Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,995 members, 7,859,566 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 02:55 PM

Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators (9695 Views)

Nigeria’s Electricity Deficit, World’s Largest -UK Envoy / We’re Not A Social Media Party, We Have 22 Million Voters - Labor Party / UK Agency Says Nigerians Respect Wealthy Prostitutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by ChijyWills(m): 11:18am On Sep 06, 2021
Ok
Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by samsard(m): 11:19am On Sep 06, 2021
temitope27:
what do u use 2 to 3 generators for? Do u own block industry
I don't know about the 'most houses' claim. But I know a lot of houses have at least two generators.
Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by temitope27(m): 11:26am On Sep 06, 2021
samsard:
I don't know about the 'most houses' claim. But I know a lot of houses have at least two generators.
yes there is, but nt most
Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by zanshi: 11:54am On Sep 06, 2021
Guys, do you know how dangerous it is to our enviroment?

22m generators puffing C02 on a daily and we haven't even talked about cars.
Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by frog12: 11:59am On Sep 06, 2021
pooisonous fumes from 22 millions generators !!

1 Like

Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by wallstreetnews: 12:08pm On Sep 06, 2021
Wizkid and Justin bieber on stage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi8MhDFyRuM

1 Like

Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by caprini1: 12:11pm On Sep 06, 2021
temitope27:
1500 consumes less fuel ,for sleeping at night till day break,3700 carries the fridge and freezers and the 7000 carries at least two AC,s plus fridge and freezers.....hope you now understand? All depends on the quantity of fuel and the most important need at that moment.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by hardon1(m): 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2021
E pass abeg. Some homes have up to 3 generators
Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by khalids: 12:22pm On Sep 06, 2021
And these generators are also imported....So imagine the impact of all the forex spent in importing them.
A lot of the problems we are facing is just due to bad leadership.

Leaders that lack foresight, will, greedy leaders, leaders with no integrity or backbone.
Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by Nobelwinner: 12:33pm On Sep 06, 2021
Since when did our numeracy skills become so good?
Abeg, make it a figure nearer 50,000,000

KRSWon:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/electricity-deficit-nigerians-using-22m-generators-seplat/
Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by luluman: 12:55pm On Sep 06, 2021
Fahdiga:
But this devilish regime told us during campaign that having a steady power supply is not a rocket science
No mind them, now it has turn to submarine engineering.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by AuroraB(f): 1:03pm On Sep 06, 2021
Same Nigerians are on the other thread, claiming 'constant light'
Una go dey alright las las undecided

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 06, 2021
Lies Lagos Alone dey use pass 22million gens

1 Like

Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by helicoptarr: 1:38pm On Sep 06, 2021
Common, it's way more than that ma:

Shops

Companies including NEPA offices

Governments:
Ministeries
Departments
Agencies

Families

Singles

Mamy of thes entities have more than one generator.

Oya go recalculate am!

Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 06, 2021
Generator fumes is poison.

Some people are allergic to it.

Do you know it causes migraine and general body weakness ??

Unless a generator is located in a generator house, 50 to 100 feet from your house, it's dangerous.

It shouldn't be a consideration for household power generation.
Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2021
Flyingngel:
It is more than that. My anger is that people that do not even have the smallest generator will be call out of this houses and small business centers to come and cheer Buhari and any of the Ministers when they paid a visit to any where.

I reluctantly wanted to fuel my gen recently as I don park am since.

I said highest N2k for 10litres of fuel. I just checked the oil tank, dry okay, I asked for 1 litre engine oil, dem say nah N2,000.

Chai this APC era no be here. So N2k budget turned to N4,000.

Nawa o. I'm sure zombies are getting them cheaper.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2021
zanshi:
Guys, do you know how dangerous it is to our enviroment?

22m generators puffing C02 on a daily and we haven't even talked about cars.

CO2 is not the problem. Trees will convert it back to oxygen.

The poisonous CO gotten from incomplete combustion is whee the problem really is. As most people live in small spaces and still use these generators.
Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by Reference(m): 3:40pm On Sep 06, 2021
This is what I keep on saying. Private capacity far, far outstrips what organised industry and government provides.

This is where the process of reforms towards stable national power supply should have started by a serious, wise and competent government to totally liberalise the industry/market by:

Organising the grid around capacity clusters and give then licenses to generate and distribute locally at micro to medium scale.

Encourage the trade in of older, polluting equipment for better, greener alternatives while establishing cooperatives to upscale equipment.

Once these small power clusters have become stable and proven to be profitable they can then be bought over by the large regional players on the carrot attraction of economies of scale and potential lower tariffs.

So that the big energy companies will be inheriting proper, functional and profitable structures and this will help the system work well from the get go.

Why the GSM network was speedily successful is because while the GSM companies owned the networks, individuals owned the phones. If they had to provide both, it will have been much more complicated and a lot less successful.

For power to succeed government needs to create a system by which caoacity is met in the middle so both the provider and the consumer invest.
Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by Blackdisciple(m): 3:42pm On Sep 06, 2021
EcomPlus:
The painful thing is that, come 2023 politicians will still use this electricity of a thing to campaign.

And the sad thing is that, come 2023 mumucious Nigerians will still believe & vote for them.

Chai..

And Nigerias will still fall to the lies again as long as the politicians parkage a cup of garri, sugar, kulikuli and one derica of rice they will vote them in again
Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by Yellowtree: 3:53pm On Sep 06, 2021
It's more than that
Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by caandi: 3:53pm On Sep 06, 2021
Are they trying to say out of population of 200m just 20m is using gen? That’s 10%of d population. Who did the counting? This is a wrong statistics. It should be more than that
Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by Splitmind: 4:19pm On Sep 06, 2021
I don't believe this false report. Nobody in my area uses generators and we have constant light. Ignore this fake news please.
Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by themanderon: 4:25pm On Sep 06, 2021
Yet the country supplies power to neighbouring African countries and they even talk about excess power yet the nation has been plagued with darkness for ages now. Nobody except of cause the thieving elites knows what is happening in that sector.
Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by Gfskw: 5:11pm On Sep 06, 2021
And so
Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by Cromagnon: 5:12pm On Sep 06, 2021
Flyingngel:
It is more than that. My anger is that people that do not even have the smallest generator will be call out of this houses and small business centers to come and cheer Buhari and any of the Ministers when they paid a visit to any where.
is it your cheer
Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by Cromagnon: 5:13pm On Sep 06, 2021
Gosj001:
Who is counting? all this fictitious figures sef.

I still sell affordable laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.
Details on my signature
customs, national bureau for statistics
Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by Cromagnon: 5:13pm On Sep 06, 2021
dontro:
Who counted the generators?
customs
Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by Gosj001: 5:15pm On Sep 06, 2021
Cromagnon:
customs, national bureau for statistics

NBS For Nigeria!? grin grin

When was the last population census
Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by Cromagnon: 5:15pm On Sep 06, 2021
Flier:
DOnt mind those fools coming up with strange figures
The generator should be close to 100.000.000
Some people even have more generator at home than the number of children they have
so 1 in 2 Nigerians have a generator
Now who is coming up with foolish numbers
Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by Cromagnon: 5:18pm On Sep 06, 2021
temitope27:
Wrong statistics, it should be around 50 millions
1 in 4 Nigerians has a gen?
Look who's disconnected from reality.
Re: Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators by Cromagnon: 5:18pm On Sep 06, 2021
temitope27:
he thinks everyone is rich like him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mutiu Olagunju: Bola Tinubu's Achievement May Take Him To Aso Rock In 2023 / Describe Sanusi Lamido Sanusi In Your Own Words / Terhemen Tarzoor Wins Benue State PDP Governorship Primary Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.