Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,033 members, 7,845,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel (18182 Views)

PTI Final Year Student Electrocuted While Installing Solar Panels / Ogunleye Gbenga Moses, Ondo University Graduate Found Dead In Hostel / 3 Students Of Ojukwu University Found Dead In Hostel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by candidbabe(f): 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2021
Reading
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2021
I don't under why Nigeria media likes to only share bad news!
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by KingDash: 4:40pm On Sep 02, 2021
kereman1:
Hausa and big cloth be like ashawo with flat slippers.

Inseparable.
person die you dey insult him cloth
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by Bigboy289(m): 4:42pm On Sep 02, 2021
NaijaCoverBlog:
Update From . COM

A 24-year-old HND 1 Laboratory Science and Technology Student of the Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi, Khalid Kabir Argungu, was electrocuted in his hostel room while cooking, Reports.

From The Information Gathered By , The incident happened on Tuesday evening, August 31, when the student allegedly made contact with a naked wire while operating an electric stove.

Speaking to newsmen in his office on Wednesday, Rector of the Polytechnic, Arch. Muhammad Sani Aliyu, explained that the student was rushed to the institution's clinic but when the doctors and nurses realised that his condition was serious, they quickly took him to Sir Yahyah Memorial General Hospital in the metropolis where he was confirmed dead.

"We have set up a committee to investigate and unravel the circumstances surrounding the death of the student. And by the time the committee completes its investigation, we shall know what to do to stop the reoccurrences of such incident through their recommendations,” he said.

He, however, dismissed the insinuation that the management had closed the school, adding that students sharing the hostel with the deceased merely vacated the hostel as part of respect for their late colleague.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=558421195397896&id=100036900605811
You and bad news are like 5 & 6 angry

1 Like

Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by Enyimbamercedes: 4:46pm On Sep 02, 2021
Should an electric shock kill? Perhaps first aid could have saved him.

The shock would have mostly stopped his heart and CPR may have saved him.
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by EmeraldHash(m): 5:05pm On Sep 02, 2021
RIP to the deceased.
This could have been me, yesterday night as I was trying to connect my hot plate to a naked wire in order to cook beans by 1am, the mere taught of what if this things shock me now?
I will just die and when people did not see me in the morning, they will come to my room and meet my dead corpse.
Chai poverty is a bastard
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by symbianDON(m): 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2021
Modrov:
Let me guess

The guy was using an electric stove, and didn't fix the plug when it came off, but kept on using the naked wire...till he got electrocuted by connecting the naked wires to the socket.

That's why they say...NEVER USE AN ELECTRICAL APPLIANCE WITH NAKED WIRES. Just taking the thing to an electrician, or even fixing it himself would have saved a lot of stories that touch.
not really....I guess the scenario was this: the hostel socket had long melted owing to consistent and long-term usage of electric cookers (hostel sockets aren't meant to carry such heavy loads) but the deceased and roommates kept using the naked socket wires by hanging the electric cooker's plug on them. In an attempt to hang the plug this time, the deceased inadvertently made contact with the live wires....booooooom! He was electrocuted!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by endsarrrs(f): 5:32pm On Sep 02, 2021
Modrov apost=105423366:
Let me guess

The guy was using an electric stove, and didn't fix the plug when it came off, but kept on using the naked wire...till he got electrocuted by connecting the naked wires to the socket.

That's why they say...NEVER USE AN ELECTRICAL APPLIANCE WITH NAKED WIRES. Just taking the thing to an electrician, or even fixing it himself would have saved a lot of stories that touch.
Let me guess

The electric stove is one of those your igbo/yoruba brothers always assemble from scrap unseviceable part bought from aboki that picks scraps from waste points sad
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by Lovenorth: 5:34pm On Sep 02, 2021
kereman1:

Inseparable.
Why are you ipob patronizing ashawo?
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by ubee(m): 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2021
My guy most of us have our own horrible shock experience.
The one that comes to my mind happened in my sec skool back in school.
I was just sitting in one of our labs and got a horrible shock on my knee inside one of the lab cabinet's. This shock was so bad it drew a little blood, leaving a visible wound. Years later when i think about it i get so angry why a school authority is so careless to have an exposed socket uncovered in the lab.
Darkseid:
I remember the day my life flashed before my eyes because of electric cooker. The shock was so bad that I couldn't move my left hand for a long time; na by God's grace I still dey alive today.
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by Dahustler007(m): 5:46pm On Sep 02, 2021
So Sad!! Rest In Paradise Brother!!
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by Barbsamiin: 6:55pm On Sep 02, 2021
kereman1:

Inseparable.
Some folks have lost their culture and borrow one from west.
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by Drizzy5001(m): 6:55pm On Sep 02, 2021
Emu4life:
RIPThis is stale, not funny at allYou will definitely be booking a dinner date with the Onikuje I of Kuje prison.
grin grin
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by Drizzy5001(m): 7:01pm On Sep 02, 2021
I remember those days in Mautech, (Abuja hostel) , come see how guys dey mean dey use electric cooler dey cook food, who Wan spend money dey buy gas every time, and the electric cooker go dey spark yet we go still Dey use am, I thank God for life o. RIP
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by Eagle360(m): 7:16pm On Sep 02, 2021
Thank God for my life, we do crazy stuff during my days in hostel especially with electric cooker. Whenever I was cooking and it went off, without allowing it to cooled, I repair and cooking continue.
So unfortunate to the family of the dead. Rip
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by gulfer: 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2021
May his soul R I P, I remember our days in our off campus hostel, we used to climb the pole to change lines...... We were so oblivious of the risk and at times did this with just a boxer shorts on without any PPE. Some of the hostels need total overhaul to forestall such in the future.... R I P once again angry angry angry
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by CountLaka(m): 8:09pm On Sep 02, 2021
Inna lillahi wa inna illaihim rajiun

NaijaCoverBlog:
Update From . COM

A 24-year-old HND 1 Laboratory Science and Technology Student of the Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi, Khalid Kabir Argungu, was electrocuted in his hostel room while cooking, Reports.

From The Information Gathered By , The incident happened on Tuesday evening, August 31, when the student allegedly made contact with a naked wire while operating an electric stove.

Speaking to newsmen in his office on Wednesday, Rector of the Polytechnic, Arch. Muhammad Sani Aliyu, explained that the student was rushed to the institution's clinic but when the doctors and nurses realised that his condition was serious, they quickly took him to Sir Yahyah Memorial General Hospital in the metropolis where he was confirmed dead.

"We have set up a committee to investigate and unravel the circumstances surrounding the death of the student. And by the time the committee completes its investigation, we shall know what to do to stop the reoccurrences of such incident through their recommendations,” he said.

He, however, dismissed the insinuation that the management had closed the school, adding that students sharing the hostel with the deceased merely vacated the hostel as part of respect for their late colleague.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=558421195397896&id=100036900605811
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by bizzibodi(m): 8:49pm On Sep 02, 2021
Na herdsmen pikin electric dispatch like this...this sad! cry cry cry
Re: 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel by mirexxx(f): 10:08pm On Sep 02, 2021
I've heard a lot over the years of the male hostel electrification causing trouble but never knew it'll lead to this. Engineering students always fixing one thing or the other by themselves there. Negligence is the problem of that school. So sad. RIP

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bawa To Students: No Shortcut To Wealth, EFCC Will Catch You / Making Money Tips As A Student In Campus.. / ASUU Talks Tough Ahead Of Friday Meeting With INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.