Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,363 members, 7,860,994 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:34 PM

Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. (3886 Views)

Efootball 2022 Is A Disaster / Why Are Nairaland Mods Doing This? / Wireless Charging Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 04, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
companies have their bank details and email listed on their site but people still somehow chat with the wrong person and pay into fraudsters account. Think about it.

If a company puts their official bank account and an individual pays into someone else's account the fault and failure is on the individual and not the company.

If an escrow provides all his details and phone number a nairalander chooses to answer call from a different number and gets defrauded then the fault is not on the Escrow, the fault is on the individual.

But I'm afraid you're simply trying every possible way to find fault with my initiative.
Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 04, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
Full disclosure of their details online is not part of it bro. Its risky in this internet age. I will never support such.

How would you feel if EFCC and interpole came knocking at your door for a crime you know nothing about but all traces and fingers are pointing to you? Thats what identify theft can do to you.

Oga you still aren't facing reality. Except where international hackers and Italian and Russian mafias band together to steal an individuals identity nobody can pull off a full on identity theft without major loopholes that will easily exonerate an Escrow before DSS or interpol.

Whatsapp is a highly encrypted service and no one can highjack your Whatsapp or phone number or account number at the same time except they're highly trained international professionals working for CIA and FBI.

And no highly trained international professional will waste his time targeting an escrow that receives payment for Tecno and Infinix and Samsung phones.
Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by PrettyBunny(f): 11:18am On Sep 04, 2021
Mmadu2:

I raise this concern because of a few factors.

I strongly believe that what qualifies a person as Escrow shouldn't just be a blind blanket trust. It should be ability to easily identify and trace the Escrow in question should anything go wrong because nobody is an angel. Almost all highly respected and reputable people in Nigeria eventually caved in to sharp practices.

How can someone claim to be an escrow an yet hides his identity online and offline and can't be traced. I mean people are collectively going to commit millions in cash or gadgets to this individual.

Actually, I understand the sentiments on this post. But on the other hand, if you meet someone that more than 3 to 4 person have vowed for as an escrow, I don't think there would be a reason for complete doubt. Except of course, your trust issues are on a higher level. And if you have such, you should have no reason to use one. Go do your stuff yourself. An escrow is doing you a favour. You are neither paying him nor giving him anything for his services.

@Genius43 has been my friend for over a year on this Nairaland and guess what? We have never met. But I can trust him with a millionaire and not bother about what would happen to it. People vowed for him and I saw his decency myself.

Get a decent person and if you can't, then go do your stuff yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by Depressed101: 11:24am On Sep 04, 2021
Mmadu2:

I raise this concern because of a few factors.

I strongly believe that what qualifies a person as Escrow shouldn't just be a blind blanket trust. It should be ability to easily identify and trace the Escrow in question should anything go wrong because nobody is an angel. Almost all highly respected and reputable people in Nigeria eventually caved in to sharp practices.

How can someone claim to be an escrow an yet hides his identity online and offline and can't be traced. I mean people are collectively going to commit millions in cash or gadgets to this individual.
there are usually no need for posts like this,, there tend of honest escrows with known identities both here and offline, it's your duty to make sure you are dealing with the right escrow..
Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by Auskyd(m): 12:00pm On Sep 04, 2021
Mmadu2:

Nothing wrong with details on public forum for someone that wants to provide he's trustworthy. Details on public forum is the highest proof of honesty.

Billions of people have their details and background and entire families on Facebook and public social media even when they aren't trying to be honest.

All the celebrities and media personalities you read about online and offline have their entire details on public forum and nobody is dead.

Why are you people making an issue out of nothing.

Sharply post your full details here for us abeg.

Name.
Account number.
Driver's license.
BVN.
That number at the back of your voter's card.

Charity begins at home. Do this, and I'll believe everything you've said about asking escrows to put information online.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:20pm On Sep 04, 2021
Mmadu2:

I begin to question your intent and level of knowledge. Are you for fraud or against it, please tell us.

Billions of people have full disclosure on Facebook including their village address and all their parents and brothers and sisters and cousins. They aren't keeping money and gadgets for people and they aren't holding any positions of trust yet they have full disclosure.

Then someone that wants to receive lots of money from people and wants to stand in a high position of trust shouldn't have full disclosure.

That is the number one recipe for fraud. He goes broke one day and gathers enough money from people and disappear without any means to trace him.
I understand your innocent suggestion bro.

Those people on Facebook, do they post their valid IDs and Address? And are they transacting with lots of faceless people?

Do you even know there is something called kidnapping? Nairaland is filled with all kinds of people, some get mind and some are innocent just like you.

You are only being self centered. You dont really care about safety of these escrow guys.

Someone was shot just cos of 300k he withdraw from the bank. Imagine what can happen to an escrow guy that people know is escrowing like 2m and they know his house?

1 Like

Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 04, 2021
Auskyd:

Sharply post your full details here for us abeg.

Name.
Account number.
Driver's license.
BVN.
That number at the back of your voter's card.

Charity begins at home. Do this, and I'll believe everything you've said about asking escrows to put information online.

Cheers.

I will gladly post my details if I'm an escrow
Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:27pm On Sep 04, 2021
Mmadu2:

I will gladly post my details if I'm an escrow
What is stopping you from becoming an escrow too?

Go ahead n become an escrow and post all your details online bro.
Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 04, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
I understand your innocent suggestion bro.

Those people on Facebook, do they post their valid IDs and Address? And are they transacting with lots of faceless people?

Do you even know there is something called kidnapping? Nairaland is filled with all kinds of people, some get mind and some are innocent just like you.

You are only being self centered. You dont really care about safety of these escrow guys.

Someone was shot just cos of 300k he withdraw from the bank. Imagine what can happen to an escrow guy that people know is escrowing like 2m and they know his house?

You are being self centered because you don't care if people loose their money with a Faceless escrow.

I once worked in the bank and was in Forex division and handled millions in dollars and Naira weekly and nobody bothered me anyday.

There are bank managers and bank workers touching billions on regular basis and people know their route going to work and going home and nobody bothered them throughout their entire 50 plus years of working in the bank.

You simply have no point.

1 Like

Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 04, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
What is stopping you from becoming an escrow too?

Go ahead n become an escrow and post all your details online bro.

Your problem is that you're either an escrow that knows you can esploit this loophole I"m exposing one day or don't want me to stand in the way.

Anyone opposing me to the degree you have so far is an undercover hardened criminal
Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 04, 2021
Depressed101:
there are usually no need for posts like this,, there tend of honest escrows with known identities both here and offline, it's your duty to make sure you are dealing with the right escrow..

How do you know you're dealing with the right escrow without having his details.

Abeg I hate ignorance.
Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:36pm On Sep 04, 2021
Mmadu2:

You are being self centered because you don't care if people loose their money with a Faceless escrow.

I once worked in the bank and was in Forex division and handled millions in dollars and Naira weekly and nobody bothered me anyday.

There are bank managers and bank workers touching billions on regular basis and people know their route going to work and going home and nobody bothered them throughout their entire 50 plus years of working in the bank.

You simply have no point.
He is in the bank working. Let him post his address online and reveal his transaction and see what happens.

A usa musician has been singing and even driving to shopping mall and eatries, no one cares until he mistakenly reveal his address when showing off his heavy shopping spree. Guess what happened? He lost his life.

1 Like

Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by GenAbacha(m): 12:37pm On Sep 04, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
The point is, escrow dont force anyone. I personally dont and wont use the escrow here and no one cares. Thats the point.

These escrow are not forcing anyone. They are not Official escrow service and its silly to tell them to put their valid IDs on a public space for the world to see and use for crime if they want.

If you don't offer or use escrow services, why are now make silly noise up and down?
Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 04, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
He is in the bank working. Let him post his address online and reveal his transaction and see what happens.

A usa musician has been singing and even driving to shopping mall and eatries, no one care until he mistakenly reveal his lodge address when showing off his heavy shopping spree. Guess what happened? He lost his life.

I won't address you anymore, you have ulterior motives.
Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 04, 2021
GenAbacha:

If you don't offer or use escrow services, why are now make silly noise up and down?

Oga help me ask him. All the criminals on nairaland are unleashed and opposing me.
Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:45pm On Sep 04, 2021
Mmadu2:

Your problem is that you're either an escrow that knows you can esploit this loophole I"m exposing one day or don't want me to stand in the way.

Anyone opposing me to the degree you have so far is an undercover hardened criminal
Nobody is opposing you from being an escrow bro. Infact the best way to solve this issue is by you doing exactly what you said yourself. Lets use you as the lab rat so you'll understand better by learning from experience.

2 Likes

Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 04, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
Nobody is opposing you from being an escrow bro. Infact the best way to solve this issue is by you doing exactly what you said yourself. Lets use you as the lab rat so you'll understand better by learning from experience.

Empty blabbing will not stop me from exposing criminal loophole. Make e dey pain you
Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by Auskyd(m): 12:49pm On Sep 04, 2021
OgogoroFreak:

Exactly. Be the change you want in the system. Rise up, become an escrow, then post all your details here for us to fact check if you're legit or not.

If you also have nothing to hide, simply post your full name and valid ID. Let's know you aren't a faceless bot texting everyone on here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:49pm On Sep 04, 2021
Mmadu2:

I won't address you anymore, you have ulterior motives.
You are actually the suspicious one here. Looking for full details to go kidnap an Innocent man doing escrow. Stealing is not the way to go about it. Why not try "work"?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 04, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
You are actually the suspicious one here. Looking for full details to go kidnap an Innocent man doing escrow. Stealing is not the way to go about it. Why not try "work"?
Ole Oloriburuku. Make e dey pain you say I dey expose una way.

There's no stopping me no matter how much you cry.

1 Like

Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by SKhanmi: 1:08pm On Sep 04, 2021
Valid points except for that number 4. Those are sensitive documents. Anyone who posts those online is either ignorant or a fool, Identity theft is a real thing.

I understand your point of view, Yes we have reputable honest escrows on nl who haven't disappointed their clients yet but....like someone said...who knows...life happens, circumstances can make honest men turn to crime.....I've seen it happen.
Having a working system in place to forestall this kind of incident is what you implied One that can protect both parties & also hold them accountable if they default. A regulatory group. Some actually exist already but an officially recognized one is up to the mods & majority of nlanders support. In the meantime we work with the ones we have already, It's up to folks to make their own findings. Most nlanders are quite gullible.

By the way, did your post stem from recent events? Names & details will help in blacklisting those involved unless it's one old case I suspect you're inferring to.

2 Likes

Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by 1F30M4(f): 2:10pm On Sep 04, 2021
SKhanmi:
Valid points except for that number 4. Those are sensitive documents. Anyone who posts those online is either ignorant or a fool, Identity theft is a real thing.

I understand your point of view, Yes we have reputable honest escrows on nl who haven't disappointed their clients yet but....like someone said...who knows...life happens, circumstances can make honest men turn to crime.....I've seen it happen.
Having a working system in place to forestall this kind of incident is what you implied One that can protect both parties & also hold them accountable if they default. A regulatory group. Some actually exist already but an officially recognized one is up to the mods & majority of nlanders support. In the meantime we work with the ones we have already, It's up to folks to make their own findings. Most nlanders are quite gullible.

By the way, did your post stem from recent events? Names & details will help in blacklisting those involved unless it's one old case I suspect you're inferring to.

Well-said
Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by Benjaniblinks(m): 2:25pm On Sep 04, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
I told him already that the long arm of the law will soon strangle him.

Identity thief
Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by Auskyd(m): 2:27pm On Sep 04, 2021
Benjaniblinks:

I told him already that the long arm of the law will soon strangle him.

Identity thief

They are becoming smarter by the day lol
Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by Benjaniblinks(m): 2:38pm On Sep 04, 2021
Auskyd:

They are becoming smarter by the day lol
Iswear, with the way his likes go about cloning legit NL account is not enough he still have the gut to insist on them providing their personal details angry WTF?
Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by IVORY2009(m): 3:08pm On Sep 04, 2021
Mmadu2:
MODIFIED'

An honest escrow that has nothing to hide should:

1. have an active dedicated escrow thread on nairaland.

2. He should provide his full names and details on the thread.

3.He should provide a verifiable address.

4. He should also post a copy of his valid ID on the thread. Original Drivers License, National ID card and voters card are valid IDs. Work or business ID cards are not valid ID.

5. If he can't post his valid ID and details on the thread then he has to at least post it to any individual using his Escrow service.

6. He should charge the individuals money for the Escrow service to compensate for all the troubles.

I can do all of this, if my services is needed grin with a little token
Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by Starlogo: 4:33pm On Sep 04, 2021
The most honest and popular escrow that I had used and will use Over and over again is MrLobe
Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by RoyalBoutique(m): 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2021
First of all, this is a public forum, you cannot just upload your ID here for the world to see.

A lot of crimes can be committed using someone's ID.

If nairaland wants to create an official escrow service, that would be a welcome idea.

All IDs and documents would be vetted by Seun and a few supermods (not just any mod).

I believe if that happens, scam will be reduced here on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by Newboss(m): 7:08pm On Sep 04, 2021
Mmadu2:

Ogbeni, I'm not suggesting that Escrow is forcing anyone. I'll simply trying to block a major loophole in the Escrow services here that has led to some people loosing their money already and that will continue to enable such fraud in the future.

Since you aren't an escrow and neither use an escrow then this thread is not for you. Its for those that have been defrauded by so called Escrow's and those Escrow's that want to prove they're honest but don't know how.

If there are ills in our society it doesn't mean we can't help correct them because we haven't been affected though others are affected

You sound simple and naive. No be only ID card them go post. They go post their nude join

4 Likes

Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by Minjim: 8:10pm On Sep 04, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
Are you paying the escrow for the his service? He's doing you a favour - A begger has no choice. No one put a gun on your wide forehead to use the escrow service.

The Escrow want to buy out trust.

He/ She should be willing to go the mile
Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:12pm On Sep 04, 2021
Minjim:

The Escrow want to buy out trust.

He/ She should be willing to go the mile
anyone wanting to "buy out trust" would be looking for people to use their service.
Re: Gadget Purchase: Are Nairaland Escrow's A Disaster Waiting To Happen. by Minjim: 8:14pm On Sep 04, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
anyone wanting to "buy out trust" would be looking for people to use their service.

That's why I can't buy ANYTHING on NL except we are meeting physically.

I only trust Jumia for online deals

At least, I know where to get them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Generate Phone Numbers Of Port Harcourt Residents / Help Needed -receives Warning When Accessing Nairaland And Other App On My Phone / World’s Most Expensive Mobile Phone That Cost $250,000:pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.