Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,452 members, 7,861,311 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:23 AM

Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses (16396 Views)

What Are The Teachings Of Jehovah Witnesses That Are Lies / Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:19pm On Sep 01, 2021
Nancy2020:
people are judged by what they did not what they say.
That is why Jesus said not every one who calls me lord lord will enter the kingdom of God.
Now there are two last days one the day we die and the day of the lord which is the last day of the earth and the day of judgement.
No repentance on the last day.
Because you will be judged according to your work according to what you believe.
That is why until the gospel is preached to every one before Jesus comes.
All the statements I made I hope you know where they are in the Bible.

The highlighted! cheesy

Have you forgotten that your own Bible pass my own?

You that quoted Matthew 87:77-88!

Please quote or cite whatever you say in the Bible o! cheesy

What God's word said is clear, only those who believe in Jesus will be saved {John 3:16} if everyone is to be judged according to their past deeds then why was the thief granted Paradise? Remember if we're to go by his past deeds the guy is a complete criminal! Luke 23:41
So what happens to all the thieves in the world that pastors do go to tell them to accept Jesus during execution? Will they also be judged by their past deeds or go to Paradise like the other criminal? smiley
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by Nancy2020(f): 2:30pm On Sep 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted! cheesy

Have you forgotten that your own Bible pass my own?

You that quoted Matthew 87:77-88!

Please quote or cite whatever you say in the Bible o! cheesy

What God's word said is clear, only those who believe in Jesus will be saved {John 3:16} if everyone is to be judged according to their past deeds then why was the thief granted Paradise? Remember if we're to go by his past deeds the guy is a complete criminal! Luke 23:41
So what happens to all the thieves in the world that pastors do go to tell them to accept Jesus during execution? Will they also be judged by their past deeds or go to Paradise like the other criminal? smiley
Devil idea below:
Show me this in the Bible
JEHOVAH singlehandedly chosen Jesus for that position and declared saying "do you want to enter PARADISE and live forever? Then at the name of Jesus of Nazareth you must bow..........
I will show you all those places once you accept that this above statement from you is not in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 2:39pm On Sep 01, 2021
freshboi88:
[s]
Because u are quoting things not relevant to the discussion. When the Bible is talking about doctrine it us not referring to what u are saying.
It is talking about teachings that deny the divinity of Jesus or go against his commandments. It was referring to apostate groups like the JW who teach that Jesus is not God. Pple like JW, Mormons, Adventist who twist the teachings of the gospel.
Not people who debate on the right mode of baptism, infant baptism. These issues are open for debate cos the Bible is not explicitly clear on how these things ought to be done. So it's left for open interpretation. This is where human factor comes in. In a case of mode of baptism....there are christian groups that believe in immersion only, others believe in pouring and sprinkling etc.
Now if Paul was to write a letter to these Christians, what do u think his response would be. The scripture is clear on that
Based on 1cor 7:19. He would say whether immersion, sprinkling or pouring, it doesn't matter, what matters is keeping God's commandment.
I hope u are learning. Pray that the Holy Spirit remove this spiritual blindness the watch tower has given u, so that u can begin to see the meat of scripture[/s]

What’s your take on these Scriptures?

Romans 16:17(KJV)
“Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.”

1Timothy 1:3-4
“Just as I encouraged you to stay in Ephʹe·sus when I was about to go to Mac·e·doʹni·a, so I do now, in order for you to command certain ones not to teach different doctrine, nor to pay attention to false stories and to genealogies. Such things end up in nothing useful but merely give rise to speculations rather than providing anything from God in connection with faith.”

1Timothy 6:3-5
If any man teaches another doctrine and does not agree with the wholesome instruction, which is from our Lord Jesus Christ, nor with the teaching that is in harmony with godly devotion, 4 he is puffed up with pride and does not understand anything. He is obsessed with arguments and debates about words. These things give rise to envy, strife, slander, wicked suspicions, 5 constant disputes about minor matters by men who are corrupted in mind and deprived of the truth, thinking that godly devotion is a means of gain.”

2Timothy 4:3-4
“For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.”

OK so you said the Witnesses, LDS and SDA are twisting scriptures but it happens that it’s only the Witnesses who are giving you people headache abi?

When we go out to preach, we often encounter LDS and SDA members who are afraid to speak to us. Why do you think that’s the case? They aren’t skilled enough to use the Bible like the Witnesses(Ephesians 6:17) so they know if we engage in discussions with them, they’ll see errors in their doctrines and they also know that hundreds of persons from Mormons and SDA became Witnesses yearly but it can never happen that a baptized JW turns around and becomes a member of their religion.

At the very least a former JW will remain irreligious because he knows there’s no truth anywhere else other than amongst Jehovah’s Witnesses. So next time make your comparison without classifying all of us in the same sentence because Witnesses do not recognize SDA AND LDS as Christians, we recognize only those who are doing the will of Jehovah and obeying the commandments of Jesus Christ(Matthew 12:46-50, John 14:15) not people who merely claim to follow Jesus. Luke 6:46
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:45pm On Sep 01, 2021
Nancy2020:
Devil idea below:
JEHOVAH singlehandedly chosen Jesus for that position and declared saying "do you want to enter PARADISE and live forever? Then at the name of Jesus of Nazareth you must bow..........
I will show you all those places once you accept that this above statement from you is not in the Bible.

He uses his mind evil idea to interpret Bible I have told him to stop using that method he won't Repent or change his ways

He can claim any story that pop up in his head and say that is what Jehovah said

A man who refuses to believe Bible acts that way because he hates Jesus
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by Janosky: 3:06pm On Sep 01, 2021
freshboi88:

U said only Jehovah is ho theos...so take a snap shot of your own NWT Greek interlinear MuMu
First point, you are LYING.

2nd point,
Brocab,your fellow Trinitarian devotee says
Christianity is a monotheistic religion founded on the belief in Jesus name grin cheesy

Freshboi88 proven himself is worshipper of 2 Gods.
Idol Polytheist pretending to be Christian
. grin cheesy

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by Bishopkingsley(m): 3:12pm On Sep 01, 2021
Jesus is Jehovah in the flesh so that is not two God's he is still the same God as he reveals himself in the flesh that revelation is called son of God or the word of God

This is the mystery that JW find hard to understand because they hate Jesus
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by Janosky: 3:23pm On Sep 01, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
Jesus is Jehovah in the flesh so that is not two God's he is still the same God as he reveals himself in the flesh that revelation is called son of God or the word of God

This is the mystery that JW find hard to understand because they hate Jesus
The holy Scriptures, Awitness41, your fellow Trinitarian devotees & Bible scholars rejected your GIBBERISH.
grin grin grin grin

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by Bishopkingsley(m): 3:33pm On Sep 01, 2021
Janosky:

The holy Scriptures, Awitness41, your fellow Trinitarian devotees & Bible scholars rejected your GIBBERISH.
grin grin grin grin

Read John one and rebuke those evil people who changed that last part to small letter

Ask yourself why other words in John one have capital letters until it got to the last point

Evil JW organization made from the devil
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by Barristter07: 4:55pm On Sep 01, 2021
freshboi88:

John 5:23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.

Seems Jehovah does permit polytheism
Jesus is Lord and should be honored. You are correct. But Any difference between " worship " and "honor" ?

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by Barristter07: 5:01pm On Sep 01, 2021
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by Barristter07: 5:04pm On Sep 01, 2021
Nancy2020:
Bible shows Jesus call God the father God, and Bible equally shows God the father call Jesus God. So it not a new thing to see or hear.

May I point out that While Jesus called the Father " My God" ( personal God ) . The Father never use that expression ?

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:38pm On Sep 01, 2021
Nancy2020:
Devil idea below:

That is just a comprehensive summary of God's word!
But if you want me to pick it verse by verse i'll do that! smiley
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by Nancy2020(f): 5:41pm On Sep 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

That is just a comprehensive summary of God's word!
But if you want me to pick it verse by verse i'll do that! smiley
pick it, no where will you see any hint like that in the Bible. Before you say things of God read the Bible. Because what you did now is a grave sin but because you don't fear Jehovah God that why you lie against him.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by Nancy2020(f): 5:47pm On Sep 01, 2021
Barristter07:

May I point out that While Jesus called the Father " My God" ( personal God ) . The Father never use that expression ?
this is the father speaking.

Hebrews 1:8
New International Version
But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.

New Living Translation
But to the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever. You rule with a scepter of justice.

English Standard Version
But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.

Berean Study Bible
But about the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever, and justice is the scepter of Your kingdom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:49pm On Sep 01, 2021
Nancy2020:

pick it, no where will you see any hint like that in the Bible. Before you say things of God read the Bible. Because what you did now is a grave sin but because you don't fear Jehovah God that why you lie against him.

Oh Nancy please stop amusing me!

You that typed Matthew 87:77-88 the last time is now trying to be the judge even after telling you that what i said is "a comprehensive summary of God's word"

Please go and sit somewhere! cheesy
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by Nancy2020(f): 5:52pm On Sep 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Oh Nancy please stop amusing me!

You that typed Matthew 87:77-88 the last time is now trying to be the judge even after telling you that what i said is "a comprehensive summary of God's word"

Please go and sit somewhere! cheesy
I told you once you tell me who can save you in the new testaments I will show you those verse. As long as you refuse to accept Jesus I will never show you those verse.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:57pm On Sep 01, 2021
Barristter07:

Jesus is Lord and should be honored. You are correct. But Any difference between " worship " and "honor" ?

Do you want to see where Jesus was worshiped in the Bible
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by achorladey: 6:47pm On Sep 01, 2021
freshboi88:

But u r the one who claims oh u JWs are united n Christians are segregated by doctrinal issues. Our segregation is rooted in scripture.

But your unity is demonic not scriptural

The same Max and Dappa came here to tell us some of their brothers are hypocrites and both decided to look at their fellow brothers with suspicion and suspicious eye grin grin grin

Me, I just read what they type and Loool! Na dem dey slaughter and pieces everything from same fingers typing everything.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by achorladey: 6:55pm On Sep 01, 2021
freshboi88:

Oh so now wisdom is not a person ....but wisdom becomes a person in proverbs 8 abi...continue lying

1. Personification does not prove personality for HOLY SPIRIT

2. Personification does prove personality for Jesus christ.

That is what you can easily get from one their publications. Na dem know the difference between different scales wey dem dey use measure things grin grin

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by achorladey: 7:02pm On Sep 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

They only listen to stories from the mouth of their pastors! I know the boy is now searching for where James and Paul had disagreement! cheesy

We know you don't listen to stories from your religious leaders grin
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:08pm On Sep 01, 2021
Keep your Jesus i'll keep mine! smiley

Nancy2020:
I told you once you tell me who can save you in the new testaments I will show you those verse. As long as you refuse to accept Jesus I will never show you those verse.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by freshboi88: 7:17pm On Sep 01, 2021
Barristter07:

Very weak arguement. How do u honor Jehovah ?
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by freshboi88: 7:18pm On Sep 01, 2021
DappaD:

OK so you said the Witnesses, LDS and SDA are twisting scriptures but it happens that it’s only the Witnesses who are giving you people headache abi?

When we go out to preach, we often encounter LDS and SDA members who are afraid to speak to us. Why do you think that’s the case? They aren’t skilled enough to use the Bible like the Witnesses(Ephesians 6:17) so they know if we engage in discussions with them, they’ll see errors in their doctrines and they also know that hundreds of persons from Mormons and SDA became Witnesses yearly but it can never happen that a baptized JW turns around and becomes a member of their religion.

At the very least a former JW will remain irreligious because he knows there’s no truth anywhere else other than amongst Jehovah’s Witnesses. So next time make your comparison without classifying all of us in the same sentence because Witnesses do not recognize SDA AND LDS as Christians, we recognize only those who are doing the will of Jehovah and obeying the commandments of Jesus Christ(Matthew 12:46-50, John 14:15) not people who merely claim to follow Jesus. Luke 6:46

I am done with u. The truth has been preached to u. Wanna continue in falsehood and lies...suit yourself.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by achorladey: 7:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
freshboi88:

So now it's satan u r blaming!...Paul would be very ashamed of u. Because if u read the text properly, it tells us why Peter decided to pretend. I'll make bold the reason so u can see how shameless u r.

Gal 2: 11 When Cephas(A) came to Antioch,(B) I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. 12 For before certain men came from James,(C) he used to eat with the Gentiles.(D) But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group.

James was one of the leaders of church in Jerusalem who belonged to d circumcision group. The group that believed in gentile circumcision. So when Peter saw the men from James he knew what their stand was on eating with uncircumcised gentiles. Now this is why he relapsed and began to pretend.

Paul on the other hand did not believe in gentile circumcision.

Peter was anywhere belle face, trying to play both sides...doing the when in Rome behave like a Roman thing. Now that is why Peter called him out @bold2

So did Paul and James have doctrinal issues on circumcision. The answer is a resounding YES.

But mugu like u who doesn't have the capacity or brain to figure things out for themselves are waiting to see it spelt out word for word. No wonder the things of the spirit are hidden from u. U read the Bible like a story book

To them dey don't listen to stories from their religious leaders.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by freshboi88: 7:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
Janosky:

First point, you are LYING.

2nd point,
Brocab,your fellow Trinitarian devotee says
Christianity is a monotheistic religion founded on the belief in Jesus name grin cheesy

Freshboi88 proven himself is worshipper of 2 Gods.
Idol Polytheist pretending to be Christian
. grin cheesy

GardenofGod finished u. U said only Jehovah is ho theos but ho theos was used in Heb 1:8 for Jesus in your own NWT Greek interlinear.

Put a snap shot of your own Greek interlinear and see how stupid u r

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by freshboi88: 7:22pm On Sep 01, 2021
Barristter07:

Y don't u tell me the difference between worshiping Jehovah and honoring Jehovah
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by achorladey: 7:24pm On Sep 01, 2021
DappaD:

Brother when you start peering into the minds of these people ehn you get to see how far gone they are. Certainly those who keep feeding off from Wormwood will remain in spiritual death and captivity. Revelation 8:11

But you and your likes are fed imperfect spiritual food. We don't need to tell you it contains foreign matter or contamination grin grin

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by achorladey: 7:32pm On Sep 01, 2021
DappaD:

Again, if circumcision/un-circumcision means nothing, then their differences was not about doctrine because Paul was not preaching about circumcision or un-circumcision, therefore it’s not an official doctrine in the congregation whether one gets circumcised or remains uncircumcised. Galatians 5:2

I’ve been quoting Scriptures ever since but you happen to avoid them, why is that the case?

Romans 16:17(KJV)
“Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.”

1Timothy 1:3-4
“Just as I encouraged you to stay in Ephʹe·sus when I was about to go to Mac·e·doʹni·a, so I do now, in order for you to command certain ones not to teach different doctrine, nor to pay attention to false stories and to genealogies. Such things end up in nothing useful but merely give rise to speculations rather than providing anything from God in connection with faith.”

1Timothy 6:3-5
If any man teaches another doctrine and does not agree with the wholesome instruction, which is from our Lord Jesus Christ, nor with the teaching that is in harmony with godly devotion, 4 he is puffed up with pride and does not understand anything. He is obsessed with arguments and debates about words. These things give rise to envy, strife, slander, wicked suspicions, 5 constant disputes about minor matters by men who are corrupted in mind and deprived of the truth, thinking that godly devotion is a means of gain.”

2Timothy 4:3-4
“For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.”

I need your take on the cited Scriptures above so that we’ll see where your “unity in diversity” falls under.

Once you keep harping on what transpired in Galatians chapter 2, it only leads to one question that required either yes or no.
WAS JESUS’ PRAYER THAT HIS DISCIPLES BE UNITED IN THE SAME LINE OF THOUGHT AND TEACHING ANSWERED?

Na so they will keep parading one line of thought yet looking their members with hypocritical eyes and suspicion despite having that indeed one line of thought.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by achorladey: 7:38pm On Sep 01, 2021
Janosky:

Matthew 4:10, Jesus Christ no follow for your fake doctrine.
Jesus says Do NOT worship me, you MUST worship only JEHOVAH your God.
Only JWs obey this instruction.
You can go ahead and DECEIVE yourself.
grin

Will Jesus too receive sacred service?

Then Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah* your God you must worship,+ and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

And there will no longer be any curse. But the throne of God and of the Lamb+ will be in the city, and his slaves will offer him sacred service

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:42pm On Sep 01, 2021
Thanks OP, an APOSTATE in the House! smiley
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by achorladey: 7:44pm On Sep 01, 2021
DappaD:

When we go out to preach, we often encounter LDS and SDA members who are afraid to speak to us. Why do you think that’s the case? They aren’t skilled enough to use the Bible like the Witnesses(Ephesians 6:17) so they know if we engage in discussions with them, they’ll see errors in their doctrines and they also know that hundreds of persons from Mormons and SDA became Witnesses yearly but it can never happen that a baptized JW turns around and becomes a member of their religion..Dap

When you see those your religious leaders call apostates you either drive them away from your house or call whatever they bring poison and eating from rubbish dump. grin

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by achorladey: 7:56pm On Sep 01, 2021
DappaD:

At the very least a former JW will remain irreligious because he knows there’s no truth anywhere else other than amongst Jehovah’s Witnesses..... Dappa

Irreligious based on what your religious leaders define what been religious mean abi or apostates grin grin Colouring matters to give glory to the religious organisation you belong. When you are given materials to read your religious leaders will call it poisons or Wormwood like you call it how will you know whether they are religious or not.

not people who merely claim to follow Jesus. Luke 6:46...... Dappa

Even in your religious organisation and congregation you belong their are those who claim to merely follow Jehovah. grin grin they are the ones you see as hypocrites and look with suspicion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

Cross River Government Bans Religious Gathering Of More Than 5 People / Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? / Apostle Suleman: INEC Doesn't Count Prayer Point But Votes - (photos,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.