Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (569) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1176767 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 5:40am On Aug 15, 2022
5gee:

No sir, you pay for the prescription not the drug itself except if it's an over the counter drug.
exactly… if paracetamol and other over the counter medicines like cold, flu, gaviscon etc yes you’ll pay but that’s all. You do not pay for essential drugs.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by NaijaGoBetter20: 6:12am On Aug 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:

How can I be the 4th ........... grin

Boss, I wouldn't mind being number 5

Life goes on
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:25am On Aug 15, 2022
NaijaGoBetter20:

Boss, I wouldn't mind being number 5

Life goes on

Join the queue....... No worry, I no need pass 1 minute 45 seconds............ cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 6:38am On Aug 15, 2022
Shallypop:
Hi all! I applied for Healthcare tier 2 visa and the application is yet to be out. My student visa is valid till next year before applying for the Tier 2 visa. I want to withdraw my application. Will I loose my student visa if I withdraw my application because I saw on UKVI website that I will loose my status if application is withdrawn?

Only if your current visa status expires while waiting for a decision.

You can withdraw your application.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 7:04am On Aug 15, 2022
Bolded underlined. A rude awakening for sizeable numbers. #justsayingnio
seunoj:
Also, two people working together with the same objective makes life easier.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by salaamfaizal: 7:19am On Aug 15, 2022
Hi guys..

I'm presently in the UK on a dependent visa and I'm about switching to a skilled workers visa.

Do I need to write IELTS?

If I need to, which type am I expected to opt in for Academic or General?

And also I have proof of English proficiency from the Institution I graduated from back home.

Can I use it as an alternative?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 7:49am On Aug 15, 2022
salaamfaizal:
Hi guys..

I'm presently in the UK on a dependent visa and I'm about switching to a skilled workers visa.

Do I need to write IELTS?

If I need to, which type am I expected to opt in for Academic or General?

And also I have proof of English proficiency from the Institution I graduated from back home.

Can I use it as an alternative?

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/knowledge-of-english

Your employer/sponsor should be doing these checks for you before issuing you COS.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by teeebest(m): 8:19am On Aug 15, 2022
Ticha:

Are you subletting? ie - living in one room and she lives there too? If so then you have very little wriggle room and you will have to leave. Boarders don't have much legal standing under tenancy laws.

However if you are renting the whole house, then she needs to issue a S21. And also check that it is issued properly. Did she lodge your deposit? Provide you with right to rent documents? Have an EICR and GSC? Are those in date? If no, she has to do all those, issue them and give you an S21.
If you deposit is not protected and those documents not provided, you can actually sue her for the whole rent you have paid...

Thanks as always Ticha. I'm not subleting. I will ask for an S21 while I look for another place as directed.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by teeebest(m): 8:23am On Aug 15, 2022
semmyk:
Verbally has no bearing except it's reduced to writing (in one form or the other) or recorded as 'intent'.
Given the 6 mths tenancy has ended, (an assumption), in my limited understanding, then you default to monthly on same basis. In the event of eviction process, this month-to-month comes to bearing.
In any case, it's time to start looking dutifully and diligently without slack!
NB: In btw, by you requesting or demanding, you might or you'll end up doing the duty of the landlady or new owner
[PS: Addendum] above might fall away if you're subletting and do not hold a written agreement with deposit. Essentially, you're not seen as legal entity, rent wise. That doesn't mean you don't have recourse.
PS: these are opinion and do not construed legal advice in law.

I did not sublet any part of the property. I have started looking for another place asap. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Joyfuljoyful: 8:43am On Aug 15, 2022
Thank you ma'am. Thank you for all the words of encouragement. I am hopeful we will work something out. Thanks.

giselle237:

I dnt know how it works for students.. and completing your education at this time but I want you to know that you can not be discriminated against by anyone due to pregnancy. Cheer up
Secondly, you are only legally allowed to contribute 20hrs of work anyway and so your partner should concentrate on getting a job.
Can two work together except they be agreed? No.
Dnt be hard on yourself. All is vanity for one who is alone but you are not, both of you should uplift each other, plan and work together to make this work.
By virtue of pregnancy, you might be more at home and so for these few months he has to carry the family. This would be good as you can save on childcare and look after your other kids and yourself. If he gets a tier 2 sponsorship that’s also fine but dnt feel like the world is coming to an end. .. it is not
With unplanned pregnancies, you are not out of place to be anxious about so many things but pregnancy is here. .. let your husband concentrate on getting a job, while you research about completing your education if possible.. or whatever options out there for you.
Wishing you all the luck that you’ll need!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by salaamfaizal: 10:50am On Aug 15, 2022
kode12:

Your employer/sponsor should be doing these checks for you before issuing you COS.

I'm actually trying to prepare ahead of the time before the process would be initiated.

That's why I'm asking as the UKVI website doesn't specify directly which type in the case IELTS.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 11:09am On Aug 15, 2022
Oooh you de waste time go hospital for acute acne? Bro go to Mecure labs and do allergy tests jaaaaare. But truly, your body might be allergic to nuts and something you are eating.

eniola1010:

Actually its not a critical issue. I suffer from severe acne, and the doctors here are just telling me rubbish like stop eating ground nut, stop taking oil and blah blah instead of them to test my blood and actually check the root cause.

Can u also help me answer the second and third question.. Seunoj drobum
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DrObum(m): 11:30am On Aug 15, 2022
bigtt76:
Oooh you de waste time go hospital for acute acne? Bro go to Mecure labs and do allergy tests jaaaaare. But truly, your body might be allergic to nuts and something you are eating.

You don't mean it.

After the allergy test, what would he do next?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 11:32am On Aug 15, 2022
They usually have a doctor who can help interpret the results if required.

DrObum:

You don't mean it.

After the allergy test, what would he do next?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 11:35am On Aug 15, 2022
eniola1010:

Actually its not a critical issue. I suffer from severe acne, and the doctors here are just telling me rubbish like stop eating ground nut, stop taking oil and blah blah instead of them to test my blood and actually check the root cause.

Can u also help me answer the second and third question.. Seunoj drobum
2) yes, you apply for ILR after 5 years of tier 2
3) you can apply for visa for her as a partner, you'll need evidence of long term relationship like tenancy agreement bearing both your names, pictures together, bank transactions like you sending her money frequently etc. Please make further research on this because I'm not speaking from experience.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 11:43am On Aug 15, 2022
kode12:

Not necessarily. I got COS before I began my research on visa requirements like IELTS, TB certificate etc. I handled all these myself.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HollyMadison(f): 12:25pm On Aug 15, 2022
Hello elders and advisors.

In applying for skilled worker brp, my friend made a mistake and ticked that the company will sponsor her living expenses…. Today makes it 9weeks since she applied and she hasn’t even gotten decision.

Also, month ago , she wrote a letter explaining the mistake she made and attached my statement on her application.

Please what can she do to salvage the situation?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omoajiri(m): 1:30pm On Aug 15, 2022
Good afternoon.
I wish to know how the Skilled worker visa programme works.
How do I get a COS sponsor and what are the requirements I need. I'm in the building construction profession and I'm interested.
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Joshtoch: 1:57pm On Aug 15, 2022
Alright, thank you �
Lexusgs430:

Ok Grandfather, send a WhatsApp message........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 2:18pm On Aug 15, 2022
HollyMadison:
Hello elders and advisors.

In applying for skilled worker brp, my friend made a mistake and ticked that the company will sponsor her living expenses…. Today makes it 9weeks since she applied and she hasn’t even gotten decision.

Also, month ago , she wrote a letter explaining the mistake she made and attached my statement on her application.

Please what can she do to salvage the situation?

Did she upload bank statement? You can do a paid call if the application is from outside UK

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 2:37pm On Aug 15, 2022
Viruses:

2) yes, you apply for ILR after 5 years of tier 2
3) you can apply for visa for her as a partner, you'll need evidence of long term relationship like tenancy agreement bearing both your names, pictures together, bank transactions like you sending her money frequently etc. Please make further research on this because I'm not speaking from experience.

Trying to find the best possible means that's cheap and comfortable to get to yorkshire from Heathrow airport.
Have tried using the express coach. I cant seem to figure how the app works. Can you provide another solution pls

Bigtt76 seunoj viruses
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 3:40pm On Aug 15, 2022
teeebest:
Hello Elders, I spent 6 months already in my rented apartment as stated in the Tenancy agreement. My landlady just told me verbally she sold the house, that the new owner would not be subleting and I need to quickly look for another place.

I'm thinking I should ask for an official eviction notice with the hope that I will have some time to look for a comfortable place for my family.

How does these things work in this country please?

What your Land lady has done is illegal. She needs to go through the proper channels and serve you eviction notice.
She has actually shot herself in the foot. She sold the house on vacant possession without making sure that the property was empty. If the new owners find you in the property they will sue her for breach of contract. She has got a lot to loose here.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by evarukomadu: 4:07pm On Aug 15, 2022
Hey Peeps,

I have 2 spare bedrooms to rent in a 3 bedroom house. The house is a posh house with everything in it. You only need to bring your luggages. Everything is fully provided. The house is in Sutton-in-Ashfield. It's well located in a high class neighbourhood and its close to the bus station and train station. Sutton-in-Ashfield is very close to Nottingham uni (20 minutes by train) and Nottingham Trent uni (15 minutes bus)
Message me on WhatsApp for photos +447770045878
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 5:05pm On Aug 15, 2022
eniola1010:

Trying to find the best possible means that's cheap and comfortable to get to yorkshire from Heathrow airport.
Have tried using the express coach. I cant seem to figure how the app works. Can you provide another solution pls

Bigtt76 seunoj viruses

Try Heathrow Airport to York (I'm assuming York is the same as Yorkshire just like Leicester => Leicestershire and Manchester => Manchestershire)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by cpapa: 5:27pm On Aug 15, 2022
Good morning Gurus in the house please I need your advice I was given a 2yrs visa to UK but it didn't come with a supporting letter why that of my wife came with a supporting letter she will show to the immigration upon arrival am a dependent.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Shallypop(f): 5:47pm On Aug 15, 2022
CheesyTee:

Only if your current visa status expires while waiting for a decision.

You can withdraw your application.
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:53pm On Aug 15, 2022
cpapa:
Good morning Gurus in the house please I need your advice I was given a 2yrs visa to UK but it didn't come with a supporting letter why that of my wife came with a supporting letter she will show to the immigration upon arrival am a dependent.

You're the extra bag ........ Don't fight with Madam o, so she does not leave you behind in buhari/tinubu's nigeria............ cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by cpapa: 8:12pm On Aug 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:

You're the extra bag ........ Don't fight with Madam o, so she does not leave you behind in buhari/tinubu's nigeria............ cheesy

Any idea
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 8:55pm On Aug 15, 2022
6 months since I did biometric to switch from T4 to Skilled Worker Visa

I just wan vent.

UKVI keeps saying there us a technical issue with application. I had to email HR to ask if they can reissue CoS so I can reapfor work visa and pay for priority this time.

Nothing yet from HR as they needed to contact UKVI too.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:49pm On Aug 15, 2022
cpapa:

Any idea

Only your wife gets a supporting letter, your visa is hinged on her application....... So be a good boy ....... wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by cpapa: 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Only your wife gets a supporting letter, your visa is hinged on her application....... So be a good boy ....... wink
but I know a family that have gone they gave both main and dependant the letter

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.