Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1192749 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by chukusi: 10:59am On Mar 28, 2022
Lexusgs430:

hello please elaborate, i specifically opened this thread today because i wanted to ask

This matter was discussed previously, with solutions......

Never nutmeg yourself, always be open to the principles of moneybox ........... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by chukusi: 11:01am On Mar 28, 2022
yes it works

Preshyi:

It was discussed that for quick return of BRP and provisional license,

1. Disregard or discard or shred the pre-addressed envelope sent with your form

2. Address your post to

FAO Lee Jones
Head of Vehicle input services
DVLA
Longview Rd
Swansea
SA6 7JL

3. Watch your BRP and PDL come back swiftly

Tried and trusted; still works

#Copied

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by chukusi: 11:06am On Mar 28, 2022
KOVIC19COVID20:

not permited to earn interest as in religious affiliation or what?

oh wait.

is there visa types that do not permit one to earn interest?

make una lecture me as the novice wey i be

I'm not keen on interest rates as I'm not permitted to earn interest.

Moneybox ohhh
Haagreaves ohhh
All will give you interest.

If you are truly not permitted to earn interest, and you really wish to live by that, here is a siMple solution:
Go to Poundland, buy a piggybank (it costs £1).
Then be saving your money in there. Keep the piggybank safely under your bed.
No interest will accrue.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 11:12am On Mar 28, 2022
[quote author=chukusi post=111437123][/quote]

He's most likely referring to his religion with regard to the interest thing.
Nothing to do with visa types.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:54am On Mar 28, 2022
[quote author=chukusi post=111436967][/quote]

The answers, are like a puzzle........ But this puzzle, comes with expo.........

Don't dull on a nutmeg, whilst starring at moneybox, right in front of your nose .........
wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by chukusi: 12:09pm On Mar 28, 2022
Lexusgs430:

be direct with me. ejor
The answers, are like a puzzle........ But this puzzle, comes with expo.........

Don't dull on a nutmeg, whilst starring at moneybox, right in front of your nose .........
wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by midasfx(m): 12:33pm On Mar 28, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

I'm losing my hair too and life goes on.
Alopecia is not a disability.

This is it right here. I don’t know how Alopecia became a disability. We get all too touchy about too many things when in fact it is a comedians job to elicit laughter. The fact is Will Smith was way out of line, and if he felt too strongly about the joke perhaps he shouldn’t have been laughing in the first male. So much for pseudo masculinity.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 12:37pm On Mar 28, 2022
midasfx:

This is it right here. I don’t know how Alopecia became a disability. We get all too touchy about too many things when in fact it is a comedians job to elicit laughter. The fact is Will Smith was way out of line, and if he felt too strongly about the joke perhaps he shouldn’t have been laughing in the first male. So much for pseudo masculinity.

The same woman that was having entanglement with one young boy like that...dude is a butt of jokes

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by adegbitetunji(m): 1:09pm On Mar 28, 2022
your interviewers are really cool... ours was about 90minutes, with lots of questions, a short presentation (PowerPoint ... shared screen), a pre-submitted essay amongst other things...

Yampotatocarrot:

My bad, I was waiting to finish them all before posting.

Two interviews so far, got results same day. Was successful for both, waiting for offer letter now.

Questions
School 1:
- Current time in your country?
- Why do you want to study PGDE?
- Why did you choose the University?
- Do you have any experience teaching? Share it.
- How do you ensure you carry all students in your class along?
- What are the goals of education?
- What is so important about PGDE that you'll want to go for it?

School 2:
- Pitch for your place (Why should we offer you a place in this course considering there are a lot of applicants).
- Any teaching experience? Share it.
- How would you ensure you carry students along in your class?
- What do you think are the most essential skills needed by a teacher? Explain.
- If a student comes up to you with a problem/challenge, how do you handle it?
- What course did you study in your undergraduate and where?
- How does your undergraduate course relate to the subject you're applying for?

In both cases, they ended up asking if I had any questions for them, and I asked just two questions.

Both interviews didn't last more than 30minutes. I ensured I was online three minutes to the start of each interview. I feel you'll actually know if you're making sense from the facial expression and body language of the interviewers. Interview was just like a discussion, nothing too serious. We were just gisting and laughing.

And Yes, network messed up a little, I just reconnected and continued the interview.

In both cases, the interviewers ended by telling me, "Congratulations, I'll recommend you to the school to offer you a place on the course".

Got a congratulations mail from the school between 5 - 30 minutes after the interview. Remains the formal offer letter from the postgraduate admissions office.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 28, 2022
Hi Guys, good afternoon. Please can anyone advice to the fastest and most affordable possible means to get some items (7kg) from lagos to london. I need the items hopefully before monday.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 2:29pm On Mar 28, 2022
canadaishome:

I did
Chris was disrespectful
Some comedians go too far

This just continues the narrative of the angry black person. ... he could have voice his displeasure in a non violent way.

The joke wasn't even that bad , although children and health issues should be off limit but technically it not yet off limitb

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 2:54pm On Mar 28, 2022
giselle237:

Aesthetically yes and the enhance e passport requires NIN, as it is also inputted on the data page. Also somthing about chip or e-chip, sorry not too sure. I have read the whole reason for the suspension of issuance and still can’t understand how this helps the situation or at least any of the grievances. They just do not want to work.

So that means whether enhcanced passport or not. No biometrics

I hope they lift it off soon. Already booked flights for end of April
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

The same woman that was having entanglement with one young boy like that...dude is a butt of jokes

She only stepped out. ......... wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:56pm On Mar 28, 2022
Irenenwaka:
Hi Guys, good afternoon. Please can anyone advice to the fastest and most affordable possible means to get some items (7kg) from lagos to london. I need the items hopefully before monday.

DHL ........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 28, 2022
Lexusgs430:

DHL ........

Lool lexus for dhl i am seeing like 338k.. isnt that even more expensive than a one way transit ticket����
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 3:28pm On Mar 28, 2022
Irenenwaka:

Lool lexus for dhl i am seeing like 338k.. isnt that even more expensive than a one way transit ticket����

That's the only means that would guarantee you, the quickest delivery.......... You pay to play.......... cheesy

If you don't mind a delivery period between 12/14 days or even 21 days......... Plenty options available.... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 3:52pm On Mar 28, 2022
Lexusgs430:

That's the only means that would guarantee you, the quickest delivery.......... You pay to play.......... cheesy

If you don't mind a delivery period between 12/14 days or even 21 days......... Plenty options available.... wink

Is that 14 days option the one you spoke about some weeks ago?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 4:02pm On Mar 28, 2022
Irenenwaka:

tell them to take it to God is good logistics. They offer shipping to and from UK. They are cheaper than dhl and you should get items in 5-6 working days.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 4:05pm On Mar 28, 2022
Irenenwaka:

There are other options like Lexus said but I can't vouch for them. My wife got a delivery of 10kg of foodstuff and it cost about N60k. Took about a week or so, not sure, I have to get the details. Service was okay: packaged, vacuum sealed, etc but again, I can't vouch for them o!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 4:06pm On Mar 28, 2022
giselle237:
tell them to take it to God is good logistics. They offer shipping to and from UK. They are cheaper than dhl and you should get items in 5-6 working days.

Oh, good to know!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:28pm On Mar 28, 2022
hustla:

Is that 14 days option the one you spoke about some weeks ago?

Absolutely........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:31pm On Mar 28, 2022
giselle237:

GIG that could not deliver an express parcel within Nigeria, in their SLA time.......

From Lagos to Anambra, took them 4 days (was meant to be within 24 hours)......... cheesy

If time is of the essence, it's DHL ........ wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 4:46pm On Mar 28, 2022
Lexusgs430:

GIG that could not deliver an express parcel within Nigeria, in their SLA time.......
From Lagos to Anambra, took them 4 days (was meant to be within 24 hours)......... cheesy
If time is of the essence, it's DHL ........ wink
only speaking on what has been used to get things through to me. And poster said she can not afford Dhl due to costs. She reiterated that.
As for Gig… shipped items with them. 5 times now. No issues. Abuja to outside London. Max 6 working days. This is/was my experience. thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:04pm On Mar 28, 2022
giselle237:
only speaking on what has been used to get things through to me. And poster said she can not afford Dhl due to costs. She reiterated that.
As for Gig… shipped items with them. 5 times now. No issues. Abuja to outside London. Max 6 working days. This is/was my experience. thanks.

Oga, I only stated my experience too o ..... But OP needs item before saturday (I presume)....…... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 5:09pm On Mar 28, 2022
Lexusgs430:
Oga, I only stated my experience too o ..... But OP needs item before saturday (I presume)....…... wink
@irenenwaka before saturday… . TNT, dhl, fedex, ups, aramex or human courier.. look for who is coming back
(when dhl was charging 17k for documents, TNT was charging 11k for uk delivery in 3 days)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:19pm On Mar 28, 2022
giselle237:
@irenenwaka before saturday… . TNT, dhl, fedex, ups, aramex or human courier.. look for who is coming back
(when dhl was charging 17k for documents, TNT was charging 11k for uk delivery in 3 days)

Today don go o ..... OP cannot send today again..... So we already lost one precious day...... By tomorrow,the deadline is almost looking like buhari's promise, to remove 100,000,000 Nigerian's from poverty......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:01pm On Mar 28, 2022
adegbitetunji:
your interviewers are really cool... ours was about 90minutes, with lots of questions, a short presentation (PowerPoint ... shared screen), a pre-submitted essay amongst other things...

Yeah, I already submitted my personal statement. Questions were drawn from there also about teaching experience.

One of the schools said I'll be given opportunity to make a PowerPoint presentation, ifahear, I no prepare anything fa.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2022
giselle237:

Ah thankk you so much Giselle and Lexus for the suggestions. I will have a look at all the suggested options.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 28, 2022
Please is anyone coming to the Uk very very soon?? Please send me an email or quote me i will get in touch. I need help with bringing some items.

OPTION1- please I could pay for extra luggage and pick up the bag from you at Heathrow airport.

OPTION 2- i would be grateful if you can include my items to your baggage allowance i will be very grateful and as an appreciation I will facilitate a free pickup from Heathrow to any destination in London for you(+any family member) with a large 7 seater vehicle grin grin wink

Please get in touch asap
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by teeebest(m): 6:28pm On Mar 28, 2022
Hello Elders, I'm planning to visit an optician in my neighbourhood.

I am an international student here. Is the cost of this service covered by the IHS fees I paid when applying for my student visa?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:43pm On Mar 28, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Absolutely........

grin

Make I comot this area fess

Plenty hustle for good area with shipping
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:06pm On Mar 28, 2022
teeebest:
Hello Elders, I'm planning to visit an optician in my neighbourhood.

I am an international student here. Is the cost of this service covered by the IHS fees I paid when applying for my student visa?

No.. .

They might have student discount offers though.....

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.