Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million (10290 Views)

National Assembly Severance Package To Gulp N2.8bn / I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari / More Street Killing Planned - FG Uncovers Plot To Derail Jonathan’s Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by ziccoit: 10:29am On May 23, 2011
Nigerians leaders are corrupt, praised by the people and worshiped by the religious leaders. IMAMS and PASTORS are the part of the rotten system. Mosques and Churches are built with the spoil of offices. Looters are called to be the chairmen of a supposed religious gathering. In fact, the politicians in Nigeria today are even more morally upright than the so called religious leaders.

Pick up your IMAM or PASTOR and examine him closely and you will see how much stinking he has gone. There is always this gullibility about people going about saying "don't speak ill" of "men of God".Who is really a man of God? In Nigeria today they are not up to 5% and none of these could be seen romancing with those ideeots we called our leaders. The politicians-the looters, know who praised them on lies and deceits. So, they know who they invite for such a parade of looters on looting.

If those IMAMS and PASTORS are really sincere let them reject the looters and tell them publicly they are threading the part to eternal perdition. When the shepherds are misdirecting the flocks; it is onus on the flocks to find their ways.

When the politics becomes hot you run to religion to seek refuge but this is a case where the religion is even hotter than the politics. Politics is directing the religion instead of the other way round. I will rather be my own IMAM or PASTOR rather than keeping up with the lunatics.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Nobody: 10:42am On May 23, 2011
3 million naira for flowers? what type of flowers are those?
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by brainpulse: 10:43am On May 23, 2011
Is it a must we must perform inauguration to impress the world when millions are on empty stomach, why cant he swear the oat and go to the business of restricting Nigeria when he can spend the money on saving the lives of countless Nigerians( his brothers and sisters) on heart, liver and kidney transplant. Nigerians has pressing issues, and challenges that can help them with that whooping sum of money. He is a disappointment to those that voted for him and still gnashing there teeth in poverty.
i am disappointed
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by reindeer: 10:44am On May 23, 2011
There is only one person to blame, the retard who will accept such wastage for his inauguration.
There can be no defence for such useless waste in austere times.
If this is how things will run for the next 4 years
I really feel sorry for Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by omo9ja1(m): 10:47am On May 23, 2011
I don't believe this story but if that was true then its business as usual smiley
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by brainpulse: 10:55am On May 23, 2011
Nairalanders pls is it Constitutional to Invite guess all over the world for inaugurating?
Pls enlighten me here.
Is it also constitutional to perform Inauguration or just swear and oat and go back to Business?
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by otokx(m): 10:56am On May 23, 2011
Welcome to Nigeria - a land flowing with milk and honey
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Rhino5dm: 11:00am On May 23, 2011
What is so annoying is that this idio*t is handing over to HIMSELF!
Shame on YOU drunken fisherman!

This guy will go dowm history line as the MOST corrupt president Nigeria will ever produce.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by enyojo(f): 11:19am On May 23, 2011
[size=30pt]WELCOME TO FRESH AIR 2011!
THANKS FOR VOTING US INTO POWER, EXPECT MORE! THANKS[/size]

THE YOUNGMAN WHO USES 'BEAF' AS ID IS CONSPICOUSLY MISSING ON THIS THREAD grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by xwolverine: 11:24am On May 23, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Wtf! Do you really have shame at all? This is ridiculous and hilarious!

What are you trying hard to explain?

After a failed attempt to transfer the blame to the church. You came in with another ramble thinking you are dealing with your IQ mates.

Just give it up cos you are sounding so pathetic, plain dumb and silly. Am done replying to this mooron.  

I'm trying so hard to get the st.U.pi.d point you are trying to make? U are neither here nor there U just insult people without making valid points. If you don have anyrthing meaningful to say, is it compulsory that U shld comment?

Its either you are slow to learn or you don't understand simple english, either ways, seems U lack the basic skills to understand a simple argument.I thought U had common sense and could reason like an adult, but I just realised that you are a f.oolish Id.iot. Another lost generation SMH.

There was no where in my post where I supported GEJ, my point is its the system that needs to change even if U bring in a barack obama into this system, it won't change a thing. The change needs to start from the individual to the churches, then we can talk about changing the govt.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Koolking(m): 11:45am On May 23, 2011
it is only revolution that will change this country. same same attitudes have been laid down from generation to generation. it is only a bloody revolution that will change the country
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by ideylaff: 11:57am On May 23, 2011
There is no kind of argument or comparison with any country that can be used to back this or justify this.

Don't even go down the USA route,  angry

Anyone who sees nothing wrong is this is obviously Blind in The Mind and will forever live in the dark

Might not affect us now, but we are surely mortgaging our kids and yet unborn kids future if we turn a blind eye to this.

The little left of what we have now was what The Awolowos, Zik, Ikoku laid as foundations.

These new crop are not even doing zilch not to talk of leaving a legacy behind.

GOD help us all.

NB: Ohh really so US spends so much on Defence, why don't we as well then if you think of backing this funds spend
This is a stupendous, unreasonable lack of respect for peoples funds imo. May GOD judge them all
sad sad sad
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by friedrice1: 12:01pm On May 23, 2011
engineerd:

3 million naira for flowers? what type of flowers are those?
PDP flowers
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by ideylaff: 12:06pm On May 23, 2011
PDP flowers

you're so right oooo People Destroying People Flowers, Omasheooo

Conclusion: The people get the government they deserve,
sad sad sad
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by friedrice1: 12:08pm On May 23, 2011
the Generator uses Aviation Fuel and its supposed to run 35milllion naira worth Public address system.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by HamidO1(m): 12:12pm On May 23, 2011
Anyone that keeps variables constant and expect a different outcome should see a psychiatrist. I'm talking of all those guys shouting fresh air.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Rhino5dm: 12:13pm On May 23, 2011
Go bury your head in the gutter.
Pig from the anals of cesspit!

xwolverine:

I'm trying so hard to get the st.U.pi.d point you are trying to make? U are neither here nor there U just insult people without making valid points. If you don have anyrthing meaningful to say, is it compulsory that U shld comment?

Its either you are slow to learn or you don't understand simple english, either ways, seems U lack the basic skills to understand a simple argument.I thought U had common sense and could reason like an adult, but I just realised that you are a f.oolish Id.iot. Another lost generation SMH.

There was no where in my post where I supported GEJ, my point is its the system that needs to change even if U bring in a barack obama into this system, it won't change a thing. The change needs to start from the individual to the churches, then we can talk about changing the govt.  
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by HamidO1(m): 12:17pm On May 23, 2011
enyojo:

WELCOME TO [color=#006600]FRESH AIR 2011!
THANKS FOR VOTING US INTO POWER, EXPECT MORE! THANKS[/size]

THE YOUNGMAN WHO USES 'BEAF' AS ID IS CONSPICOUSLY MISSING ON THIS THREAD grin grin grin grin grin

Beaf(Director of e-campaign) is there breathing fresh air with his share of billions spent on campaigns.

This one is small, one party used more than INEC spent on conducting the elections on it's campaign. We deserve whatever we get at this point.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by JAZES(m): 12:22pm On May 23, 2011
I have always said that this Jonny man is same of the same.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by scopusng(m): 12:41pm On May 23, 2011
Corruption is a tradition in Naija.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Biscute(f): 1:18pm On May 23, 2011
N5m too small abeg he should increase it to N10m so that we shall be disappointed
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by adebio: 1:21pm On May 23, 2011
I will only implore fellow nairalanders not 2 hv heartache because of d bogus amt 2 b spent on inauguration. These ppl who find themselves in d corridor of power dont know d agony d citizens are facing. We are only criticising them because we know there is high level of poverty in d country, they are not feeling dis. Everytin is at their disposal, our resources can be used anyhow. The church, serving as refuge to the common man is also part of d mess. Only God can save us.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Akainzo(m): 1:33pm On May 23, 2011
xwolverine:

My guy, the ONLY individual saddled with the onus and power to chnage the system is the President, and that position happens to be occupied by GEJ. By trying to deflect the blame to the church, the system or the individual, you are indirectly supporting the wastage and thus justifying the spend. Like you kow, giving a microphone, the armed robber would justify his act.

And By The Way, in descending to start hauling insults all over the forum, you are gonna be in the same bracket as the person you're trying to castigate.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by dinoo: 1:35pm On May 23, 2011
visit www.360lifemate.com today and find love, health care, fashion, skin cares and so much more.

www.360lifemate.com a site to always visit for your regular healthy living.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by agabaI23(m): 1:39pm On May 23, 2011

I checked the Sahara reporters page for the first time to really see the content of the page.

I noticed that the person who pasted the break down from Njeze forgot to attach the first page of the letter of request.
The request was made to individuals not to  Goodluck. Honestly those figures are out of this world, overblown and unrealistic but they are soliciting for individual helps not from the federal government.

Goodluck to the minister, I know goodluck will not sanction such if it comes to his table.

My point is this still a request and I am sure Jonathan will do to it what he did to House budget.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 23, 2011
agabaI23:

I checked the Sahara reporters page for the first time to really see the content of the page.

I noticed that the person who pasted the break down from Njeze forgot to attach the first page of the letter of request.
The request was made to individuals not to  Goodluck. Honestly those figures are out of this world, overblown and unrealistic but they are soliciting for individual helps not from the federal government.

Goodluck to the minister, I know goodluck will not sanction such if it comes to his table.

My point is this still a request and I am sure Jonathan will do to it what he did to House budget.

bizarre

executive begging. it would seem the beggars fashola chased out of lagos have relocated to the gej administration.

and this is only the subcommittee on the church service

so that the national christian center be in befitting shape - who was maintaining it before?

is it the same dangote and co who are being ordered to crash price of cement who are being asked to donate their erm widows mite to the mind blowing inauguration of sir fresh air?
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Kx: 2:01pm On May 23, 2011
Why pay 1500,000 to fuel generators.
Cant he ORDER/DIRECT phcn to give the ceremony ground power for the occasion?
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 23, 2011
Biscute:

[b]N5m too small abeg he should increase it to N10m so that we shall be disappointed[/b]
Hilarious at bolded, then why is it an issue if its 5 million, chik read well, it is 5 billion, i mean "B" Billion, lol
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Kobojunkie: 2:06pm On May 23, 2011
agabaI23:

You know this how? Is this another case of "@agaba123 thinks it, so it must be true"?

Goodluck Jonathan's own record so far shows him a spendthrift president. In just one year in office, he has probably outspent his predecessors in ceremonial costs, and this is no secret. From his most recent electorial campaign, rice sharing projects, etc to the october 1st spendings, it is quite obvious this man probably has no plans to change anytime soon.

The man dey spend money, wey no be im own, welli-welli. Na so we go dey compare his spendings to that of America, not even next door Egypt or even Libya sef. ROFLMAO!!

Anyways, @Poster, I think the number is in the[b] millions[/b], not the billions.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by 1025: 2:09pm On May 23, 2011
Bush inauguration in 2005 $150 million
Obama's  $170 million (N25 billion)

We like comparing ourselves to the US so lets compare this.

What you should be worried about is the utilization. Most of it will go to security I guess.
The population of US is 307 million, Nigeria is about half of that.

That amount is 1/5th of that of the US 3 years ago.
What is the problem with that?

@agaba123,
may God bless u with all the sufferings and poverty of the poor masses of nigeria. i wonder where most of us reason from. why are u comparing nigeria with america when it comes to spending wastefully and become deaf and dumb when we talk developments. shame to u.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by HamidO1(m): 2:19pm On May 23, 2011
I refuse to be disappointed, we deserve whatever is thrown at us at this point. For you to think a man can be detached from a devilish party like the PDP just because he's named Goodluck is unbelievable. Let's all continue breathing the fresh air.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by forkadict(m): 2:20pm On May 23, 2011
Make i no talk anytin for this thread abeg. Because if i wan talk, na so i go dey curse many many people papa, mama, children and grand children. make i just generally waka.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Booster Dose Of COVID Vaccine / Tinubu Appeals To States To Implement Wage Award For Workers / 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.