Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) (46848 Views)

Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) / Lady Welcomes Twins After Bleeding For 2month Of Pregnancy Rejected By Boyfriend / Deformed Baby Born In Adamawa Hospital (Viewers Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by ogbiwa: 6:47am On Sep 08, 2021
Thousands of pounds have been raised to help a deformed baby boy born with a rare condition and labelled “devil spawn” by his twisted dad.

Mum Bajeneza Liberata gave birth to the child in Rwanda, central Africa, and is desperately seeking medical care.

Her son appears to be in a lot of pain – but was offered no medical support by doctors.

The dad insisted he had no responsibility and called his son the devil’s spawn – abandoning Bajeneza in the city she gave birth in.

After several days, a good samaritan eventually drove she and the child back to their village.

A GoFundMe page has since been set up, which is raising money to send Bajeneza and her child abroad for treatment.

More than £58,000 (N32m) has already been donated, with one user giving nearly £1,300.

One person posted: “Strong woman, hopefully her love will spread and cause miracles in that part of world and everywhere her son becomes known.”

Another said: “I pray this baby gets treatment soon and gets comfort, he and his mother deserve the best!”

A third added: “Seeing this baby cry and his tears breaks my heart.

I’m praying for the needed medical help and treatment.”

One woman online claimed to recognise the condition, and suggested it could be cloverleaf deformity – otherwise known as Pfeiffer syndrome.

It occurs when joint [sutures] between a baby’s skull bones fuse before birth.

Three are three different types, with the first resulting in “mild effects”, including “broad thumbs and “big toes”.

The NHS states: “Type 2 and 3 are much more severe. Many sutures are affected and the head-shape and the face are very abnormal.

The skull is short from front to back and very tall (turricephalic). The face can be quite set back and the eyes protruding.

“The difference between Type 2 and 3 is that in Type 2 there is also hydrocephalus and this pushes the skull into the shape (when seen from in front) of a cloverleaf – the cloverleaf skull.”

Depending on the severity of the condition, re-shaping surgery may be required – often within the first years of life.

Many of those born with the syndrome are left with “learning disabilities” and “long term airway and feeding problems”.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/thousands-raised-deformed-baby-abandoned-24923695

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by Waakanda: 6:52am On Sep 08, 2021
sad
Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 08, 2021
Sorry baby. You will be fine.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by Seniorwriter(m): 7:09am On Sep 08, 2021
Nice one.....

@SENIORWRITER

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:19am On Sep 08, 2021
Citygal:
Sorry baby. You will be fine.

30 Likes

Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:26am On Sep 08, 2021
First of all May God forbid bad things in our lives,but like seriously if my enemy wife born that kind pikin na to inject am for hospital make the pikin rest jeje. I no fit carry that kind pikin come house,wetin I wan tell people say I born?(Mr patrick for spongebob square pant).
Nb : I said God forbid bad thing earlier

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by Bankowner: 9:33am On Sep 08, 2021
When this is all over, I pray wholeheartedly for all round success in the surgery/treatment of the baby, and that good for nothing man of a father/husband shows up thereafter, he should first be tied to a donkey and the donkey made to walk, not run dragging him round the village 100 times.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by money121(m): 11:48am On Sep 08, 2021
Ok
Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by Riijt(m): 11:48am On Sep 08, 2021
Alhamdullilahi

5 Likes

Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by ChasinGood(m): 11:48am On Sep 08, 2021
Women dey try sha o. The child's father might return now sef grin

4 Likes

Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by RexTramadol1: 11:48am On Sep 08, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
First of all May God forbid bad things in our lives,but like seriously if my enemy wife born that kind pikin na to inject am for hospital make the pikin rest jeje. I no fit carry that kind pikin come house,wetin I wan tell people say I born?(Mr patrick for spring bug square pant).
Nb : I said God forbid bad thing earlier

Goodness me!

3 Likes

Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 08, 2021
fuckingAyaya:

Lol. Exactly how I look the comment sef.

4 Likes

Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by manunitedbabes: 11:49am On Sep 08, 2021
shocked nawa
Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by Dalil8: 11:49am On Sep 08, 2021
Omo this pikin worwor ehhn. Be like oracle.

Me sef go run if i be him papa, i no blame the man.

16 Likes

Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by Adenaph(m): 11:49am On Sep 08, 2021
May God reward all the donors abundantly.

26 Likes

Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by kereman1: 11:49am On Sep 08, 2021
Guys, forget all those babes, no body in this life can love u like ur mum.

Modified,
After viewing this post, I called my mum and told her I love her, she was surprised and asked me what I was up to, hope I'm not planning anything bad.

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by Holadokun(m): 11:50am On Sep 08, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by NwaAmaikpe: 11:50am On Sep 08, 2021
shocked

It is not fair how the media and everyone has found it so easy to demonize this freak of nature's dad for rejecting him.

I don't know about you but I'd do the same or even worse if I were in his shoes.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 08, 2021
Some people wicked sha.. it is God that will bless those that contribute for the lives of those children

1 Like

Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by osuofia2(m): 11:50am On Sep 08, 2021
I love it when humanity show kindness to each other, not religion or tribe because we were human before anything else. May Allah bless the hands that gives

11 Likes

Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by SunshineHQ(m): 11:50am On Sep 08, 2021
if god create everyone in his own image, can we now agree god also have a cone on his/her/it head?

god create pesin, dem dey donate to correct the pesin, una dey thank people wey donate... are u guys trying to say god made a mistake? grin

5 Likes

Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by Kingluqman(m): 11:50am On Sep 08, 2021
Na wa
Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by Okortor: 11:51am On Sep 08, 2021
May God have mercy on us AMEN.

3 Likes

Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by juwoonn(m): 11:51am On Sep 08, 2021
Toeze:
This is heartwarming news. Now he'll be treated and grow up to be a normal young man, and maybe God then blesses him with a brilliant idea or skill which he monetizes and becomes very wealthy and then that same father will return looking for his own share. I know he'll return because he's an African man
Very possible... but then, he’ll forgive because if the father did not abandon him, he’d probably die under his care. If the man had opened a “gofundme” to support in helping his child, the response wouldn’t have been as great as it is right now. The child is lucky his father bolted.
I nor support abandoning deformed children o!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by YoungLionken(m): 11:51am On Sep 08, 2021
They should end the life of that baby and then, use the money to create more wealth..

Children will always come(the baby isn't a grown up anyway)..

He will definitely suffer rejection from school,street,workmates, to mention a few...

Don't let him suffer world humiliation! End him now!!!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by Clasury: 11:52am On Sep 08, 2021
Okay
Re: N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) by dontro(m): 11:52am On Sep 08, 2021
That's touching

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Serves His Amputated Foot To Friends For Dinner (Graphic Story & Photos) / Second Wave Of COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Down Schools, Etc / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.