Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,389 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. (1742 Views)

Lagosians Struggle To Get Gej's Bags Of Rice And Tubers Of Yam..check On It / Lagosians Struggle To Get GEJ's Bags Of Rice And Tubers Of Yam [Photo] / Civil Society Groups Trying To Get GEJ Banned From G8 Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by HiTek1: 4:05pm On May 20, 2011
By now, most of us are aware that GEJ is very active on Facebook. We are also aware that Facebook is an American-based company. This means that all the revenue GEJ generates for them through his hundreds of thousands of friends stays overseas.

This leads one to wonder why GEJ and other prominent Nigerians are not on Nairaland which arguably is the most popular forum in Nigeria and thus the closest thing to Facebook. It could be that they wish to avoid the inevitable insults they will receive on a forum such as NL. But then, they get the same insults on Facebook albeit to a lesser extent.

Has any top official of NL made an attempt to get GEJ, Buhari, Ribadu etc on Nairaland? They don’t have to leave Facebook or whichever forum they presently belong. All they have to do is simultaneously post the same materials they post on such forums on NL. To make it attractive, they should be guaranteed that all their posts will be fully moderated. This means that every reply to their posts will be read and approved by a moderator before appearing on the boards.
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by beejaei: 4:08pm On May 20, 2011
For your mind now, you be pioneer ooh. cool cool cool cool
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by snowdrops(m): 4:32pm On May 20, 2011
Nairaland is nothing compared to fb and tweeter. Hence they can reach more people through those media than NL wey be local champion grin
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by HiTek1: 4:40pm On May 20, 2011
snowdrops:

Nairaland is nothing compared to fb and tweeter. Hence they can reach more people through those media than NL wey be local champion grin

FB too was once a local champion. Do you know that when it started, it was only accessed by University students. Back then, it was known as FaceMash.
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by snowdrops(m): 4:42pm On May 20, 2011
And when it started it had no presidents as members.
Nairaland would have its day should that time come. Till then, it should cut its coat according to its size.
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 20, 2011
snowdrops:

The average nigerian and his complex
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by snowdrops(m): 4:46pm On May 20, 2011
blink182:

The average nigerian and his complex
which one be complex again. people like twist argument no be small. your problem is you are too narrow minded.
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 20, 2011
snowdrops:

which one be complex again. people like twist argument no be small. your problem is you are too narrow minded.
I beg make I hear as if you didn't mean the statement but added the laughing emoticon for fear that someone like me might hit on you
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by tpia5: 5:05pm On May 20, 2011
Good point @ poster.

Not sure its workable though.

If gej or any of the others decide to openly post on nl as it is now, other nigerian sites would also want to follow suit. Also, there's currently too much smut going on in the name of ethnic nationalism, and a high level of p.orn as well- not a good look if nl wants to go mainstream.

Also, too many 419ers. It would seem like govt endorsement.
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by HiTek1: 5:45pm On May 20, 2011
tpia@:

God point @ poster.

Not sure its workable though.

If gej or any of the others decide to openly post on nl as it is now, other nigerian sites would also want to follow suit. Also, there's currently too much smut going on in the name of ethnic nationalism, and a high level of p.orn as well- not a good look if nl wants to go mainstream.

Also, too many 419ers. It would seem like govt endorsement.

I don't know NL too well, but I know discussions can be rough and ugly. That's why I suggested that their posts be fully moderated.

You said a high level of p.orn exist on NL. Is it sanctioned by the owners? If not, then the moderator of that section must be failing in his duties. Not to argue with you, such practices also exist under the radar on FB.
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by aljharem3: 6:53pm On May 20, 2011
gej can not be on NL

because of the level of tribalism on this site will make leaders make biased decisions

imagine gej having the kind of bigots here telling him how they feel
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by Sunofgod(m): 7:07pm On May 20, 2011
Personally, I think GEJ and Co need to spend their time running the country.

That's what we voted (Rigged) them into power to do.

He used Facebbok as a publicity tool.

He wont get much respect announcing he now visits Nairaland - In fact being seen on Nairaland will diminish his reputation.
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by Fhemmmy: 7:10pm On May 20, 2011
snowdrops:

I totally disagree . . . . . . .
FB while it is a great avenue to pass messages across, i do agree that NL has grown to a household name for a forum where great minded individuals do come and rub minds, and besides, if any of the Nigerian politicians wanna know or hear the truth, they would be able to to hear it here, cos people dont have to worry about their comment been deleted by the dogs of the government . . . nor would they have to worry about them been delisted from the friends of the principal commentator.
FB became great because, people like you and i made it so . . . . .
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by Fhemmmy: 7:12pm On May 20, 2011
Sun of god:

Personally, I think GEJ and Co need to spend their time running the country.

That's what we voted (Rigged) them into power to do.

He used Facebbok as a publicity tool.

He wont get much respect announcing he now visits Nairaland - In fact being seen on Nairaland will diminish his reputation.

I am sorry, i dont agree with that.
If he could visit FB, what will diminish the respect for him for visiting a "Made in Nigeria" forum?
I think it is time for us Nigerians stop feeling so high on everything that is Made in "Non Nigeria" if other nations aint proud of what they have, they would not have been where they are
No re-branding without acceptance
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by dayokanu(m): 8:04pm On May 20, 2011
Introduce him to the sexuality and romance section.

Walahi he no go go anywhere else
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by tpia5: 8:44pm On May 20, 2011
^^nigeria don finish be that.
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by Genius100: 8:46pm On May 20, 2011
Why would GEJ want to be associated with a website that is full of bigots and delinquents. I don tell Seun, until the moderators crack down severely on the offenders, this website will continue to be a joke.
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by tpia5: 8:50pm On May 20, 2011
You said a high level of p.orn exist on NL. Is it sanctioned by the owners? If not, then the moderator of that section must be failing in his duties. Not to argue with you, such practices also exist under the radar on FB.

a lot of times the p.orn is posted by users who feel they're invincible- either because they're hackers or because they have trafficking connections.

it might be rather too late to do anything about it now.

the practices existing under the radar on fb at least shows a concerted effort is being made to keep the site sanitized for now. Such things matter.
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by tpia5: 8:51pm On May 20, 2011

food for thought.
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by snowdrops(m): 9:03pm On May 20, 2011
blink182:

I beg make I hear as if you didn't mean the statement but added the laughing emoticon for fear that someone like me might hit on you
what planet are you on. Me fear you. let me check if we are in the jokes section.
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 20, 2011
Jonathan is here already. . .I guess he's hiding under some of those terrible Ids to disguise himself.Anyways,beaf should know better sha.
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by HiTek1: 9:31pm On May 20, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Jonathan is here already. . .I guess he's hiding under some of those terrible Ids to disguise himself.Anyways,beaf should know better sha.

Disguised IDs do not count. On FB, GEJ appears as himself.
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by MaiSuya(m): 9:38pm On May 20, 2011
How do we he's not already on NL? the way some people dey support am sometimes, justifying even the patently unjustifiable makes me wonder
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 20, 2011
Hi_Tek:

Disguised IDs do not count. On FB, GEJ appears as himself.

That guy comes here everytime.trust me.
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by henry101(m): 5:40am On May 21, 2011
The level of tribalism exisibited here is alarming,
Any way if GEJ could mention that He visits Nigerian village square why not Niaraland?
I noticed you have seasoned contributors on Nigerian village square with little or no trabalism.
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by lwise(m): 8:15am On May 21, 2011
since i join this forun i can easily conclude that nairaland is nt properly moderated.i dont xpect smone like gej to b a member.he can just b here in disguise.
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by Seun(m): 8:17am On May 21, 2011
Na wa o. What makes you feel the forum is not properly moderated? Anyway, we don't need any gov attention.
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by Pharoh: 9:28am On May 21, 2011
Seun:

Na wa o. What makes you feel the forum is not properly moderated? Anyway, we don't need any gov attention.

It is not properly moderated because of all the negative activities going inside the forum and it definitely does not have a development plan. There is nothing bad in having government attention as you can be a source of reference that will increase the popularity of this site. It will expose you to other opportunities and give you credibility to provide other needed services.
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by Sunofgod(m): 9:29am On May 21, 2011
Seun:

Na wa o.  What makes you feel the forum is not properly moderated?  Anyway, we don't need any gov attention.

Maybe one day you will find time to read through your complaints section.

There is a lot of feedback there that if acted upon would vastly improve the quality of NL.

Ignoring such feedback is both arrogant and dangerous. And I'm sure NL has lost countless users because of this.

And as for not wanting Govt attention - I think the attention world Govt's paid to the likes of Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc contributed to their massive success.

But they only got that attention by constantly improving the quality of their sites and acting on their user's feedback.

The same cannot be said of 'Naraland'.

Imagine this - A Govt 'Big Wig' such as a Minister or Senator publicly Complimenting and Endorsing NL as a site that the Govt approves because of its 'Quality' and constant 'Innovation'.
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by ITbomb(m): 10:26am On May 21, 2011
I can authoritatively tell you that Ima Niboro is a member and log on to nl at least once a day in addition to fb and newspaper sites.
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by adino(m): 5:10pm On May 21, 2011
NAIRALAND "THE INTERNET FAMOUS BEER PARLOUR"
Dreamers will keep dreaming because they have the right to, for your information GEJ has openly commented on NIGERIA VILLAGE SQUARE. The level of idio;cy and mediocri,ty is high voltage alarming. GEJ will never ever be a part of NL.
Was it not this same NL that gave Anambra Election to Ngige in 2010, but the reality on ground was very different. Dapo Lam is a living victim of NL, instead of him to campaign to his people he ignorantly relied on NL and got beaten by a common PDP man in Oyo legislative election just last month.
Nairaland means nothing to a sensible Nigerian politicians, 90% or more of posters in the politics section post thrash, derail sensible threads, have multiple ID's and and hide their stup;idity with ethnic bigotry and plain 100 carat ignorance. What we have in Nairaland is Fake Traffic.
We dash NL to chief Almajiri Buhari and others, but GEJ will never be here.
NAIRALAND "THE INTERNET FAMOUS BEER PARLOUR"
I Laugh in nairaland. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Get GEJ And Others On Nairaland. by isalegan2: 11:46pm On May 21, 2011
Seun:

Na wa o.  What makes you feel the forum is not properly moderated?  Anyway, we don't need any gov attention.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-664067.0.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Respite In Sight As Abuja Light Rail Nears Completion? / Breaking News:kabiru Sokoto Escapes Again? / IS GEJ Tired Of Leading Nigeria Or What?... See Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.