Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria (21871 Views)

My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia / Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja / Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria by Shakitibob0: 5:28pm On Sep 09, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

You that just travelled? Biko I haven’t seen anyone living abroad thinking this way though.
It's so true ...

Some people are better off visiting other countries than to stay and live there permanently..

I have a friend who is planning on relocating back to start a business in Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria by Kandeed: 5:49pm On Sep 09, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

You that just travelled? Biko I haven’t seen anyone living abroad thinking this way though.

You've not seen cuz you've not asked them. perhaps you might want to throw off the thought of thinking starting a business abroad is that easy like how it's done in Nigeria
Re: Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria by Kandeed: 5:50pm On Sep 09, 2021
Sprumbaba:

You do not have to work under people to make money. Wrong notion.

That's the simple truth except you wanna major in cooking African dishes here and it's bout getting polluted aiidy
Re: Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:52pm On Sep 09, 2021
Grace001:
Mumu question

Since most of you think migrating is all about MONEY, it shows how selfish some people are.

Wise people migrate for the sake of their unborn kids/born kids just to give them a second nationality of a saner country where their kids can become whoever they want to become without the connection of commissioner,Senator or minister.

Since it’s all about your selfish self, stay here and do your business. Simple
Seriously, I don't understand ur anger
Re: Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria by Kandeed: 5:55pm On Sep 09, 2021
Hezzyluv:

How you take travel out na? Assist a brother from another mother with the process. I even dey arrange to go Dubai den from there go Oman or Canada.

it's a long story but I'll say mine was easier cuz I got an invite and atm I'm not spending on accommodation or bills

1 Like

Re: Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria by bepositive11: 5:55pm On Sep 09, 2021
Dialpad:
Move out, spend some years in the USA, save as much as you can.

Come back to Nigeria and set up a business. Not as easy as I made it sound, but achievable.

Currently in Nigeria, you can loose all your money, with no options left.

I left the USA over 10 yrs ago... set up a business in Nigeria.

Absolutely no regrets.

Why no regrets? What made you come back? Why didn't you stay there?
Re: Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria by Offpointng: 6:09pm On Sep 09, 2021
RPG2020:

You sure say you go like relocate back to Nigeria angry

You go miss burger king ooh and the rest grin

Lol I sure will. the truth is 9ja no bad if only Nigeria would be like Nigeria of 2000 - 2014 where insecurity was not that bad many folks won't leave. the business I had doing back home involves linking States but Lagos to ibadan ain't even safe anymore
Re: Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria by DavidHarry(m): 7:00pm On Sep 09, 2021
Measure your vessel.
Re: Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria by Ibk2020: 7:24pm On Sep 09, 2021
Eunicechi:
Good day guys, please I need a sincere advice on this subject matter.

Which one is advisable between relocating to the United States of America or Starting a business here in Nigeria?

People with experience on both should please advise me on this.

Thank you.
You are online reading comments,
I think you should reply the questions so as to get accurate advise and consideration.
E.g, the type of the USA visa and the capital available for the business.
Re: Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria by Goztino(m): 8:27pm On Sep 09, 2021
Well, let me briefly advise you and I believe you will pay special attention to me because I will talk from my experience in both.
I did business in Nigeria for nearly 7 months before leaving for my Msc in Germany.
I will complete my 2yrs by the end of this month outside Nigeria, so I have experienced both.

First of all, you weren't explicit enough to include the kind of visa you are talking about and your business experience and kind of family background you are from.

Most people will tell you that the richest Nigerians are in Nigeria, that's true but what they won't tell you is the circumstances surrounding those richest Nigerians.
If you are not from a rich family, neither are you highly experienced in business, don't even think about starting a business in Nigeria when you have the option of migrating to the most powerful country in the world, you will most likely be forced out by competition from highly experienced business moguls.
Business in Nigeria requires connection, capital and perseverance which everybody doesn't have.

Within my 2yrs here as a student, I can authoritavely tell you that I have seen tremendous differences.
Re: Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria by afroxyz: 8:46pm On Sep 09, 2021
Grace001:
Mumu question

Since most of you think migrating is all about MONEY, it shows how selfish some people are.

Wise people migrate for the sake of their unborn kids/born kids just to give them a second nationality of a saner country where their kids can become whoever they want to become without the connection of commissioner,Senator or minister.

Since it’s all about your selfish self, stay here and do your business. Simple

I wonder o. People that cant think beyond their nose. They would be the first to argue that you can make more money in Nigeria than abroad, as if life is all about money.
Re: Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria by afroxyz: 8:49pm On Sep 09, 2021
bepositive11:

Why no regrets? What made you come back? Why didn't you stay there?

If it was good for him, he wouldn't come back to Nigeria. Leave all these people abeg.
Re: Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria by Amanda4life: 8:59pm On Sep 09, 2021
florixi:

Uhmmmmm, that International passport aspect just got me emotional . if you now how much i just paid to one NIS officer yesterday(08/09/2021) to ensure my family passport is issue after two months of capturing ehheenh. ...I give up own this country! . i dont want to think about. really sad sad.

Now just imagine how the future generation will cope
Re: Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria by rosinkkit: 9:24pm On Sep 09, 2021
Emmacy001:
Are you relocating to America to do what?
Do you have anyone that will receive you there?
It's not just to travel abroad oo.
Some people are still making it Nigeria. If you channel the energy you used to raise the money in Nigeria for the travel into a legit business. You will still make it big in Nigeria.

ABEG TELL THE BOBO.

These failed Nigerians underestimate their country so much, it's tragic.

It is 10,000 times better starting a business in Nigeria than relocating to America, IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO START THAT BUSINESS.

IN FACT YOU WILL BE A BIG FOOL to leave that business, and travel to America to be answering to some racist white boss, in a company where there is an automatic colour-based glass ceiling, which virtually ensures you and your offspring will never rise to the very top of anything you're doing. Sure you might reach the top, but you'll be among the lucky 5% of Nigerians out there.

The majority are struggling. Imagine working 3 or 4 jobs, 18 hrs a day total? 5 or 6 days a week?

Millions of Nigerians do that overseas.

The money they make, nearly half goes on taxes of various kinds. The rest is carefully rationed on daily needs, and a little saved, if possible.

They go there and suffer, so they can build that 'mansion' in Naija, that will deceive people into thinking they are 'making it abroad'.

But most of the mansions we see were built by Nigerian-based people.

So you don't need to move to America, to make it big in Nigeria.

You just need the right mindset.

INNOSON, Air Peace. Ibeto Cement. ALL THESE GUYS STARTED WITH NOTHING HERE IN NIGERIA.

Imagine if Innoson had decided to move to the US when he was still a spare parts dealer?

By now at most he would be some guy stuck in a dead-end job, and getting ordered around by some racist white fool.

But look at him. He is CEO of the world's biggest black-owned vehicle manufacturing company, based in NNEWI, not Lagos, or Abuja. NNEWI.

ADOPT THE MINDSET OF INNOSON. Make your business dynamic and trend-setting, HERE IN NIGERIA.

I promise you, You will be ten times bigger than anything you could ever be in America.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria by traveladdict: 11:30pm On Sep 09, 2021
rosinkkit:

ABEG TELL THE BOBO.

It is 10,000 times better starting a business in Nigeria than relocating to America, IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO START THAT BUSINESS.

IN FACT YOU WILL BE A BIG FOOL to leave that business, and travel to America to be answering to some racist white boss, in a company where there is an automatic colour-based glass ceiling, which virtually ensures you and your offspring will never rise to the very top of anything you're doing. Sure you might reach the top, but you'll be among the lucky 5% of Nigerians out there.

The majority are struggling. Imagine working 3 or 4 jobs, 18 hrs a day total? 5 or 6 days a week?

The money they make, nearly half goes on taxes of various kinds. The rest is carefully rationed on daily needs, and a little saved, if possible.

They go there and suffer, so they can build that 'mansion' in Naija, that will deceive people into thinking they are 'making it abroad'.

INNOSON, Air Peace. Ibeto Cement. ALL THESE GUYS STARTED WITH NOTHING HERE IN NIGERIA.

Imagine if Innoson had decided to move to the US when he was still a spare parts dealer?

By now at most he would be some guy stuck in a dead-end job, and getting ordered around by some racist white fool.

But look at him. He is CEO of the world's biggest black-owned vehicle manufacturing company, based in NNEWI, not Lagos, or Abuja. NNEWI.

ADOPT THE MINDSET OF INNOSON. Make your business dynamic and trend-setting, HERE IN NIGERIA.

I promise you, You will be ten times bigger than anything you could ever be in America.

story! most of those guys u mentioned made money abroad before moving back to nigeria to do BIG buisness

i had same mindset before now- i dey form i will be going to the abroad for holiday stories.

na person when nigeria never happen to dey talk story, if you don't have strong connection, you cannot make it in any buisness in nigeria.

E go do u like film, business money will dry up, to even pay for visa fee....u nor go see money.

LEAVE WHILE YOU CAN.
Re: Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria by Profpuej(m): 5:29am On Sep 10, 2021
Kandeed:

Depends....if ur this typa business inclined person starting a business in Nigeria is great but on the other hand coming to America would make ur business senses dull cuz the system abroad is such a one that you just gotta work under people to make money

It's important to know what goes with you. someone like me living abroad no flow with my destiny I just dey force myself ni. if Buhari comot I go come back
perfect!! It depends on the type of business you are starting because people think that to start live in abroad is that easy or even doing business there but the taxes involved and all of that.I think Nigeria is the best place to stay and do business,I know you may quote me otherwise but if you are doing a business that pays you in dollars like I do,you will not be thinking of relocating abroad.I do some online business from the comfort of my home and I am being paid in hard currencies so why will I be thinking of that?I even have students I coach and they are making money too..well if you are interested you can chat me on zero seven zero four eight seven six zero seven can seven..well that's my own quota of help
Re: Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria by traveladdict: 9:23am On Sep 10, 2021
Majorly21:

Nigeria is one of the worst places to do business. Even real Estate (renting of apartment) is the worst investment to do in Nigeria talking from experience.

majority of my friends that came to Nigeria and invested in agriculture biz during Goodluck tenure are all complaining and many have closed their business regretting why they didn’t make a down payment for an apartment and put it on rent and the other are complaining of exchange rate, make #3m for the year and after all expenses around 1.3m is left convert it to dollar ($2500) for a year after all the calls from Nigeria and the stress grin grin

very well said, people don't really know whats happening in nigeria, business always start good in nigeria! one small policy change, everything can just go to sh*t, i get experience, the only ok business in nigeria is to be a builder/developer, how many people can finance a building project? banks won't help, no business man can survive without loan in this world, not to talk of nigeria .
Re: Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria by gforce5: 11:27am On Sep 10, 2021
I can't even begin to imagine what you went through. I was fortunate as my folks had some contacts with NIS and could settle them on a discount. Why should one bribe/know someone in order to acquire your National Passport which is part of your entitlement? Not only that, you have to go there PHYSICALLY to collect it. In saner climes, once your passport is ready, it is posted to your home address. Nigerians really deserve their leaders. The only ones who have the right to complain are those who are unwilling to accept mediocrity.
florixi:

Uhmmmmm, that International passport aspect just got me emotional . if you now how much i just paid to one NIS officer yesterday(08/09/2021) to ensure my family passport is issue after two months of capturing ehheenh. ...I give up own this country! . i dont want to think about. really sad sad.

Re: Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria by bepositive11: 4:50pm On Sep 10, 2021
afroxyz:

If it was good for him, he wouldn't come back to Nigeria. Leave all these people abeg.

It's just interesting and enlightening to hear about other people's perspectives
Re: Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria by Angela62: 11:01pm On Sep 10, 2021
Splitmind:
Nigeria is the best country to start a business in with it's strong economic polices, rising currency and respect for due process.

You're joking right?
Re: Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria by Alldew: 12:32am On Sep 11, 2021
Pls ooooo I also want to leave this country someone should take me out abeg as I no get the money to do that by my self.
Re: Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria by florixi: 8:40am On Sep 11, 2021
You sound like APC BMC. I never know them dey nairaland too. So you are comparing those guys that have friends in government to someone that know nobody in nigeria. a country that will ban any other person from doing a particular business because their boys are there. a country where there is no equal right, were are section of the country dominate every government sectors.

You talk of racism , i laugh, grin Ordinary Lebanese has been ordering me around and other nigerians around in our land. these are the guys that kno nothing about the job . In fact the one am working with presently knows NOTHING. But hes the oga because hes a Lebanese. So in nigeria , you face two type of racism , intra and inter-racisms. But if you are in oyinbo land you'd face one racism which they are even talking about it, but the one in nigeria no-one talk about it.

Is it Chinese you want to talk about, i know a chinese company in nigeria where people only have resumption hour and no closing hour in nigeria. employers pay you at their on discretion in nigria but abroad if you have capacity to do 10jobs together , employer knew they cant pay you less than a certain amount per HOUR.

are we not paying tax in nigeria? what have they use it for . Can your children attend government primary and secondary schools in nigeria? Do you have 24hrs electricity to run your barber shop or business center in nigeria yet they give you exorbitant bills every month .

Agreed, nigeria suppose to be a great country , but no working system . A country where politicians are supper rich and workers are supper poor. is that one a country.

If you guys don't want us to travel out then politicians shld stop traveling out for medicals as well.

rosinkkit:

ABEG TELL THE BOBO.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Intending UK Social Workers Get In! / 6 Unwritten Rules Of Airplane Travel / Togo’s Lome Port Overtakes Apapa Wharf As West Africa’s Leading Container Port

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.