Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice (4777 Views)

Caging Insecurity: Situating Gen. Buratai’s New Recipe / Caging Insecurity: Situating Gen. Buratai’s New Recipe / President Buhari Joins Ramadan Tafsir, Prays For Peace And Justice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice by Emerie22(m): 8:21am On Aug 27, 2021
majamajic:
Anambra is 30 not enugu
Enugu was created in 1976 by Muritala Mohammed , Anambra was created by babangida in 1991

After creating new Anambra in 1991
Enugu has to forfeit the name Anambra, cos the Omambra river is situated mainly in Anambra not Enugu .

Enugu should be around 45 , just like Imo state , Abia and Anambra was created same period with Delta State

Please stop decieving gullible people
Make your research
Re: Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice by majamajic(m): 9:15am On Aug 27, 2021
Emerie22:

Please stop decieving gullible people
Make your research

Anambra is my state , so I know what am saying
Babangida created Anambra with Abia in 1991 , including Delta . If a state is divided into 2, like in Bendel state , the state with old capital remains the old state while state with new capital remains the new state .

Which research, I was adult in 1991

2 Likes

Re: Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice by Martini101(m): 9:57am On Aug 27, 2021
spyder880:
So far so good.

My governor is trying very well.

He should just maintain the roads his predecessor built.
Re: Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice by ostartruth: 10:10am On Aug 27, 2021
Ugwuanyi is doing much for Ndi Enugu.

For the fact that Ugwuanyi has maintained the existing peace in Enugu is commendable.
For his interest in opening up rural areas through the provision of access roads, he has tried.
The fact that he has some semblance with former President Jonathan, is a virtue. People may miss him when he is gone.

Ugwuanyi could be called Madam by people who dont know him well.
But for me and my House, I know Ugwuanyi is a humble, brilliant and most importantly god-fearing politician.

I also appeal to him to facilitate the completion of Obollo-Afor-Ugbaike -Amachalla Road
Re: Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice by Emerie22(m): 5:26pm On Aug 27, 2021
majamajic:

Babangida created Anambra with Abia in 1991 , including Delta . If a state is divided into 2, like in Bendel state , the state with old capital remains the old state while state with new capital remains the new state .

You are very wrong bro.

Enugu was the capital of the old Anambra State, which was created in 1975.
Then Enugu State was created on 27th August 1991.
I was born in Anambra State closed to 40 years ago and I am an indigene of Enugu State due to state creation ( Enugu State).
IMO State and Abia State are the oldest states in the South East region. Abia state was created from Imo state and Enugu State was created from Anambra State.
Also Ebonyi State was carved out from Enugu and some part of Abia which is Afikpo

Please make your research
Re: Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice by Emerie22(m): 5:35pm On Aug 27, 2021
majamajic:

States created by Babangida on 27th August 1991 are: Enugu State, Abia State, Delta State, Jigawa State, Kebbi State, Osun State, Kogi State, Taraba State and Yobe State
Re: Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice by majamajic(m): 5:44pm On Aug 27, 2021
Emerie22:

States created by Babangida on 27th August 1991 are: Enugu State, Abia State, Delta State, Jigawa State, Kebbi State, Osun State, Kogi State, Taraba State and Yobe State

Not enugu , but Anambra . U can't create a new state with old capital .
Anambra is new , just that enugu has to drop the name cos the Omambra river is in Anambra , Anambra got it's name from Omambra River which is located in aguleri axis

1 Like

Re: Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice by majamajic(m): 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2021
Emerie22:

You are very wrong bro.

I was born in Anambra State closed to 40 years ago and I am an indigene of Enugu State due to state creation ( Enugu State).
IMO State and Abia State are the oldest states in the South East region. Abia state was created from Imo state and Enugu State was created from Anambra State.
Also Ebonyi State was carved out from Enugu and some part of Abia which is Afikpo

Old Anambra and imo was created in 1976 or so , then new Anambra was created by babangida in 1991 alongside Abia

In 1991 , enugu was supposed to continue with the name Anambra
But they have to drop it for Anambra the new state , cos the Omambra river that Anambra got it's name was not located in enugu

Besides u don't create a new state into old capital , between Edo and Delta , Delta is new cos they got new capital while Edo got Benin city
I know u will call Delta old state if they took the name Bendel with them , abi ? Whoever got the old capital city is the old state , forget name

1 Like

Re: Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 27, 2021
greenie77:

Wrong! In the 80s, we didn't have a military administrator of Enugu State rather it was Anambra State and Enugu was the capital, reason late C.C Onoh (Bianca's father) from today's Enugu state was the Civilian Governor of the Old Anambra State.

Trash

The new state created is new Anambra not Enugu

Enugu has been where it is and the capital same place.
Re: Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 27, 2021
Emerie22:

Please stop decieving gullible people Make your research

he is right, u r wrong
Re: Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 27, 2021
Emerie22:

You are very wrong bro.

And where is the capital of new enugu and anambra?

let's know the one with recent creation
Re: Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice by majamajic(m): 1:40am On Aug 28, 2021
greenie77:

Anambra is never a new State reason it is not the State celebrating 30 years of creation but Enugu!

Na name u talking about not state , Anambra inherited the name from enugu

In 2016 , Obiano did mark 25 yrs with big celebration , am from Anambra , I know history of my state .

1 Like

Re: Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice by Emerie22(m): 8:02am On Aug 28, 2021
majamajic:

Anambra is new , just that enugu has to drop the name cos the Omambra river is in Anambra , Anambra got it's name from Omambra River which is located in aguleri axis

U re still wrong.
Enugu City not Enugu State was founded in 1900 by the then Westerners.
Then Anambra State was created 1976 and Enugu City being an old City and also old eastern region, was made the capital of Anambra State.
Then in 1991, Enugu State not City was created on 27th August from Anambra State.
I was born in Anambra State closed 40 years ago and today I am an indigene of Enugu State.
Enugu State is just 30 years while Anambra State is 46years.
Please be guided
Re: Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice by Emerie22(m): 8:09am On Aug 28, 2021
Juliusmalema:

And where is the capital of new enugu and anambra?

let's know the one with recent creation

The Capital of Enugu State is Enugu City.
Which is Enugu City in Enugu State?

The capital of Anambra State is Awka.

Awka is the newest between the two capitals because, Enugu City was founded in 1900 not as a state but a City.

Anambra State is the oldest between the two states
Anambra State was created in 1976 And Enugu State in 1991.
Re: Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice by imaxdocuments: 8:14am On Aug 28, 2021
majamajic:

You are very correct
Re: Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice by Emerie22(m): 8:14am On Aug 28, 2021
majamajic:

In 2016 , Obiano did mark 25 yrs with big celebration , am from Anambra , I know history of my state .

Guy you are not updated.

25th Anniversary of Awka, not Anambra State.

Use your Google and search when Anambra was created?

When Enugu was created in 1991, Anambra State capital was relocated to Awka.
Awka as a capital is 25 years old, while Enugu State is Celebrating 30years as a state
Re: Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice by Emerie22(m): 8:25am On Aug 28, 2021
majamajic:

What can you say about this?

Re: Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice by imaxdocuments: 8:27am On Aug 28, 2021
Pure fact

majamajic:

Old Anambra and imo was created in 1976 or so , then new Anambra was created by babangida in 1991 alongside Abia

But they have to drop it for Anambra the new state , cos the Omambra river that Anambra got it's name was not located in enugu

Besides u don't create a new state into old capital , between Edo and Delta , Delta is new cos they got new capital while Edo got Benin city
I know u will call Delta old state if they took the name Bendel with them , abi ? Whoever got the old capital city is the old state , forget name
Re: Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice by Emerie22(m): 8:28am On Aug 28, 2021
majamajic:

It's a pity you don't know the history of your state
Anambra is 45 years old
Awka is 25years.
Pls do your research

Re: Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice by imaxdocuments: 8:29am On Aug 28, 2021
Undiluted fact

majamajic:

Re: Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice by Nuelito: 8:29am On Aug 28, 2021
zombieHUNTER:

I will be telling everyone that needs to know...

Ugwuanyi failed us woefully

His government is a bloody disgrace

We have never had it this bad... Sycophancy everywhere.. dude just wasted eight years doing absolutely nothing..

It's a wonder to me... Look at the road that leads to his house.. Abakpa to Opi done by Sullivan.. he enjoys it. But can't duplicate such.

Very pathetic.
Efcc must invade Enugu State now

My brother don't mind all dx guys that are paid to promote him on social platforms...they even know that ugwuanyi is a failure.

He is just embezzling public funds...

2023...he will switch to the ruling party then.
Re: Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice by majamajic(m): 12:26pm On Aug 28, 2021
Emerie22:

It's a pity you don't know the history of your state
Anambra is 45 years old
Awka is 25years.
Pls do your research

Seems u thinking from your anus bro , how can u name a state with new capital as old , and old capital as new ? Why u didn't give Edo state new state ? Or was Edo not divided in 1991 too ?

1 Like

Re: Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice by majamajic(m): 12:37pm On Aug 28, 2021
Emerie22:

What can you say about this?

Yes Anambra was divided into 2 in 1991 , u can chose to call them both new states , but we that are from that zone knows enugu is snr to Anambra , enugu assisted Anambra until we stand on our own , we only inherited the name, cos enugu rejected it . They said they can't answer Anambra cos the river Omambra is not in anywhere near their area , so we took the name . But they remain the old Anambra , but on a new name enugu , if Delta took the name Bendel, u will still call them old state. Ok check if Anambra rejected the name too , will u call them old state ? Let's say Anambra took the name awka . Will u call them old ? Old state is the one with old capital, not name , if them divide Lagos into 2, any side that got ikeja is old state . But Lagos island can get the name Lagos State cos they are Lagos , but ikeja mainland is old state

It's a shame to call a state with regional capital Enugu city that was capital of entire eastern zone a new state , it's a big shame !

If them divide Oyo into 2 and one side got Ibadan, can u call them new state ? If the divide America into 2 , any country that got Washington is old , they divided USSR into 6 , Russia got Moscow and remain old country , u can chose to call them new , cos they divided into 6 newly , but we all know who are the new 5 not Russia as far as they have Moscow , Sudan was divided into 2 , the one with old capital Khartoum is old country , need I go on ?

1 Like

Re: Enugu State @ 30: Situating Ugwuanyi, 2023, Quest For Equity And Justice by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 28, 2021
Emerie22:

The Capital of Enugu State is Enugu City.
Which is Enugu City in Enugu State?

The capital of Anambra State is Awka.

Awka is the newest between the two capitals because, Enugu City was founded in 1900 not as a state but a City.

Anambra State is the oldest between the two states
Anambra State was created in 1976 And Enugu State in 1991.

what a reasoning....Lol

only foolishness will make enugu to be celebrating 30yrs....dem no well

na sttuuupppidity dey worry them. anya adiro fa mma.

it is because of this myopism that forced us to awka to define our own future and set up a new guard for our future security.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Won't South East Leave South South Alone? / Arewa Elders Reject Babangida For 2011 Presidential Election / Polygamy: The Debate?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.