince her to keep it on hold till she calms down.

Note : My Dad is late and my younger sister is a house wife hence solely dependent on her husband. Please ignore my grammatical errors. I am putting this out here because I have ran out of ideas.

It's a very terrible situation, i feel your pain and stress but my advice for you is for you to continue talking to her to calm down and i think you should call the husband and talk with him on his character of womanizing and to the point of impregnating another woman outside his marriage, reason with him that he betrayed her and she is not happy with him and he should try leave that life and focus on his family although what has happened as happened, the only way for him to earn the trust of your sister again is for him to show it in his action toward taking his wife and children serious and he should stop seeing the said girl behind your sister.
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by ModestGal(f): 3:51pm On Aug 24, 2021
Lol
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 24, 2021
[quote author=2ndtimeuncle post=105091142]Good morning fellow nairalanders, I hope your day is going well though mine didn't start so well. I am a nairalander but I have to open this account for this. I have an issue bothering me, I will try to keep my story as brief as possible.

Note : My Dad is late and my younger sister is a house wife hence solely dependent on her husband. Please ignore my grammatical errors. I am putting this out here because I have ran out of ideas. The issue is burning. She must have swallow the bitter pill a lot but one thing you need to do is this, make sure your sister has a tangible business doing before leaving that man's house.The man is not ready to change his attitude. And your sister staying with the so called sex- compromised man is a threat to you people. He may contract if not already with it some diseases which he must infect you sister. Just make sure the man start a business to your sister
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by kinah(f): 3:53pm On Aug 24, 2021
Leave it in God's hands
Not in the hands of man

Jesus is coming soon
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Aurelius1(m): 3:54pm On Aug 24, 2021
1F30M4:
My head is aching so bad so can't really type so much.. Just here to like some comments, that's all.
But you just typed. cheesy
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by bluefilm: 3:54pm On Aug 24, 2021
2ndtimeuncle:

One thing is certain.

He will never leave his baby mama.

Your sister just have to find a way to cope with the situation.
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by TheGift: 3:55pm On Aug 24, 2021
It is always sad to see people who can’t take decisions on their own lives because they are dependent on some one else.

She should try and keep calm and come up with a plan for Her own independence. Don’t tell Her to stay or not. Just let Her know that whatever She believes is best, you will give Her all the support She needs.

There is no point living an unhappy life in the name of marriage.
2ndtimeuncle:

4 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Charly68: 3:56pm On Aug 24, 2021
yanabasee2:

Wisdom...she must never fight blindly ..

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Enskynelson(m): 3:56pm On Aug 24, 2021
GenAbacha:
And what is wrong if she quits the marriage?

Why are you bothered? What ideas are you looking for?

A contract has been breached and it’s only right you terminate it.

You fail to see one thing there. The lady is a full time house wife and their dad or so is late. If she divorces based on her suspicions, where will she run to right now with her little kids? Can she take care of them? Or u think those 5k upkeep they tell the man to pay to the wife every month is enough?
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by marsup: 3:56pm On Aug 24, 2021
So because she is financially dependent on her husband, you don’t want her to quit? When the dog infects your sister with an incurable disease, ya eyes will open.

7 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:57pm On Aug 24, 2021
joyandfaith:

I am very sure baby mama is earning some digits.
Tell your sister to start working and making money. Most men don't appreciate house wife.

Very possible
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by otokx(m): 3:58pm On Aug 24, 2021
Sterope:
No job and no plan on becoming self-sufficient, but she wants to leave her marriage first. How is she and her child going to feed and live?

Child or children.
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Alaganature09(m): 3:58pm On Aug 24, 2021
2ndtimeuncle:

It rains everywhere, I don't want her to make a decision she will regret for the rest of her life.

What If she make her decision without regretting it later? Don't be bothered bro she as her reason for any decisions she takes..
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by bepositive11: 4:00pm On Aug 24, 2021
yanabasee2:

I don't see it that way. She won't be at the losing end. It would be a win win because she won't have to stress over him anymore which would be good for her mental health. And hopefully, she will find someone who will treat her better and respect her

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by IamAsiri: 4:00pm On Aug 24, 2021
galantjoe:
Do your best and leave rest for her to decide.

Where single ladies are finding it difficult to marry talkless of single mom of two.

Plus she has nothing doing.

I don't support cheating but where it happens one have to endure because you can't expect him to abandon his blood outside just to please her,. She is selfish and self centered

Imagine what you are spewing out of your mouth. So, being selfish is getting angry that her husband is still having an extramarital affair with his mistress/babymama? Smh lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by afamaustin(m): 4:00pm On Aug 24, 2021
Is a pity,lord l don't want to see my self in such mess and l love my wife

4 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by cornerstonee: 4:01pm On Aug 24, 2021
obiekunie01:

But why is your sister always checking her husbands phone??

you see the thing is, CHECKING YOUR PARTNERS PHONE IS LIKE PUTTING YOUR FINGER IN THE ANUS - IF YOU DON'T FIND SHIT, YOU WILL FIND MESS OR BOTH - AND YOU WILL NOT LIKE EITHER OF IT!

so for your peace of mind, AVOID CHECKING YOUR PARTNERS PHONES!

Your sister opened the door to breaking her home by checking her hubby's phone!
Are you married??

Just wondering

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Unified07: 4:01pm On Aug 24, 2021
yanabasee2:

Let her get her self a job or business you think is easy? My brother your sister should not try living that marriage is gonna be a disaster
People doesn't in prayer any more,let her reconcile with God and reclaim his marriage through prayers that's my advice

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by bayobabe(f): 4:01pm On Aug 24, 2021
You guys should stop with this it rains everywhere nonsense....it didn't rain nonsense in my parent's marriage and I have seen so many that are faithful in theirs too. Back to the issue on ground, I pray you sister won't get wounded if she continues in that marriage, what if the baby mama isn't the only one in the man's life or if there are other men in the baby Mama's life and she gets infected with something that is incurable?
2ndtimeuncle:

It rains everywhere, I don't want her to make a decision she will regret for the rest of her life.

10 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by BirtherOfKings(f): 4:01pm On Aug 24, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Tell her to calm down, get busy and give herself brain.

She should read this book and thank me later
. Downloaded smiley smiley smiley smiley[color=#006600][/color]
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by jaxxy(m): 4:01pm On Aug 24, 2021
2ndtimeuncle:

If she has a plan b that will not be a burden to u then u can tell her she is free to leave if she thinks it makes sense bt let her know that after she leaves u hope she’s going to be a nun in the seminary or convent because if she leaves to have another relationship with another man it may end up in similar cheating issues or even worse.

Let her know this and then decide her own faith.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Lady Shares Stunning Photos with her Mom, But People are Confused Which is Mom / How I Handled My Husband And His 4 Side Chicks - Woman (Video) / Meet Phil The Mature Man Who Like To Dress Like A Baby(pics/vieo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.