Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,223 members, 7,860,422 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:49 AM

Buhari’s Govt Pays Ex-militants N2.63bn As Stipends In Two Months, Data Reveal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Govt Pays Ex-militants N2.63bn As Stipends In Two Months, Data Reveal (747 Views)

Buhari’s Government Pays Ex-Militants N2.63bn As Stipends In 2 Months - ICIR / APC Chieftain,Otita 1 Pays The Elderly Monthly Stipends In Bayelsa / 2019: Ex-militants Vow To Ensure Pmb’s Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Govt Pays Ex-militants N2.63bn As Stipends In Two Months, Data Reveal by Shehuyinka: 11:44am On Sep 01, 2021
THE President Muhammadu Buhari’s government, through the Office of the Special Assistant to the President on Niger Delta Affairs, paid the sum of N2.63 billion to 10 different personal accounts between March and May 2021, daily payment data from the Open Treasury Portal (OTP) have revealed.
Data obtained from the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation through Govspend.ng reveal that the monies were stipends to delegates who were mostly ex-militants in the Niger Delta region.

Govspend.ng is a new visual platform launched by BudgIT to provide daily government spending in a simplified way.

According to data curated from the platform, N1.6 billion was paid in March, N452.2 million in April, and N574.8 million in May, of which most payments were described as ‘bulk payment of stipends to camp leaders…’ and ‘bulk payment of stipends to ex-agitators for the month…’

Names of individuals whose accounts were credited with these payments included: Awotongha Princewill B – N99 million, Cyril Harry- N79.2 million, Dasimaka Adokiye Sami- N914.9 million, Ebikabowei Victor Ben- N716.9 million, and Harry Tonye Ikemenjeme- N197.4 million.

Others were: Joseph Evah- N110.4 million, Odiki Jacob- N241.3 million, Reuben C. Wilson- N130.6 million, Sylvester A. Tambo- N10 million, and Torughedi Selky- N128.3 million.

To identify those behind the names listed, The ICIR searched each of the names on social media platforms. While it was difficult to connect some of the names on the list to the results on our query, some names appeared to be the real receivers of these monies.

READ MORE HERE: https://www.icirnigeria.org/buharis-govt-pays-ex-militants-n2-63-bn-as-stipends-in-two-months-data-reveal/

Re: Buhari’s Govt Pays Ex-militants N2.63bn As Stipends In Two Months, Data Reveal by TarOrfeeek: 11:48am On Sep 01, 2021
Look at how this barren Fulani goat is wasting the wealth of our country.

Instead of giving peanuts and bribe to Militants to prevent agitations.

Why don't you make the country a fair and just place where Merit and equality thrives.

No, this donkey will rather share bribes to a few people and watch the rest of us wallow in extreme poverty.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Govt Pays Ex-militants N2.63bn As Stipends In Two Months, Data Reveal by Validated: 11:50am On Sep 01, 2021
Hmmm! This to ensure that those boys do not seek self determination. This news will cause trouble now others will form camps to resume aggitation and be settled. Divide and rule is fulanis way to govern Niger Delta. I foresee another Saro Wiwa type of bloodshed in ND.
Re: Buhari’s Govt Pays Ex-militants N2.63bn As Stipends In Two Months, Data Reveal by CrownOfClay724: 12:01pm On Sep 01, 2021
Nigeria - a den of fraudsters
Re: Buhari’s Govt Pays Ex-militants N2.63bn As Stipends In Two Months, Data Reveal by Aboks(m): 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2021
This Fulani
Re: Buhari’s Govt Pays Ex-militants N2.63bn As Stipends In Two Months, Data Reveal by BigRocky: 12:33pm On Sep 01, 2021
Militant has collected money,tell me why they will not keep shut over PIB.
Re: Buhari’s Govt Pays Ex-militants N2.63bn As Stipends In Two Months, Data Reveal by SmartPolician: 1:33pm On Sep 01, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Look at how this barren Fulani goat is wasting the wealth of our country. Instead of giving peanuts and bribe to Militants to prevent agitations.

Why don't you make the country a fair and just place where Merit and equality thrives. No, this donkey will rather share bribes to a few people and watch the rest of us wallow in extreme poverty.

Have you ever lived in the South South region?
It's okay to hate Buhari, but we cannot always blame him for everything.

That man is not happy paying that money, but those ex-militants are grabbing him by the blokos. He doesn't have a choice than pay them the monthly stipends.

To return a favour, I have had one approach me and ask me to give him my details so he can include my name in the amnesty payments - something I humbly turned down.

We must be smart and fair in our criticisms.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Govt Pays Ex-militants N2.63bn As Stipends In Two Months, Data Reveal by 1beat(m): 1:46pm On Sep 01, 2021
Speak with loud vice

Every arrangement of darkness programme by Fulanis over Nigeria

Scatter by fire �

Continue praying

We move
Re: Buhari’s Govt Pays Ex-militants N2.63bn As Stipends In Two Months, Data Reveal by Sirjamo: 2:59pm On Sep 01, 2021
Niger Delta masses are suffering, only few enjoy the multiple streams of income to the region.

NDDC

NIGER DELTA MINISTRY

AMNESTY PROGRAM

14% DERIVATION

3% OF OIL COMPANIES RUNNING COST (COMING SOON)

Yet, Niger Delta states have the highest unemployed youths in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari’s Govt Pays Ex-militants N2.63bn As Stipends In Two Months, Data Reveal by youneedjesus: 3:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
But there is no money to pay doctors.
Re: Buhari’s Govt Pays Ex-militants N2.63bn As Stipends In Two Months, Data Reveal by udele1: 3:25pm On Sep 01, 2021
And IPOPigs are shutting down and destroying igboland. Claiming Niger Delta is part of Biafra . grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

" I Am Sorry For Running Away" Ex Afghan President Begs His People / Photos From APGA Governorship Campaign Flag-off 2021 / Christmas In Ezike Oba, It Feel Like They Assassinated My Grandfather Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.