Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,445 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (878231 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TemmmmyT(f): 8:08pm On Aug 26, 2021
[quote author=Jessica50 post=105210147][/quote]

Has your eligibility started ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gloryyssssz: 8:12pm On Aug 26, 2021
ManlikeDee:
Hello

Please how do one do an upfront medicals? Any specific hospital?

Yes Qlife or iom

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jessica50: 8:29pm On Aug 26, 2021
[quote author=ManlikeDee post=105210625]Hello

I used IOM at lekki
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jessica50: 8:31pm On Aug 26, 2021
[quote author=TemmmmyT post=105210666]

I don't even know, I hardly check my status, I checked my status for the first time 2 weeks after I saw medical passed, nothing has changed eversince
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ManlikeDee: 8:37pm On Aug 26, 2021
Gloryyssssz:

Yes Qlife or iom

Bless wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 26, 2021
If anyone needs medical reservations, mine and my husband’s medicals is reserved for sept 2 but due to some unforeseen circumstances, we won’t be using it. Please send me a DM.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jessica50: 8:49pm On Aug 26, 2021
lekefelix:
You're not alone. We share the same timeline.

God help us, has your eligibility been reviewed mine is still in process since May

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by emmalextemtop: 8:54pm On Aug 26, 2021
makano:
Hello Emma

1. Medical done by the applicant without the request of IRCC is called Upfront Medicals..

2. 1 year

You can do your upfront before or after your application.. For the former, you will need to upload it with the documents you will be submitting for your application... For the later, you will need to upload through the Webform or through the IRCC emails..

Lastly, Once you do your Upfront medicals and you submit the medical slip, your medicals will be updated to "PASSED" in days or weeks time... And if at all there will be a Medical request after this, the medical request wont show in your profile because you have already passed your upfront medicals, it can just come in form of a "ghost Update", but it will surely show in your GCMS note that a Medical request was recommended for you...

Peace

Tnks so much, appreciate!

But medicals done with the request of IRCC is called what?

If there is a request from IRCC for the medicals, will i still upload via webform? Am thinking submitting via webform might also be delaying as those IRCC guys might not attend to it for long as seeing from several cases, maybe i should wait for them to request for it.

If peradventure i did it before i apply for visa, how will i upload the medical together with my application, which portion will i upload it, client info?

Also, do you advise i book for it now and do the medicals to avoid any delay after applying for study permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ManlikeDee: 9:02pm On Aug 26, 2021
ManlikeDee:

Bless wink

Sorry please how much is the medicals fee?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 9:04pm On Aug 26, 2021
Lekiboboe:

1) Await a response to your first question

2) Go there with your;
- Biometric Instruction Letter
- Appointment letter
- Your International Passport
- 2 Coloured Copies of your International Passport Data Page (Print this before going to the Center, cos if u don't , u would be left with no choice than to print it at an outrageous amount at the center)
- Go with your NoseMask so you don't buy #50 nose mask for #500 cool

Note: Ignore any tout or anyone that comes to meet you or wants to convince you that you need Passport Photograph, it is not needed

See the link below for;

Biometrics at VFS Office Lagos (Based on the experience of a Nairaland Member)
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/12#97324402
B) Those tout at lekki scammed me ! He just have to Ignore those miserable people
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Onyekachiii: 9:38pm On Aug 26, 2021
Hello everybody, please Someone just posted in a group on WhatsApp that his agent that is based in Canada just told him that all those that got ppr request from from august 15th to 25th IRCC said it was a computer issue, so they are returning their passports back, please how authentic is this information?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Victoryokondu: 9:43pm On Aug 26, 2021
Onyekachiii:
Hello everybody, please Someone just posted in a group on WhatsApp that his agent that is based in Canada just told him that all those that got ppr request from from august 15th to 25th IRCC said it was a computer issue, so they are returning their passports back, please how authentic is this information?

Lol, na Ircc con know that one o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akum1: 9:44pm On Aug 26, 2021
Is Frank a certified RCIC consultant?

MEDOLAB:

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lobinche101(m): 9:46pm On Aug 26, 2021
Onyekachiii:
I beg I no won laugh....what nonsense. I dont think this is possible

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 9:46pm On Aug 26, 2021
Onyekachiii:
Return wetin ?
����������

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by OmaJoe1: 9:50pm On Aug 26, 2021
Hello NairaLanders

Please when booking flight for someone travelling with student visa, do I need to book a return ticket also?

Is a return ticket required for student visa for travel?

@Linana and others that have travelled, your input is needed.

Thanks in anticipation for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akum1: 9:54pm On Aug 26, 2021
Hello All,

I have been following this thread and several instances have come up about using agents and getting into trouble down the line. Rule of thumb is to verify if your consultant is licensed and regulated by ICCRC, the governing body for Immigration consultants in Canada.

https://iccrc-crcic.ca/find-a-professional/ - This is the link to search for an immigration agent you want to use for your Canada journey. If they are not on the list - I will advise you don't venture.

This ensures that your agent is held accountable if there is negligence on your application - as they can be reported and disciplined. In some cases, agents are required to refund the money for services provided if there was a mistake as well. They are bound by a code of ethics that is taken very seriously. Thought to share this so everyone is well informed!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 26, 2021
OmaJoe1:
Hello NairaLanders

Please when booking flight for someone travelling with student visa, do I need to book a return ticket also?

Is a return ticket required for student visa for travel?

@Linana and others that have travelled, your input is needed.

Thanks in anticipation for your response.
no you don’t need a return ticket
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dofrenzy: 10:00pm On Aug 26, 2021
ForevaTT:
Hi,

Since the 1st of April 2021, I've been a silent reader on Nairaland. I learned about web-forms, e-mailing MPs (which I did), and even the official email address to contact for updates using this platform.

My application was approved this morning after nearly 5 months of checking my e-mail every day and sending multiple web-forms. God takes all the glory on this one.

I have a Bsc. in Computer Technology from BU but applied for an Advanced Diploma Business Admin course at Seneca College and my application was approved. It happens to be a three year course btw! This means it's very possible to apply for a diploma even with a Bsc.
My mother is my sponsor and note this, i supplied a fixed deposit investment from a reputable Microfinance bank (alongside an access bank statement of account). 95% of the monies were with the MFB. I also supplied my company bank statement with SCB.

I also supplied the following :
1. Lease agreement i had secured with a student residence on campus.
2. SOP written by me (edited by God grin) , explaining my career path and study purpose. As a footwear designer, i included a catalogue of my designs, CAC documents and also attached my CV.
3. Sponsorship letter from my mum narrating my business achievements and why she chose to support me further.

Overall, I believe God's favor was at work here because I've seen many more qualified people be turned down! What God cannot do does not exist!

Keep praising God in anticipation, you are next !

congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 26, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Toopee: 10:08pm On Aug 26, 2021
Onyekachiii:

God forbid!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by shupy: 10:08pm On Aug 26, 2021
jollytravels:
GOOD EVENING ALL,

AM new here please can someone help me answer this question if am applying alone for student visa and am self sponsoring myself do my husband still need to give me his statement, i have my statement. payslips , properties document etc, But since we are both civil servant i have added his appointment letter, letter of last promotion and pension statement which i have also added for myself as the applicant. This is to show proof that in my absence he can take care of the kids, and he added a consent letter permitting me to go for study visa and that he will take charge of the home front please will that suffice?
Your husband's statement of account is not a requirement, however if there's sufficient fund in it, then it's a plus to your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ogunleyesijibomi: 10:09pm On Aug 26, 2021
Hello house.. pls this number +1 (613) 265-1300 called me on what's app four months ago telling me he assist applicant in several ways and was requesting money from me.. this evening he has called me with hidden number telling me.to remove my post I posted to alert other nairaland member.

Why did he call me few months ago to request.for money ?
Why calling with hidden number?..

All members of naira land should keep off from this number +1 (613) 265-1300 for any assistance.. be vigilant
For any assistant ask Mr Frank or any genuine nairaland member. Thanks

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Timegi99: 10:10pm On Aug 26, 2021
I think this is a dumb question so don't judge me. For online applications how do you go about the digital photo. I used Visafoto.com but I saw
You must also upload the photographer's information (name, address and date the photo was taken) to the "Client Information" item, under Optional Documents. We accept the photographer's receipt or a text file.
I actually just took a selfie and used visafoto to change it to ircc standards. Don't know exactly how to address the above. Please help smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:17pm On Aug 26, 2021
Hello Emma,

When an application is on the route of an approval without an upfront medicals, an applicant with such application will definitely get Medical request from IRCC...

The Clinics (IOM, Qlife) submits all Medical results of all applicants to IRCC, be it Upfront Medical or Medical Rquest, its left for the applicants to either upload the medical slip to IRCC or not....

For your last question, with recent delayed attention by the IRCC VOs on applciations as regards Study permit, most applicants go for Upfront medicals to avoid unnecessary delay in getting their final decision...

But please note:
Upfront medicals passed is a 50:50 chance, while a Medical request passed is 90% on its way to APPROVAL..

Peace
emmalextemtop:

Tnks so much, appreciate!

But medicals done with the request of IRCC is called what?

If there is a request from IRCC for the medicals, will i still upload via webform? Am thinking submitting via webform might also be delaying as those IRCC guys might not attend to it for long as seeing from several cases, maybe i should wait for them to request for it.

If peradventure i did it before i apply for visa, how will i upload the medical together with my application, which portion will i upload it, client info?

Also, do you advise i book for it now and do the medicals to avoid any delay after applying for study permit?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Godmakesking: 10:24pm On Aug 26, 2021
If anyone needs medical reservations, mine and my husband’s medicals is reserved for sept 2 but due to some unforeseen circumstances, we won’t be using it. Please send me a DM.

Thank you

Hello Becalina,
I am interested. How can I reach you?

Thanks,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Godmakesking: 10:26pm On Aug 26, 2021
Becalina:

Thank you

Hello Becalina,
I am interested. How can I reach you?

Thanks,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jessica50: 10:30pm On Aug 26, 2021
KellyKk:

Return wetin ?
����������
fake agent with their sweet mouth
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DamilareOla: 10:30pm On Aug 26, 2021
Congratulations Chief. It's a blessed land for you.

ForevaTT:
Hi,

Since the 1st of April 2021, I've been a silent reader on Nairaland. I learned about web-forms, e-mailing MPs (which I did), and even the official email address to contact for updates using this platform.

My application was approved this morning after nearly 5 months of checking my e-mail every day and sending multiple web-forms. God takes all the glory on this one.

I have a Bsc. in Computer Technology from BU but applied for an Advanced Diploma Business Admin course at Seneca College and my application was approved. It happens to be a three year course btw! This means it's very possible to apply for a diploma even with a Bsc.
My mother is my sponsor and note this, i supplied a fixed deposit investment from a reputable Microfinance bank (alongside an access bank statement of account). 95% of the monies were with the MFB. I also supplied my company bank statement with SCB.

I also supplied the following :
1. Lease agreement i had secured with a student residence on campus.
2. SOP written by me (edited by God grin) , explaining my career path and study purpose. As a footwear designer, i included a catalogue of my designs, CAC documents and also attached my CV.
3. Sponsorship letter from my mum narrating my business achievements and why she chose to support me further.

Overall, I believe God's favor was at work here because I've seen many more qualified people be turned down! What God cannot do does not exist!

Keep praising God in anticipation, you are next !

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MJ1000: 10:51pm On Aug 26, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by RealEmmytech: 10:54pm On Aug 26, 2021
Please, what is the regular requirement process!?+
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 26, 2021
elenewton1:
Open the VFS Nigeria website, you will see a chat icon below. Use it to chat real-time with any of their technical guys, they will resolve it instantly.

thanks bro.God bless.ur advice worked.I have booked

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (834)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.