Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,191 members, 7,835,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop (3817 Views)

2023: Olawepo-hashim Criticize Ngige, Amaechi Over Presidential Declaration / 2019: Middle Belt ’ll Stick To Olawepo-hashim, Says Dan Suleiman / 2019 Polls: Olawepo-hashim Says He'll Achieve $4trillion Economy In 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by bilms(m): 8:23pm On Aug 23, 2021
2023; THE FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION MUST NOT STOP!
By Gbenga Olawepo Hashim

When I was growing up, it was the practise then, that women laid their wares by the roadside and indicated the price of the product by the numbers of stones they kept on the ground. No one took the products without dropping the correct sums of money, and no one who passed-by took the money and/or the wares away.

I so much long for a return to the country of simple and honest people that Nigeria was, and that is why it was easy for me to connect with the War Against Indiscipline (WAI) message of General Buhari and Idiagbon in 1983.

In Ilorin, Kwara State where I schooled, we were the disciples of Idiagbon's campaign against corruption as President of the Dramatic Society in Cherubim and Seraphim College. I was the lead actor in a drama skit against corruption on NTA Ilorin Youth scene. Also, I busted a pattern of stealing in the College Kiosk perpetrated by students appointed to supervise the kiosk, that is a story for another day, that readers would find in my coming autobiography “Sunrise at Midnight” by the of Grace of God. The first volume will be released soon.

Incidentally, the fight against corruption is a major plank of the Buhari Administration. Corruption is one of the major reason Nigeria is backward and the underbelly of some of the security problems of the country such as banditry.

Nigeria loses a lot to corruption. According to Price Water Cooper (PWC), a global Consulting outfit, if not arrested by 2030, corruption will be costing Nigeria 37% of her GDP; i.e. 200 billion USD, a whooping N100 trillion (Naira), about 10 times our national budget. It will translate to 1,000 USD per capital; five hundred thousand by each Nigerian. The significance of this on our lives, in terms of avoidable death is staggering.

Corruption in Nigeria is in various dimension in high places caused by indisciplined life styles, weak regulatory regimes and institutions, eroding ethics and values and a triumphant feeling of impunity that believes there will be no consequence for wrong doing!

At the lower levels, corruption is rationalized as a result of poor earnings. “Man go survive”, or as that everybody is doing it, “It is our way” But it is not our way.

The corruption situation is compounded by an increasingly expanding population of people with ethics and values system that have come to embrace corruption as an acceptable standard and become increasingly audacious that they attack men and women of integrity as “failures”, even though most of attackers come from the ranks of the poorest, they are choristers of those “nouveau-riche”, who have helped themselves from the public purse. They have a sizable presence online venerating corrupt lifestyle.

The fight against corruption is a serious business, law enforcement will not be enough to win it; regulatory reforms are important but just as well as ethical reform on a mass scale; the role of technology is also central in this fight as we aim to reduce the scope of human manipulation of the system.

The fight against corruption is winnable, before some agents of the corrupt start spreading their fatalistic slogan that no one is a saint. There are some inspiring examples in the system even right now; Professor Oloyede as head of JAMB has been returning billions of Naira to Federal Government coffers in an agency that has not returned millions before.

He is also fighting examination scams that have seen even parents of candidates as culprits. Oloyede is not a pastor or a Bishop.

He is a patriotic Nigerian, standing for good values. As a matter of fact, most religious houses have become more or less centres of corruption, where the teachings of obedience of God’s commandments and fear of God have long disappeared.

A good footstep in winning the battle to reduce corruption if not kill it totally, is to ensure that corrupt people with unexplainable wealth do not get elected at any level. Those who have explanation to make to anti-graft agencies and are aspiring for public offices must be put to task about their integrity question. If we are ever going to birth a new Nigeria. It cannot be with the corrupt as midwives!
https://www.facebook.com/971769479677563/posts/1826906660830503/?sfnsn=scwspmo

1 Like

Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by BigRocky: 8:25pm On Aug 23, 2021
Show me a Nigerian leader dat is not corrupt,and I will show you you a virgin prostitute (olosho).

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by proeast(m): 8:28pm On Aug 23, 2021
bilms:
[s]2023; THE FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION MUST NOT STOP!
By Gbenga Olawepo Hashim

When I was growing up, it was the practise then, that women laid their wares by the roadside and indicated the price of the product by the numbers of stones they kept on the ground. No one took the products without dropping the correct sums of money, and no one who passed-by took the money and/or the wares away.

I so much long for a return to the country of simple and honest people that Nigeria was, and that is why it was easy for me to connect with the War Against Indiscipline (WAI) message of General Buhari and Idiagbon in 1983.

In Ilorin, Kwara State where I schooled, we were the disciples of Idiagbon's campaign against corruption as President of the Dramatic Society in Cherubim and Seraphim College. I was the lead actor in a drama skit against corruption on NTA Ilorin Youth scene. Also, I busted a pattern of stealing in the College Kiosk perpetrated by students appointed to supervise the kiosk, that is a story for another day, that readers would find in my coming autobiography “Sunrise at Midnight” by the of Grace of God. The first volume will be released soon.

Incidentally, the fight against corruption is a major plank of the Buhari Administration. Corruption is one of the major reason Nigeria is backward and the underbelly of some of the security problems of the country such as banditry.

Nigeria loses a lot to corruption. According to Price Water Cooper (PWC), a global Consulting outfit, if not arrested by 2030, corruption will be costing Nigeria 37% of her GDP; i.e. 200 billion USD, a whooping N100 trillion (Naira), about 10 times our national budget. It will translate to 1,000 USD per capital; five hundred thousand by each Nigerian. The significance of this on our lives, in terms of avoidable death is staggering.

Corruption in Nigeria is in various dimension in high places caused by indisciplined life styles, weak regulatory regimes and institutions, eroding ethics and values and a triumphant feeling of impunity that believes there will be no consequence for wrong doing!

At the lower levels, corruption is rationalized as a result of poor earnings. “Man go survive”, or as that everybody is doing it, “It is our way” But it is not our way.

The corruption situation is compounded by an increasingly expanding population of people with ethics and values system that have come to embrace corruption as an acceptable standard and become increasingly audacious that they attack men and women of integrity as “failures”, even though most of attackers come from the ranks of the poorest, they are choristers of those “nouveau-riche”, who have helped themselves from the public purse. They have a sizable presence online venerating corrupt lifestyle.

The fight against corruption is a serious business, law enforcement will not be enough to win it; regulatory reforms are important but just as well as ethical reform on a mass scale; the role of technology is also central in this fight as we aim to reduce the scope of human manipulation of the system.

The fight against corruption is winnable, before some agents of the corrupt start spreading their fatalistic slogan that no one is a saint. There are some inspiring examples in the system even right now; Professor Oloyede as head of JAMB has been returning billions of Naira to Federal Government coffers in an agency that has not returned millions before.

He is also fighting examination scams that have seen even parents of candidates as culprits. Oloyede is not a pastor or a Bishop.

He is a patriotic Nigerian, standing for good values. As a matter of fact, most religious houses have become more or less centres of corruption, where the teachings of obedience of God’s commandments and fear of God have long disappeared.

A good footstep in winning the battle to reduce corruption if not kill it totally, is to ensure that corrupt people with unexplainable wealth do not get elected at any level. Those who have explanation to make to anti-graft agencies and are aspiring for public offices must be put to task about their integrity question. If we are ever going to birth a new Nigeria. It cannot be with the corrupt as midwives![/s]

Afonja fool, when did it get started talk more of being stopped?!

What a lost soul.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by bilms(m): 8:29pm On Aug 23, 2021
proeast:

Afonja fool, when did it get started talk more of being stopped?!

What a lost soul.

Are you sure you are not the fool?

Just asking for someone

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by Afamsi: 8:43pm On Aug 23, 2021
The fight has ended cos Buhari is now the physical expression of corruption.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by athaboi(f): 6:02am On Aug 24, 2021
Ode...this one too want to use corruption as a campaign strategy! No one has any good economic plan for this country just noise and more noise.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by Jestin: 6:02am On Aug 24, 2021
You can’t use corruption to fight corruption. We need sincere leaders in the herms of affairs in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by zolajpower: 6:03am On Aug 24, 2021
grin
Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by Sonnobax15(m): 6:05am On Aug 24, 2021
grin
These people don too deceive us with this particular lyrics..But how hard is it to find a messiah who can take Nigeria to her promised land?

So tay dem don use the corruption wey dey for Nigeria dey do example of wishing people birthday like---"May you live long like the corruption in Nigeria" lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by Maxymilliano(m): 6:05am On Aug 24, 2021
This one that will fizzle out after 2023 election and later resurface when another election is around the corner
Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by Nezzjnr: 6:05am On Aug 24, 2021
Stop pushing this Guy to our Faces.... He's irrelevant abeg

Right from the 2019 election... The mods have been pushing everything about this dude to the front page

1 Like

Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by kokoloyds: 6:05am On Aug 24, 2021
Naso
Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by Nezzjnr: 6:05am On Aug 24, 2021
Maxymilliano:
This one that will fizzle out after 2023 election and later resurface when another election is around the corner

cheesy cheesy cheesy

You know him too ahbi cheesy
Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by hisexcellency34: 6:05am On Aug 24, 2021
It has stopped long ago
Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by ObiOfOnistha: 6:06am On Aug 24, 2021
Which fight against corruption was that man talking about, please help me out, I slept so early yesterday, I couldn't fathom that a fight against started overnight, please who initiated it.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by EightHayEm: 6:06am On Aug 24, 2021
Mercury103:
The fight against corruption is already lost in this country
3xactly
Tinubu
Gandollar
and co SHOULD ALL BE ROTTING IN JAIL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by Bcock3030(m): 6:07am On Aug 24, 2021
Who are we putting the blame on undecided undecided

RIDE TO THE MAXIMUM with Skyman Herbal Penis Enlargement Oil. Turn yourself into a sharp striker. This oil is purely 100% Herbal which prolong your sex duration from 25-45mins as it sustains your libido and reduce the urge of early ejaculation.

This Herbal Penis Enlargement oil is friendly to the body with no side EFFECTS. Skyman oil guarantee you of 4-6 inches parmanent size. Be a machine man. Make her SCREAM at the top of her voice and SQUEEZE the bed POWERFULLY.

Make it Bigger, Thicker and Longer within 2 weeks assurance. You are just a PHONE Call away to your permanent solution.
Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by Raxxye(m): 6:09am On Aug 24, 2021
There has never been any fight against corruption in this Buhari's authoritarian regime. The only thing Buhari has been fighting for is for Fulanization of Nigeria and for the empowerment of cows!
Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by Maxymilliano(m): 6:10am On Aug 24, 2021
Nezzjnr:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

You know him too ahbi cheesy

Haba! Just as his media aide Blims, you only see the moniker, promoting his principal when a major election is fast approaching.
Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by Promismike(m): 6:13am On Aug 24, 2021
Who and who are really fighting these corruption.

Let's be sincere with ourselves for once.
Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by cabilla(m): 6:16am On Aug 24, 2021
D only politician I trust
Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by Nezzjnr: 6:18am On Aug 24, 2021
Maxymilliano:

Haba! Just as his media aide Blims, you only see the moniker, promoting his principal when a major election is fast approaching.
I feel the Bilms dude might even be Olawepo himself
Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by nemynely(m): 6:18am On Aug 24, 2021
Pardon me, but has the fight against corruption started? Because all I see is padi padi
Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by chloride6: 6:21am On Aug 24, 2021
Hope you got your iPhone Mr Hashim?
Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by sammy7410(m): 6:38am On Aug 24, 2021
Please it should stop like dis

Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by DeHorus: 6:41am On Aug 24, 2021
Did APC at any point fight corruption?
Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by bilms(m): 7:02am On Aug 24, 2021
cool
Re: 2023: Olawepo Hashim Says The Fight Against Corruption Must Not Stop by Tzar(m): 7:09am On Aug 24, 2021
I don’t trust anything from this man’s mouth. He speaks with both sides of his mouth.
I remember that he was very vocal against APC misrule. As soon as APC gave him their usual empty promises & he jumped ship, he started singing APC praise. People like him can’t be trusted. Greed & ambition drives their moral compass & loyalty.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Yoruba Hoodlums Attack Hausa Community (Pictures) / Breaking- Tinubu Apponts A Known Christian Hater Elrufai As Campaign DG / 10 Powerful Reasons To Vote General Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.