Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,769 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1171085 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:12am On Mar 20, 2022
Ray7878:

Is that to send things to Nigeria? Are they still in Plumstead? I live in Greenwich, would like to check them out.

Yes.... Fara beauty.... 14 borstall hill....
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:15am On Mar 20, 2022
missjekyll:
My people, I am struggling to locate a debtor who lives in Norwich.
How do I find him? Any bright ideas?
Thank you in advance.

We have tracking companies, it is their work o ........

When it comes to lending people money, simply say NO .......

In most cases, it ends in premium tears......... wink

You would first have to sue your debtor, assuming you win your case, then contact a debt tracking company,armed with your order......

It depends on how much is owed and if you are prepared for the extra cost associated cost/logistics......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 7:55am On Mar 20, 2022
Mimzyy:
Was trying to see if I could get something cheaper as prices were high on the airlines websites. Sometimes, agents/third party websites (genuine ones) have access to deals from these airlines that they will not directly offer to individuals…

Yes they may have access to some deals but considering the fact that they add their commission at the checkout and also the fact that if you have problems with that ticket at airport the airline will not help you then i don’t see the benefit.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 8:08am On Mar 20, 2022
umarwy:

700 3 weeks to submission.

Why can't they even do it early?

BTW palgerism is presenting someone work as yours.

Outsourcing/copy and paste. There both others work.

People outsource project when they spent time working and not doing the project or when their supervisor gave them project topic they got no clue about.
Yes outsourcing work is plagiarism
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 8:14am On Mar 20, 2022
Mimzyy:
Was trying to see if I could get something cheaper as prices were high on the airlines websites. Sometimes, agents/third party websites (genuine ones) have access to deals from these airlines that they will not directly offer to individuals…

I think it was in those days that agent had lower deals...a lot of airlines have now cut out the middle man . Definitely better direct

2012 or so I was going to naija and bought a ticket through an agent in UK via the phone. I think it was an Indian agency which I found on Google . They were the only ones I gave my bank / card details to. I bought the ticket maybe a month or two in advance.. the ticket was alright and I went to naija. I probably save £50 or so. Wasnt that much self that it was cheaper. But in my mind I was saving a lot

Unknown to me. It was targeted once I was in naija. Someone used my card details and went on a happy shopping. Buying some expensive cameras online for store pickup and didnt stop until the person withdrew all the money . Imagine if I was abroad and needed to pay for food after eating. That how my card would have declined

I came back home to see all my little hard earned money in about a week of constant buying ... Luckily Halifax gave me every penny back. Looking back I never shared my bank details with anyone , and so convenient it was done once I left the country. I have a feeling it the travel agent . I later got an invoice from the online company that the camera was sold. The name of the buyer was Amir Khan

I excitedly called Halifax back that I don help them catch the thief. Immediately I said the name Halifax person said ooo. That probably a fake name that don't I know who that is. I said no I never heard this name....lol. went to Google and saw a boxer had this name together with almost 100 people.

Lesson i learnt don't put all your money in one account and i put all my money in savings account that has no debit card and my debit card account doesn't have more than 3k at a time . Even 1k self

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 8:15am On Mar 20, 2022
justwise:

This outsourcing of course work and project is very common , i know at least two Nigerians who outsourced their final projects...one is a professor now. I know Indian students also do this a lot.

A Nigerian student i know years ago was begging someone to accept £700 to help her write her finally project as she has 3wks to submission

Yes it is unfortunately..
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:30am On Mar 20, 2022
LagosismyHome:

I think it was in those days that agent had lower deals...a lot of airlines have now cut out the middle man . Definitely better direct

2012 or so I was going to naija and bought a ticket through an agent in UK via the phone. I think it was an Indian agency which I found on Google . They were the only ones I gave my bank / card details to. I bought the ticket maybe a month or two in advance.. the ticket was alright and I went to naija. I probably save £50 or so. Wasnt that much self that it was cheaper. But in my mind I was saving a lot

Unknown to me. It was targeted once I was in naija. Someone used my card details and went on a happy shopping. Buying some expensive cameras online for store pickup and didnt stop until the person withdrew all the money . Imagine if I was abroad and needed to pay for food after eating. That how my card would have declined

I came back home to see all my little hard earned money in about a week of constant buying ... Luckily Halifax gave me every penny back. Looking back I never shared my bank details with anyone , and so convenient it was done once I left the country. I have a feeling it the travel agent . I later got an invoice from the online company that the camera was sold. The name of the buyer was Amir Khan

I excitedly called Halifax back that I don help them catch the thief. Immediately I said the name Halifax person said ooo. That probably a fake name that don't I know who that is. I said no I never heard this name....lol. went to Google and saw a boxer had this name together with almost 100 people.

Lesson i learnt don't put all your money in one account and i put all my money in savings account that has no debit card and my debit card account doesn't have more than 3k at a time . Even 1k self

Or create a virtual card. ........ Once payment is made, kill the card ......... grin

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 8:43am On Mar 20, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Yes.... Fara beauty.... 14 borstall hill....

Thank you. Would check out their prices.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by elisinho(m): 9:36am On Mar 20, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Or create a virtual card. ........ Once payment is made, kill the card ......... grin

I do this alot on revolut
I don't know if starling has the option

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 10:06am On Mar 20, 2022
Lexusgs430:

This is one of the reasons I use curve card.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:11am On Mar 20, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

Curve blocked me ........... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:19am On Mar 20, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

That 118 118 money you mentioned, some time ago.....

I find their trouble,they offered me £1200 debt card, within 2 months, they topped me up again.......

That 2nd wife marriage agenda, is getting closer....... grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by maklelemakukula(m): 10:33am On Mar 20, 2022
claremont:

https://free.alltvfans.com/select.html
Hi, good morning, please how do I pay for this without going through AliExpress and paying via debit card. Do they have a support I can contact ? Can I pay via cryptocurrency ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 10:47am On Mar 20, 2022
Lexusgs430:

That 118 118 money you mentioned, some time ago.....

I find their trouble,they offered me £1200 debt card, within 2 months, they topped me up again.......

That 2nd wife marriage agenda, is getting closer....... grin

Why would you go to 118118 you big man cheesy

Lexusgs430:

Curve blocked me ........... grin

wetin you do?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:07am On Mar 20, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

Why would you go to 118118 you big man cheesy

I am not one to sniff at free money ....... grin

Use and payback ....... Hmmmm Heaven....... grin

wetin you do?

High volume of transactions. They requested I sent them my bank statement, pay slips etc etc

I asked them if they are a credit card company or loan company ? ....

I asked if they would offer me a credit limit ?? They started mentioning regulations........

I politely told them, I was not going to send them jack ......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 11:20am On Mar 20, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

Curve's a really convenient concept.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 12:22pm On Mar 20, 2022
Lexusgs430:

High volume of transactions. They requested I sent them my bank statement, pay slips etc etc

I asked them if they are a credit card company or loan company ? ....

I asked if they would offer me a credit limit ?? They started mentioning regulations........

I politely told them, I was not going to send them jack ......... cheesy

Onijogbon ni man yii. They are obligated to report to regulatory bodies and the banks too.

TheGuyFromHR:

Curve's a really convenient concept.

Yes o.. They have started conquering US market.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

Onijogbon ni man yii. They are obligated to report to regulatory bodies and the banks too.

Yes o.. They have started conquering US market.

They are simply an aggregator....... It's the money I have, that I am spending nah .........

I loved that their switch card payment feature though....... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 12:47pm On Mar 20, 2022
Lexusgs430:

They are simply an aggregator....... It's the money I have, that I am spending nah .........

I loved that their switch card payment feature though....... wink

Yeah it's your money but somehow bypassing the bank's defences using curve's trust relationship. They owe the bank an explanation.

Do you know how many times I use go back in time feature when some retailers say they don't accept credit cards. Please I am also an investor like Sabinus grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HollyMadison(f): 1:02pm On Mar 20, 2022
harwe:
I am actually working but i am getting worried.

Download the HMRC app, verify your identity by answering the questions correctly. You’ll see your NI and other related info on the app.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HollyMadison(f): 1:12pm On Mar 20, 2022
mizGene:

Go and tell your school or your work place you outsourced your project since you are proud of your nonsense.

Case closed.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:15pm On Mar 20, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

Yeah it's your money but somehow bypassing the bank's defences using curve's trust relationship. They owe the bank an explanation.

Do you know how many times I use go back in time feature when some retailers say they don't accept credit cards. Please I am also an investor like Sabinus grin

For those retailers, that hate hearing section 75 ........ grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mimzyy(f): 1:51pm On Mar 20, 2022
Yeah it’s a Monzo thing definitely. She’s going to open another bank account soon. Thank you. Glad you got yours all sorted out.

giselle237:
sorry about your experience. maybe this problem is from Monzo. They should be able to help you quicker.
Mine was flight tickets as well. MThey also followed up with the merchant’s bank when they started to spill rubbish. Tickets were still valid for time of travel and I used them without any hitch.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mimzyy(f): 2:24pm On Mar 20, 2022
Na wah o. Different styles of scam. We learn everyday.

LagosismyHome:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 2:57pm On Mar 20, 2022
Am I over reacting?

My wife makes hair. She has been getting customers from other african countries on social media. One time, she charged a lady from Sierra Leone £40 for her daughter's hair, fortunately the lady was impressed after the job and paid £50.

Now in church, there are some people from her place, she approached them and told them about her craft that they should patronise her and possibly refer customers because they have been hear way longer.

Do you know that these people have been calling to make their children's hair with abeg. The abeg is not with small money o, it's for free. The one that was even considerate enough to pay is pricing £10 from £30 she was told. I've told wifey to leave them, they should go and continue where they were paying since they don't want to pay us. If their previous place was doing it free, they should continue there as well.

12 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2022
Viruses:
Am I over reacting?

My wife makes hair. She has been getting customers from other african countries on social media. One time, she charged a lady from Sierra Leone £40 for her daughter's hair, fortunately the lady was impressed after the job and paid £50.

Now in church, there are some people from her place, she approached them and told them about her craft that they should patronise her and possibly refer customers because they have been hear way longer.

Do you know that these people have been calling to make their children's hair with abeg. The abeg is not with small money o, it's for free. The one that was even considerate enough to pay is pricing £10 from £30 she was told. I've told wifey to leave them, they should go and continue where they were paying since they don't want to pay us. If their previous place was doing it free, they should continue there as well.

You’re not over reacting. They are badly behaved.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 3:58pm On Mar 20, 2022
Mimzyy:
Na wah o. Different styles of scam. We learn everyday.

I am tempted to say this probably cannot happen now because of multiple authentication and my bank now makes me confirm a code as a text message for online purchases ....however I think I shared this story before

2019, my hubby went online to pay the TV licence.. apparently it seems he was not on the official website and didn't know that. He was told to put all his card details and even bank details which he did

A week later someone called saying his from the bank that there is a £10,000 in his account accidentally paid that he should give him his pin code and stuff. There was something about the call that was dubious.The guy had heavy Indian accent and sounded so aggressive saying I need code ...he didn't first understand what the call was about ....but the guy was like u have to do this and that now...... The number was showing as HSBC My husband didn't give any pin or code. Cut the phone and called HSBC directly .

Turns out someone had used his account . Applied for a 10k loan( no clue how HSBC even allowed the loan to go through. So that first call from them FRAUDSTERS trying to pull the money out

HSBC stopped it all after my hubby spoke directly with them and the loan was returned as it disappeared from his account but Hsbc refused to tell us exactly what happened. How was someone able to take a loan in his name without his authorisation. Was it a staff of HSBC that was part of the scheme. We never know

But if you get a call from the bank asking for this and that. Best to cut that call and call the bank directly . Dont even call the number that called u. It might be a fradualent person claiming to be from the bank. My husband looks back and said there was something off about the TV licence site. They asked him more details than required but he wasn't paying attention at that time so he thinks that was when they grabbed all the info. the TV licence wasn't paid by the next week because it was a fake site . That another indication that the fraud came from there

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 7:13pm On Mar 20, 2022
mizGene:

Go and tell your school or your work place you outsourced your project since you are proud of your nonsense.
grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by blessuk16: 7:30pm On Mar 20, 2022
LagosismyHome:

I am tempted to say this probably cannot happen now because of multiple authentication and my bank now makes me confirm a code as a text message for online purchases ....however I think I shared this story before

2019, my hubby went online to pay the TV licence.. apparently it seems he was not on the official website and didn't know that. He was told to put all his card details and even bank details which he did

A week later someone called saying his from the bank that there is a £10,000 in his account accidentally paid that he should give him his pin code and stuff. There was something about the call that was dubious.The guy had heavy Indian accent and sounded so aggressive saying I need code ...he didn't first understand what the call was about ....but the guy was like u have to do this and that now...... The number was showing as HSBC My husband didn't give any pin or code. Cut the phone and called HSBC directly .

Turns out someone had used his account . Applied for a 10k loan( no clue how HSBC even allowed the loan to go through. So that first call from them FRAUDSTERS trying to pull the money out

HSBC stopped it all after my hubby spoke directly with them and the loan was returned as it disappeared from his account but Hsbc refused to tell us exactly what happened. How was someone able to take a loan in his name without his authorisation. Was it a staff of HSBC that was part of the scheme. We never know

But if you get a call from the bank asking for this and that. Best to cut that call and call the bank directly . Dont even call the number that called u. It might be a fradualent person claiming to be from the bank. My husband looks back and said there was something off about the TV licence site. They asked him more details than required but he wasn't paying attention at that time so he thinks that was when they grabbed all the info. the TV licence wasn't paid by the next week because it was a fake site . That another indication that the fraud came from there

been getting spam calls the last 2 weeks. one was particularly funny saying they want to help me consolidate and manage my debts, me wey just enter country go get debt ni. and 3 phone company calling to give me iphone 13 for 25/month asking for my bank details. na person wey get money dey fall for scam anyhow, me no get shishi to steal

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by missjekyll: 8:05pm On Mar 20, 2022
Lexusgs430:

We have tracking companies, it is their work o ........

When it comes to lending people money, simply say NO .......

In most cases, it ends in premium tears......... wink

You would first have to sue your debtor, assuming you win your case, then contact a debt tracking company,armed with your order......

It depends on how much is owed and if you are prepared for the extra cost associated cost/logistics......

Thank youuuu...lemme go find them

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.