Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (491) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (856325 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kingarhis: 2:54am On Nov 02, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Yes you can, but the program would be a PG.cert program that is related to your work experience. If your work experience is related to what you studied in the University, Good for you, but if it's not, the bolded is your best shot.

Some supporting documents would be essential for your admission as well

Read everything in the links below

Potential Documents needed to apply for admission in a Canadian College for a PG. Cert program
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/221#103080983

Its advisable you write a COVER LETTER and a Canadian Style Resume to support your admission, so you can show the reasons why you want to go for any of the above programs, cos even on your STATEMENT OF PURPOSE (SOP) for your Study Visa Application, you gonna be expected to explain "WHY SO SO PROGRAM AT SO SO SCHOOL"

See the link below for;

Canadian Résumé Style & Cover Letter Sample for Admission into a College for a PG. Cert Program (Find attached)
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/17#102092733

If you are going for a Program not related to your degree, but related to your work experience, go through the contents in the link below (very important)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/414#95068409

Hello gurus in the house,I don’t know if I get this right,just wishing sees this and helps out

I just got my study permit to study global business management in Conestoga college,Ontario

Booked a flight using Lufthansa airlines and landing in Toronto before another connecting flight to Ottawa,heard I can take a train or car to Ontario from Ottawa,I’m confused
Need to know if I’m good to go and other documents I might be needing

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sayittome(m): 3:17am On Nov 02, 2021
Thanks so much bro.
He is using an agent for the visa stuff.
Hopefully, it will come out.
Waskylala:

Seems you haven't done your research on Canada? There are so much work to the extent they are bringing in migrants to help fill up those works.

I sure say he will be making over 100k(naira) per week, and you know they pay in CAD.

Let him hustle for visa first and Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sayittome(m): 3:37am On Nov 02, 2021
Waskylala:

Let's say he gets the visa, any idea what he needs to do or what other requirements he need to meet?
Does he need to do medicals or provide some other documents?
I am asking to know the the financial cost.
Will he need to buy books when he gets there and what is d cost of accomodations in Canada?
Seems you haven't done your research on Canada? There are so much work to the extent they are bringing in migrants to help fill up those works.

I sure say he will be making over 100k(naira) per week, and you know they pay in CAD.

Let him hustle for visa first and Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sayittome(m): 3:46am On Nov 02, 2021
PapaObi:
Realisticly speaking getting a job may take 1-3months. Pay, depending on hours he gets 500-900 a month.
Thanks alot.
How much do u think he needs to have on hand before he secures he job bro? I mean pocket money than can sustain him be before he finds a job?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gift212: 3:56am On Nov 02, 2021
Congratulations on your student permit.
I'm not a guru o, but you're already landing in Toronto,which is ontario, you don't need to go to ottawa again. Your already in the province of your school. You can take a train from Toronto to Kitchener. There's a direct train from union station in Toronto to kitchener, 2 hour or so journey.
Here's a link that can help you plan your journey, train times, cost etc https://www.gotransit.com/en/trip-planning/plan-your-trip
Goodluck and safe travels.

Kingarhis:

Hello gurus in the house,I don’t know if I get this right,just wishing sees this and helps out

I just got my study permit to study global business management in Conestoga college,Ontario

Booked a flight using Lufthansa airlines and landing in Toronto before another connecting flight to Ottawa,heard I can take a train or car to Ontario from Ottawa,I’m confused
Need to know if I’m good to go and other documents I might be needing

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by olasubomy: 4:51am On Nov 02, 2021
Hello guys,

I stumbled on these tips on writing academic essays for those applying to schools for admissions.

These tips from this Youtuber might give some clues on how to go about your essay. I particularly like how she explained with gestures and demonstrations that viewers can relate to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAbAtCoMV0U&list=PLPTqUXuJ7a5fO6nDYUP_coq_qXNSEEj4h

I wish everyone success.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 7:40am On Nov 02, 2021
Grazat2021:
Thank you all so much for this thread, it has been so informative. I got my PPR last week, glory be to God.

But it's coming after my admission has expired as they refused to defer to January but asked I reapply for Fall,2022. It was so painful, as I have to start over with application for admissions. But God knows best.

Here is my question, my former program was a 1 year master, but the school I'm seeing now for a similar program for Summer, 2022 is 2 years masters. My concern, what should I do? Get the offer and update IRCC by raising a webform? Will it make any difference, I'm asking if I will be given 2 years study permit? Or will it be risky to do, will I loose my Visa approval as this program is 2 years and my financial statement was for the 1 year program. Or what will you advice I do? I need your URGENT RESPONSES PLEASE. Thank you.

First, let me state that it was so wrong of you that you got PPR and you never cared to come to share in the group that helped you so that others can learn and see how and what you did differently. you only come back cos you need help from the same group again. nevertheless, the group will always be there for each other.

Now to your question, Since the school has said you can apply for a new application for fall 2022, I think you may have a chance of securing admission since you did for the first time. if you secure admission since in the same DLI and same course all you need is to update IRCC and inform them of the new LOA (via mail and webform). But if you should apply to another DLI and get a new LOA, you will start your visa application from scratch again as stated by IRCC ( so long as the change of DLI was from outside Canada).

my opinion though

wait for gurus to guide you propoerly.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oviebright: 7:46am On Nov 02, 2021
Is it compulsory that a sponsor's account must be audited for a visa application? And is tax clearance also compulsory for a sponsors account?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 02, 2021
Jam2jam:
To whom it may concern,

I have seen posts here from people who don't know how to start writing their SOP or how to go about reapplying.

I, too, was only successful on my second attempt, so I figured I would share my SOP.
Of course, no 2 cases are the same, but it may guide somebody here on how to go about writing theirs.

Note I applied for a graduate certificate after completing a Master's.
Completed Bachelors in 2013, Masters in 2016, then applied for a Graduate certificate to start in 2020.

I will answer any questions directed at me if I can.

See attached the redacted version of my SOP.
nice sir.thanks for sharing. However I want to add to this and suggest something.

please in ur SOP background. dont talk about all the places u worked or ur academics.my suggestion is this.u divide it into mini sections 1st but Adress ur home tie 1st by talking about urself and family.my suggestion is below

BACKGROUND:

Personal:

I am a business man with 5 years experience selling shoes in a market called emeka international market in Aba,Abia state of Nigeria and has successfully opened two branches in Lagos and Abuja.I am married to a beautiful lady called Halimat Okeke Adebisi and we are blessed with two wonderful children called ruth bayo cynthia who is 2 years of age and babtunde John Osaze is 4 years old.my wife works at the secretary to the president of Banana Republic.I am the 5th child out of 5 of my parents.my father is a retired sailor while my mom owns an airport in Dubai. our 1st born is a medical doctor with Havana hospital, 2nd child is a business tycoon importing monkeys,3rd child sells cars in Dublin and my immediate elder sister sells chewing stick in Banana Island.

Acedemics:
I finishes Secondary school in 1984, having passed my waec with A parallel and got Admission to Nigeria open university to study shoe making .I chose shoe making because I believe eventually no matter how hard the Economy of every nation may b,every one eventually buys shoes and so this is a Business that must move.I graduated in 1988 with a BSC in Shoe making with distinction. after my graduation I did A certification I'm shoe making to improve on my skills

professional :

Haven graduated from the university, I proceeded to my one year compulsory youth service called Nigerian youth service Corp where I worked in a shoe company called bata shoe company. I was in charge of production of unborn baby's shoes and I was so good at it because more looking at a pregnant woman belle ,I could tell the size of the shoe the baby will wear.I was so good at my Job that my company experienced high sales of unborn baby's shoe within that year that I was retained after my NYSC.I was promoted to the position of production manager for unborn baby's shoe within 4 years of working with them where I worked for another 5 years and then because of my passion for producing shoes,I felt my company was limiting me.I resigned my appointment in 1997 to open my own shoe company that specializes in the production of unborn baby's shoe.

PURPOSE OF STUDIES :

After 4 years of successful running my business, I realized that there is a very high demand for unborn baby's slippers whose production is quite different from shoes.I realize that most of the slippers that the unborn babies are wearing was been imported from China and the Government of Nigeria is trying to encourage the local production of those slippers here in Nigeria to reduce importation.The government has even gone to the extent of giving very soft loans to the few companies that has started producing it here and has promised to even place a ban of such importation to encourage local production. I realize that this is a big business opportunity for me.I have done my extensive research and found out that Canada has the best Universities that teach the production of slippers for unborn babies more than any other country and it goes with practical analysis and teaching.Our universities here in my lovely country Nigeria has a lot of limitations to practical teaching of this course due to some unfortunate lapses in information technology and I will not be able to get the right training and skill that will enable my company to produce the best slippers for unborn baby that can rival any company in the world hence my interest in studying masters in shoe making in Toronto University with a specialty in slippers for unborn baby and was given admission.

WHY NOW:
u adress this if u have a study gap and talk about how ur shoe business has taken ur time and u were not able to further

WHY CANADA :u draw more points

WHY UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO

FUTURE GOALS :
talk about how ur shoe company will be the best in Africa and why ur slippers will be imported to other African countries to generate more foreign exchange revenue for ur country .talk about the relevance of ur studies to ur plans of settling in Nigeria the country with the best GDP in Africa and one of the richest black nation in the world. The richest black man Dangote is ur mentor and he started his business in Nigeria and grew his business in this nation that has a very big market that so many foreigners leave their countries to come and invest in this country. U intend to take advantage of the opportunity given to u as a Nigerian living in Nigeria to expand ur business

FINANCE AND STAY:

Present Remuneration and Salaries:

Financial plan for studies:

Lump sum:if there are any,u adress it convincingly

Asset Declaration :all ur properties and their worth

Travel history :Talk about ur travel history. u can be honest and talk about ur denied U.S visa if u please and tell them what u wanted to do in US that made u to wanted to apply and y u felt u were denied but continued with ur business. it's not compulsory to talk about ur denial o cos if it's not well constructed it could make the V.O have an idea that u may be an Economic immigrant. so u have to construct it well to make him feel it was not a do or die affair.ifvu have been denied in Canada before, u can Adress it too with a letter of explanation here.
if u have no travel history like me,just talk about how u love ur country and life in ur country and have never had the desire to leave cos everything u wanted in life is here.talk good about Nigeria here.ur only desire to leave now is that u need this education to expand ur shoe and slippers business now in order for u to grow in business here in Nigeria and take the advantage of the demand for ur products.

PLEASE FOR THOSE THAT HAS BEEN ASKING ME PRIVATELY. THIS IS HOW I WROTE MY OWN SOP.

The shoe business is just an example of taking advantage of ur situation to buttress ur point to the V.O.

the background talk of urself,family,mom,dad,brothers and sisters ,their job and families can help strengthen ur family ties in the eyes of the VO.Myy suggestion is talk about ur Family.

THIS IS MY HUMBLE SUGGESTION. Am not a guru

23 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oby2828: 7:55am On Nov 02, 2021
elenewton1:
Inspector Titi 08035618789.
It is 5k naira. You should get it done under 30 minutes.

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 02, 2021
Jessica50:
good day everyone.
I keep having problem with my application, I withdrew my application and I was refunded then i submitted it again,which showed successful, till today I havent gotten confirmation message, I don't know what ircc is doing again. now they are telling me I don't have an open application till my application is open I will get a message, don't know this new style again
I think at this juncture, I am surprised oo.this is the 1st time I am hearing of this ur situation. please contact a guru personally if u can.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 02, 2021
Ketima:

First, let me state that it was so wrong of you that you got PPR and you never cared to come to share in the group that helped you so that others can learn and see how and what you did differently. you only come back cos you need help from the same group again. nevertheless, the group will always be there for each other.

Now to your question, Since the school has said you can apply for a new application for fall 2022, I think you may have a chance of securing admission since you did for the first time. if you secure admission since in the same DLI and same course all you need is to update IRCC and inform them of the new LOA (via mail and webform). But if you should apply to another DLI and get a new LOA, you will start your visa application from scratch again as stated by IRCC ( so long as the change of DLI was from outside Canada).

my opinion though

Awon silent readers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 02, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 02, 2021
There's dignity in giving back to the community that has given you so much.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 8:20am On Nov 02, 2021
It's appalling. Saw his complaints yesterday checked his timeline e just muzz me sha.make everybody dey do wetin dem like.
Ketima:

my opinion though

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gloryejims(f): 8:22am On Nov 02, 2021
Hello everyone, please I need schools in Canada that offer business related courses (MSC) and doesn't require GMAT or GRE. Plus low tuition...

Help please. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 8:42am On Nov 02, 2021
Wow, just wow. Your conscience suppose hold you make you type this kind thing come bold am on top, which kind yan you dey even yan sef. It's an underlying rule. This thread is priceless and I'm sure you know. It's keeps on helping people. We are a collective here. No one is above all. Everyone has something to contribute if it's not your experience handling applications, it can be what you know about GIC, someone will have connects for police report, some people even meet offline to offer assistance. If the least and most harmless kind of aid is too just inform the same collective that you've been taking from about your timeline it's not too much haba. Why are you people like this?
Always going on the defensive if you don't agree with it. She has the right to complain and castigate because helping each other is the ultimate goal of this thread(if you didn't know before now you do). Even with that she still offered help regarding his situation, so what's the problem?.
This thing whey you talk so na why people no dey help. Every statement is judgemental. How's that passing judgement. Make una dey as una like sha. God dey!
ForevaTT:
I'm not sure if you're an admin, but even if you are, why would you make such a snap judgment about someone you've never met?
There's no rule dictating that you have to return right away, or at all to "testify".
Let's not forget that what someone submitted to get a PPR does not guarantee the same approval for another person.

If no rules were broken, feel free to express your thoughts pertaining to his/her question without passing judgment.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oviebright: 8:49am On Nov 02, 2021
Make person sha answer my questions. Is it compulsory for my sponsor to have tax clearance and audit report of his account? We nor need quarrels for this thread abeg.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 02, 2021
Oviebright:
Make person sha answer my questions. Is it compulsory for my sponsor to have tax clearance and audit report of his account? We nor need quarrels for this thread abeg.
no.except if ur sponsor's company is sponsoring u but if it's an individual, no need
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 02, 2021
ForevaTT:
I'm not sure if you're an admin, but even if you are, why would you make such a snap judgment about someone you've never met?
There's no rule dictating that you have to return right away, or at all to "testify".
Let's not forget that what someone submitted to get a PPR does not guarantee the same approval for another person.

If no rules were broken, feel free to express your thoughts pertaining to his/her question without passing judgment.

if u know how selfish ur tone sounds,u will delete ur words. Do u know everything I know about Canadian study Visa and everything that helped me package my application to getting my study permit I got from ppl success stories and timeline. if not ,I knew nothing before joining this thread. If we all decide to b silent listeners,then this group is already dead.shard ur timeline to encourage others.ppl like me have gotten PPR and dont need it but we are still here trying to give back.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 8:57am On Nov 02, 2021
Hi ForevaTT,

What He said was not wrong.
This forum is not a paid forum but an open source for everyone to learn daily.

I always have issues with people who come here for questions only without passing down knowledge.

(I speak for myself) 80% of what we know today on Canada SP is from this forum.
Not that VO taught Us but from idea sharing on this forum.

He never said He should drop timeline and documents submitted instantly.
When He had the PPR , He should have shared also for others to learn. His mistakes might be helpful to some other people coming thru.

Then everyone knowledgeable will be eager to help His concern.
@Ketima still answered Him/Her with ideas…

We are One.

Regards.

ForevaTT:

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 9:00am On Nov 02, 2021
Lol.

No need.
Only if your sponsor is providing a company account which is not even advisable from trend…

Oviebright:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gloryejims(f): 9:05am On Nov 02, 2021
Please help me na... Na beg I dey beg..

Gloryejims:
Hello everyone, please I need schools in Canada that offer business related courses (MSC) and doesn't require GMAT or GRE. Plus low tuition...

Help please. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 9:06am On Nov 02, 2021
Like Me as I am, I’m still looking up to God to reapply soon.
I found this forum 3 months after my first submission and I’ve learnt a lot and still learning…

But I won’t stop passing knowledge of what I know…

@ForevaTT.
I won’t just come here for Questions.
If everyone is coming here for Questions, then Who do we pay to answer ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 02, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 02, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Marytess(f): 9:15am On Nov 02, 2021
Jay316:
meet ur bank to do MBS 4 u.they will send it directly to the embassy and u dont need to print or upload anything aside the ticket no and password the bank will use to access ur already sent statement

Thank you. Will do just that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Stellagabu: 9:20am On Nov 02, 2021
Please does any one have sample of strong SOP and letter of Explanations for someone that has express entry profile and masters and wants to do a graduation certificate course for 2 years in Canada. Please I am a first time applicant in Canada.

Please kindly help send the sample to gabustella@gmail.com .

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KoinsOfLagos: 9:24am On Nov 02, 2021
Anyone here with room to rent in Kamloops?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 02, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gloryyssssz: 9:42am On Nov 02, 2021
Hello everyone,
I think it is rather selfish for you to have PPR and then not drop your timeline and the documents you submitted. Nairaland has been very very helpful to everyone here. If you think you know everything then I don’t think you should be in this platform. I have gotten my PPR but I still come here to learn things and help in every way that I can.
You don’t drop timeline after PPR but you Caine back and ask question for you expecting someone to answer you.
You keep collecting and collecting without giving back at all is wrong and very selfish which is Nigeria is the way it is right now.
I really hope this bad attitude don’t follow “them” to Canada.
So please stop collecting without giving.
Even if your application was not perfect still drop timeline. It gives people that are waiting hope.
I com in peace.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by quin9(f): 9:46am On Nov 02, 2021
ForevaTT:

Ehn…there’s also no rule that anyone answers you,how about that?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.