Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (568) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1176493 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by alongetayo: 11:13am On Aug 14, 2022
kode12:

Yeah.
https://book.nationalexpress.com/coach/#/choose-journey?journeyType=single&departureStopId=57230&destinationStopId=21131&departureDate=13%2F08%2F2022&departArrive=DepartAfter&outboundTime=08:00&returnDate=13%2F08%2F2022&departArriveReturn=DepartAfter&returnTime=09:00&adults=2&children=0&infants=0&euroAdults=0&euroChildren=0&euroSixtyPlus=0&euroInfants=0&ouiAdults=1&ouiChildren=0&usingCoachCard=false&youngPersonCards=0&seniorCards=0&disabledCards=0&partnerId=NX&campaignId=DEFAULT&request_locale=en

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by WhiteWolfe: 11:29am On Aug 14, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

Nobody will do such. Just go to spareroom.com or gumtree.com to DIY

all these naija people wey dey price camry don enter this thread grin

No be so o, baba mi
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Jaymarius(f): 11:58am On Aug 14, 2022
Thank you.

wonlasewonimi:

Nobody will do such. Just go to spareroom.com or gumtree.com to DIY

all these naija people wey dey price camry don enter this thread grin

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by level10: 12:34pm On Aug 14, 2022
umarwy:

So you dey my bark Yard?

Which instructor sis you use??

I used Chris kelly

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 2:02pm On Aug 14, 2022
WhiteWolfe:

My Oga grin grin

I want a Naija babe that is already in Manchester o. Slim, 1.75m tall, nice dentition, curvy legs, white eyes, preferably working in one of the big four or the big three or any reputable firm grin grin grin.
Yes. She will be sitting in her apartment waiting for her prince from Nigeria. How romantic.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Thastie(f): 3:21pm On Aug 14, 2022
Kindly please assist me. My employer has been trying to book an appointment for me at the visa centre in Lagos. But she keeps getting the super priority option.....which expensive. We are thinking of trying the VI visa centre......please is there other options aside super priority?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by WhiteWolfe: 3:43pm On Aug 14, 2022
gistbite:

Yes. She will be sitting in her apartment waiting for her prince from Nigeria. How romantic.

Are you sure you're not interested?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Sparekey(m): 3:49pm On Aug 14, 2022
Afolawale:

I’m also planning to go to Suffolk this September

Hello, please can I Dm you? I want to try Suffolk next year, and i want to start gathering informations now.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by idee91: 4:24pm On Aug 14, 2022
Adunnishugar:
Hello house,

Please I need help getting warehouse jobs In Birmingham. I have applied on the job platforms(indeed and the rest). Please if anyone knows an agent I can call kindly assist.

Hello, we’re you able to land any warehouse or remote roles ? My wife is also looking for somewhere in Birmingham.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 5:55pm On Aug 14, 2022
rayralph:

1. No you can’t. You need to get a another COS from the new employer.

3. Depends on your location, but I’ll suggest EE

Brother please i have another question

1) the nhis will cover most of my medical bills as a tier4 holder right? Because i have some minor minor medical issues i supposed to have checked here in naija but i'm just pending it till i am over there

2) also, once someone has worked legally under sponsorship for 5years, one is entitled to apply for ilr right?

3) lastly brother, i am going alone, i'd like to bring my gf too but not now, whats the best method u advise i follow. Marrying her hurriedly is not an issue.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by UmeakaChisom: 6:46pm On Aug 14, 2022
Good evening House, please I am a Nigerian and I need advice from the elders and those that have scaled through . I am in south east london and need a affordable nanny or home nanny share for my baby (less than one year)how does one go About it. These nurseries would take my entire salary and I do not have access to benefits, please any mothers or fathers in the house

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DrObum(m): 7:29pm On Aug 14, 2022
eniola1010:

1) the nhis will cover most of my medical bills as a tier4 holder right? Because i have some minor minor medical issues i supposed to have checked here in naija but i'm just pending it till i am over there

2) also, once someone has worked legally under sponsorship for 5years, one is entitled to apply for ilr right?

3) lastly brother, i am going alone, i'd like to bring my gf too but not now, whats the best method u advise i follow. Marrying her hurriedly is not an issue.
If those minor issues are not emergency, please check them in Nigeria and maybe continue care here.
You fit dey waiting list for most specialties here, you visa go finish. Except you don't mind that sha

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by teeebest(m): 8:15pm On Aug 14, 2022
Hello Elders, I spent 6 months already in my rented apartment as stated in the Tenancy agreement. My landlady just told me verbally she sold the house, that the new owner would not be subleting and I need to quickly look for another place.

I'm thinking I should ask for an official eviction notice with the hope that I will have some time to look for a comfortable place for my family.

How does these things work in this country please?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by seunoj: 8:31pm On Aug 14, 2022
eniola1010:

1. You gonna pay for your medication. Better to check in naija first and get relieve med. DR are not in a hurry to place you on medication in the UK to the best of my knowledge.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mellady(f): 8:44pm On Aug 14, 2022
UmeakaChisom:
Good evening House, please I am a Nigerian and I need advice from the elders and those that have scaled through . I am in south east london and need a affordable nanny or home nanny share for my baby (less than one year)how does one go About it. These nurseries would take my entire salary and I do not have access to benefits, please any mothers or fathers in the house
Please send me a pm, I think I have someone in London that might be interested. Cheers
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 8:48pm On Aug 14, 2022
Verbally has no bearing except it's reduced to writing (in one form or the other) or recorded as 'intent'.
Given the 6 mths tenancy has ended, (an assumption), in my limited understanding, then you default to monthly on same basis. In the event of eviction process, this month-to-month comes to bearing.
In any case, it's time to start looking dutifully and diligently without slack!
NB: In btw, by you requesting or demanding, you might or you'll end up doing the duty of the landlady or new owner
[PS: Addendum] above might fall away if you're subletting and do not hold a written agreement with deposit. Essentially, you're not seen as legal entity, rent wise. That doesn't mean you don't have recourse.
PS: these are opinion and do not construed legal advice in law.
teeebest:
Hello Elders, I spent 6 months already in my rented apartment as stated in the Tenancy agreement. My landlady just told me verbally she sold the house, that the new owner would not be subleting and I need to quickly look for another place.
I'm thinking I should ask for an official eviction notice with the hope that I will have some time to look for a comfortable place for my family.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 8:56pm On Aug 14, 2022
eniola1010:

Check your health issues in Nigeria before coming because you won't lose anything by checking it especially if it needs emergency attention. You can continue treatment here.

Access to health care here is not like Nigeria where you can just walk into a hospital. You might experience delays here.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 9:02pm On Aug 14, 2022
seunoj:
1. You gonna pay for your medication. Better to check in naija first and get relieve med. DR are not in a hurry to place you on medication in the UK to the best of my knowledge.
pay for medications or prescription?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Shallypop(f): 9:03pm On Aug 14, 2022
Hi all! I applied for Healthcare tier 2 visa and the application is yet to be out. My student visa is valid till next year before applying for the Tier 2 visa. I want to withdraw my application. Will I loose my student visa if I withdraw my application because I saw on UKVI website that I will loose my status if application is withdrawn?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:24pm On Aug 14, 2022
Shallypop:
Hi all! I applied for Healthcare tier 2 visa and the application is yet to be out. My student visa is valid till next year before applying for the Tier 2 visa. I want to withdraw my application. Will I loose my student visa if I withdraw my application because I saw on UKVI website that I will loose my status if application is withdrawn?

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 9:34pm On Aug 14, 2022
Viruses:

Check your health issues in Nigeria before coming because you won't lose anything by checking it especially if it needs emergency attention. You can continue treatment here.

Access to health care here is not like Nigeria where you can just walk into a hospital. You might experience delays here.

Actually its not a critical issue. I suffer from severe acne, and the doctors here are just telling me rubbish like stop eating ground nut, stop taking oil and blah blah instead of them to test my blood and actually check the root cause.

Can u also help me answer the second and third question.. Seunoj drobum
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by seunoj: 9:34pm On Aug 14, 2022
giselle237:
pay for medications or prescription?
You will be asked to pay at the pharmacy for the drugs issued based on the prescription
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by seunoj: 9:44pm On Aug 14, 2022
eniola1010:

Actually its not a critical issue. I suffer from severe acne, and the doctors here are just telling me rubbish like stop eating ground nut, stop taking oil and blah blah instead of them to test my blood and actually check the root cause.

Can u also help me answer the second and third question.. Seunoj drobum

2. Yes. that's what is obtainable but I have not had a direct experience

3. My opinion, you can always marry her at any time and bring her in. if it's a serious relationship that is expected to move to marriage, do it asap because winter no be your mate o. Also, two people working together with the same objective makes life easier.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CBNwords(m): 9:50pm On Aug 14, 2022
gistbite:

grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 10:52pm On Aug 14, 2022
seunoj:

You will be asked to pay at the pharmacy for the drugs issued based on the prescription
i dnt think so for drugs… prescription … yes in England
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 5gee: 10:54pm On Aug 14, 2022
seunoj:

No sir, you pay for the prescription not the drug itself except if it's an over the counter drug.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Joshtoch: 11:07pm On Aug 14, 2022
Good evening boss. Please I sent you a mail.thank you father �
Lexusgs430:

Give justwise the chairman position, whilst I play the father of the day role .......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by seunoj: 11:19pm On Aug 14, 2022
5gee:

No sir, you pay for the prescription not the drug itself except if it's an over the counter drug.
Ok. Payment will sha be made calculated at the pharmacy.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 5gee: 11:20pm On Aug 14, 2022
seunoj:

Ok. Payment will sha be made calculated at the pharmacy.
Payment is pretty much fixed whether the medicine costs £1000 or $9.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:22pm On Aug 14, 2022
Joshtoch:
Good evening boss. Please I sent you a mail.thank you father �

Ok Grandfather, send a WhatsApp message........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by seunoj: 11:27pm On Aug 14, 2022
5gee:

Payment is pretty much fixed whether the medicine costs £1000 or $9.

Possibly I have experienced something slightly different based the ihs stuff. But it’s fine.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ticha: 1:34am On Aug 15, 2022
teeebest:

Are you subletting? ie - living in one room and she lives there too? If so then you have very little wriggle room and you will have to leave. Boarders don't have much legal standing under tenancy laws.

However if you are renting the whole house, then she needs to issue a S21. And also check that it is issued properly. Did she lodge your deposit? Provide you with right to rent documents? Have an EICR and GSC? Are those in date? If no, she has to do all those, issue them and give you an S21.
If you deposit is not protected and those documents not provided, you can actually sue her for the whole rent you have paid...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.