Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,713 members, 7,851,439 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:21 PM

Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka (2648 Views)

Cardoso And The New CBN: Up Valuation Of The Naira And Other Agenda Setting / The Government In Kano Has No Other Agenda Than Destruction- Ganduje / Tony Momoh: APC Has Five National Leaders, Not Just One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by Ogbenia: 7:29am On Aug 29, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJtEKZHSe6Q

Nobel Laureate, Prof Wole Soyinka, has queried President Muhammadu Buhari’s insistence on establishing grazing routes around the country despite public outcry against the policy.

He said the president may be suffering from “mental delusion.”
“It’s like there’s some delusion about this thing, a kind of mental delusion about this thing. What is it?” Soyinka asked, as he addressed a press conference in Lagos on Friday.

The Nobel laureate added that Buhari may also be suffering from deafening noise from his son’s wedding bells last weekend.

“Perhaps the sound, the noise of the wedding bells (Yusuf Buhari) has contributed to the possible impairment of the hearing of the president of this nation. Because he does not seem to hear anything,” the professor of linguistics lampooned.

Citing a series of groups of people that have kicked against Mr Buhari’s move, Mr Soyinka wondered why the president was obsessed “about something which is being rejected, right, left and centre.”

Virtually the whole nation is screaming we do not want any open cattle grazing whether they go by the name cattle routes or grazing reserves. Even the all-powerful and untouchable Miyetti Allah, patrons of the murderous Fulani herdsmen, have gone on record that ranching is it,” Soyinka asserted.

In April and July, Southern Governors’ Forum at their meetings in Asaba and Lagos respectively announced a ban on open grazing in the region, setting a September 1 deadline for full implementation.

Soyinka alleged that there was perhaps another agenda behind Buhari’s setting up of a committee to recover old grazing routes across the country.

“And when we think of all that discussions, all that debates is settled in rational terms, along comes a new version of RUGA with the president insisting on sending his agents out to go and map out and recover the old grazing reserves when governments and people, experts, agronomists, businesspeople are saying this is the business and should be conducted in this particular way.” Why is the president obsessed about something that is being rejected by the people? The activist queried.

“The obsession is on such a level that even people who consider themselves rational, like myself, begin to wonder whether this is really all about cattle. Perhaps there are other kinds of agenda that we don’t know about.”

http://saharareporters.com/2021/08/28/soyinka-hits-buhari-again-says-president%E2%80%99s-insistence-grazing-routes-shows-he%E2%80%99s-mentally
Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by ojun50(m): 7:31am On Aug 29, 2021
Ok no be today
Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by Seniorwriter(m): 7:33am On Aug 29, 2021
Elder but you were part of the campaign for his leadership....didn't he explain his agenda before you joined the band wagon?
Oshigun:

Please shut up for fck sake!!! Do people like you not appreciate how silly and cowardly you sound with your modus operandi of going on the attack against everyone who previously supported Buhari instead of moving forward, as Soyinka and many have done, in the search for solutions?

Can you read the mind and intentions of anyone around you, even your own direct relatives, let alone demand that from Nigerians casting their vote for a stranger based upon info in the public space about that candidate and then the direct spoken promises of that candidate also?

@SENIORWRITER indeed. That you always end your post with the aforementioned, in bold, just shows you are the typical Nigerian charlatan with nothing productive to add to our search for solutions. You just like the sound of your own cowardly and 'notice me' voice.

Yes Buhari has underwhelmed. How is that the fault of those who voted for him with hope he woukd do better than he is doing today?

Should the next course of action, for 'woke' Nigerians, not be about how we rescue our nation from the electoral mistake made instead of playing the blame game, for votes Nigerians cast in 2015 and 2019, when the misrule, deaths, insecurity and blatant ethno-religious bias/nepotism continues?

You're a joker dude.

My comment is based on the use of the phrase "may have other agenda"....anyways you've been noticed....move on like you claim and get a life!
kilisi:

[s]The guy has told you the truth bro and I believe you should be humble enough to accept his corrections.[/s]
Trash
I can never blame anyone who voted for Buhari in 2015 because majority felt the country was not going the right way and change was needed. Buhari was the only realistic alternative at the polls. I for one was born few years after he was overthrown as a military head of state. So all the info I had about him was from books and the mass media. So if I had voted in 2015, I probably would have voted for Buhari though I decided not vote. Therefore, I cannot see the logic in blaming everyone who voted for Buhari in 2015.

I can only blame those who saw how he ruled and then voted for him the second term in 2019. That is pure insanity!
SMH@you for terming what that ignoramus said as truth....your opinion lacks credence because comparing your situation(age and knowledge) with that of the Elder is a gross mistake on your part! You should next time make use of your critical thinking abilities......kindly remind yourself of when Elder was born....there you have one of the answers to my comment on Elder(Prof Soyinka)....BTW stop quoting me if you don't have any reasonable thing or information as to this thread.
kilisi:

Look at the bold part of your comment and then look yourself in the mirror.

This is the last time I will ever quote you as you come across as someone who is very rude!

Bye!
Pinned
FakeUnity:

I think you should shut the fcukk up and stop trying to 'deodorize' your electoral mistake of voting in an underperforming scumbag like booharrri. Instead of apologizing for your lack of electoral foresight.

If the East were the ones who smuggled in that nincompoop into aso rock with their votes and he continues to fumble and insult yoruba like the buffoon serial does to the Igbo, yoruba ethnic jackals like you would be baying for Igbo blood and asking for our heads on a plate..

Seniorwriter is right, you lots fuckkked up in 2015, accept that first before talking about moving on. You must know where the rain started beating you...
I don't think the Nairalander & others that revoted for this incompetent buhari led maladministration knows the magnanimity of their useless action.

@SENIORWRITER

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by Inkling(f): 7:35am On Aug 29, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by nzeobi(m): 7:38am On Aug 29, 2021
That man buhari is evil I agree.

If there's a way he will stop southern States from getting revenue am sure he'll do it

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by skywalker240(m): 7:39am On Aug 29, 2021
Tell me you were not aware all these while when Nnamdi Kanu has been singing it

Mehn I used to view this old Man in high esteem

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by Joromi1: 7:41am On Aug 29, 2021
You can't expect anything different from a bloodthirsty Fulani herdsman and Jihadist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by Goodmarlian: 7:43am On Aug 29, 2021
They know where to do that,not in the southeast we don't just shout we take action,any cattle you bring down here is free Suya and bbQ,if you do anyhow Esn waste you..

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by Ogbenia: 7:45am On Aug 29, 2021
skywalker240:
Tell me you were not aware all these while when Nnamdi Kanu has been singing it

Mehn I used to view this old Man in high esteem

Many of us didn't believe Nnamdi Kanu then.
I personally thought it was propaganda to paint Buhari black but now I can see.
We owe Nnamdi Kanu an apology.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by illicit(m): 7:45am On Aug 29, 2021
I thought as much....
Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by adolfHitler1934: 7:53am On Aug 29, 2021
You swindled your listeners with big big grammar.

Oga just go siddon one corner make we suffer what all of you (elites) and propagandist sold to us.
Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 29, 2021
What use to pain me is Yoruba leaders always want to carry Nigeria problem on their head. You will never see an ibo man fight for Nigeria, even tho they benefited from it the most, you will never see a fulani fight for interest of other ethnic group. Soyinka should have put Yoruba interest above the rest.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by uBuNiT: 8:02am On Aug 29, 2021
Quota prof. He never merited it
Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by skywalker240(m): 8:13am On Aug 29, 2021
Ogbenia:

Many of us didn't believe Nnamdi Kanu then.
I personally thought it was propaganda to paint Buhari black but now I can see.
We owe Nnamdi Kanu an apology.
Majority of your type will say otherwise

Personally I never entertained the idea of buhari as president even when my friends were campaigning for the old idiot

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by BigRocky: 8:17am On Aug 29, 2021
mehn this man hv lambasted buhari left,right and centre, unfortunately the president does not have brain.

And he also has ear problem so all this rant might be falling on a deaf ear .

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by Charmingrascal(m): 8:24am On Aug 29, 2021
This is Jihad going on under Buhari
Jihad and ethnic cleansing.

Y'all foolish Southerners sai babaing are so dumb to see many things that are going wrong.

Fulani have access to arms, they have military backing, the Federal government is backing them.

Buhari ordered security operatives to shot anybody seen with AKs, I guess he gave that order against ESN, Odua Nation agitators and whoever carries arm to defend himself against Fulani.

That is why you will see security operatives arresting bandits and pampering bandits instead of following Presidential order.

How did ragtag fulani herders have access to gun this much, you don't know? They have the backing of the government and people in Buhari's government to go ahead with their Jihad.
That is why they are killing Middle belt and northern Christians.

Southern Kaduna, Benue, Plateau are majorly Christian dominated areas, they are killing people there on a daily basis without any challenge.
The military always come around when the Fulani have killed enough people and operated for hours.
Miyetti Allah now issue threats to democratically elected, Governors infact they speak for the Presidency.
They vowed that there won't be peace in Benue until Ortom rescind his open grazing ban order.
They have gone far in their killing business in the middle belt and testing the waters in South West because of fulani slaves like Tinubu.

Why do you think the terrorists Imam who threatened to kill Christians has not been questioned? It is simply because he voiced out what Buhari and other Jihadist in his government had in mind.
Is his threat not turning to reality?
Even with curfew in place with soldiers everywhere, Fulani Jihadist still attacked Jos and killed many people.
Where were the security operatives deployed to restore peace, they were given orders from above to allow Fulani operate freely.

Southerners wise up, this is Jihad going on when they finish with the middle belt they will fully focus on other regions.

Buhari still has two years, if we allow this to go on his remaining two years is enough for Fulani to move from every nooks and crannies of this Country to perpetrate their evil.

This is Jihad, this is ethnic cleansing.
Nigerians rise and defend yourself before they turn your ancestral lands to cattle colonies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 29, 2021
Seniorwriter:
Elder but you were part of the campaign for his leadership....didn't he explain his agenda before you joined the band wagon?

@SENIORWRITER

Please shut up for fck sake!!! Do people like you not appreciate how silly and cowardly you sound with your modus operandi of going on the attack against everyone who previously supported Buhari instead of moving forward, as Soyinka and many have done, in the search for solutions?

Can you read the mind and intentions of anyone around you, even your own direct relatives, let alone demand that from Nigerians casting their vote for a stranger based upon info in the public space about that candidate and then the direct spoken promises of that candidate also?

@SENIORWRITER indeed. That you always end your post with the aforementioned, in bold, just shows you are the typical Nigerian charlatan with nothing productive to add to our search for solutions. You just like the sound of your own cowardly and 'notice me' voice.

Yes Buhari has underwhelmed. How is that the fault of those who voted for him with hope he woukd do better than he is doing today?

Should the next course of action, for 'woke' Nigerians, not be about how we rescue our nation from the electoral mistake made instead of playing the blame game, for votes Nigerians cast in 2015 and 2019, when the misrule, deaths, insecurity and blatant ethno-religious bias/nepotism continues?

You're a joker dude.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by clarocuzioo(m): 8:49am On Aug 29, 2021
okoo
Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by Emergingnation(m): 8:52am On Aug 29, 2021
SlyDev:
What use to pain me is Yoruba leaders always want to carry Nigeria problem on their head. You will never see an ibo man fight for Nigeria, even tho they benefited from it the most, you will never see a fulani fight for interest of other ethnic group. Soyinka should have put Yoruba interest above the rest.
Are you're a yoruba,

A Typical fulani man that always try to undermine southern unity..

ABOKI your divide and rule antics is outdated..

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 29, 2021
Emergingnation:
Are you're a yoruba,

A Typical fulani man that always try to undermine southern unity..

ABOKI your divide and rule antics is outdated..

I have no time to engage okoro in wailing competition
Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by OBoy50: 8:55am On Aug 29, 2021
cheesy
It gives me joy cus the yorubas who imposed the dumb dullard are the ones crying like babies and fleeing to cotonou
#yorubas Ntorrrrrr

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 29, 2021
adolfHitler1934:
You swindled your listeners with big big grammar.

Oga just go siddon one corner make we suffer what all of you (elites) and propagandist sold to us.

Shut up n1tw1t. Are you a toddler? The assumption is that you are making an informed choice, as an adult, when you cast your vote.

When your electoral decision goes wrong, you find ways to correct it as citizens of politically sophisticated nations, worldwide, do instead of looking for who to blame for how the majority voted.

Soyinka may be 200 years old and you 19. Yet the law gives you both equal right to vote and be voted for. The cornerstone of democracy.

It is a cowardly nature that will make you suggest that Soyinka and "elites" influenced how you, a supposedly independent-minded adult, voted.

Are you now telling us that you are not in control of your own mind and decisions, as an adult, and that you simply voted Buhari igorantly because Soyinka, Tinubu, Fashola etal encouraged you to do so?

Guy, talk better and stop being such a 'blame game' coward. This is a democracy and the majority voted for Buhari.

If you are a true democrat then you will know what has to be done from this point on to realize it is not finger pointing that will rescue our nation and save Nigerian lives/properties.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by Emergingnation(m): 8:59am On Aug 29, 2021
SlyDev:

I have no time to engage okoro in wailing competition
ABOKI, be proud of your tribe for once, stop hiding behind other tribes and be constituting nuisance

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 29, 2021
Emergingnation:
ABOKI, be proud of your tribe for once, stop hiding behind other tribes and be constituting nuisance

Funny hiebow. Continue wailing
Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by vedaxcool(m): 9:10am On Aug 29, 2021
Spiritual father of cultism terrorism.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 29, 2021
OBoy50:
cheesy
It gives me joy cus the yorubas who imposed the dumb dullard are the ones crying like babies and fleeing to cotonou
#yorubas Ntorrrrrr

If Yorubas "imposed" Buhari on Nigeria then what does that say about the rest of you? Are you now saying all corners of Nigeria, consisting over 300 ethnic group, is at the mercy of decisions the Yorubas make?

Let me remind you charlatans, cowards and toddlers, in adult bodies, that Yoruba voting pattern was the most progressive, by far, in the entire Nigeria with how Jonathan and Atiku did very well against Buhari in 2015 and 2019 in the SW region while elsewhere, and throughout other regions of Nigeria, it appeared as if you all cast clannish and ethno-religious votes.

Today, it is SW governors making the most progressive demands they want to use to correct the divisive and destructive policies/inclinations of Buhari while your own leaders in the SE and SS look on like impotent mumus.

Take Yorubas out of your 'blame game' mouth and start looking at your own worthless leaders taking a lot and giving you zilch in return.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by OBALOLA55(m): 9:16am On Aug 29, 2021
EKA’ARO PROF

MONOGAMY WE NEED YOUR OPINION ON THIS

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by OBoy50: 9:20am On Aug 29, 2021
cheesy
Ode! Why are the yorubas running to cotonou safe haven? I see no sense in any write up here as majority of the APC votes for buhari came from the north and Southwest (brothers in unity) so stop the childish write up and go embrace sense in cotonou
Oshigun:

If Yorubas "imposed" Buhari on Nigeria then what does that say about the rest of you? Are you now saying all corners of Nigeria, consisting over 300 ethnic group, is at the mercy of decisions the Yorubas make?

Let me remind you charlatans, cowards and toddlers, in adult bodies, that Yoruba voting pattern was the most progressive, by far, in the entire Nigeria with how Jonathan and Atiku did very well against Buhari in 2015 and 2019 in the SW region while elsewhere, and throughout other regions of Nigeria, it appeared as if you all cast clannish and ethno-religious votes.

Today, it is SW governors making the most progressive demands they want to use to correct the divisive and destructive policies/inclinations of Buhari while your own leaders in the SE and SS look on like impotent mumus.

Take Yorubas out of your 'blame game' mouth and start looking at your own worthless leaders taking a lot and giving you zilch in return.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by FarahAideed: 9:31am On Aug 29, 2021
Una stilll dey say he may? cheesy

The Man has waged a Full Jihad against Nigerians and he is not even hiding his intentions yet this man is still saying he may!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Obsession Is Not Just About Cattle, He May Have Other Agenda - Soyinka by OBALOLA55(m): 9:32am On Aug 29, 2021
SlyDev:

Funny hiebow. Continue wailing
SHARRAP ABOKKI

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obi Cubana Given A Standing Ovation By Ex Govs & Ex Senators At Sun Award: Video / 2023: Ikwerre People Are Not Igbo, Ameachi Wants To Change Our History – / BREAKING: Buhari Sacks CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele – Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.