Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,812 members, 7,827,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel (18170 Views)

PTI Final Year Student Electrocuted While Installing Solar Panels / Ogunleye Gbenga Moses, Ondo University Graduate Found Dead In Hostel / 3 Students Of Ojukwu University Found Dead In Hostel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 2:16pm On Sep 02, 2021
Update From . COM

A 24-year-old HND 1 Laboratory Science and Technology Student of the Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi, Khalid Kabir Argungu, was electrocuted in his hostel room while cooking, Reports.

From The Information Gathered By , The incident happened on Tuesday evening, August 31, when the student allegedly made contact with a naked wire while operating an electric stove.

Speaking to newsmen in his office on Wednesday, Rector of the Polytechnic, Arch. Muhammad Sani Aliyu, explained that the student was rushed to the institution's clinic but when the doctors and nurses realised that his condition was serious, they quickly took him to Sir Yahyah Memorial General Hospital in the metropolis where he was confirmed dead.

"We have set up a committee to investigate and unravel the circumstances surrounding the death of the student. And by the time the committee completes its investigation, we shall know what to do to stop the reoccurrences of such incident through their recommendations,” he said.

He, however, dismissed the insinuation that the management had closed the school, adding that students sharing the hostel with the deceased merely vacated the hostel as part of respect for their late colleague.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=558421195397896&id=100036900605811

Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by endsarrrs(f): 2:17pm On Sep 02, 2021
sad RIP TO THE DEAD.
angry

4 Likes

Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by Totilopussylick(m): 2:17pm On Sep 02, 2021
Terrorist

Boko Haram

Bandits

Unknown Gunmen

Herdmen

Esn

Kidnappers

Internet fraudsters

Ritualists

One-Chance robbers

Armed Robbers

Drug pushers

And now student is electricuted

All inside naija!

how did we get here

4 Likes

Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 2:27pm On Sep 02, 2021
See More Photos Via www.. com
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 2:33pm On Sep 02, 2021
See More Photos As Obtained By Below:

Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by kereman1: 2:47pm On Sep 02, 2021
Hausa and big cloth be like ashawo with flat slippers.

Inseparable.

6 Likes

Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by DoggoneDogg: 2:49pm On Sep 02, 2021
NaijaCoverBlog:

made contact with a naked wire while operating an electric stove.

I knew it!!
These people ehn angry

1 Like

Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by DoctorDree(m): 3:18pm On Sep 02, 2021
Bad news......A lot more needs to be done to keep everyone safe
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by gpercuxionz(m): 3:28pm On Sep 02, 2021
How/where you dey take get all this bad news from self

4 Likes

Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by BornorBang: 3:52pm On Sep 02, 2021
Stay tuned to [b][/b] for more educational stories on Campuses in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by ObaElegushi9(m): 4:29pm On Sep 02, 2021
Eya.

Reach out to Use for your Business Name and Company Registration at Reduced Price
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by Jaweego(m): 4:29pm On Sep 02, 2021
Too many students are dying these days
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by zlantanfan: 4:30pm On Sep 02, 2021
Lol

Are you sure this is the complete news

Aboki fit don dey do lab experiment as "lab scientist"

1 Like

Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by englishmart(m): 4:30pm On Sep 02, 2021
zlantanfan:
Lol
At first I thought you're being unreasonable, but I guess you're just booking space

2 Likes

Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by Hier(m): 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2021
RIP
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by Chijeep(m): 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2021
When I 1st saw the picture I taught it was Buhari's son that just wedded of recent.

well, if no be him he go soon be them one after the other because as them they take hardship shock Nigerians naso God too go dey tak hard death shock them
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 02, 2021
Let me guess

The guy was using an electric stove, and didn't fix the plug when it came off, but kept on using the naked wire...till he got electrocuted by connecting the naked wires to the socket.

That's why they say...NEVER USE AN ELECTRICAL APPLIANCE WITH NAKED WIRES. Just taking the thing to an electrician, or even fixing it himself would have saved a lot of stories that touch.
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by GboyegaD(m): 4:32pm On Sep 02, 2021
I guess our builders and property owners need pay more attention to materials used for building.
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by money121(m): 4:32pm On Sep 02, 2021
Ok
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by ipobarethieves: 4:32pm On Sep 02, 2021
sad
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by Gosj001: 4:33pm On Sep 02, 2021
Chai, RIP

My signature
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by Ask4bigneyo(m): 4:33pm On Sep 02, 2021
Not again
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by Darkseid(m): 4:33pm On Sep 02, 2021
I remember the day my life flashed before my eyes because of electric cooker. The shock was so bad that I couldn't move my left hand for a long time; na by God's grace I still dey alive today.

1 Like

Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by Emu4life(m): 4:34pm On Sep 02, 2021
RIP
zlantanfan:
Lol

Are you sure this is the complete news

Aboki fit don dey do lab experiment as "lab scientist"
This is stale, not funny at all
endsarrrs:
sad RIP TO THE DEAD.

BTW, SOMETHING TELLS ME I AM GOING TO TEAR MALLAM GARBA SHEHU CONFIRM SLAP BEFORE 2023 angry
You will definitely be booking a dinner date with the Onikuje I of Kuje prison.
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by Mikelarteta(m): 4:34pm On Sep 02, 2021
May his soul RIP. Too many things Dey kill people for Nigeria.
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by Sparklinglyte(m): 4:35pm On Sep 02, 2021
Person com say make e go school again na bad thing
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by strangest(m): 4:35pm On Sep 02, 2021
This one will be searching on Facebook for keywords related to death

2 Likes

Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by Hier(m): 4:35pm On Sep 02, 2021
endsarrrs:
sad RIP TO THE DEAD.

BTW, SOMETHING TELLS ME I AM GOING TO TEAR MALLAM GARBA SHEHU CONFIRM SLAP BEFORE 2023 angry

Make I dress back small, before you coba mi lol
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by Originalsly: 4:35pm On Sep 02, 2021
Hmmm.... students staying in a hostel do so because they have no other accommodation in the area. These vacated the bistel out if respect for the dead?... then were did they go?
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by olu77(m): 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2021
's motto must be something like:

"At , your bad news is our business"

Rest in peace to the young dead. May God comfort your friends and loved ones

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNILAG Thrown Into Darkness Over ₦200 Million Electricity Debt / ASUU Talks Tough Ahead Of Friday Meeting With INEC / NECO Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards, Announces New System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.