Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,851 members, 7,851,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:56 AM

FLASHBACK! When Nigeria Was One, No Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Christians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FLASHBACK! When Nigeria Was One, No Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Christians (2280 Views)

Throwback Picture Of Peter Obi When Nigeria Won The Nation Cup In 2013 / Top Ten Things That Will Happen When Nigeria Is Restructured / To My Fellow Yoruba Brothers & Sisters, Are There No Fulanis In Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FLASHBACK! When Nigeria Was One, No Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Christians by SojWORLDWIDE(m): 11:50pm On Aug 29, 2021
The video you are about to watch was the 12th Edition of the African Cup of Nations' finals between Nigeria and Algeria at the National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos in 1980.
Final score was Nigeria 3, Algeria 0

READ ALSO:  Gunmen kill Senator NaAllah;s first son (Captain), two others in Kaduna

There was no political assassinations, there was no issues of rating the cows above humans.  We lived together in love,the Hausas, the Fulanis, the Igbos, the Yorubas.
Christians were always happy when Ileya Festival was around the corner likewise the Muslims looking forward to celebrating the Xmas with the Christians.

READ ALSO:  https://www.sojworldnews.com/inside-life-daughter-gives-birth-to-biological-father/

All the unity, love and togetherness we shared then have gone into Oblivion, what we have instead are wanton slaughterings of ourselves like never the way we slaughtered chickens or cows.
The leaderships are in disarray, they lack focus, no specific agenda, no blueprint whatsoever.
Anything goes in our political space, no respect, no honour.

READ ALSO:  https://www.sojworldnews.com/police-reacts-to-the-news-of-230-igbos-killed-in-jos/

We treat ourselves worse than how we treat our pets at home.
Then, we had two major political parties, the UPN and NPN with proven ideological directions but what we called political parties today are devoid of any ideology.
It is all about 'trials and errors'.
I watched this finals sent by a friend, Dele Ibiikunle on Facebook and I wept and I wondered if it is same Nigeria we are in today.

READ ALSO:  https://www.sojworldnews.com/ortom-interview-with-channels-soyinka-blasts-nbc-over-query-of-channels-tv-presenters-for-the-records/

We are in precarious and pathetic situations that only 'we can stop the mindless killings'. God has left us to our own wisdom.
We see things in different perspectives, we refused to reconcile our differences because of our greed and selfishness.
Watch the likes of star Footballers in those days like, Emmanuel Okala, Best Ogedegbe, Kadiri Ikana, Muda Lawal, Christian Chukwu, Segun Odegbami, Adokie Amaesiamaka, Alloysius Atuegbu, Felix Owolabi, Usima and a host of others, they played as a team in oneness, unity and love. They succeeded.

READ ALSO:  https://www.sojworldnews.com/its-evil-pure-and-simple-by-femi-adesina-femi-laments-at-how-critics-do-not-see-anything-good-in-buhari-govt-a-must-read/

WATCH THE CLIP COURTESY DELE IBIIKUNLE>>>
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158223307874135&id=547314134
President Shehu Shagari decorating the Gold Medalists (Super Eagles) at the National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos
President Shehu Shagari decorating the Gold Medalists (Super Eagles) at the National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos
Eagles celebrating the third goal scored by the star of the match, Segun Odegbami

CLICK FOR MORE>>>https://www.sojworldnews.com/flashback-when-nigeria-was-one-no-fulanis-yorubas-igbos-hausas-christians-or-muslims-watch-videophotos-when-we-were-one-with-love/

Join SOJ WORLDWIDE ONLINE NEWS anywhere you are across the globe on WHATSAPP BROADCAST LIST for our latest news updates with this number: 09069473894.
Engage us to create awareness and publicity and also to promote your products and services including your political aspirations no matter your political affiliations at minimal charges.
We have our presence in Opera.com, Nairaland, Phoenix Browser and we are Google approved.
READ ALSO:  I won’t be making a mistake if I say after God, it’s Otedola in my life,” – Former Green Eagles, Christian Chukwu

SOJ WORLDWIDE...ONLINE NEWS with a difference.

1 Share

Re: FLASHBACK! When Nigeria Was One, No Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Christians by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:52pm On Aug 29, 2021
Nigeria were never one from day one, WE ARE JUST PEOPLE FORCING OURSELVES ON EACH OTHER.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FLASHBACK! When Nigeria Was One, No Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Christians by allcomage: 11:53pm On Aug 29, 2021
Buhari has changed everything for the worst with his cow centered economic principles and policies .

1 Like

Re: FLASHBACK! When Nigeria Was One, No Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Christians by BigRocky: 12:00am On Aug 30, 2021
Nigeria has passed.

We are now living in cowgeria..

Headed by cowhari and miyetti Allah.

1 Like

Re: FLASHBACK! When Nigeria Was One, No Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Christians by habsydiamond(m): 12:03am On Aug 30, 2021
A yoruba adage states that, a house will be peaceful simply because the bastard child in the house is still very young to cause trouble... Statistically, if we look at what the op said.. The last time Nigeria enjoy security, education, infrastructure, partial good governance was in those days... Good governance ended during the period of fela and Co that were arrested and jailed because speaking out were no longer free. Then comes education began to deteriorate.. Government sponsored some people abroad to study.. Nowadays the government can not afford to pay full salary to workers again.. Then as we were told.. Secondary school graduates usually get good jobs... Unlike now degree graduate can only get npower job for 2years.. Infrastructure.. Cocoa house then but now no good roads, no good accommodations for students in universities and colleges, electricity zero, strike actions from no payments of salaries.. Which brings me to this question... Where are we going Which direction Is it forward, backwards or we are stagnant like a spoilt car I rest my case

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FLASHBACK! When Nigeria Was One, No Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Christians by Fortune118005(m): 12:53am On Aug 30, 2021
The Will of The Almighty shall come to pass in this nation in the mighty name of JESUS CHRIST
Re: FLASHBACK! When Nigeria Was One, No Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Christians by leofab(f): 1:10am On Aug 30, 2021
Good old days
Re: FLASHBACK! When Nigeria Was One, No Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Christians by 10mobile: 2:40am On Aug 30, 2021
With this kind short boxers wey dem use play ball in 1980s, how dem take manage their blokos without tight? cool
Re: FLASHBACK! When Nigeria Was One, No Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Christians by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:56am On Aug 30, 2021
Isn't it funny this is just a few years before the Muhammad Buhari coup of 1983?
Almost everything died with Buhari, the military started dehumanizing citizens, the beginning of state sponsored terrorism, the destruction of the economy and so on!
That man is a plague, which is why people like Tinubu and Atiku must be punished for bringing the despot back!!

2 Likes

Re: FLASHBACK! When Nigeria Was One, No Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Christians by Leboska(m): 4:15am On Aug 30, 2021
I don't think so, we're only good in pretending then. I pray such day will come.

1 Like

Re: FLASHBACK! When Nigeria Was One, No Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Christians by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 6:03am On Aug 30, 2021
Yes, things were better because the authorities dealt very swiftly with ethnic upheavals and religious ones like the Maitatsine problem. Imagine if Maitatsine had happened in the last 10 or 20 years?
Re: FLASHBACK! When Nigeria Was One, No Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Christians by kindlyheart: 6:04am On Aug 30, 2021
Re: FLASHBACK! When Nigeria Was One, No Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Christians by WonderManly(m): 6:12am On Aug 30, 2021
Ehen! You no mean am ooooooooo....

Re: FLASHBACK! When Nigeria Was One, No Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Christians by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 30, 2021
Igbos only love one Nigeria when it suit them. While others are practicing one Nigeria in those time, Ibos were abusing the privilege in southwest and Midwest

1 Like

Re: FLASHBACK! When Nigeria Was One, No Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Christians by immortal2: 7:04am On Aug 30, 2021
Do not be deceived, Nigeria was never one from the beginning. After listening to the guys from NINAS, I was enlightened the more.

Watch the debate of 14 years old Boniface Offorkaja and his Nigerian counterpart from the North with other teenagers from other parts of the world.

You are a Kuffar that should be enslaved. While you are seeing a human being when you are talking with them, they are seeing you as an infidel who should be enslaved.

1 Like

Re: FLASHBACK! When Nigeria Was One, No Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Christians by Freelane33(m): 7:57am On Aug 30, 2021
And we can never be one . Make we divide , make everyone Dey go their ways
BeeBeeOoh:
Nigeria were never one from day one, WE ARE JUST PEOPLE FORCING OURSELVES ON EACH OTHER.

1 Like

Re: FLASHBACK! When Nigeria Was One, No Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Christians by loveth360(f): 8:07am On Aug 30, 2021
Nigeria have never be one and can never be.

1 Like

Re: FLASHBACK! When Nigeria Was One, No Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Christians by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:17am On Aug 30, 2021
Freelane33:
And we can never be one . Make we divide , make everyone Dey go their ways
I tells you bro, the division of Nigeria will save a lot of lives
Re: FLASHBACK! When Nigeria Was One, No Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Christians by paramakina202: 9:37am On Aug 30, 2021
Nigeria is the only country in this ruled by Cow Herders and the herders have ruined everything that bring us together as a people.
Re: FLASHBACK! When Nigeria Was One, No Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Christians by veli1(m): 10:09am On Aug 30, 2021
Naija was Neva one b4. we were just like ozo the simp and nengi. Fuckin northerners forcing themselves on other regions. cool
Re: FLASHBACK! When Nigeria Was One, No Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Christians by LionTiger(m): 11:00am On Aug 30, 2021
We all can't remain in family house forever, the population has increased immensely with directionless leaders at helms .
But most importantly, foreigners are tactically usurping bona fidel indigens.
Re: FLASHBACK! When Nigeria Was One, No Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Christians by BKayy: 11:03am On Aug 30, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
I never knew "Truth" can be written in three lines until I read this your comment

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

British Colonial Government Better Than Nigeria Indigenous Rule And Leadership / BREAKING: Queen Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni / Tinubu Is Suffering From Enuresis – Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.