Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison (33789 Views)

Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts / Former Emir Sanusi:why Should Southerners Be Concerned About Events In The North / Emir Sanusi: Why Buhari’s Hands Are Tied – BMO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by Blue3k(m): 1:26am On Aug 29, 2021
By Sunday Michael Ogwu

SUB: The former Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi 11, has opened up on how General Sani Abacha, former military Head of State, locked him up...

The former Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi 11, has opened up on how General Sani Abacha, former military Head of State, locked him up in Sokoto Prison.

Sanusi disclosed this at a triple fold event to mark his 60th birthday.

At the event, where HHMS11 SDG challenge, a United Nations initiative which he chairs the advisory council, was launched, Sanusi said he was accused of being a threat to national security at the time.

He also made some interesting revelation about his life.

"Not many people know that between June 1995 and June 1996, I was in Sokoto prison as a threat to national security under General Abacha," he said.

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sanusi-abacha-locked-me-up-in-sokoto-prison

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by Blue3k(m): 1:32am On Aug 29, 2021

"Not many people know that between June 1995 and June 1996, I was in Sokoto prison as a threat to national security under General Abacha," he said.

People do know Sanusi went to jail but they believe it was for a murder of some igbo trader. Strangely enough some also believe this wouldn't be used against him despite battles with Abacha, Jonathan and Ganduje. Seriously someone should tell conspiracy kooks murder doesn't have a statute of limitations.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:44am On Aug 29, 2021
If it were a southerner now, they would have pulled an ex-convict on him to prevent him from getting a job!

The moral lesson Do not allow your past to define your present!!!

The south needs to learn from the north, and stop pulling themselves down!

There's strength in unity!

102 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by Powersurge: 6:49am On Aug 29, 2021
Everybody go just dey form victim. Gradually people go erode history.

If only Akaluka got the same opportunity before his body was hung on a stake in Kano.

Hiss!!!

24 Likes

Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by Blue3k(m): 2:05pm On Aug 29, 2021
Powersurge:
Everybody go just dey form victim. Gradually people go erode history.

If only Akaluka got the same opportunity before his body was hung on a stake in Kano.

Hiss!!!

He was on stake instead of beheaded? Weird how the story keeps changing.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by Powersurge: 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2021
Blue3k:

He was on stake instead of beheaded? Weird how the story keeps changing.

His head was on display oga.

11 Likes

Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by FalseProphet1(m): 6:42pm On Aug 29, 2021
I see Sanusi contesting in the elections come 2023, I see him loosing, I see him getting an appointment as a minister as compensation.

This I have seen.

23 Likes

Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 29, 2021
Abacha the iron man cool
Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by cassidy1996(m): 6:43pm On Aug 29, 2021
K
Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by Numerouno94(m): 6:44pm On Aug 29, 2021
Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by STARKENNETH(m): 6:44pm On Aug 29, 2021
Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by taiwolomo1: 6:44pm On Aug 29, 2021
Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by Ayemileto(m): 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2021
sad

Lol. For what reasons were you imprisoned sir?

From what I have read before, he was one of the leaders of a group that killed one or more non Muslims during that period.

From the story, the others were killed, he was spared and imprisoned instead because he's from a royal family and people begged for him. shocked

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by Skillsnigeria: 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2021
grin
Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2021
Alright
Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by FarahAideed: 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2021
He locked you up because you were encouraging Jihad and organized for the killing of an innocent Igboman

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by BruncleZuma: 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by Trumann: 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2021
Just how Buhari was locked up by IBB
Just how Obasanjo was locked up by Abacha.
Just as Kanu is now locked up by Buhari.

6 Likes

Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by zinaunreal(m): 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see Sanusi contesting in the elections come 2023, I see him loosing, I see him getting an appointment as a minister as compensation.

This I have seen.

Stop misleading people

5 Likes

Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by Trumann: 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2021
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.

From Emir to Minister.
You are a political illiterate.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by mbak(m): 6:47pm On Aug 29, 2021
For instigating a crowd to behead an igbo man in kano

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by Aidejay(m): 6:47pm On Aug 29, 2021
All this radicals, even Abacha was weary of them. An adage says if you must eat with the devil use a long spoon.

You'd be thinking my brother my brother, bit they're planning your downfall.

"Dem ina pray on your downfall" BEWARE!
if Abacha can fear them who be youuuu?

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by FarahAideed: 6:48pm On Aug 29, 2021
Blue3k:

People do know Sanusi went to jail but they believe it was for a murder of some igbo trader. Strangely enough some also believe this wouldn't be used against him despite battles with Abacha, Jonathan and Ganduje. Seriously someone should tell conspiracy kooks murder doesn't have a statute of limitations.

He acting went to Jail because of Islamic radicalism ..don't play yourself..This man , Abdulmutallab the father of the Panty bomber are all Islamic radicals

8 Likes

Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by saferoom: 6:48pm On Aug 29, 2021
Okay
Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by sonofanarchy(m): 6:49pm On Aug 29, 2021
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.
pass me the weed

5 Likes

Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by ArewaNightmare: 6:49pm On Aug 29, 2021
Abacha locked u up to save u from execution after u guys killed GIDEON AKALUKA bcuz of lies against him desecrating ISLAM and others were executed

History will always remember that so don't change the narrative bcuz of 2023

15 Likes

Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by michoim(m): 6:49pm On Aug 29, 2021
...and you think you are not? I think Abacha has been justified....
Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by WinForever(m): 6:49pm On Aug 29, 2021
Good to know!

Meanwhile, let all the living seek salvation in Christ Jesus.

This is the only way to guaranty eternal life.
Today is the appointed day for you to switch to life in Christ Jesus!

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by Jerryherd: 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2021
cool

God bless Abacha

He had zero tolerance for Bullshit

4 Likes

Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by CasNova: 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2021
Hmn....
Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by KingOfAllIgbos: 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2021
angry

I remember the rumour that he was responsible for beheading Gideon Akaluka.

Akaluka was beheaded because they accused his wife of using pages of Qur'an to wipe the child's buttocks (very likely untrue)

Sanusi is an idiot and a blabbermouth. He just proved those rumours right.

8 Likes

Re: Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison by Eriokanmi: 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2021
Wiseandtrue:
If it were a southerner now, they would have pulled an ex-convict on him to prevent him from getting a job!

The moral lesson Do not allow your past to define your present!!!

The south needs to learn from the north, and stop pulling themselves down!

There's strength in unity!
Our Southern politicians are useless. I'm happy they're now retracing their paths. Fulanis have taken them for a ride for too long but they didn't realise this early enough. It's better late than never. If a southerner was to be caught in a trap, its his fellow southerner fulanis would bribe to get him. Whereas, if a Fulaniman sees his fellow stealing the whole of CBN If possible, he'd look the other way. Its really annoying.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ondo Governorship Aspirant, Paul Akintelure Is Dead / Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash / Buhari: MURIC Blames Saraki For Impeachment Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.