Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,898 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Cross Country Bus:what A Mess - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cross Country Bus:what A Mess (1819 Views)

My Horrible Experience With Cross Country Transport / My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! / A Policeman Hanging On A Danfo Bus! What I Saw On A Lagos Expressway Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross Country Bus:what A Mess by ginkus(m): 7:18am On Nov 28, 2016
On Saturday 26th, November 2016, I planned on travelling to Lagos from PHC.
Left my home before 6am, got to the park past 6am
I usually take G.U.O anytime am traveling to Lagos from PHC but unfortunately G.U.O said they are not operating that day so I had to use another company. I saw different company but choose Cross Country because I thought they had good reputation but alas I was so wrong.
The bus fare was 4k(some company said it is 3500). The bus was suppose to depart by 6:30am but we did not leave the park at waterlines until past 8. After getting to Bori camp bus stop, the manager called the driver that he should wait for 4 more passengers to join the bus. We waited for over 30 minutes on the road, when the four passengers came,no one apologized for wasting our time. At park they told us the bus is an AC bus but we later discovered that the AC is not working, the CD/DVD player is not working, the radio player is not working.
The bus had radiator over heating problem, the radiator over heated 5 times (we had to be fetching water and pouring inside the radiator).
The bus battery is bad, we had to push the bus several times anytime the driver stops the engine.
We had flat tire on the road(the passengers helped him to change the tire).
The customer care numbers on the ticket is not going through.
The clutch is faulty
The driver has never drove from PHC to Lagos before (The passengers were the one directing him on the route)
We fought with the driver and later begged him when he threatened to cause an accident with the bus.
When we got to sagamu, the driver started saying that he is on Training, and any driver on training is given a "bad" bus to drive for practicals and he drove corpers from Lagos to PHC few days ago.
Nobody was able to sleep through out the journey because we were all scared that an accident will happen.
We got to Lagos past 10.
The driver's name is Laja.
He said if he is successful in driving the bad bus to Lagos that it means he has passed the training and get employed by Cross country.
My reason for writing all these is to bring to the cross country company notice that our life is too dear for using us to do training and practicals.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross Country Bus:what A Mess by ChemicalReaction(f): 7:34am On Nov 28, 2016
Lol.. So for ur mind that driver no like himself wey go make am get accident on purpose. These transport companies sef! They're all the same. Sorry for ur experience but next time use NDDC..
Re: Cross Country Bus:what A Mess by otokx(m): 7:36am On Nov 28, 2016
Pictures would have helped prove your point a great deal.
Re: Cross Country Bus:what A Mess by ginkus(m): 7:39am On Nov 28, 2016
pix

Re: Cross Country Bus:what A Mess by ginkus(m): 7:47am On Nov 28, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Lol.. So for ur mind that driver no like himself wey go make am get accident on purpose. These transport companies sef! They're all the same. Sorry for ur experience but next time use NDDC..
The guy is a very good driver, but the problem is that they gave him a bus not in good condition to test how he could manage the bus and also to minimize their loss incase an accident occur
Re: Cross Country Bus:what A Mess by ginkus(m): 7:51am On Nov 28, 2016
more pix

can you imagine, if their enemy have died, they will only pay 65k to the individual

Re: Cross Country Bus:what A Mess by otokx(m): 8:11am On Nov 28, 2016
Cross country is in deep trouble now, a picture of passengers pushing the bus would have been the final nail in the coffin.

1 Like

Re: Cross Country Bus:what A Mess by ginkus(m): 8:17am On Nov 28, 2016
otokx:
Cross country is in deep trouble now, a picture of passengers pushing the bus would have been the final nail in the coffin.
I had to join hands in pushing the bus too
Re: Cross Country Bus:what A Mess by YUNGLURD(m): 11:03am On Nov 28, 2016
This con3 is in big mess, imagine how ppl's lives re being endangered...Moreso, this ugly experience is also seen in the aviation sector..No one to cry to, even govt seems careless...The best thing is to seek greener pasture, nothing is working in my con3. cry
Re: Cross Country Bus:what A Mess by Originalsly: 12:33pm On Nov 28, 2016
This is funny... but serious. Sounds like adventure to me.... and paying for all this! Hmmm.... you say the driver is good... I say he is suicidal. What if he's angry for some reason and decide to commit suicide by crashing the bus? Thanks for sharing... we now know the risks we would be taking.
Re: Cross Country Bus:what A Mess by ginkus(m): 12:52pm On Nov 28, 2016
Originalsly:
This is funny... but serious. Sounds like adventure to me.... and paying for all this! Hmmm.... you say the driver is good... I say he is suicidal. What if he's angry for some reason and decide to commit suicide by crashing the bus? Thanks for sharing... we now know the risks we would be taking.
funny enough, after we fought with him and a woman used her shoe to head him on the head, he got angry and threatened to cause an accident with the bus. We had to stylishly beg him
Re: Cross Country Bus:what A Mess by Stateside: 4:53am On Nov 29, 2016
My gripe with this whole mess is that the vehicle is fairly new. Wouldn't have cost a lot of money to put it in a great condition and to be working perfectly again.

How people expect to be making money and not spend money is beyond me

God help us

1 Like

Re: Cross Country Bus:what A Mess by ginkus(m): 10:54am On Nov 29, 2016
Stateside:
My gripe with this whole mess is that the vehicle is fairly new. Wouldn't have cost a lot of money to put it in a great condition and to be working perfectly again.

How people expect to be making money and not spend money is beyond me

God help us
I don't think it is fairly used.
A fairly used car would not have ac problem, radio problem, cd problem, radiator overheating problem, battery problem.
The seats are old, the interiors is old, and the car is making noise when on top speed
Re: Cross Country Bus:what A Mess by Stateside: 9:52pm On Dec 01, 2016
ginkus:

I don't think it is fairly used.
A fairly used car would not have ac problem, radio problem, cd problem, radiator overheating problem, battery problem.
The seats are old, the interiors is old, and the car is making noise when on top speed

What i am trying to point out is that most of these cars are bought brand new. it is the maintenance culture made them so in few short yrs. it shouldnt be so
Re: Cross Country Bus:what A Mess by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
cross country! they have good drivers sha, my issh with them is delay,my kid sis was once delayed for over 3hrs.
Re: Cross Country Bus:what A Mess by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 02, 2016
I was delayed by over 4hrs using cross country, if you don't like delays avoid them
Re: Cross Country Bus:what A Mess by afrokid(m): 1:56am On Dec 03, 2016
The last time I went with Cross Country was 2007, they obviously haven't changed....

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria To Kigali.. / Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? / What’s Going On Here? Tribalism Or What? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.