Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,034 members, 7,863,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:36 AM

Whats Your Take On Malaysia? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Whats Your Take On Malaysia? (1845 Views)

Nigerians Protesting Right Now In Malaysia / Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information / Before You Pay That Malaysia Agent Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by Emmyz: 12:14pm On May 20, 2011
I found it difficult to convince a friend (Just this morning) why he should not travel to Malaysia.

My Reasons:

The guy am sure earns btw 150k to 200k monthly.

He works in a reputable company

He is a graduate, single and if he travels out it would

take him another 2 years to balance before he can think of settling

down (meanwhile he's 31 years)

If he is to travel to Malaysia he plans to sell his car and a piece of land

both valued at about (1.5m----not so sure, cos he said the landed

property is in his village)

He would forgo his job here in Nigeria and go schooling in Malaysia

simply because he believes it is easier to get the visa unlike UK & US

His Point:

He is tired of this country and he doesnt want to continue working for people

so he learnt he can start something in Malaysia while he also school there too.

Pls Nairalander, do advise better on Malaysia, cos i learnt the economy is not

encouraging and they dont allow Nigerians to work there (even with his Nig certificate)

Am going to copy ur response and attach them as a mail to him,

probably that would make him change his mind.

Nigeria would still be great, it only takes our patience. Atleast for a middle class like him.
Re: Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by elijah05(m): 5:12pm On May 20, 2011
Malaysia, He shuld not waste his life ooo, If he get correct jazz for yahoo yahoo sha, №​​‎​ wahala I support
Re: Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by justwise(m): 5:38pm On May 20, 2011
elijah05:

Malaysia, He shuld not waste his life ooo, If he get correct jazz for yahoo yahoo sha, №​​‎​ wahala I support
Really?
Re: Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by Emmyz: 5:48pm On May 20, 2011
@ Justwise

what do you actually think about the country.

Thats the same gist i gathered, though i havent been there. But with your wealth of knowledge

WHATS YOUR TAKE?
Re: Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by justwise(m): 6:27pm On May 20, 2011
Emmyz:

@ Justwise
what do you actually think about the country.
Thats the same gist i gathered, though i havent been there. But with your wealth of knowledge
WHATS YOUR TAKE?
Based on the scenario u painted out there. i think ur friends will be silly to sale everything, leave his job in Nigeria and relocate to Malaysia, he can just take a holiday to Malaysia to size up situation else he will end up empty handed.
Re: Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 20, 2011
so many people have done it before and they failed,he his going to fail.Dont worry he will call you for money,then you will now laugh on phone.i was in that country in 98 so many stranded Nigerians,but if he is good in Apa runs and yahoo plus and the white man powder which is punishable by death.He can go and waste his time
Re: Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by raintree: 3:30am On May 21, 2011
If yahoo-yahoo is what you are thinking of doing, this is what you'll get:

Excerpt from the STAR Newspaper, Friday May 20, 2011
Malaysian Police nail Facebook cons
By AUSTIN CAMOENS
austin@thestar.com.my

KUALA LUMPUR: Police have busted an international syndicate which uses the social network Facebook to cheat women.

Bukit Aman Commercial Crime deputy director Datuk Rodwan Mohd Yusof said police detained two Nigerian men and a local woman, aged between 26 and 39, in two separate raids in Seri Kembangan and Cheras on Monday.

“We received a report from a Taiwanese businesswoman claiming she was cheated of RM380,000 after falling in love with one of the syndicate members.

“The suspect posed as a British national under the name John Miller on Facebook and courted the woman for three months through Facebook,” he said.

The suspect claimed that he was from Britain and told the woman that he would send her a gift which contained valuables worth RM950,000 through a forwarding agent in Malaysia.

“The suspect told the woman who had gone back to Taiwan that she had to pay him to release the package which was being restricted by the Customs Department,” he said, adding that she then sent RM380,000 through several Western Union transactions.

He said that once the suspect realised she was duped, she returned to Malaysia and lodged the report.

Rodwan said police seized jewellery worth at least RM100,000, several computers, ATM cards as well US$15,000 (RM45,470) and RM14,260 in cash.

“Police also believe that the suspects had used the money to run a car rental business,” he said, adding that six cars, including a Toyota Rush and a Honda Accord, had been seized from the Seri Kembangan business premises.

He said that police were trying to establish how long the suspects had been operating the business.

Rodwan said the case was being investigated under Section 420 of the Penal Code for fraud.

He said last year, 759 fraud cases were reported with a total of RM20.5mil in losses recorded, while 130 people were charged.

He added that so far this year, 245 cases had been reported with a total of RM9.4mil in losses recorded.
Re: Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by Nobody: 4:48am On May 21, 2011
elijah05:

LMAO!
@Post, tell ur friend to 4get Malaysia with that amt of Money he's earning in 9ja.
Re: Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by oge4real(f): 7:06am On May 21, 2011
He can make it if he is willing to be a gigolo.
Re: Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by justwise(m): 8:14am On May 21, 2011
oge4real:

He can make it if he is willing to be a gigolo.

grin grin grin wats that?
Re: Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by suwailad(f): 9:08am On May 21, 2011
@op

it depends on the real motives and future plan of your friend.how realistic are his goals?

canada travel opportunity search
Re: Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by chelseabmw(m): 11:28am On May 21, 2011
malaysia a no go area
Re: Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by ddbangsar: 12:42pm On May 21, 2011
It's easy to get a Visa to study in Malaysia, but there's not much opportunity there afterwards. The only way to get an employment/work permit to Malaysia is to either :

[list]
[li]Be Sponsored by a local company which is very unlikely - there is a lot of locals with good education, who speak all the local languages and much less hassle (and cheaper) to employ than a foreigner[/li]
[li]Start your own Sdn Bhd company, requires paid up capital of 500K RM (around 26 million Naira)[/li]
[li]Start your own LOC company (Labuan, Offshore) fees of around 18K RM (around 1 million Naira) and a lot additional monthly/annual costs involved. You need to have a good CV , proper business plan and a track record to prove your ability to even considering applying[/li]
[/list]

For standard/low paid jobs there's nothing available - a lot of cheap labour is available from neighboring countries such as Indonesia, their salary is only around 20-25K Naira per month.
Re: Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by talk2tosep(m): 5:29pm On May 21, 2011
let him go he will go through what i have went through,
Re: Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by ddbangsar: 8:22pm On May 21, 2011
talk2tosep, why - what did you go through in Malaysia?
Re: Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by iice(f): 8:01am On May 22, 2011
Hmmm is his reason for going there only because he's tired of Nigeria?
What if things don't work out there, what is his alternate plan?
Re: Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by dustydee: 5:33pm On May 22, 2011
Why do a lot of Nigerians think anywhere outside here is full of opportunities?
Re: Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by Nobody: 11:56am On May 24, 2011
MALAYSIA?    angry angry angry  he can go there if he has money to waiste interested in seeing ,  Skycrappers,  Monorails,  Man who turns there self  woman , gay,   powder work,  yahoo Plus, coz yahoo only will not help,  , but for Holiday,  Malay good laa wink
Re: Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by 702: 12:40pm On May 24, 2011
@OP: selling everythin and resignin 4rm his jab 4 malaysia?? , hmm, not a party to that. Even if hw wud leave 4d UK i wudnt advise him to. I have seen many of my friends travel to These funny countries: malaysia, cyprus even the EU and UK bt they come bk empty handed, lookin 4 jabs jus very few who cme bk n make sumfin tangible. If he's frustrated bout the country y not he look 4 ok countries that he mite have prospects like US or Canada. one chances are not slim there. U mite not find it easy wtn the first 1 -2 years bt eventually u may make it wiv enuf opening of eyes and hustlin.
He shud chill a lil bit, write the necessary standardized tests and look 4 adm in US or Canada abeg.
Re: Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by hallmark77: 4:40pm On May 24, 2011
raintree:

If yahoo-yahoo is what you are thinking of doing, this is what you'll get:

Excerpt from the STAR Newspaper, Friday May 20, 2011
Malaysian Police nail Facebook cons
By AUSTIN CAMOENS
austin@thestar.com.my

KUALA LUMPUR: Police have busted an international syndicate which uses the social network Facebook to cheat women.

Bukit Aman Commercial Crime deputy director Datuk Rodwan Mohd Yusof said police detained two Nigerian men and a local woman, aged between 26 and 39, in two separate raids in Seri Kembangan and Cheras on Monday.

“We received a report from a Taiwanese businesswoman claiming she was cheated of RM380,000 after falling in love with one of the syndicate members.

“The suspect posed as a British national under the name John Miller on Facebook and courted the woman for three months through Facebook,” he said.

The suspect claimed that he was from Britain and told the woman that he would send her a gift which contained valuables worth RM950,000 through a forwarding agent in Malaysia.

“The suspect told the woman who had gone back to Taiwan that she had to pay him to release the package which was being restricted by the Customs Department,” he said, adding that she then sent RM380,000 through several Western Union transactions.

He said that once the suspect realised she was duped, she returned to Malaysia and lodged the report.

Rodwan said police seized jewellery worth at least RM100,000, several computers, ATM cards as well US$15,000 (RM45,470) and RM14,260 in cash.

“Police also believe that the suspects had used the money to run a car rental business,” he said, adding that six cars, including a Toyota Rush and a Honda Accord, had been seized from the Seri Kembangan business premises.

He said that police were trying to establish how long the suspects had been operating the business.

Rodwan said the case was being investigated under Section 420 of the Penal Code for fraud.

He said last year, 759 fraud cases were reported with a total of RM20.5mil in losses recorded, while 130 people were charged.

He added that so far this year, 245 cases had been reported with a total of RM9.4mil in losses recorded.

This nes sound like that guy that always defend visa scammers.Steve_101 or something like that?
Re: Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by raintree: 10:17am On May 26, 2011
@ hallmark77
Is your English that bad that you don't understand the purpose of my posting that newspaper article?
I was trying to warn those simple-minded hustlers doing yahoo-yahoo will get you busted and jailed in Malaysia.
FYI, I don't do crime. Only useless and lifeless people do yahoo-yahoo. Are you into it?
Re: Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by hallmark77: 3:30pm On May 26, 2011
raintree:

@ hallmark77
Is your English that bad that you don't understand the purpose of my posting that newspaper article?
I was trying to warn those simple-minded hustlers doing yahoo-yahoo will get you busted and jailed in Malaysia.
FYI, I don't do crime. Only useless and lifeless people do yahoo-yahoo. Are you into it?

Infact my comment was not directed to you but to one guy that usually defends visa scammers because its story was that he was into rental car business while other posters suspected that the guy might be a scammer.The guy I.D is Steve_101,he always call Justwise names for standing for the truth.
Re: Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by wanaj0: 7:00am On May 30, 2011
Firstly the cheap schools in Malaysia are Visa schools. You dont learn anything. You pay like 300k every year just to get student visa.

There is no work for immigrants in Malaysia. This is compounded because as a black man you are noticeable so nowhere to hide.

IF indeed he is thinking of schooling, there are other countries with better opportunities.

Malaysia is a GOOD country but not welcoming to immigrants especially blacks!

Malaysia is a country that thrives on racial discrimination even among Malaysians. So you can imagine your fate as a Black man (Nigerian for that matter)
Re: Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by steve13(m): 12:26am On Jun 01, 2011
@hallmark77,u wish am yahoo yahoo?chai,ur type only see plane flying in the sky that is if there is any airport there in ekiti state where u base.
Re: Whats Your Take On Malaysia? by kenny33: 10:04am On Jun 01, 2011
malaysia visa is quite easy to get, but to survive in that country have to take God's Grace

(1) (Reply)

Which State Has The Most Unplanned Cities In Nigeria? / Cross Country Bus:what A Mess / Peru - Are There Nigerians There? Would I Find Naija Restaurant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.