Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market (12584 Views)

LASG Flags Off Redevelopment Of Igbosere Courthouse Razed By Hoodlums / Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons / 4,000 Of Ariaria Shops Now Enjoy Constant Electricity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by Trumann: 1:49pm On Aug 29, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Ambode no dey fear pesin. He was the one who flagged off construction in that place, after fashola located the site. He'd have completed it by now, had he not been removed. Na cry people for cry taya. Sanwoolu no get liver at all

Owo ticket dey inside, Owo Iyaloja, Local Government revenues too.
Then, if you move it to the outskirts, people will refuse to patronise it.
Party leaders and stakeholders have shops and plazas in Computer village.
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by ANON333: 1:50pm On Aug 29, 2021
You've been deceived so easily. That punk won't do a thing. This is just for the media, nothing for ariaria, or abia people.
PROUDIGBO:
I hate gov’ts that give excuses for their visionlessness or disinterest in governance by saying ‘cabals prevented us from doing our jobs’! What useless ‘cabal’?

Less than than two years left for his administration to go and it’s only now he remembered that Ariaria market is a eyesore and embarrassment, not just to Abians, but the entire Ndigbo! He’s only decided to finally do something due to the backlash received recently after those disgraceful pictures of the market were shown on social media!

1 Like

Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by Eriokanmi: 1:54pm On Aug 29, 2021
Trumann:

Owo ticket dey inside, Owo Iyaloja, Owo Council,
Then, if you move it to the outskirts, people will refuse to patronise it.
Katangowa isn't outskirts oo. Have you been there before near abule egba? If the same people could be collecting same ticket moni at the Popular Ile-Epo food stuff market, why wouldn't they extend it to the new ICT site which is just 2k meters away?Coker Building Materials site along mile 2 expressway is more remote than the new ICT site yet, they still collect iyaloja moni from them
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by kaludestiny10(m): 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2021
Don't be angry. But if I may ask, who is the governor of Abia state? It is not a hidden secret that T.A Orji and co are the governors of Abia state.
When I said co, I meant his son Ikuku. Okezie Ikpeazu is just a figure head.
DaniDani:
The first poster above me (PROUDLYIGBO) nawao! The government keep silence you complain, the government commence action to remedy a situation, you also complain. As much as there's a lot to do in Abia State, the media have really not been fair to Okezie Ipkeazu. Abia State have been a ruin before Ipkeazu. The governor of a truth is making efforts especially in drainage. Anyone that can be sincere, know that semeck road from mcc to faulks road was impassable but the governor reconstructed with drainage system. I must also let everyone here know that faulks road was not constructed in a haste, Setraco took time to construct that road with covered drainage system. How that road damaged so fast is a big surprise to me. Sincerely speaking that road was thoroughly reconstructed. I sense that the cause of the fast damage of that road is because of the dirty nature of dwellers of ABA people, filling drainages with rubbish and later blame the government. Mind you, I am not holding brief for the governor, I am not a sycophant and can never be. I say things the way I see them. Ikpeazu have failed in the area of salary payment no doubt, but he surely have given ABA attention in terms of road and gutter construction but ndi ABA are too dirty to a fault.

For those that don't know, the governor started with Ahia ohuru remodelling for some months now. There has been a reconstruction of Ngwa road ahia ohuru market and now, he has extended it to ariaria main market. I like the way they are on his neck to do more work in Aba. During tief a orji, no body dare utter a word unless you want to end...
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by Cof1ex(m): 2:07pm On Aug 29, 2021
I wonder if we're in this together...
He constructed road, within a short time the road became bad... You still get mind de talk am here..
Oga landlord travel and see and save this your campaign for 2023
DaniDani:
The first poster above me (PROUDLYIGBO) nawao! The government keep silence you complain, the government commence action to remedy a situation, you also complain. As much as there's a lot to do in Abia State, the media have really not been fair to Okezie Ipkeazu. Abia State have been a ruin before Ipkeazu. The governor of a truth is making efforts especially in drainage. Anyone that can be sincere, know that semeck road from mcc to faulks road was impassable but the governor reconstructed with drainage system. I must also let everyone here know that faulks road was not constructed in a haste, Setraco took time to construct that road with covered drainage system. How that road damaged so fast is a big surprise to me. Sincerely speaking that road was thoroughly reconstructed. I sense that the cause of the fast damage of that road is because of the dirty nature of dwellers of ABA people, filling drainages with rubbish and later blame the government. Mind you, I am not holding brief for the governor, I am not a sycophant and can never be. I say things the way I see them. Ikpeazu have failed in the area of salary payment no doubt, but he surely have given ABA attention in terms of road and gutter construction but ndi ABA are too dirty to a fault.

For those that don't know, the governor started with Ahia ohuru remodelling for some months now. There has been a reconstruction of Ngwa road ahia ohuru market and now, he has extended it to ariaria main market. I like the way they are on his neck to do more work in Aba. During tief a orji, no body dare utter a word unless you want to end...

1 Like

Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 29, 2021
My heart to all Igbo communities.... May rapid development get there. I am seeing something about igbo.
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by Faber(m): 2:24pm On Aug 29, 2021
funkekemi:
They want to steal people's shop thru the back door, they will come telling you how they want to expand the road , but some shops will have to be demolised . They will demolish the shop, add few inches to the existing road, then build shops on the same land which they took from people and tell you this is government land example is faulks road from freezone gate to A line gate . They took away people's shop citing road expansion only to build on same land they took from poor , some only have that as their retirement benefits .they tagged each shop 3, million and some 5 million . The are currently taxing 23,500 each shop in ariaria without issuing receipts while the market is floating on water , by Tuesday I will snap the eyesore called international market , believe me people are suffering in aba yet the government is preaching peace

You are a real Aba citizen. The corruption perpetrated by the Ngwa indigenes is outrageous. Ariaria have been their target for many years. The want to steal the shops and re-allot them to their own lazy, useless Ngwa people.

If you're are an Ngwa man or Woman coming here to quote me. Thunder fire you in advance. Finnish your Osisioma flyover first before quoting me.

2 Likes

Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by Stephenmoka4(m): 2:33pm On Aug 29, 2021
Could he include the roads leading to it.
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by descarado: 3:06pm On Aug 29, 2021
funkekemi:
They want to steal people's shop thru the back door, they will come telling you how they want to expand the road , but some shops will have to be demolised . They will demolish the shop, add few inches to the existing road, then build shops on the same land which they took from people and tell you this is government land example is faulks road from freezone gate to A line gate . They took away people's shop citing road expansion only to build on same land they took from poor , some only have that as their retirement benefits .they tagged each shop 3, million and some 5 million . The are currently taxing 23,500 each shop in ariaria without issuing receipts while the market is floating on water , by Tuesday I will snap the eyesore called international market , believe me people are suffering in aba yet the government is preaching peace
You truly feel for the poor.
Please go round and snap the pictures with dates and show us.
Bad belle people everywhere.
Ariaria is indeed floating in water
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by descarado: 3:06pm On Aug 29, 2021
Faber:

You are a real Aba citizen. The corruption perpetrated by the Ngwa indigenes is outrageous. Ariaria have been their target for many years. The want to steal the shops and re-allot them to their own lazy, useless Ngwa people.

If you're are an Ngwa man or Woman coming here to quote me. Thunder fire you in advance. Finnish your Osisioma flyover first before quoting me.
Take seat please
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by descarado: 3:14pm On Aug 29, 2021
Trumann:

You see that one, there are a lot of interests stopping it.
No interest stopping ariaria?

You see the problem I have with political jobbers here.
They leave their place and constituency and perch like fly o another man's problem when theirs arr worst.
They come online to claim holier than thou yet their backyard is oozing.
All except like 10% of markets in Nigeria are in bad shape. From balogun to kano to maiduguri, mile 1, ariaria, jos etc do not meet Nigerian Market standard not to talk of international yet everytime, ariaria this ariaria that.

Your governors are no longer Nigerian politicians?

It's only ikpeazu.
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 29, 2021
Abia state should focus on roads
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by dvkot(m): 3:20pm On Aug 29, 2021
tomilayomi:
Its a good development wink
These are just designs, implementation ni koko grin
until.u hear the design cost N100million then it will choke
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by funkekemi(f): 3:28pm On Aug 29, 2021
Demurkelly:
Ikpeazu is the most underated and lowkey governor in Nigeria. Go and google Enyimba economic city he started. It isn't publicized like other governors do theirs. He is docile and slow yes, but he delivers.

Stop saying trash. Ngwa road market A.K.A Abia Ohuru has been under rehabilitation since months now. The names of the shop owners has been published and the govt asked those whose names were absent to come publicly to complain. Ikpeazu has been working relentlesly but the media undermines his effort. Ikpeazu does not promise and fail....not yet sha. So abeg if you haven't been to Aba since 2019 you have no say in this matter

Thank you. Everytime we blame govt. but we are pretty sure that it isn't govt dumping trash in our drainages hereby clogging them. The plaza they are asked to moved to has been constructed since two years with all modern facilities by a certain bank (sterling or so) they refused to move there notwithstanding how dirty A line is. My fellow igbo traders there are at fault here
I am a witness here and I don't talk rubbish, all the shops that were demolished for the purpose of expanding the road , were rebuilt and allocated to government cronies and influencial ngwa indegene , the question people were and still asking is this , why lie to people , steap thier shops in deciets , im trader there and if you want I will disclose my shop for you as evidence . Currently they have gone to medicine line telling them how they want to construct road from A line gate to enyimba gate but the traders know the truth and they have rejected it . It's aboutvto rain in aba and by tomorrow which is sit at home , I will snap the mess ariaria is in . There is a heap of dirt opposite access bank which has been there for over 3 weeks but we have been paying for sanitation . Currently bthe government is forcing people to pay 23500 each shop which amounts to billions of naira . Please for what we say here online Abia state is in a mess. From tonimas to flyover is in a mess , uratta is a pigstyl , omuma road haba you dear not wear white , faulks road is done . Please when next you visit aba and they want to shop you aba north axis , tell them you want to see more of osisioma and uglwunabo

2 Likes

Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by BluntCrazeMan: 3:44pm On Aug 29, 2021
Demurkelly:
Ikpeazu is the most underated and lowkey governor in Nigeria. Go and google Enyimba economic city he started. It isn't publicized like other governors do theirs. He is docile and slow yes, but he delivers.

Stop saying trash. Ngwa road market A.K.A Abia Ohuru has been under rehabilitation since months now. The names of the shop owners has been published and the govt asked those whose names were absent to come publicly to complain. Ikpeazu has been working relentlesly but the media undermines his effort. Ikpeazu does not promise and fail....not yet sha. So abeg if you haven't been to Aba since 2019 you have no say in this matter

Thank you. Everytime we blame govt. but we are pretty sure that it isn't govt dumping trash in our drainages hereby clogging them. The plaza they are asked to moved to has been constructed since two years with all modern facilities by a certain bank (sterling or so) they refused to move there notwithstanding how dirty A line is. My fellow igbo traders there are at fault here
In politics, publicity goes a long way to save a politician, especially if you really trusted the people's votes...
If he is not publicising now, then when will he publicise??
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by Bngf: 3:48pm On Aug 29, 2021
Really
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by Griffon(m): 3:51pm On Aug 29, 2021
Governor wey never complete one flyover since 2017 can't be trusted to deliver on this promise.
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by Trumann: 3:52pm On Aug 29, 2021
descarado:
No interest stopping ariaria?

You see the problem I have with political jobbers here.
They leave their place and constituency and perch like fly o another man's problem when theirs arr worst.
They come online to claim holier than thou yet their backyard is oozing.
All except like 10% of markets in Nigeria are in bad shape. From balogun to kano to maiduguri, mile 1, ariaria, jos etc do not meet Nigerian Market standard not to talk of international yet everytime, ariaria this ariaria that.

Your governors are no longer Nigerian politicians?

It's only ikpeazu.

Ariaria is a latrine, Orie Ohabiam is a pit toilet. Have you been to Slaughter in Aba? Is Computer village in the same state? There is no market in the entire Abia state as organised as computer village but you are foolishly defending Ikpeazu so as to earn your pay.
You fools deserve to suffer and by God's grace, Ikuku will takeover from TA Orji so you can suffer more.
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by SirBunky85(m): 4:01pm On Aug 29, 2021
BigRocky:
The power of social media is real,but apc government will only see the negative part..

Abia government was called out via the Internet and they are now left with no choice than to commence work ASAP.

Ariaria market really exposed the incompetence of the state government.
and for your gullible mind,the governor who has been owing workers for more than 26months would just redevelop the ariria marker within the given time frame abi?have you asked yourself why the stupid governor hasn't finished the osisioma flyover since 2016?most of you are too gullible

1 Like

Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by SirBunky85(m): 4:04pm On Aug 29, 2021
funkekemi:
pls don't mind the idiots supporting the wicked and incompetent ikpeazu.the ordinary osisioma he started since 2016 hasn't been completed yet, he wants to start this one just less than two years before his tenure elapses
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by Mrexcell(m): 4:07pm On Aug 29, 2021
Nice development I always knew that there must be a major reason why that market has remained in that very horrible state for so many years good to know that the abia state govt have finally reached an agreement with the shop owners and other stake holders in the market. Naturally igbos are not known to be dirty to that extent of living in such very horrible environment.
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by FORWARDEVERLY: 4:10pm On Aug 29, 2021
DaniDani:

Nwanne.. you dn talk am finish..

During TA Orji.. where Dem dey to talk.. Dem no born Dem well.. na everyone dey yarn nonsense.. see that man is trying.. for good 8 years.. TA never gave ABA city a look in .. and they think it would be easy for Ikpeazu to do everything now with this global economic meltdown..

Let them continue Wailing..

1 Like

Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by FORWARDEVERLY: 4:12pm On Aug 29, 2021
funkekemi:

It is either you are ashamed to use a better moniker to state your claim or you are what your moniker says but choose to say what you don't Know..

When did yoruba ladies start having shops and businesses in Aba ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by FORWARDEVERLY: 4:14pm On Aug 29, 2021
Iceman2017:
Set to?

The only clueless government in southeast

Though, Enugu is trying so hard to compete with Abia.

Not more clueless like the man running your family..
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by proeast(m): 4:19pm On Aug 29, 2021
PROUDIGBO:
I hate gov’ts that give excuses for their visionlessness or disinterest in governance by saying ‘cabals prevented us from doing our jobs’! What useless ‘cabal’?

Less than than two years left for his administration to go and it’s only now he remembered that Ariaria market is a eyesore and embarrassment, not just to Abians, but the entire Ndigbo! He’s only decided to finally do something due to the backlash received recently after those disgraceful pictures of the market were shown on social media!

It's better late than the late. Thank God he has finally woken up.

I have written several articles about the sorry state of Ariaria and why it must be demolished and rebuilt from scratch. I only hope it would be a nice and mall standard market that would be built and not some substandard rubbish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by PROVERBZ(m): 4:25pm On Aug 29, 2021
AkachiNwog:
Government Special Announcement

Abia State Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, has approved the commencement of phased redevelopment of Ariaria International Market, Aba, from Sunday, 5th September, 2021.

Recall that the administration has made several efforts to reconstruct the 47-year old market in order to tackle its age-long structural issues with many of the shops as well as provide the necessary modern infrastructure to deal with the perennial flooding challenges particularly with A-Line while delivering other amenities like befitting car parks, conveniences, beautification of the surroundings, improved fire fighting capacity and such other facilities to our traders.

A cabal in the market that had been profiting from its current state had sought to place unnecessary legal and other obstacles on the path of government’s efforts and had hampered previous attempts at commencing works in the market in April 2021, but in the interest of overwhelming public good, we are compelled to go ahead with redevelopment efforts in one of the foremost markets in the country.

In recent days, different social media platforms have been inundated with uncomplimentary videos of flooded A-Line that obviously also endangers traders and shoppers alike while bringing the government into public odium. No responsible government will, in the face of such images making the rounds on social media, sit back and watch without taking appropriate actions to deliver the much needed solution as quickly as possible.

Consequently, after a final consultative meeting with stakeholders of Ariaria International Market on Tuesday, 24th August, 2021, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu has approved the phased redevelopment of the market as follows:

1. Traders currently doing business along A-Line, C-Line and Medical Line are to relocate from their shops on or before close of business on Saturday, 4th September, 2021 to enable the commencement of work the following day, Sunday, 5th September, 2021.

2. Those affected are to temporarily relocate to Ekumi Shopping plaza or other available shops within the market.

3. The developers have committed to completing the required work in the phase which includes establishment of proper drainage channels within the affected lines, construction of new shops and parks, before the first week of December 2021.

4. Abia state government will through subsequent press releases publish the names of existing shop allottees who are guaranteed of their return to the reconstructed shops after completion of the first phase. It is important to state that no existing shop allottee will lose his/her shop after the work.

5. Governor Okezie Ikpeazu is expected to personally hand back new allocation papers to all the existing allottees on Friday, 5th December, 2021.

6. Trading activities are expected to continue in other lines that are not affected by the first phase of the redevelopment project while the appointed developers, Messrs Blessed Henkel International Company, are expected to work with the market committee and security agents to ensure full security within the market during the period of redevelopment.

Government wishes to assure traders that it will work to ensure minimal disruptions to trading activities while executing this project which has now been made more urgent and crucial because of the recent flooding forecast from the Nigeria Meteorological Agency, NiMet.

We will also not in any way tolerate any attempt by any individual or group to disrupt the planned work as we have consulted widely enough and given enough grace period, long before now, for alternative solutions which never yielded any meaningful result.

Finally, we solicit the understanding and support of all Abians as we restate our commitment to delivering a modern market to our people.

Thank you.

Chief John Okiyi Kalu
Honorable Commissioner for Information, Abia State
28/08/2021
it's not a lie bro. I was very surprised to see the story online here.
In my school in port Harcourt a boy was hosting us about his boy boy days at the market and he told us this story like a month ago. The whole story is just complex and long. The government has tried to relocate the medicine line but various factions are fighting for power and they have tugs easily available.
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by EmekaA125(m): 4:26pm On Aug 29, 2021
[s]
Trumann:
Pigs
[/s]
Afonja ma ni Problem ti e niyen.
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by EmekaA125(m): 4:27pm On Aug 29, 2021
Unibener:
See Design
Nigeria Amaka
Igbo Amaka.
Biafra Amaka.
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by EmekaA125(m): 4:30pm On Aug 29, 2021
Iceman2017:
Set to?

The only clueless government in southeast

Though, Enugu is trying so hard to compete with Abia.
Nwoke ofe onugbu called Gburus destroyed Enugu and rendered the state useless. No infrastructure, no road. Just mounting billboard and employing sycophants and praise singers like Louis Amoke and co.

1 Like

Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by uba1991: 4:31pm On Aug 29, 2021
This kerosene governor should just go and learn from El rufai.
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by EmekaA125(m): 4:37pm On Aug 29, 2021
Demurkelly:

Why can't government provide enough refuse container to markets and other strategic locations in Aba? I believe no sane person would intentionally pour trash inside drainage when unfilled refuse container is nearby. Sometimes those environmental agency workers don't evacuate already filled dustbin on time making the whole place an eyesore. Ikpeazu has to be blamed to be honest.
Re: Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market by EmekaA125(m): 4:39pm On Aug 29, 2021
uba1991:
This kerosene governor should just go and learn from El rufai.
If not for his Fulani hatred on Igbo, he is really doing wonderful job in Kaduna State though poverty level is high in the State just like every other Northern State. Too much population with little or scarce resources to carter for them. Almajiri kids every nook and cranny of the North. Too bad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Plateau Government Raises Alarm Over Plans To Swear In 16 APC Lawmakers / Brigadier Ogundipe A Hero Or Coward / Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.