Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,824 members, 7,813,711 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? (20284 Views)

Graduate Begs For N18,000 Job On Facebook / N100,000 Job Or Five Million Naira Cash? / With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by micellgevity: 1:39pm On Sep 09, 2021
Pls, for those know about Oron, what is the life like there?
A friend got a call from his brother to come and work in Maritime Academy Oron. But he is sceptical about it.

Though, here in Ilorin his salary hardly lasts 3 days before he is broke again. He already built his house and married.

In Oron, he will be appointed as irregular staff, as they call it, though, he will later be converted to regular staff after some time.

There is no much difference between irregular and regular staff salaries.

The question now is should he go, is 85 thousand naira salary worth it in Oron? For those who know about maritime academy, pls, your input is needed.

E.g. the actual salary of level 8, security, social life, cost of living and quality of life, hostility from the indigens etc. I forgot to say there might be accommodation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by phemsie(m): 2:07pm On Sep 09, 2021
FTC for the first time since I've been on ñairaland. Oya Lala make I send my aza

I have stayed in a more cosmopolitan of uyo in akwa ibom state for a year and ibcan confidently say that somebody can survive well with a salary of 50k per month if u are not the over spending type.
Cost of living is very low compared to places like dLagos and port Harcourt.
And I believe iOon will still be cheaper than uyo, being a surbub town in akwa ibom.
So if the job is assured, u can tell your friend to go.

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by aylive02(m): 3:28pm On Sep 09, 2021
micellgevity:
A friend got a call from his brother to come and work in Maritime Academy Oron. But he is sceptical about it.
Though, here in Ilorin his salary hardly lasts 3 days before he is broke again. He already built his house and married. In Oron, he will be appointed as irregular staff, as they call it, though, he will later be converted to regular staff after some time. There is no much difference between irregular and regular staff salaries. The question now is should he go, is 85 thousand naira salary worth it in Oron? For those who know about maritime academy, pls, your input is needed. E.g. the actual salary of level 8, security, social life, cost of living and quality of life, hostility from the indigens etc. I forgot to say there might be accommodation.

Lala and superior, pls help move it to the front page.
if they won't fire him a few days after being employed in Oron, he can go. Na just the irregular staff thing dey worry me o. 40k wey dey come steady can be trusted than 85k wey go stop after failure to meet expectations

73 Likes 9 Shares

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by micellgevity: 3:40pm On Sep 09, 2021
phemsie:
I have stayed in a more cosmopolitan of uyo in akwa ibom state for a year and ibcan confidently say that somebody can survive well with a salary of 50k per month if u are not the over spending type.
Cost of living is very low compared to places like Lagos and port Harcourt.
And I believe iron will still be cheaper than uyo, being a surbub town in akwa ibom.
So if the job is assured, u can tell your friend to go.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by micellgevity: 3:41pm On Sep 09, 2021
aylive02:
if they won't fire him a few days after being employed in Oron, he can go. Na just the irregular staff thing dey worry me o. 40k wey dey come steady can be trusted than 85k wey go stop after failure to meet expectations
Sure!

3 Likes

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by Lamasta(m): 4:10pm On Sep 09, 2021
Oron is calling you go and answer the call with immediate alarcrity...

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by eddyusoroh(m): 4:26pm On Sep 09, 2021
I would advise him to go get the job.

But if he doesn't want to go, please he should link me for the job. wink
micellgevity:
Though, here in Ilorin his salary hardly lasts 3 days before he is broke again. He already built his house and married. In Oron, he will be appointed as irregular staff, as they call it, though, he will later be converted to regular staff after some time. There is no much difference between irregular and regular staff salaries. The question now is should he go, is 85 thousand naira salary worth it in Oron? For those who know about maritime academy, pls, your input is needed. E.g. the actual salary of level 8, security, social life, cost of living and quality of life, hostility from the indigens etc. I forgot to say there might be accommodation.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by AKWATGOLD1(m): 4:46pm On Sep 09, 2021
Life is all about Risk. He can test the Oron climate and moreso, collecting 40k and embark on house project, Omoooo, he thick oooo with this present naija.
Going to Oron will open his eyes for more business potentials like crayfish and fish business.

micellgevity:

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by slawormiir: 5:00pm On Sep 09, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

1 Like

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by thundafire: 5:00pm On Sep 09, 2021
Oron is better things cheap

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by GboyegaD(m): 5:01pm On Sep 09, 2021
Hmm...both salaries are low. Things to consider are: prospects/opportunities in his current environment vs. Oron, career prospect/growth, company culture, and additional overhead cost.

You stated he has built his house in Kwara, so that could be an edge either for him to stay or go depending on his preference. He could rent out the house to augment his income in Oron however, for how long is he getting a secured accommodation in Oron?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by kbams241: 5:01pm On Sep 09, 2021
Government worker in Ilorin,irregular staff at oron.. Government work is more secured don't let your village people confuse u

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by Teewhy2: 5:01pm On Sep 09, 2021
if there is security of job, he can go.
His is wife also working and does he plan to move them or just visit once in a while. money shouldn't be the only deciding factor here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by wallay77(m): 5:01pm On Sep 09, 2021
auto correct don change ORON to IRON....lol

7 Likes

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by Disturb: 5:02pm On Sep 09, 2021
Tired of seeing these sort of topics all the time....Mods should stop being stupid and bringing such topics to front page.... It's annoying seeing grown ass men who can't make decisions for themselves

You wear the shoe...you know where hurts not us

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 5:02pm On Sep 09, 2021
Let me give you my suggestion not advice as an ex student of the Academy. Note that the town is not cheap due to the manner sea farers who school there spend money.

If he will be given accommodation inside the school then he can take the offer. Houses outside the school is minimum of 20k monthly.

The prices of goods and services is even considered higher than uyo. The market he'll find things quite expensive compared to what he gets in ilorin.

The Oron town electricity is abysmal, so terrible he'll have to depend charging his phone in the school which runs regular generator during work hour.

He can take the job if they'll give him accommodation inside the school, else that money will vanish within two weeks on managing levels...

Note that the Academy is the most you can get in Oron since there are no sensible companies.

32 Likes

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by valentinenkem: 5:02pm On Sep 09, 2021
We are following

1 Like

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by Muhylonaire007: 5:02pm On Sep 09, 2021
Where una dey see these vacancies na

2 Likes

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 09, 2021
Less than $150 a month. May God save us oo.

6 Likes

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by Mubby4luv(m): 5:03pm On Sep 09, 2021
My only Question is Where una de see all these Jobs from? cry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by Casan0va: 5:03pm On Sep 09, 2021
I will advise him to make sure of the terms ooo. You cant risk it all to become an irregular staff which means you're on probation and can be cut off after about a month or two.
Job security is important.
BUT!!!! IF he knows what he brings to the table and is confident he can scale through, then he should go for the 85k job

1 Like

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by money121(m): 5:03pm On Sep 09, 2021
Ok
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by xpressionx(m): 5:03pm On Sep 09, 2021
THERE IS NO BASIS FOR COMPARISON,MY ONLY PRAYER IS THAT ENJOYMENT SHOULD NOT KILL YOU IN ORON.
FRESH FISH
FRESH BABES
CHEAP HOUSE
ACCESS ROAD TO UYO
AQUA/MARINE LIFE.

OP JUST DONT FORGET YOUR PARENTS
grin

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by GeneralPula: 5:03pm On Sep 09, 2021
Yesterday, it was Ibadan vs Kaduna or shey nah Kano..

Today it’s ilorin vs Oron..

5 Likes

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by sylve11: 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2021
Stayed in both places.

Illorin is cheaper. Less wahala. Less spending. cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by alizma: 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2021
Run down to Oron. In fact there is a bonus to that 85k which they are yet to tell you.... Calabar babes, I wish you luck bro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by sgtponzihater1(m): 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2021
In this case Oron lo le se oh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by DuduParaPara: 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2021
Oron.

Can't remember the last time someone called that name beside me.

I only use to hear about Oron while reading those old English textbooks.

Oron in Calabar.

Edet lives in Calabar. Etc

8 Likes

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by realstars: 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2021
Life In Oron Is Cool And Lifely, Huspitality Is Ok Than Ilorin.

5 Likes

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by Semikolo: 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2021
grin
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by neonly: 5:05pm On Sep 09, 2021
micellgevity:

Though, here in Ilorin his salary hardly lasts 3 days before he is broke again. He already built his house and married.

In Oron, he will be appointed as irregular staff, as they call it, though, he will later be converted to regular staff after some time.

The question now is should he go, is 85 thousand naira salary worth it in Oron? For those who know about maritime academy, pls, your input is needed.

E.g. the actual salary of level 8, security, social life, cost of living and quality of life, hostility from the indigens etc. I forgot to say there might be accommodation.

Oron straight no thinking back go ilorin Na only amala and chess you dey chop yur neck go come long like person wey just come back from??

2 Likes

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by Seniorwriter(m): 5:05pm On Sep 09, 2021
After securing any of the two try get a digital skill or service mentorship so that you can become your own boss early.
micellgevity:

@SENIORWRITER

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairaland & Other Internet Sites Are Designed For Fraud - NSCDC / After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job / Invited For Interview By Mutual Benefit Assurance Plc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.