Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Sudden Recall From Former Organisation - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sudden Recall From Former Organisation (18489 Views)

Optiva Capital Partners Could Be A Toxic Organisation (Pictures) / Zimbabwe Fires All Striking Nurses, To Hire Unemployed Nurses And Recall Retired / BREAKING: Senate Ask MOUAU VC, Otunta To Recall Sacked Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by laiza(m): 5:21pm On Sep 13, 2021
Tell your former employer you need 2 weeks notice to be fully prepared for resumption otherwise they will still fire you, maybe not now but someday. Right now you have to understand that they need you more than you need them. Forget about the salary and comfort for a minute and think why they need you back suddenly especially when they were the one that asked you to leave in the first place? This might be the moment you change everything and the dynamics surrounding your life and future. You have the power of negotiation and respect right now, please don't jeopardise it by rushing back. If for nothing at least try to respect your present employer and watch your value increase.
In the west and other saner climes when you accept a job offer you sign an employment contract that says you cannot leave until after 6 months. That is the general practice

1 Like

Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by TheGift: 6:02pm On Sep 13, 2021
Not enough info to work with but it all depends on the terms of your employment.

Why does the former company want you back? I hope it is because they value you. In which case you may negotiate for something much better and even get them to foot the bill for leaving your current company- if they need you to resume immediate- I.e in less than one month.
ayomilore:
Hi house. Please i need clarification on this issue, i was recalled back from my former organization and asked to resume immediately. Meanwhile the organisaton i'm working with says i need to pay them one month gross salary in lieu of notice even though i have not been confirmed there otherwise my resignation letter will not be accepted to them.
I don't have anything to pay but can only forfeit about 12 days salary plus the little contribution i have with them.

Thank you.
Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by henrijin: 6:05pm On Sep 13, 2021
We cannot advice a thing till we see the contents of your contract with your present employer.
Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by Bngf: 6:16pm On Sep 13, 2021
Oh
Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by lomprico(m): 6:24pm On Sep 13, 2021
ayomilore:
Hi house. Please i need clarification on this issue, i was recalled back from my former organization and asked to resume immediately. Meanwhile the organisaton i'm working with says i need to pay them one month gross salary in lieu of notice even though i have not been confirmed there otherwise my resignation letter will not be accepted to them.
I don't have anything to pay but can only forfeit about 12 days salary plus the little contribution i have with them.

Thank you.

Sooooooooooooo, wetin you con want make we do now? undecided
Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by shedy03(m): 7:59pm On Sep 13, 2021
ayomilore:

"even though i have not been confirmed there"

It means you are still on probation. What does the company guild line says about such a situation?
Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by assent: 9:29pm On Sep 13, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:

Lolz. Chronic Rule breaker reporting others for breaking rules.

Your hands are dirty
NLPoliceWoman:

You use multiple monickers, mannabbgrills.

You are also breaking nairaland rule 19.

So, your hands are very dirty too. You are not qualified to report anybody because you are also an offender. You perpetrate immorality by breaking the rules.

Remove the log in your eyes, you Hypocrite, before pointing to the speck in other people's eyes
Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by Larrylarex(m): 6:31am On Sep 14, 2021
You don't need to tell your new employer sef. Just stop coming to work, they'd figure it out. If I pay, make I bend
Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by Trottle: 8:04am On Sep 14, 2021
Prechy08:
I don't see this a good news.

How can my ex-organisation re-call me then I smell a rat no matter how good the pay is, for me it's very dangerous.

I remembered when I was resigning from my old place 9 days to my last day. I was called and told, we will add something to your salary. My response was simple "I appreciate that Sir, but I have gone beyond that now.

OP my advise to your scanty post is simple. If your former place is a financial institution or you worked in accounts or any sensitive position, better remain where u are, it's too suspicious.

Op, ensure you listen and internalize the above. Prechy08 is speaking from hard gained experience. Often times, it does not bode well to return to your former place of work, especially if you part ways in a less than ideal way. Some company can be vindictive and hate the fact that you are better off without them.

So, a higher salary, allowance(s), higher position might all be a Trojan Horse which could be nasty for your career.

My advice, stay put in your current place of work, and if you really want to move, look for another place of work than has better working conditions than your former and current company.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? / Is Quantity Surveying A Good Career In Nigeria / Nigeria Customs Fires 61 & Retires 16 Officers Over Certificate Forgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.